Borsch is not the only first dish with beets. There is still no less delicious soup that is cold and hot.
Beetroot soup is a very interesting, bright and easy to prepare dish. It will help to diversify the diet without hitting the family wallet, as it consists of the simplest products. Here are the best step by step recipes for hot and cold beetroot.
Beetroot - General Cooking Principles
Hot beetroot cooked on the water or on the broth, for them also make vegetable dressing, as for borscht, but do not add cabbage. The soup is quite different in taste, but very bright and beautiful. Cold beetroot there are two warrants. You can cook a dish on beet broth or kefir. All cold beetroots look like okroshka and they add similar products to them.
What is put in a cold beetroot:
• many different greens;
• vinegar or lemon juice.
Very often radishes are added, different spices are put to improve the taste. Beetroot sold with sour cream, if they are not cooked on kefir. Hot soups can be reheated, kept in the refrigerator for several days. In the old days in Russia, this dish was even frozen. Cold beetroots do not like storage because fresh cucumbers and greens lose their taste, so it is undesirable to prepare for future use.
Classic hot beetroot: step-by-step recipe with pork
In fact, in the step-by-step recipe of beetroot you can replace pork with beef, but the broth will cook a little longer. For the diet option will fit chicken or turkey. For fasting, the soup is cooked simply on water or on mushroom broth, it also turns out delicious.
• 500 grams of pork on the bone;
• 300 g raw beets;
• 20 g of lemon juice;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil;
• 400 g of potatoes;
• 100 g onions;
• 80-100 g carrots; • 70 g of tomato paste;
• three liters of water for broth;
• greens, spices.
1. If pork pulp is used for the beetroot soup, it can be cut into several pieces. Bone lay entirely. Pre-meat washed, no need to dry. Fill with water, put on the stove.
2. When boiling, you need to catch a skimmer with a skimmer. After boiling, reduce the heat and cook the broth for about an hour and a half. Focus on meat. It should be soft. We take it out in a bowl, let it cool.
3. Cut the potatoes into cubes. Throw in the broth. At this stage, add to the pan 0.5 spoons of salt. Cook potatoes almost until tender.
4. Clean the raw beets, grate large or cut into strips.
5. Pour half of the oil into the pan, lay out the beets, fry for a couple of minutes. Then add lemon juice. He will not let lose color, and pour a little broth from the pan. Cover the pan, simmer the beets until soft, it will take about fifteen minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
6. Pour the remaining oil into another pan. But you can take any fat that you like or butter, browning it tastes even better. Put the pan on the fire.
7. Dice the onions, throw in the fry.
8. Peel the carrot, shake and add to the onion. Cook together the usual vegetable dressing.
9. Add tomato paste to onions with carrot. If it is thick, then first diluted with water. Stir, fry for about five minutes, so that the color is bright and saturated.
10. Put the beets in the pan to the potatoes first, let the beetroot soup boil, boil for two minutes.
11. Now add the browned vegetables with tomato. Stir well, after boiling the soup in a saucepan, reduce the heat to minimum.
12. Try beetroot soup, fill with salt, pepper, if necessary, throw other spices. Tomim on a small fire for about ten minutes to taste the products merged.
13. Cut the boiled meat, put it in the pan. But at will it can be added individually to each plate. 14. Cut the greens, throws. Add bay leaf and soup is ready!
15. Hot beetroot served with sour cream, garlic, crackers.
Classic cold beetroot: step-by-step recipe
Very bright, tasty and refreshing summer soup, which can replace the usual okroshka. In the step-by-step recipe of cold beetroot greens are not indicated. Since you can put everything: dill, parsley, cilantro, scallions and even lettuce.
• 0.45 kg beets;
• 0.3 kg cucumbers;
• 0.5 lemon;
• sugar, salt, pepper;
• two bunches of greens;
• 50 g sour cream;
• 4-5 eggs;
• two liters of water;
• mustard optional.
1. Contrary to all the rules, beets are prepared in peeled form. Therefore, thoroughly wash the root, remove the thin skin, put in a saucepan. Fill with cold water. If the time is not very much, then you can cut the beets into several pieces.
2. Put the boil on the stove. Squeeze the juice of half or at least a quarter of a lemon. Cooking until soft beets.
3. Remove the vegetable from the pan, send it to cool.
4. Broth must be drained through a strainer or folded gauze. Measure out one and a half liters and also leave to cool. Then put in the fridge. It is more convenient to cook beets and soup base in the evening, so as not to wait.
5. Pour eggs with cold water, boil for eight minutes after boiling, cool, peel. You can chop them up and add to the total mass, but it is better to use when serving, that is, add each to the plate.
6. Wash cucumbers, cut off the tips and chop straws.
7. Chop all the greens, what is.
8. Chilled beets rubbed or cut into strips.
9. Mix cucumbers and greens, add the prepared beets.
10. Fill vegetables with broth from the fridge, add salt, pepper, stir beetroot until dissolved. For spiciness, you can add a little mustard.
11. We taste it. Beetroot is better when sour. If necessary, add more lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. A wonderful addition would be the leaves of sorrel, which also give acid. 12. Last time stir, put in the fridge for half an hour. Let the soup infuse.
13. Pour into plates, add eggs cut in halves or quarters, fill with sour cream.
Delicious cold beetroot soup: a step-by-step recipe for kefir
Another classic step-by-step recipe for beetroot soup. On kefir soup turns out incredibly tasty, pleasant, resembles okroshka with something. For cooking, you can also use ryazhenka, tasty is obtained from yogurt. In general, any fermented milk drink will fit. Greens are also used any, amiss even sorrel.
• liter of kefir;
• two beets;
• two bunches of greens;
• two cucumbers;
• three eggs;
• 10 radishes (optional);
• Lemon juice or vinegar to taste;
• salt pepper.
Additionally, the beetroot needs 0.5 liters of water. You can take a mineral water with gas or ordinary drinking water. Some housewives prefer to cook on airan, then add nothing, just use more by half a liter.
1. Brush wash the beets, put in a saucepan, add water, set to boil. The skin does not need to be removed, it will retain the brightness of the root.
2. Pour boiled beets with cold water, let them cool. In general, you can boil the root of 30-40 minutes, then put under a stream of cold water, and it will reach full readiness.
3. Eggs, too, boil until cooked hard-boiled and pour cold water, they must cool down completely.
4. We wash cucumbers, cut them into small straws or thin slices, throw them into the saucepan.
5. Optionally, you can add a little radish to the beetroot. We wash, cut into thin slices, cutting off the tips and tails. Pour the vegetable to the rest of the ingredients.
6. Clean the boiled beets. We cut in the same way as cucumbers or rubbed with large straws. You can use a curly grater, the soup will turn out even more beautiful.
7. Greens to sort, wash, chop with a knife. Add to total weight. Stir the products together.
8. Peel the eggs. In this recipe, it is better to add them immediately to the total mass, as in okroshka. Therefore, cut into small cubes, pour. 9. Mix the dry ingredients together.
10. Pour the kefir from the pack into a convenient dish, add salt, pepper, stir well. If you immediately add everything to the pan with dry ingredients, then the eggs will be torn from the long stirring.
11. Pour the kefir with spices to the remaining ingredients.
12. Add plain or mineral water. Stir.
13. To taste, fill beetroot with lemon juice or vinegar. If kefir is sour, then it is not necessary.
14. Spill the soup in plates, serve beetroot immediately or insist an hour in the refrigerator.
Beetroot soup - useful tips and tricks
• If green onions are added to a cold beetroot, it is better to cut it, pour it into a separate bowl, salt it and mash it with your hands. The product will release juices, give the dish a very pleasant aroma.
• Cold beetroot does not necessarily spread all at once. It is wiser to store food without liquid, they will stand perfectly in the refrigerator for two days. If necessary, you will only need to dilute the soup.
• No lemon juice? When cooking beets or stewing, you can add any vinegar or grains of dry citric acid. They will also help preserve the color of the root.
• For cold beetroot, you can add potatoes, sausage or other meat products for satiety. For example, it is tasty with boiled chicken.
• No desire to boil the beets? You can use fresh root vegetables for cold soups, but you need to rub it finely or chop it with a blender. This dish will be even more useful.