Custard with eggs - a masterpiece in the hands of the chef. Delicate taste and the ability to create it in a different consistency allow the cream to be widely used in cooking. They can miss the cake from almost any dough in the formation of the cake or decorate its surface. Can be used as a filling for muffins, croissants, cakes or muffins.
Custard with eggs and desserts with it - the general principles of cooking
• Custard with eggs can be prepared in several ways: on the stove, in the microwave, by heating in a water bath, or by brewing the main mass with boiling liquid. For these purposes, concentrated sugar syrup is most often used.
• In the preparation can be used as whole eggs, and taken separately proteins or yolks. With the addition of whole eggs or yolks, as a rule, rare creams are used, which are used in cooking to coat cakes. Often they are used as a filling custard cakes or buns. When using proteins, dense, air creams are obtained. They keep their shape well and do not melt, which allows them to be used to decorate desserts. Often protein cream filled tubes of puff pastry.
• Any custard with eggs can act as an independent dessert. Such treats are supplemented with fresh, canned or frozen fruits, berries and other components.
Recipe for classic custard with eggs
You will need a thick-walled pot or stew-pan. The cooking process requires close attention and constant stirring, as the cream can stick to the bottom of the container and burn. Butter is not a required component, if you need a lighter cream, it should be excluded.
Ingredients: • liter of medium fat milk;
• two chicken eggs;
• four spoons of wheat flour;
• 2 grams of vanilla powder;
• a glass of sugar;
• 150 gr. creamy 72% butter.
1. Pour the sugar into the pan. Break eggs into it, add vanilla with flour and rub well, completely dissolving the sugar grains.
2. In the resulting mixture, adding half a glass and mixing well, pour in the entire portion of milk.
3. Put a homogeneous cream base on a moderate heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the very beginning of boiling.
4. Put the cream brewed in this way from the heat to the side so as to cool slightly. When cooling, it is recommended to mix the cream mass regularly, otherwise its surface will be tightened with a thin film.
5. After about ten minutes, add soft butter in portions. Add no more dessert spoon at a time and carefully mix in a new batch.
6. After that, cover the container with a lid or film and leave it to cool completely.
How to make custard with eggs in the microwave
You will need a special container that can be placed in the microwave. The recipe attracts with its simplicity - no need to fear that the cream mass will burn or stick. From the specified number of products of the cream is not very much. If they need to miss the cake, feel free to increase the norms, observing the recommended proportions.
• two yolks;
• 20 gr. powdered sugar;
• a glass of pasteurized milk;
• incomplete spoon of sugar (20 gr.);
• 20 gr. white baking flour.
1. Grind the yolks with added sugar and powder. It is not necessary to whisk, it is necessary to grind as best as possible, so that there are no undissolved sugar crystals in the mixture.
2. Pour in flour, stir until smooth, start to gradually add milk. Do not rush, pour in small portions, and stir thoroughly each time so that there are no lumps. 3. Place the bowl with the cream base in the microwave oven and turn it on at full capacity for just a minute. Stir the cream thoroughly and place it in the microwave for a minute, then re-stir. Repeat this procedure two more times.
Sour cream custard with eggs in a water bath
Custard can be prepared not only with milk, but cream or sour cream can also be used as a base. When overheating, these products can build a barrier, so this cream is best prepared in a water bath. It will take two containers, and one should be larger than the other.
• refined sugar - 150 gr .;
• one egg;
• pack of softened butter;
• two spoons of baking flour;
• 300 gr. sour cream fat below 20%
• Gram of vanilla powder.
1. Put sour cream in a smaller container and dissolve sugar in it. In a separate container, you can simply in a glass, stir the egg and pour it to sour cream.
2. Add vanilla and, sifting through a rare strainer, enter the flour.
3. Stir thoroughly with a whisk, and without whipping, mix all ingredients. If the flour is strayed into lumps, crush them with a spoon, then stir the cream base again. It should be homogeneous.
4. Fill the vessel larger in size and diameter with water and place on intensive heating. When it starts to boil, lower the heat to medium so that the water only boils slightly and place a bowl with a cream base on its surface.
5. Periodically stirring to brew the cream evenly, warm it until it thickens.
6. Put the butter, softened at room temperature, into a separate bowl and start to beat at the minimum speed of the mixer. When it acquires a pasty consistency, gradually increase the speed and inject the cooled cream in parts.
Custard with eggs (protein)
Preparation of the cream does not require boiling down or warming up in a water bath. Whipped foams squirrels brew very hot syrup. The cream perfectly keeps its shape and can be used not only for the filling, but also for decorating any dessert. Ingredients:
• proteins from three eggs;
• 180 gr. granulated sugar;
• drinking water - 60 ml;
• two teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice;
• a pinch of salt only finely ground.
1. Pour water into a small saucepan with a thick bottom. Add lemon juice, which is necessary after squeezing strain, and immediately pour the sugar, mix.
2. On a low heat, stirring regularly, boil a clear, light syrup. Readiness can be checked by dropping a small drop of syrup into a glass of cold water. If it does not spread over the surface, but will keep its shape, then it is ready.
3. Mixer, starting with a minimum and gradually increasing the speed to medium, beat the chilled proteins with added salt. The protein mass should turn out to be dense, and rise beyond the corollas with steady peaks.
4. Without reducing or increasing speed, add hot sugar syrup to the protein mass, pouring in a thin stream. Make sure that the sweet mass does not hit the walls of the tank and the whips of the mixer.
5. The custard will be ready when the protein mass doubles in volume.
Light fruit dessert made from custard with eggs
One of the options for cooking and using the classic recipe for custard with eggs in cold desserts. Slices of fresh or canned fruit are interbedded with chilled cream. The highlight of the treat is a crispy layer of caramelized oatmeal.
• two spoons of white, preferably fine, sugar;
• four tablespoons of oatmeal;
• fresh or canned fruit (you can substitute berries).
• one egg;
• 50 gr. butter, sweet cream;
• sugar - 100 g .;
• two full spoons of flour (without a slide);
• 250 ml of milk.
1. The custard for the dessert should cool down well, so start cooking with it. Pour sugar and flour in a saucepan, mix. Add an egg and a little, literally a quarter of a glass of cold milk, again stir everything well. Be sure to pre-release the egg with a fork, so it will be easier to mix with other ingredients. 2. On medium heat, bring the remaining milk to a boil, then pour it in a thin stream into the prepared mixture. Be sure to intensively stir the mass when adding hot milk, otherwise the raw egg, which is part of it, will roll.
3. Move the bowl with the cream base to a slow fire and, while stirring continuously, warm up until the mass begins to thicken. Now lower the heat to a minimum and continue cooking the cream until it thickens enough.
4. Immediately transfer the brewed cream mass to cold dishes. Add chopped medium, lightly softened butter, and mix thoroughly.
5. Place a food film on the surface of the cream and cool it first at room temperature, then place it in the refrigerator.
6. At the bottom of a thick-walled pan, spread oatmeal evenly and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Turn on medium heat and, while constantly stirring, bring the granulated sugar to completely dissolve its grains.
8. When the syrup begins to envelop the flakes, slightly reduce the heat and continue heating until the oatmeal turns a light brown color.
9. Put the caramelized flakes in a plate and wait until they cool completely.
10. In high, wide glasses or kremanki layers lay out the cooled cream, cut into pieces of fruit or berries and caramelized flakes.
11. Dessert can be decorated with grated chocolate, fruit or sugar custard cream crumbled out of the pastry bag.
Custard Dessert with Eggs in Chocolate Cups
The original serving of a fairly simple custard dessert in chocolate cups. Brewed cream base with yolks is complemented by small balls, boiled from whipped proteins. For the manufacture of edible cups need balloons of small size.
• two tiles of bitter, high cocoa, chocolate; • two eggs;
• 250 g glass of milk;
• teaspoon of starch;
• vanilla powder - 1 gr .;
• small balloons;
• white coconut shavings.
1. Break the chocolate into pieces, fold it into a small, wide bowl and place it in a water bath. Periodically stirring, melt the chocolate to the consistency of thick cream.
2. Take the inflated ball and dip it into the slightly cooled chocolate. Pour chocolate in a saucer, “puddle”, the size of a penny, and place a ball on it, chocolate side down. Prepare several of these blanks and refrigerate until fully cured. In this case, the chocolate cups will have smooth edges to get the smudges, the chocolate mass should be poured directly onto the ball.
3. After about half an hour, remove the blanks from the refrigerator, pierce the balls with a needle and carefully separate them from the chocolate. Place the edible cups back in the refrigerator so that they do not melt.
4. Rinse the eggs with hot water. Carefully break the shell, put the yolks in a small bowl.
5. Drain the protein from one egg into separate dry dishes and whisk with sugar (2 tbsp.) In a fluffy foam.
6. Pour the remaining sugar into the milk, stir and put on medium heat. At the very beginning of the boil, slightly reduce the heat and, hooking a teaspoon, lower the protein mass into it. Boil the lumps no more than a minute, catch them with a slotted spoon and put on a plate to cool. After that, distribute them in chocolate cups and leave in the refrigerator.
7. Spread the yolks with starch by adding a spoonful of cold milk.
8. Reset the milk after making the snowballs on the stove. When boils, pour a starch gruel into it in a thin stream. Do not forget to mix the boiling milk intensively.
9. Boil the cream until thickened, then cool well in heat and mix with vanilla. For safety net, it is possible to keep the cooled cream mass in the refrigerator for some time. From warm cream melted chocolate. 10. Spread the cream in chocolate cups, spreading on protein lumps, and leave the dessert in the cold for another half an hour.
11. Before serving, sprinkle with white coconut flakes.
Custard with Eggs - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Any custard with yolks or whole eggs will have a richer color if you use homemade eggs.
• Aromatize the creamy mass can not only vanilla. Very often alcohol is used for these purposes, which gives the cream not only a specific aroma, but also a taste. Alcoholic drink should be added to already cooled cream, but not in the course of preparation.
• Custard is always used when cooled. In order to prevent its surface from cooling by taking up a thin thick layer that can later get into the cream, it is recommended to tightly cover the container with food film so that it comes into contact with the cream.