Layered dough, for all the complexity of its manufacture without the appropriate equipment, rightfully occupies the first places in the “Table of grades” of children's preferences,
Yes, to be honest, many adults are happy to crunch with ruddy pastries.
Slightly salty puff pastry contrasts well, adding flavor to sweet fillings.
And among them in the first place fruit puffs are deservedly located.
Puff pastry with puff pastry apples - general principles of cooking
• For baking puff pastry with apples from puff pastry, both yeast and yeast-free dough are suitable. Any of these species can be prepared by yourself or buy frozen.
• In the above recipes there is a description of not only a quick and simple method of making yeast-free puff pastry on beer, on margarine with sour cream, but also on a more complex one.
• Purchased frozen semi-finished product before cutting should be properly thawed, so that it was easy to work with it, and it did not break when forming products.
• The dough is thawed right in the package, laying out of the refrigerator chamber on the table. You can not defrost the dough in the microwave, or by lowering the packaging in water, it will kill all its properties.
• Cooked on their own or already thawed puff pastry roll out thin thick rectangular layer. The thickness of the layer usually does not exceed 0.8 cm, for some products it is rolled out thinner.
• Apples for puffs are peeled, the seeds are removed from them, cutting out the middle part, cut into plates, slices or slices. Bake in puff pastry and whole apples.
“Apple envelopes” - puffs with apples from yeast puff pastry
• half a kilo of a yeast-based puff;
• one egg;
• granulated sugar;
• 300 grams of sweet autumn apples.
Cooking Method: 1. Shredded yeast dough form into squares measuring 5x5 cm, lightly sprinkle with flour and thinly roll.
2. Separate the yolk from the whites and whisk the whites well with a whisk into a thick foam.
3. Well lubricate the surface of each square with protein foam. Top, center, place the apples, cut into small slices, and sprinkle them with sugar. Do not add a lot of sugar, otherwise extra juice will stand out, puffs will burn and stick to the baking sheet.
4. Fold the squares with apples triangle and tweak, pressing the edges tightly with your fingers.
5. Transfer the “envelopes” to the roaster greased with vegetable fat and leave for a quarter of an hour for the distance.
6. Smear each triangle with a whipped yolk and put the pastry in the oven.
7. Bake, depending on the capacity, 12-15 minutes.
“Puffy tongues with apples” - puffs with apples from puff pastry of simple preparation
• Stolichny margarine - 200 grams;
• egg yolk;
• 100 ml low-fat sour cream;
• a pound of white baking flour;
• fine salt - a small pinch;
1. Cut off the peel of apples, if it is not very thick, you can leave it. Cut each apple length along into two parts, remove the middle part and cut further with thin plastics.
2. Mix the sifted flour with salt, put to it sliced, slightly softened margarine. Very quickly, grind everything into fine chips, add sour cream mixed with yolk and quickly knead the dough. Move it into a bag and put it in a refrigerator for several hours.
3. Divide the cold dough into pieces, leave one and put the rest back in the fridge.
4. Roll out the dough in a layer, about 0.8 cm thick, and cut it into rectangles of the desired size.
5. Lubricate each such rectangle with whipped protein, and on the surface of the dough overlaid lay apple slices with a path.
6. Put the puffs on a lightly sprinkled baking tray, brush with a loose yolk on top and set to bake. 7. After a quarter of an hour, the puffs with apples will be ready.
“Chocolate apples with plums and nuts in dough” - puffs with apples from puff pastry on beer
• 200 filtered light beers;
• 250 g of “Puff” margarine, “For baking” or the like;
• three glasses of white flour;
• salt - 0.5 tsp.
In the filling:
• 250 grams of apples, sweet varieties;
• 300 grams of pitted plums, can be frozen;
• 75 grams of sugar;
• potato starch - 2 tbsp. l .;
• cocoa - 0, 5 st. l .;
• 40 grams of sweet cream butter;
• dried walnut kernels - a full 200 gram glass.
1. Grate a well-frozen margarine into the flour on a large grater, pour in a cold beer, add salt and knead a uniform elastic dough. Divide it into parts and, putting each in a separate package, clean in the cold for an hour and a half.
2. Slice the plums into medium-sized slices and peeled apples and peels. Crush the nuts slightly with a rolling pin, you can use a mortar, and mix them with potato starch and cocoa powder. Pour the melted butter into the peanut mixture, add the chopped apples with plums and stir until smooth.
3. Remove from the refrigerator a piece of chilled dough, roll it into a layer, which is cut into 10x10 cm squares.
4. Place in the center of each three teaspoons of prepared filling, fasten the opposite corners, forming nodules, and place the product on a baking sheet.
5. Bake until tender golden color.
“Apple Boats” - puff pastry with apples from puff pastry
• packaging purchased puff pastry, yeast-free;
• almond cookies - 10 pcs .;
• three small apples;
• 100 grams of cheese;
• sugar and cinnamon.
• tablespoon of milk;
• pinch of sugar;
• lemon juice.
Cooking Method: 1. Cut the apples out of the skin, remove the middle and sprinkle lemon juice on all sides so that they do not darken. Fan each half.
2. Prepare an apple pattern from paper and cut a blank from the thawed dough.
3. From the remaining scraps form on the blanks double sides. To make the dough stick well, grease the edges of the sides and blanks with water.
4. Put the cookies in the bag and roll them with a rolling pin so that it turns into a crumb.
5. Spread the crumbs with the resulting pieces inside and place small pieces of cheese on top of them. Put an apple on the cheese with the rounded side up and sprinkle it with a mixture of cinnamon and granulated sugar.
6. Brush apples with milk and sugar yolks. Bake for 20 minutes.
“Tea Rose” - puffs with apples from puff pastry home
• kilogram of wheat flour;
• a glass of ice-cold boiled water (250 ml);
• creamy 72% fat butter - 500 grams;
• 10 gr. evaporated salt;
• 800 grams of apples;
• A mixture of ground cinnamon and a quarter cup of sugar.
1. Combine sifted flour with fine food salt, add two tables. spoons softened, not melted, butter and knead not too tight dough, gradually adding ice water while kneading.
2. Forming the dough into a lump, knead it again and roll out on a flour-powdered table, a rectangle that is one and a half centimeters thick.
3. Cut the cold butter into small, thin rectangles up to 0.5 cm in height and place in the center of the rolled dough with a square, and wrap its edges with an envelope. Remove the dough, covered with a linen towel for twenty minutes in the cold.
4. Roll out the cold dough with a rolling pin, “away from you,” with a long rectangle. Try to make it so that the dough does not break and the butter does not come up. Wrap the edges to the middle without overlapping them, and again roll out the resulting square in the same way and also fold. Put the dough back into the cold again. This procedure with the test must be done at least three times. 5. After the last repetition, roll out the dough in a large, even layer (up to 0.5 cm) and cut it into 3x15 cm strips.
6. Closer to the middle of each strip, lay a row of sliced, thin, almost transparent plates, apples. The rounded part of the plates should protrude slightly beyond the edge of the strip. Sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top of the apples.
7. Roll up the strips with rolls, form roses from them and fix them by piercing through with a wooden toothpick.
8. Bake such rosettes, until golden, putting in a preheated oven.
“Vanilla slice” - puffs with apples from puff pastry
• small Sprite tin can;
• two packages of yeast puff pastry;
• two small apples;
• 200 grams of granulated sugar;
• butter - 300 grams;
• ground cinnamon, vanillin.
1. An hour before cooking, place the cake mix on the defrosting table.
2. When it thaws, it will become soft, slightly roll out, try to get a layer of rectangular shape.
3. Cut it into small 5x10 cm rectangles and cut each diagonally.
4. On the wide side of the triangle that came out when cutting dough, place a small slice of an apple without the peel, and roll it up into a roll. Put it on a baking tray with small sides.
5. In melted butter, dissolve the sugar mixed with vanilla and pour this mixture of puff.
6. Pour sprite on top and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Bake for half an hour.
“Golden Paradise Apple” - puffs with apples from puff pastry dough
• puff pastry, not yeast - 1 kg;
• 600 grams of apples;
• liquid honey;
• egg - 1 pc .;
1. Roll out the dough to a thickness of half a centimeter and cut the layer into fairly large, symmetrical rectangles - squares, rhombuses. Calculate their size so that you can wrap the prepared apple whole. 2. In the peeled apple, cut off the lower part so that it can be put, and cut out the middle part of the tail with a cone, not very wide.
3. Spread each side of the squares with protein at the edges, and place an apple in the middle.
4. Place a little less than half a teaspoon of honey in the middle of each fruit, sprinkle the apple with cinnamon on top and, putting the corners of the dough together, hold them together, lightly pinching them with your fingers.
5. Spread the puffs on a baking sheet, brush with yolk and bake. Baking time 20 min.
Puff pastry with puff pastry apples - tricks and tips
• For self-preparation of good puff pastry, use only natural fats with the highest percentage of fat.
• If the butter itself is salty, reduce the amount of salt added to the dough.
• To make the dough more elastic, add some citric acid to the water.
• Fat and sour cream for mixing puff pastry must be cold, and the added liquid must be ice-cold, but without ice.
• Do not sprinkle apples with sugar in large quantities, there will be a lot of juice. The product does not rise well and becomes damp inside.
• To better bond the dough to each other, grease the surface with whipped foam.
• If a product baked from a puff pastry is smeared with a thin layer of whipped yolk, it will turn a golden color.