Antonovka - an apple almost winter, fragrant, sweet-sour.
It is a pity that it is not stored for very long, but it is jammed out of it and tastes delicious and simple in cooking.
If your friends and acquaintances offer you a box, if not one of Antonovsky apples, agree, do not think. Do not eat fresh - cook jam, but such that captures the spirit!
Antonovka jam for the winter - general principles of preparation
• Apple jam for winter preparations can be cooked on the stove in a thick-walled pot, cooked in an oven or multi-cooker.
• It is not necessary to use quality fruits. Slightly wrinkled or spoiled apples will also fit, if the pre-cut damaged areas.
• Apples are cut into slices or halves and remove seeds from them. After pre-boiling or roasting in the oven, slightly cooled fruit is ground on a metal sieve, leaving the skin in it, or interrupted by a blender until uniform, carefully grinding it. Often, the peeled pieces without prior heat treatment are crushed with a meat grinder, passing through the smallest grid.
• Sugar and other ingredients are added to the already crushed apples. The rate of sugar is calculated in advance, after weighing the apples prepared for grinding or boiling.
• Cooking from Antonovka for the winter is not only the usual apple jam, familiar to everyone since childhood. Very often, its flavor is set off by the addition of nutmeg, cocoa, cinnamon, lemons or oranges.
• To preserve jam from Antonovka for the winter, the hot delicacy is packaged only in dry, pre-sterilized jars and sealed with carefully boiled lids. If the containers are not sterilized beforehand, then after packaging they must be heated in the oven or kept for some time in boiling water, and then rolled up.
Thick apple jam from Antonovka for the winter
• 4 kilo Antonovka; • 300 ml of drinking water;
• 1.8 kg of granulated sugar.
1. Cut the apples rinsed with warm water into lobules, remove the core from the pieces, cut off the spoiled and damaged places. Processed fruit should come out at least 3 kg.
2. Transfer the slices to any suitable volume pot and pour the specified amount of water to them.
3. Boil the fruit for half an hour over low heat to soften the flesh and remove from the stove.
4. Slightly cool the apples with a colander, carefully choosing the skins so that they do not fall into the finished product.
5. Pour the resulting applesauce into a wide stainless steel bowl and add sugar, stir.
6. Place the container on a small fire and boil the fruit mass until the desired density is reached. To get a very thick product, the apple mass should be boiled for at least an hour and a half.
7. Ready jam hot pack in dry sterile jars and tighten with sterile caps.
Delicate apple jam from Antonovka for the winter with lemon
• apples, fully ripe - 3 kg;
• sugar at the rate of 600 gr. for every kilogram of pulp;
• half a small lemon.
1. Rinse and rinse the apples in warm water, peel and cut into large slices, cutting out the remnants of the seed box from each.
2. Weigh the peeled fruit pieces in order to correctly calculate the required amount of sugar and twist in a meat grinder.
3. In the resulting puree, pour in the sugar, stir well and leave for a couple of hours. Then, with medium heat, bring to a boil, boil a minute and set aside for 12 hours.
4. Grind half a lemon with a meat grinder with the smallest grill. Mix the citrus gruel with the mashed apple sauce, do not forget to stir, wait for boiling and again set aside for 12 hours.
5. Boil for the last time and boil for at least 6 minutes. Heat up in clean, dry jars and place in a cold oven.
6. Bring the oven heat up to 150 degrees, hold the jar in it for three minutes and roll up immediately.
Recipe for the simplest apple jam from Antonovka for the winter
• 2.3 kg enumerated Antonovka;
• sugar, preferably unrefined - 1.6 kg.
1. Cut the peeled apples into four pieces and place on a baking sheet in one layer. Bake quarters at 160 degrees until the apple pulp is completely softened, then cool slightly and grind through a rare metal sieve or colander.
2. Mix cooked applesauce and sugar, put to boil at a moderate temperature. Be sure to stir from time to time so that the mass is not burnt.
3. Not earlier than in an hour, spread the jam in half-liter prepared cans and hermetically seal them.
How to cook apple jam from Antonovka for the winter without sugar
• one kilogram of Antonovka;
• filtered drinking water - 200 ml.
1. Slice the apples into large slices and cover them with water.
2. Bring over low heat to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for a quarter of an hour, stirring occasionally. Cool it down.
3. Rub your cooled apple mass through a sieve and put it on a small fire again.
4. While stirring, boil until thickened, spread out hot over prepared dry containers, and cover with boiled lids.
5. Without rolling, sterilize the containers in a saucepan with boiling water: liter 20 minutes, half-liter - a quarter of an hour. It will take half an hour to sterilize three-liter bottles.
6. After that, roll the covers with a special key and leave to cool.
Spicy apple jam from Antonovka for the winter in a slow cooker
Ingredients per kilogram of fully peeled apples:
• pound of sugar;
• 1/2 of a medium-sized lemon;
• ground nutmeg - 1/4 tsp;
• one third teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
1. Wash the apples well under water. With a thin layer, cut off the peel of the fruit, cut them into slices and cut out solid partitions with seeds from each, weigh them.
2. Measure out the required amount of sugar and pour apple slices into it when you transfer them to the cooking bowl. 3. For one hour, leave the apples sprinkled with sugar to make juice.
4. After that, mix well and turn on the slow cooker for an hour and 20 minutes in cooking mode. Then smash the apple mass into a puree blender and pour over the dry containers that have been processed over steam.
5. Place the filled jars on the middle level of a cold oven, placing them on the grill, and heat for 10 minutes, bringing the temperature to 120 degrees.
6. After that, carefully remove the container from the oven and immediately roll up hermetically.
Unusual chocolate jam from Antonovka for the winter
• three kilograms of ripe apples;
• two kilos of sugar;
• natural butter;
• dark cocoa powder - 100 gr.
1. Boil half halves of apples without peel and seed pods in a small amount of water, achieving complete softening.
2. Squeeze the apple broth, and smash the fruit pulp with a blender into a pulp or grind on a rare sieve.
3. Put the cooked applesauce in a thick-walled pot or pan, mix it with sugar and put it on a small fire.
4. Mix the cocoa powder well with melted butter and add to the total mass 20 minutes after you set it to cook. Stir well and continue to simmer until you achieve the desired consistency.
5. The finished chocolate-apple jam canned in the usual way without sterilization.
Fragrant jam from Antonovka for the winter with oranges
Ingredients per 1 kg of processed apples:
• 700 gr. Sahara;
• one large orange.
1. Rinse the apples, cut the cores, cut the fruit in half. Weigh and chop the fruits in a combine together with the peel.
2. Scald orange with boiling water and chop it together with zest in the same way as apples.
3. Mix malic and citrus mass, add granulated sugar, correctly calculating its quantity, mix.
4. In a thick-walled pot or cauldron, boil for 40 minutes on medium heat, be sure to mix it often. If you are afraid of burning or you do not have time for frequent stirring, you can boil it over a minimum of fire. In this case, it will take more time, about an hour and a half. 5. Spread hot jam in oven-calcined glass jars and immediately roll up the sterile caps.
Antonovki jam for the winter - cooking tricks and useful tips
• The peel of Antonovka variety apples softens well when cooked, and if it is not peeled off, even after grinding in a meat grinder, its pieces will not be felt in the ready jam.
• So that during long boiling the apple mass does not burn, it should be stirred more often, and only use thick-walled dishes for cooking.
• The wider the capacity, the faster the moisture will evaporate from the fruit, and the jam will be prepared accordingly faster.
• After adding sugar to apple puree, it should be mixed well and let stand for a little so that the sugar crystals are well dissolved.
• Doubt the readiness of the jam, run a wooden spatula along the bottom of the tank. If the mass does not flow to the formed track within ten seconds, then it is ready. You can drop a little thick mass on a cold plate. If the droplet quickly froze and does not flow when the plate is tilted, it can be removed from the heat.
• Ready jam from Antonovka can quickly turn into marmalade. To do this, you need to put it on a parchment-laid baking sheet with a layer of no more than 3 cm and lightly dry it in the oven. Then cool the layer of marmalade, without removing it from the pan, cut it into pieces of any desired size and shape and roll in powdered sugar. It is possible to wrap the cooled layer tightly with parchment and put it in storage in the refrigerator.