Aromatic, crumbly potato with ribs is a popular and favorite dish.
It is equally good, both in the daily menu, and at ceremonial events.
The unique recipes of the dish will please both the sophisticated cookery and the novice who is just starting out.
Stewed potatoes with ribs - general principles of cooking
The main ingredients of the dish are potatoes and ribs.
Use both early grades of potatoes, and late. Young potatoes are best spread over ribs, so it does not boil soft, it will turn out tasty and crumbly. But the more mature fruits are left under the ribs - the potatoes will be soaked with meat fat and juice, it will become soft and juicy. Potatoes are peeled and cut into large slices, so that during stewing the vegetable is not digested and turned into mashed potatoes.
The ribs for the dish are mostly pork, they are cooked quickly, they are soft and juicy. It is permissible to use mutton and beef ribs. The ribs are carefully washed, if necessary, cut off the film, and cut along the bones. There are also recipes where the ribs are not separated, but are stewed whole, but then they need to be slightly separated from each other and put additional ingredients between them for juiciness.
If desired, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplants, cabbage and other products are added to the dish. As a dressing, tomato paste and sour cream are often used. Greens, spices and herbs will give the stewed potato with ribs a special aroma and unique taste.
1. Stewed potatoes with ribs
• kilogram of pork ribs;
• kilogram of potatoes;
• 60-80 g tomato paste;
• two carrots;
• 5-7 sprigs of dill and parsley;
• salt to taste, black pepper;
• two cloves of garlic;
• onion. Preparation:
1. Carefully wash the ribs, divide them into pieces. We spread in a deep frying pan and fry on all sides until a pleasant golden blush (if the ribs are not very fat, you can add a spoonful of sunflower oil).
2. Clean and finely chop the onion, clean the carrots and rub them into large chips, lay out both ingredients to the ribs.
3. As soon as the onion acquires a light blush, add salt and pepper, pour in boiled water and, with the lid on the pan, simmer until the ribs are ready.
4. Put the potatoes, cut into large slices, pour in a little more water, simmer until half cooked.
5. Add tomato paste, chopped garlic and finely chopped greens.
6. Make the dish ready.
2. Stewed potatoes with ribs in sour cream
• 650 g ribs;
• 800 g of potatoes;
• 200 g sour cream;
• dried basil, laurel;
• salt and ground pepper;
• 30 g of mustard.
1. Peel the vegetables, wash the meat.
2. Cut carrots with the finest straws, onion into small cubes, potatoes in medium-sized wedges.
3. The ribs are separated by bone.
4. Fry in a hot deep frying pan or in a skillet, first within a couple of minutes of the ribs, as soon as the fat is melted, add onions and carrots.
5. Fry all ingredients for ten minutes, stirring constantly, until a light blush.
6. Pour in sour cream, add spices, salt and bay leaf, simmer for five minutes.
7. Put the potatoes, pour in a glass of boiled water. After boiling, reduce the heat, simmer until ribs and potatoes are fully cooked.
8. Sprinkle the finished dish with dried basil, before serving, insist for some time in a closed saucepan.
3. Stewed potatoes with smoked ribs
• 600 g smoked pork ribs;
• two bulbs; • eight potatoes;
• to taste spices, salt, garlic, herbs, dry herbs.
1. Peel potatoes and cut into large cubes, leave for 20 minutes in cold water to save the vegetable from excess starch.
2. Chop onions and carrots and fry on fat cut from ribs.
3. The ribs themselves are cut along the bones, then each piece is cut into two or three parts, depending on the size of the ribs.
4. Put the meat to the passaged.
5. Pour in a glass of cold water, cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes, bring the dish to readiness.
7. Add salt, herbs, spices and herbs to taste.
8. We insist 5 minutes so that the ingredients are saturated with the aromas of herbs.
4. Stewed potatoes with ribs and mushrooms
• a pound of calf ribs;
• 300 g marinated mushrooms;
• a pound of potatoes;
• one onion and carrot;
• salt, spices.
1. Wash ribs, dry with a towel and cut along the bones.
2. Fry the ribs with finely chopped onions and carrots, adding a slice of butter.
3. We shift the prepared ingredients into the saucepan, add the potatoes cut into medium pieces and pickled mushrooms.
4. Pour one and a half cups of boiled water, add salt and spices.
5. Stew potatoes with ribs until potatoes are fully cooked.
5. Stewed potatoes with ribs and cabbage
• 700 g ribs;
• three potatoes;
• large carrots;
• a small head of young cabbage;
• salt, spices, sunflower oil.
1. Pork ribs are washed, dried and cut into medium-sized pieces.
2. Cut onion into half rings, carrot three on a large segment of the grater.
3. Heat the sunflower oil, fry the ribs first, and then lay the onions and carrots, fry until the vegetables are ready. 4. Shift the ingredients into a deep saucepan, pour in a third of a glass of water, bring to a boil. Add salt and spices.
5. Putting sliced potatoes and shredded cabbage.
6. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients of the dish, simmer for twenty minutes.
6. Stewed potatoes with ribs and tomatoes
• pork brisket (for 8-12 ribs);
• three fleshy tomatoes;
• five medium potatoes;
• spices, salt, herbs.
1. Rinse the pork belly and chop on the side of the bulging ribs, while not violating the integrity of the piece. Rub pork with spices, salt and herbs.
2. Tomatoes are washed, dried and cut into semicircles. We spread the slices in the cuts of the breast. Pack a piece of pork in a bag, leave to marinate at room temperature for two hours.
3. Peel the potatoes, cut each tuber into two or four parts, depending on the size of the potatoes.
4. Put the pork on a baking sheet, put potatoes on the edges.
5. Stew, covered with foil, first at 200 degrees 20 minutes, then reduce the gas to 170 degrees and cook another 1 hour.
7. Stewed potatoes with ribs, eggplants and sweet pepper
• 1.2 kg pork ribs;
• two eggplants;
• Bell pepper;
• three potatoes;
• 30 g grated ginger;
• two cloves of garlic;
• 100 ml of soy sauce;
• 100 ml of vegetable oil;
• 30 g of starch;
• tablespoon of salt;
• 80 ml of white wine;
• 30 g of tomato paste.
1. Wash ribs and cut them into small pieces.
2. Pour half of the soy sauce into the bowl, pour the salt, sugar and pepper to taste, mix. Add starch, mix again. Put ribs in marinade, leave for 30 minutes.
3. Wash vegetables and cut them: diced potatoes, eggplant slices, sweet pepper, large straw, quarter onion rings. Garlic chopped. 4. Heat two teaspoons of butter in a deep cauldron, spread the prepared ribs, fry it from all sides until golden brown. Putting it on a plate.
5. In the same oil, fry the potatoes until half ready, also remove them into a separate plate.
6. We act with eggplants in a similar way: fry, remove.
7. Lastly put onion, garlic and grated ginger in butter in a stewpan, grill all the ingredients.
8. Add tomato paste, remaining soy sauce, oil residue, half a glass of water. Tomim until thick.
9. As soon as the passivation is thickened, put ribs, potatoes and eggplants with pepper in a saucepan.
10. Stir, pour in wine, simmer for five to seven minutes.
8. Stewed potatoes with ribs in pots
• 350 g pork ribs;
• 700 g of potatoes;
• medium bow;
• sour cream;
• salt, pepper, greens.
1. Cut ribs, fry to a pleasant blush in a hot frying pan for five minutes.
2. Remove the meat in a plate.
3. In the same pan, fry the onion rings and carrot straws separately from each other.
4. Put the ribs in the clay pot first, then the onion, potatoes, carrots, add some salt to each layer of salt.
5. Fill the ingredients with boiled water, mixing it with the rest of the roasting fat, a pinch of salt, black pepper and sour cream.
6. Top lay the leaves of greens.
7. Stew an hour at 180 degrees, served hot directly in the pots.
8. If desired, potatoes with ribs can be sprinkled with grated cheese, then 10-15 minutes before being ready, you will need to remove the pots, sprinkle the ingredients on top with cheese and bring the dish to readiness without covering the lid.
Stewed potatoes with ribs - tips, tricks
• Before cooking, be sure to wash the ribs, removing possible chipped bones, cutting out the film and tendons. • Pre-marinated ribs are juicier, tastier and more tender. You can use not only the above-listed fillings, but also, for example, sour cream, lemon juice with onions, mayonnaise and others suitable for marinade meat.
• Cut the potatoes better in large or medium slices, too small slices will fall apart and spoil the look of the finished dish.
• If at the end of cooking you add herbs, herbs and spices, then after removing the pan from the heat, stand the dish before serving under the closed lid for five to ten minutes, so all the ingredients are saturated with the aroma of spices.
• To get a richer flavor and aroma, you can use broth instead of water.
• Vegetable broiling with tomato paste or tomatoes will give the dish a fragrant, bright notes, making the taste of the dish more interesting.
• If you do not even use spices in cooking, then do not neglect these two indispensable condiments for potato stew with ribs: laurel leaves and ground black pepper.
• If the meat sticks to the bottom of the pan when pre-frying the ribs, add only boiled water.
• The finished dish fits perfectly with greens, sprinkle potatoes on it before serving, or serve in a separate plate so that everyone can impose the desired amount.
• Fresh or pickled vegetables, fresh white bread and sour cream are served to the finished dish.