Low-fat soups, they are also “lean”, as the name implies, are one of the most recognized dishes in the diet of people who observe Orthodox religious canons.
At the same time, they are often prescribed to patients with impaired functioning of the internal organs and with low-calorie diets.
Unlike, for example, salads, soups contain a large amount of fluid and because of this they have a beneficial effect on the body, without causing sensations of heaviness in the stomach, but supplying the person with the necessary vitamins, nutrients and microelements.
A variety of low-fat soups - recipes are calculated in dozens, allows you to pick them up to the most demanding taste.
Low-fat soups - general principles of cooking
• Low-fat soups are not prepared in concentrated fatty broths, they are boiled in water, broth from low-fat sea fish or vegetable broths. In special cases, if such soup is prepared not in fasting or on certain days, broth can be cooked from lean veal or chicken breast.
• For the preparation of low-fat soups select products containing a lot of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and useful macro-and micronutrients. Such as mushrooms, cereals, legumes, in particular beans, and all sorts of vegetables that can be purchased at any time of the year, both fresh and frozen.
• The fryer is cooked with a minimum content of lean fats (refined sunflower oil) or vegetables are added to the liquid core (broth, broth), also adding a little fat.
• To make lean lean soups tasty, they are seasoned to enhance the flavor of various spices and add a lot of greens.
Low-fat soups - recipe for vegetable tomato soup with dumplings
Ingredients for a 3 liter saucepan:
• three small potatoes;
• carrot - 1 pc .;
• small onion;
• two canned tomatoes, red;
• one cup of beans, dry;
• 1 tbsp. l baker's white flour;
• 30 grams of butter, natural cream.
1. Boil beans until tender. Add in boiling broth, diced or cubed carrot with potatoes and small onion slices. 2. After a quarter of an hour, lower the peeled, cut into slices tomatoes and continue cooking.
3. Stir the flour in a loose egg until a homogeneous enough viscous mass, the consistency of a thick, not frozen homemade sour cream.
4. When the potatoes reach readiness, start gaining the flour mass with a teaspoon moistened in water and dip half a spoon in the soup.
5. When the whole mixture is consumed, lightly salt the soup, stir well and boil, reducing the heat to minimum for another five minutes.
6. At the end of cooking, add the butter, crumbled with finely green dill and, covered with a lid, let the soup stand for at least a quarter of an hour.
Low-fat soups - recipe for mushroom soup with asparagus
• one small carrot;
• small onion;
• eight large champignons, fresh;
• potatoes - two large tubers;
• 150 grams of frozen asparagus beans can be canned;
• two bay leaves.
1. Fry on two tablespoons of vegetable oil shredded carrot with chopped onion until half cooked.
2. Add the chopped champignons and fry, stirring occasionally for seven minutes.
3. In boiling purified water (about 2 liters), lower the mushroom zazharku and boil for ten minutes.
4. Add finely grated potatoes and continue to cook the soup until ready. Two minutes before cooking, add asparagus beans, a lot of chopped fresh greens, a small pinch of ground pepper and table salt.
Low-fat soups - recipe for borsch with sorrel and fish
• 100 grams of sea fish fillets;
• small potato;
• 20 grams of carrots;
• small parsley root and celery root to taste;
• bitter onion head;
• 100 grams of a mixture of green sorrel, spinach and lettuce leaves;
• a small piece of butter, 72%, butter (about 30 grams);
• beet small size;
• one whole egg, boiled "hard boiled";
• two yolks;
• 5 grams of granulated sugar;
• table salt, fresh herbs (dill).
Cooking Method: 1. In a deep frying pan, preferably a thick-walled one, fold celery, carrots, beets, parsley root, onions, sliced into thin strips. Add some fish broth, oil, and simmer on low heat for twenty minutes. To evenly stew all the vegetables, occasionally mix them with a spoon.
2. Lettuce leaves, spinach and sorrel take from garbage, rinse with water, washing away the rest of the earth and sand and, having dried well on a linen towel or colander, cut it into small enough straws.
3. Rinse the fish fillets thoroughly in running water and boil. When the water in the saucepan boils, remove the foam from the surface of the broth, lightly salt it with fine salt and, after turning off the heat, boil until cooked.
4. Dip the sliced potatoes into boiling fish stock, cook for ten minutes.
5. Add the chopped leafy greens, boil for another five minutes and add the boiled vegetables. Add sugar, remove the sample and, if necessary, add salt.
6. Bringing to a boil, remove the pan from the heat and add the yolks, whipped with sour cream, into the borscht, stir.
7. In a plate with borsch when serving, put a quarter of boiled eggs and sprinkle abundantly with dill.
Low-fat soups - recipe for buckwheat soup with mushrooms
• 200 grams of frozen sliced champignons;
• full two hundred gram buckwheat;
• 300 grams of potatoes;
• white bitter onion - 1 head;
• small carrot;
• celery root - 1, small;
• two bay leaves, dry;
• peas black pepper - 5-7 pcs.
1. Spoon the croup, transfer it to a colander with small holes, rinse well and place on a towel, or leave it in a colander for some time so that the buckwheat is a little dry.
2. Transfer the dried cereals to the pan and heat it well without oil.
3. Chop the bulbs, the carrots into large strips, and cut the potatoes into medium-sized cubes.
4. On vegetable oil, sauté onions to light transparency, add carrots, coarsely chopped, into strips, like carrot, celery root and parsley, mix well and fry vegetables to the state of semi-cooking.
5. In boiling water (one and a half liters), lower the potatoes chopped into cubes, wait until the water boils again, and add buckwheat. 6. Add the thawed champignons, bring to boiling again and remove the froth, boil the soup for five minutes.
7. Put the roasted vegetables in a saucepan, dip Lavrushka, bell pepper, add salt to taste, bring to a boil, but do not boil and simmer the soup for three minutes.
Low-fat soups - recipe for Finnish fish soup
• 400 grams of cod fillet;
• white bitter onions - 1 big head;
• potatoes - 3 pcs. small size;
• 400 ml of pasteurized milk, non-fat;
• 25 grams of white wheat flour;
• a small pinch of basil;
• third tsp. white pepper powder;
• half a lemon;
• fine salt, to taste;
• a small bunch of curly fresh parsley;
• a pinch of dry basil.
1. Boil one liter of water, add some salt and add a shredded onion and a cut into large cubes potatoes. After boiling, reduce the heat to medium and boil the vegetables under the lid for a quarter of an hour.
2. Clean the fish fillets from the skin, remove the bones, if they are, and cut the meat into small pieces. Put it in the pan to the vegetables.
3. Mix ground allspice with a small pinch of grated lemon zest and a drop of lemon juice, add the mixture to the soup and cook for ten minutes.
4. Stir the flour in the milk with a whisk so that no lumps remain, and pour it into the pan, constantly stirring its contents. Quickly bring to a boil and remove from heat.
5. When serving, sprinkle the soup with basil and chopped fresh parsley.
Low-fat soups - the recipe of lean borsch with champignons
Ingredients for 2 liters of liquid (water or lean chicken broth):
• 200 grams of fresh champignons, can be sliced frozen;
• one beet;
• small carrot;
• medium bulb;
• two cloves of garlic;
• 1.5 table. l tomato paste, or a couple of small ripe tomatoes;
• three potato tubers;
• 150 grams of white cabbage;
• table 9% vinegar - 0.5 tbsp. l .;
• a mixture of dried basil and thyme;
• a small piece of ginger root;
• table salt and granulated sugar to your taste.
Cooking Method: 1. Cut garlic, ginger root and onion thinly into strips and fry in vegetable oil until soft. Add the grated beetroot grated, fry for another two minutes.
2. Pour in the vinegar, add the tomato paste or sliced tomatoes and simmer for twenty minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
3. Put shredded cabbage, mushrooms, cut into small plates, coarsely grated carrots and small-sized potatoes into a pot of boiling water.
4. After a quarter of an hour, set the roast, add a few pinches of the mixture of basil and thyme, mix well, adjust the taste of the borsch with sugar and salt. Boil for 5 minutes and, on shutdown, let it brew for at least half an hour.
Cooking low-fat soups - tricks and helpful tips
• To cook soups in fish broth, it is best to take sea fish, it is not as fat as a large river fish and contains less bones.
• If you do not stick to fasting, but simply decide to cook a low-fat soup, boil it in lean meat broth. For example, veal or chicken breast.
• If you want the dumplings in vegetable tomato soup to be like flakes, you need to add less flour to the eggs, and to get more dense, add flour to bring the dough to a very soft pie.
• It is best to stew beets for lean borscht separately, with the addition of vinegar and vegetable oil, in a small amount of liquid.
• If you add vinegar directly to a borscht, it may turn out to be excessively sour.
• In order to spasse vegetables, Lavrushka and peppercorns do not lose their taste and aroma during long boiling, they are put into soups after cooking.