Beetroot soup is a cold soup, a close relative of such a national Russian dish as okroshka.
The Russian cuisine alone was not enough.
Beet cold soups are cooked in the Baltic States, Scandinavia and comparatively more southern Hungary.
But to fill it with kefir is mainly a domestic invention.
Beetroot on kefir made from fresh vegetables - a great dish for cleaning the intestines.
In general, the diversity of these soups is presented in various diets for weight loss. But you can cook and very high-calorie dish, you need only to choose kefir fatter and add boiled veal. However, as in the case of okroshka, high-quality cooked sausage without salted pork is also suitable.
Beetroot on kefir - general principles of cooking
• Beetroot on kefir is prepared from both boiled and raw beets. The most useful soups are cooked from baked or raw root vegetables.
• Beetroot take both young and last year. Young often used with tops.
• Beetroots do not cook only from one beet. Veste with her and put other vegetables - potatoes, carrots, which are pre-boiled or baked, and then well cooled. To add freshness, cucumbers or radishes are often added to beetroots. Often boiled eggs are added to the soup, which are finely chopped, rubbed on a grater or hands.
• The richer flavor of this soup is given by the greens - dill, lettuce, green onions or basil. Although there are no clear requirements and it can be chosen to taste.
• Vegetables are put in a chopped form, cut into small pieces or rubbed on a grater. Some types of soup involve the grinding of the main components or parts of them with a kitchen processor (blender).
• Kefir is poured into already chopped and mixed vegetables or in a well-cooled broth, which was mixed with soup. Usually they are bred cooked beetroot, achieving the desired consistency. • The percentage of fat in this product does not really matter, as long as it is fresh. But It is worth noting that the higher the fat content of kefir, the thicker the dish will turn out. If you use fatty kefir, then sometimes it's worth acidifying the soup with lemon juice, or citric acid.
• Beetroot taste is controlled by adding salt, sugar and citric acid. For spiciness, you can put brewed mustard, finely ground pepper or rub the horseradish root.
Beetroot on boiled beetroot kefir with radish
• large beets - 1 root crop;
• one small fresh cucumber;
• radish - 5 pcs .;
• half a liter of 1% kefir;
• boiled chicken egg;
• a small bunch of lettuce leaves;
• dill greens.
1. Wash the beetroot well under the tap, cover with water and boil until tender. Cool it under running cold water and peel it.
2. Cut the root vegetable in half. Cut one part into large cubes and the other into small pieces.
3. Put the small cubes into separate dishes. Add to them finely chopped cucumber and thin radish straw.
4. Cut the lettuce leaves into small strips and chop the dill finely. Put the whole chopped salad and half of the dill in a bowl of vegetables and mix well.
5. Mix large pieces of beet with the remaining dill and salt. Pour well-cooled kefir and smash with a blender.
6. Pour beet-kefir mixture into portion plates. Add chopped vegetables, and place half of the eggs on top.
Beetroot on kefir, in Lithuanian
• two fresh small cucumbers;
• three young beets (with tops);
• several stems of young green onions;
• 200 grams of 20% sour cream;
• four chicken eggs;
• one cup (200 ml) of 3.2% kefir;
• Fresh basil and dill.
1. Rinse the beets under running water. Without cutting the tops, put the roots in the pot, pour in a liter of drinking water and boil until done. Remove the brownies, cool and peel off the knife with a knife. Remove the tops, but do not discard them. 2. Pour eggs with salted water and boil. After waiting for boiling, reduce the heat and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Then drain the water and place the eggs in a bowl of cold water. Peel the shell.
3. Cut the beets and cucumbers into strips and the tops in small strips. Add the chopped greens and pour all the cooled beet broth.
4. Spread the yolks in your soup with your fingers and mix well. Pour in a glass of kefir, salt to taste and mix again.
5. Cut the proteins into small slices and arrange in portions. Add to each one and a half spoonful of sour cream and pour beetroot.
Fragrant beetroot on kefir
• two boiled beets;
• boiled hard-boiled eggs - 4 pcs .;
• half a small lemon;
• Fresh cucumbers - 2 pcs .;
• a bunch of feathers of young onions;
• 4 sprigs of fresh dill;
• 700 ml of nonfat kefir.
1. Slice onion greens into thin rings. Mix it with finely chopped dill. Salt, pepper and slightly crush the greens with tolkushkoy.
2. Add the grated cucumbers and beetroot eggs, grated on a medium grater. Peel off the vegetables before chopping.
3. Sprinkle with lemon, freshly squeezed juice, season with kefir and mix well. Add salt if necessary.
4. You can fill with kefir all vegetables at once or in portions. Adjust the density of beetroot kefir.
“Dietary beetroot” on fresh beet kefir
• one liter of 2.5% fresh kefir;
• 350 grams of ground cucumbers;
• 5-6 feathers of young onions;
• three sprigs of fresh dill;
• fresh young beets - 350 gr .;
• two small slices of young garlic.
1. With fresh cucumbers, cut off the peel and rub them with a large grater, and peeled young beets - with small.
2. In a large container (pan) combine chopped vegetables and fill them with kefir. Add chopped green onions, finely chopped garlic and chopped dill. 3. Salt the soup, remove the sample, stir well and put in half an hour in the cold.
Beetroot on kefir and broth
• potatoes - 10 tubers;
• a dozen eggs;
• a pound of fresh cucumbers;
• three small beets;
• green onions and dill to taste;
• teaspoon lemon;
• half a liter of kefir.
1. Fill well-cleaned beets with three liters of water and cook until ready. So that the broth had a slightly sour taste, and the beets restored their former color - at the end of cooking, put citric acid in the broth.
2. Rinse the potatoes well with dirt and boil “in uniforms”. Boil the eggs "hard boiled." Cool everything well.
3. Largely rub the chilled boiled beetroot on a grater, cut cucumbers and eggs into small cubes.
4. In a large saucepan, mix all the crushed ingredients and cover with a small amount of beetroot. Salt to taste, add chopped onion with dill and dilute the soup with kefir.
5. Thick beetroot can be diluted by pouring more broth or kefir into it. If the soup is too bland, acidify it with citric acid.
Meat beetroot on kefir with mineral water
• five eggs;
• 350 gr. boiled meat (beef);
• potato - 4 medium tubers;
• beets - 3-4 pcs .;
• lemon acid;
• two small carrots;
• three large cucumbers;
• 1 bundle of young onions and fresh dill;
• liter 3.2% kefir;
• 1 liter of highly carbonated table mineral water;
1. De-peel the potatoes, beets and carrots and boil until cooked in separate saucepans. Potatoes and carrots can be cooked in one. Cook hard boiled eggs.
2. Beef pulp well wash, cut off the rough film, excess fat and also boil until done. Be sure to salt the broth after boiling, otherwise the meat will be bland and the beetroot soup will lose its taste.
3. Wash the green onions in advance and pat dry well by spreading it on a towel. 4. Chop the onion feathers with a knife and transfer the pieces into a large bowl or pan. Salt and mash with crush until juice appears.
5. Cut the cooled potatoes into large cubes and send to the onion.
6. Add the finely chopped eggs, small pieces of meat and diced carrots. Pour the chopped dill and small slices of fresh cucumbers.
7. Lastly, place the small beet stones and lightly sprinkle it with granulated sugar.
8. Enter cold kefir and mix thoroughly all crushed ingredients. Dilute beetroot with cold carbonated mineral water to the desired density. To taste, add lemon and fine salt.
9. Before serving, cool the soup well in the refrigerator. For decoration in each plate on top you can put half of the “cool” eggs.
“Cold beetroot soup” - beetroot soup on kefir from baked vegetables
• two glasses of non-fat kefir;
• three large garlic cloves;
• leek - 1 pc .;
• two large potatoes;
• four buriak;
• 20% sour cream for serving;
• lean non-aromatic oil.
1. Rinse the beets and potatoes thoroughly with mud. From the beetroot, cut off the remains of the tops and long tails. Dry each vegetable with a towel and wrap tightly with foil. Unpeeled garlic is also carefully wrapped in foil.
2. Warm up the oven to at least 230 degrees and place a baking sheet with foil-wrapped vegetables in it. Bake for 40 minutes.
3. Cut the leek thinly into half-rings and fry on minimal heat in vegetable oil until the pieces are as soft as possible.
4. Remove the foil from the prepared vegetables and cool well. With the garlic, remove the peel, and the beetroot potatoes cut into large pieces. Add roasted leek and a glass of water (boiled and cooled).
5. Kill all kitchen processor (blender) in mashed potatoes and dissolve kefir. You can add more cooled water. 6. Finish the beetroot soup well with ground pepper, salt to taste, and when served in each portion, sprinkle with a spoon of sour cream.
7. You can fill the soup with chopped greens, add chopped cucumbers or eggs.
Beetroot on kefir - cooking tricks and useful tips
• When choosing beetroot, preference should be given to root crops of small size, rich color, and in the form of a turnip. A large vegetable is usually not sweet enough.
• The taste of beetroot will become richer and significantly improved if the roots are covered with sugar.
• If you do not like the specific flavor of boiled beets - add to the water when cooking the crust of rye bread, it will disappear.
• Do not boil potatoes with carrots in the same container. Vegetables boil unevenly and lose their flavor.
• Citric acid added during cooking to restore the color of the beets, degrades the taste of the root. Replace it with lemon juice.
• Beetroot on kefir is very tasty if diluted with beet kvass. In this case, the beetroot soup is best baked in the oven. She not only does not lose in taste, but does not change color.
• In a strong heat put some ice cubes in the plate, it will cool faster. And if you add lemon, this soup is also good to quench your thirst.