Apple jam is a wonderful piece that will find fans in any home.
You can eat a sweet treat just like that or add to different dishes.
In any case, it is great, especially if made at home.
Homemade apple jam for the winter - general principles of cooking
For jam, you can use overripe, wrinkled and broken apples. It is preferable to use summer and autumn varieties. Winter apples are not suitable for harvesting, which are not juicy, do not have a pronounced flavor. Fruits are ground before boiling or frayed after steaming. Sometimes a blender is used that shortens and facilitates the harvesting of a sweet delicacy.
Apple jam can be prepared only with sugar. But more and more citrus, other fruits and berries are added to it. There are recipes fragrant delicacies with cinnamon, vanilla, ginger.
What is most often added to apples:
• black chokeberry.
Jam can be cooked in a classic way on the stove. If the kitchen has a slow cooker, then you can use this device. Tasty and fragrant jam turns out after languishing in the oven, by the way, the recipe is just below.
Simple apple jam
The recipe for the simplest jam from apples, which can be used immediately or rolled up in jars and left until winter. If the apples are well boiled soft, then the mass does not even need to be crushed, which also simplifies and speeds up the cooking process.
• 1 kg of apples;
• 500 g of sugar;
• 100 ml of water.
1. Rinse, peel the apples, cut into slices. Put the fruit pieces in the saucepan.
2. Add water to apples.
3. Cover, stew. Some varieties of apples quickly turn into mashed potatoes. It is only necessary to stir the mass occasionally.
4. If the pieces do not fall apart, then you just need to cook them until soft. Then chop a blender or twist through a meat grinder. 5. Add granulated sugar.
6. Put the mass on the stove again; do not make the fire big so that the mass does not burn.
7. Boil the jam for 40 to 60 minutes, depending on the consistency you need.
8. Now it can be cooled and used for its intended purpose. Or pour a hot mass on the banks, roll up before winter.
Apple jam at home with an orange
Citruses are often added when harvesting apple jam at home. Zest gives a delicacy chic flavor, makes the taste richer and deeper, while the technology of making jam is not much complicated.
• 3 kg of apples (Antonovka);
• 2 oranges;
• 1.5 kg of sugar.
1. Apples need to be washed, you can not clean. According to the recipe used grade "Antonovka". But you can take another similar one.
2. Cut into slices for subsequent mincing or grinding in a combine.
3. Oranges need to remove the zest. Take for this vegetable knife or regular grater. With them to remove the painted skin is simple.
4. Next, clean the citrus from the white peel, remove the seeds from the slices. Transfer to apples.
5. Grind all the fruits together with the zest.
6. If the mass is thick, you can add half a glass of water.
7. Put on fire, boil for a quarter of an hour.
8. Add sugar to the jam, cook it for another 30-40 minutes. Look at the consistency, the jam should be thick, homogeneous, the presence of small grains is allowed.
Jam from apples in a multicooker
The basic recipe for jam from apples in a slow cooker. In a similar way, you can prepare a sweet treat with the addition of other fruits and berries.
• 1 kg of apples;
• 1.5 glasses of water;
• 2.5 cups of sugar.
1. Peel the apples. Put the skins in a saucepan, add water, put on the stove.
2. Prepare a rich decoction of apple skins, rich in pectin. It is he who will give the ready-made jam a thick consistency. Strain the decoction. 3. Cut the apples into slices, fold the multicooker into the saucepan, Close the multicooker, put the pastries for half an hour. During this time, the apples will become soft.
4. Remove the fruit from the multicooker, chop it in any way or just mash it.
5. Add granulated sugar, stir and return to the multicooker saucepan.
6. Pour all the broth. After filtering it should be less than a glass, half is enough. You can pour all that is. Worse jam this will not.
7. Turn baking on for another hour. Look at the density. Most often, 35-40 minutes is enough to make the jam the desired consistency.
Homemade apple jam for the winter with the skin
Recipe thick, fragrant apple jam for the winter. That is how it is prepared in large productions. To make it work, a blender is used.
• 1.2 kg of sugar;
• 2.5 kg of apples;
• 180 g of water;
• 3 g of citric acid.
1. Cut the washed apples into pieces, the peel should not be removed, but the bits should be avoided. Also cut hard sashes near the seeds, they are not needed.
2. Add water to apples, cover, boil on the fire until soft.
3. Remove the lid, cool, but do not need to cool completely. You can grind a warm mass.
4. Immerse the blender, whisk the jam until smooth, smooth all skins.
5. Add sugar and lemon, stir.
6. Now put the mass on a moderate fire. So that it does not burn, constantly stir.
7. Boil for about an hour. It should be borne in mind that after cooling, the jam will be even thicker, since the peel contains a lot of pectin. Therefore, it is not necessary to bring the sweet mass all the way up.
Simple apple jam in the oven
The recipe is very appetizing and simple apple jam, for the preparation of which you will need an oven. In it, it does not exactly burn, it will turn out thick and fragrant, if everything is done correctly.
• glass of water;
• 1.5 kg of apples; • 700 g sugar.
1. Peel the apples, cut, put in the saucepan. It is better to use aluminum immediately.
2. Add water, cook until soft on the stove. If the apples are ripe, then it will not take more than ten minutes.
3. Stir or whip in another way until mashed.
4. Add prescription sugar, stir.
5. Cover the pan, place in the oven. Set the temperature to 200 degrees.
6. As soon as the jam boils, reduce the temperature to a minimum. For languishing enough 70-80 degrees.
7. Cook the jam in the oven for three hours. During this time, the mass will become dark, more often it turns reddish, an amazing aroma will appear, the jam will become thick.
8. Spread sweet mass in sterile containers, after complete cooling, send not storage.
Apple jam in the home with a pumpkin
The recipe is a bright, useful and affordable jam, which is added along with the pumpkin pumpkin. Also, a prescription is added dry citric acid. If there is a desire, then you can add juice from fresh citrus, it will turn out even better.
• 600 g pumpkin;
• 700 g apples;
• 700 g of sugar;
• 2.5 g citric acid;
• 150 g of water.
1. Purified pumpkin, freed from all unnecessary, fold into a saucepan, add recipe water, stew until soft.
2. While the pumpkin is being prepared, it is necessary to peel the apples, cut them into small pieces, the stubs and seed leaves are thrown away.
3. Add apples to the pumpkin, but only after the slices are soft. Otherwise, the cooking process will be delayed.
4. Steam the apples with the pumpkin under the lid for about ten minutes until soft. Time can be extended if required.
5. Take tolkushku, remember soft pieces to turn them into puree. If you want to get Bole homogeneous and tender jam, you can cool the contents of the saucepan and punch through a blender.
6. Now is the time to add prescription sugar and citric acid. Or squeeze the juice out of half citrus. 7. Stir, put on the stove again.
8. Boil the jam for another half hour, stir it regularly, so that it does not burn.
9. Transfer to jars, store.
Apple jam in a slow cooker with lemon
A variant of a very fragrant jam, in which, apart from apples, lemon is also added. If the citrus is large, then you can use a half.
• 1.5 kg of apples;
• 1 lemon;
• 700 g sugar.
1. Lemon, you must first rinse well, then pour boiling water. Cut into pieces, remove the bones.
2. Cut the apples too, no need to remove the peel. Make pieces of this size, which is easy to pass into the meat grinder. Or just cut arbitrary pieces, if you grind in a combine.
3. Twist the fruit through the meat grinder, shift the puree into the slow cooker.
4. If the mass is thick, the apples are not very juicy, then you can add a little water to the twisted puree, about half a cup.
5. Close, cook in baking mode for about half an hour. You can periodically stir.
6. Open, add sugar, stir and cook another 45 minutes, you do not need to rearrange the mode.
7. Evaluate the consistency. If the jam is quite thick, uniform, then you can turn it off. For long term storage, fold the mass, while it is hot, in sterile jars, spin. If the delicacy is cooked just like that, then just cool it down.
Homemade apple jam with plums for the winter
Variant of sweet billet with plums. This jam differs in dark color, saturated taste. The recipe is suitable even for plums that do not want to part with the bones. To grind fruit you will need a sieve, preferably a metal one.
• 0.5 kg of plums;
• 1 kg of apples;
• 1 kg of sugar.
1. Cut the apples into slices, put them in a saucepan.
2. Add plums to them. If they are easily separated, then remove the bone. If the plums do not want to part with a bone, just make a small incision on each thing. 3. Now pour half a cup of water into the fruit, steaming until soft.
4. As soon as the pieces are well cooked, you can remove the saucepan from the heat.
5. Cool the mass so that it does not burn your hands. Grind the puree through a strainer. Throw away the skins.
6. In puree, add sugar, mix.
7. It remains only to put it on the stove, cook. Do not forget to stir the mass, otherwise the treat will burn quickly.
8. On average, plum jam with apples is prepared from half an hour to an hour, but bring to the consistency you need.
9. Spread boiling delicacy in sterile, sure to dry containers. Seal hermetically.
Simple apple jam with cinnamon and ginger
Option simple, but very fragrant and tasty jam from apples. In addition to spices, it is added lemon zest. Can take fresh or dry.
• 1.5 kg of apples;
• 750 g of sugar;
• 1 tsp. peel;
• 0.5 tsp. cinnamon;
• 0.3 tsp. dry ginger;
• 0.5 tsp. citric acid.
1. Twist the apples with or without the peel in a mush. Put it in a saucepan.
2. Immediately add the zest, put on the stove, boil for 10 minutes.
3. It's time to add some sugar. Boil the treat for another quarter of an hour.
4. Now pour ground cinnamon and dry ginger into jam. If there is no powder, then you can use fresh ginger root, only rub it finely.
5. Stir, cook the treat for about half an hour, look at the color and density.
6. For winter storage, distribute the billet in sterile jars, cork immediately until the mass has cooled.
Apple jam at home with pears
A variant of the amazing pear-apple jam, the taste of which is also familiar to many from childhood. You can take any pears, but it's better not too soft to make a delicacy thick.
• 1 kg of pears;
• 1 kg of apples;
• 1.5 kg of sugar;
• 1 tsp. lemon leaves.
1. Cut the fruit into slices, the skin should not be removed. Put in a saucepan. 2. Add some water, just a few spoons. If the fruit is not very juicy, then you can pour more, but a maximum of 200 ml.
3. Place on the stove, rub under the lid until soft.
4. Cool the fruit.
5. Wipe through a sieve. Gentle puree return to the pan.
6. Add citric acid, add sugar, stir.
7. Boil jam for 35-40 minutes, stir constantly, after boiling, make the fire less than average.
8. Arrange in jars or simply cool, help yourself and please the household.
Homemade apple jam for the winter - tips and tricks
• To jam quickly thickened, you do not need to cover the treat during the final cooking. With the same purpose, use a wide dish, so that the evaporation area was larger.
• Jam becomes thick only after complete cooling. But how to determine the consistency in advance? You can drop a little hot mass on a chilled plate, after cooling down, evaluate the consistency. Or hold the jam with a spatula. If the groove disappears immediately, then the mass is not ready yet. If the left track is filled slowly, then you can remove the workpiece from the fire.
• How much sugar should I put in jam? Often recipes are advised to reduce the amount if sweet apples are used. In fact, this is not entirely correct, the delicacy can sour during storage. It is recommended to lay at least 50% of the sand of the total mass of prepared mashed potatoes. During boiling concentration will increase.