Stuffed cabbage - an elegant dish of the most simple products. Traditionally, it is stewed in a sauce on the stove, but this is not necessary! Stuffed cabbage rolls in the oven turn out to be delicious, besides, they do not require much attention.
Cabbage rolls in the oven - the general principles of cooking
The stuffing for traditional stuffed cabbage is prepared from rice and ground beef, various vegetables, spices, mushrooms, eggs can be added to them. Next, the stuffing is wrapped in steamed cabbage leaves. Below is described in detail the process of their preparation. Usually, cabbage rolls are shaped like closed envelopes. If the dish is cooked in a lazy way, then minced cabbage is simply added to the mince.
For roasting in the oven, the shaped items need to be shifted to a high shape. If the sides are low, then during boiling the liquid can spill out. Stuffed cabbage rolls are usually sour cream, tomato sauce, sometimes they are mixed. Cooking time depends on the filling used and the size, on average, it ranges from 40 minutes to an hour.
Cabbage rolls in the oven (in tomato)
A popular recipe for cabbage rolls in the oven. The sauce for it is prepared from twisted tomatoes, you can use fresh tomatoes or the same amount of chopped mashed potatoes. If the mass is boiled, then it is necessary to dilute it with water.
• head of cabbage;
• 0.5 cups dry rice;
• 600 g ground beef;
• onion head, oil and some spices.
For the sauce:
• 500 grams of tomatoes;
• 200 ml of water;
• 1 carrot;
• 20 g plums. or grows oils;
• 1 onion;
• sugar, salt, pepper.
1. Put the saucepan on the stove with 700 ml of water, let it boil, run the washed raw rice, boil for about ten minutes. Pour into a colander, leave to drain water.
2. Take the cabbage. We remove from the head of the upper leaflets. We take a sharp knife, cut a stalk or just make deep cuts around it. In the first case, the cabbage will cook faster. 3. We drop the head in the pot with boiling water, stalk down. Water should completely cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Gently turn over, cook another two minutes.
4. We take out the heading out. Carefully remove the leaves. If suddenly they remain solid inside, do not want to be removed, then you can re-lower the cabbage into boiling water.
5. At the base of each sheet, we make cuts, remove the thick core, which will interfere with folding.
6. Mix the minced meat with chopped onions and boiled rice, season with spices.
7. Put a tablespoon with a hill of filling on the cabbage leaf, roll the stuffed cabbage envelope.
8. Fry the onions and carrots in a skillet, pour in grated tomatoes, stew a couple of minutes, throw salt, a teaspoon of sugar, add water, boil for a minute more.
9. Put the third part of the sauce on the bottom of the form.
10. Put folded cabbage on top, put the seam down. Fill the remaining sauce. Cover the form with foil.
11. Bake the cabbage 45-50 minutes at 200 degrees. Then open it, if desired, cook another 5-10 minutes so that the top is slightly roasted, the tomato becomes darker, brighter.
Cabbage rolls in the oven in Ukrainian (in sour cream sauce)
The recipe is very delicate cabbage rolls in the oven, for which it is important to use good sour cream.
• 0.7 kg of any stuffing;
• 100 g dry rice;
• four onions;
• 0.4 kg sour cream;
• head of cabbage;
• glass of water;
• fresh dill, spices, oil (any).
1. Cabbage will be cooked in a microwave. Very convenient and easy way. Also cut around the stalk or cut it immediately. Put the bowl for the microwave, cook for 5-7 minutes. You can put in the package, too, everything will turn out. We take out, remove the leaves, remove all unnecessary.
2. Cook the rice until soft, drain the water.
3. Cut the two onion heads into small cubes, skip a couple of minutes in the oil. Combine with rice and minced meat, add salt and pepper, mix the filling.
4. We form cabbage rolls from cabbage leaves.
5. Cut the remaining onions. Fry the vegetable in a skillet, add sour cream to it, bring to a boil, pour in water, season the sauce with spices and chopped dill. 6. Fill the stuffed cabbage rolls in the greased form with the prepared sauce.
7. We send to bake the dish in the oven for 60-70 minutes, the temperature is 180. If desired, you can sprinkle the dish with grated cheese at the end.
Lazy cabbage rolls in the oven with garlic sauce
The formation of ordinary stuffed cabbage is a long, painstaking process that requires certain skills and time. But all this can be simplified if there is a recipe for a fake dish, that is, lazy.
• 0.7 kg minced meat;
• 150 g of boiled rice;
• 1 tbsp. l tomato paste;
• 250 ml of sour cream;
• 3-4 cloves of garlic;
• 400 g cabbage;
• a raw egg;
• some oil;
• 1 tsp. flour.
1. Cabbage should be chopped into small straws or cut into small cubes. Throw in a colander, put in boiling water for a minute. Remove, let the water drain, let the vegetable cool.
2. Fry the onion, combine with boiled rice and minced meat, add one fresh egg, which will hold together the mass, pepper, throw the chopped clove of garlic, salt. Stir.
3. Heat some oil, put chopped garlic, fry until light golden. Pour the flour, quickly stir, spread the sour cream, warm up.
4. Tomato is diluted in a glass of water, add to sour cream. Cooking sauce until boiling. Remove from heat.
5. We make balls or oblong cutlets from minced meat with cabbage. We shift in the greased deep form.
6. Pour the sauce, prepare the dish for forty minutes in the oven. We set the temperature to about 190 degrees.
Vegetable stuffed cabbage in the oven
The recipe for vegetarian cabbage rolls, which are perfect for fasting, diet, fasting day. The sauce is based on twisted tomatoes, you can use tomato juice. If you cook vegetables in a non-stick frying pan, the amount of oil can be reduced.
• 2 carrots;
• 1 head of cabbage;
• 1 pepper;
• 2 onions;
• 700 ml twisted tomatoes;
• 1 tbsp. dry rice;
• 1 eggplant;
• spices, oil.
1. We process cabbage, we prepare sheets for cabbage rolls, the detailed process is described above. 2. Cut the onion into small cubes, rub the carrots. Put all this on the pan, add a little oil, fry until the onion is transparent. Divide the mass in half.
3. In one part, add the eggplants cut into small cubes, continue to fry. It will be filling. Put in a couple of minutes chopped pepper, 2-3 tablespoons of grated tomatoes, stew for a minute, throw spices, if desired, you can add one clove of garlic, it goes well with eggplants.
4. In the second part, pour out the tomato juice or twisted tomatoes, also salt a little, boil.
5. Rice just boil it in the filling will be quite a lot. Pour water, mix with vegetables.
6. Form the stuffed cabbage stuffed with vegetables, shift to the form.
7. Fill with tomato sauce. From above we stretch a piece of foil, one layer is enough.
8. We bake 30-35 minutes, serve to the table.
Cabbage rolls in the oven on a vegetable cushion
The advantage of these cabbage rolls is the ease of making the sauce. It does not need to be done separately, the whole dish fits into shape, baked in the oven.
• head of cabbage;
• 0.6 kg of any mixed stuffing;
• 2 tomatoes (large, ripe);
• 3 onions;
• 2 peppers;
• 1 large carrot;
• 200 ml sour cream 20% fat;
• 20 ml of oil;
• 200 g boiled rice.
1. Prepare cabbage leaves in any of the ways.
2. Mix chopped onion with minced meat, rice, season with spices. Minimize traditional cabbage rolls. You can use frozen semi-finished home or industrial production.
3. Chop carrots into strips, cut onion, sweet pepper into about the same pieces, mash vegetables with your hands. Tomatoes cut into small cubes. If the skin is confused or thick, you can remove it.
4. Pour into a form of butter, distribute, put onions with carrots, then sprinkle with half the tomatoes.
5. Top stuffed cabbage rolls, distribute the remaining pieces of tomatoes between them.
6. Pour 150 ml of water into sour cream, put spices. You can also add greens, a clove of garlic, a spoon of adzhika. In general, prepare the sauce to your liking. 7. Pour the stuffed cabbage with sour cream, cover the shape with a piece of foil, put in the oven for an hour. Serve together with vegetables, which were used for pillows.
Lazy cabbage rolls in the oven, baked with mushrooms
Another recipe for lazy, very simple, but delicious stuffed cabbage. It is better not to make them too large, so that the mushrooms "are not lost" in the total mass.
• 500 grams of minced meat;
• 300 grams of cabbage;
• 0.3 cup rice;
• 350 g sour cream;
• 30 ml of soy sauce;
• 3 cloves of garlic.
1. Chop the cabbage. Add to it a little salt, chopped onion, mash with your hands.
2. Prepare rice, mix with cabbage and minced meat, break one chicken egg to them, season with spices, knead well.
3. To form small cabbage rolls, put in shape, but not too tight to each other. There should be a place for mushrooms.
4. Put the cabbage rolls for 10 minutes in the oven, the temperature is 200.
5. Mushrooms cut into quarters or halves, depending on size. We spread on the pan with well heated oil, fry on high heat for about five minutes.
6. Mix sour cream and a glass of water, put soy sauce, garlic.
7. Take out the cabbage rolls, lay out the mushrooms between them, pour sour cream.
8. We bake about half an hour, the temperature does not need to change.
Cabbage rolls in the oven - useful tips and tricks
• Before baking, stuffed cabbage can be rolled in flour and fried in a frying pan, the dish will turn out to be more delicious.
• If you need to make a thick gravy for the cabbage rolls, the browned flour is added to the tomato or sour cream.
• It is unnecessary to add a lot of butter to the cabbage sauce, especially when using minced meat with bacon. The dish will be tasteless, fatty.