Only the one who has never eaten does not like onion cutlets.
In fact, the dish is amazingly tasty and has many advantages: inexpensive, affordable, simple and fast.
And it can also include a variety of ingredients and surprise every time.
Indulge onion cutlets?
Onion Patties - General Cooking Principles
The most interesting thing is that for cutlets you can use any onions: young, old, juicy, sluggish, spicy or sweet. Of course, the taste of the dish will depend on it, but it will not spoil. The heads are cleaned and cut. Usually in cubes or thin straws.
What else is added:
But this is only a standard set. The dish can be made much more fun if you add mushrooms, various vegetables, a bit of minced meat, or at least tomato paste. But what about onion cutlets with corn? It is worth a try!
Usually onion patties spread in a frying pan with a spoon and fried in the form of fritters. But you can cook and steep stuffing for modeling. Finished products can be stewed with sauce or served dry. And they are combined with any side dishes.
Recipe 1: Onion patties with semolina
Recipe the simplest onion cutlets with semolina, which optionally can be replaced with flour. You can also change the type and quantity of spices at your discretion.
• 5 onions;
• 1 spoon of tomato paste;
• 4 spoons of semolina;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 pinch of paprika;
• salt and black pepper;
• 2 sprigs of dill.
1. Cut the onion into small cubes and fold into a bowl.
2. Add salt and other spices, then lightly rub hands.
3. Put the eggs and semolina, add tomato paste to taste. But you can cook without it. Some housewives put a little mayonnaise, grated tomato or a spoonful of sour cream. 4. Mix everything thoroughly and leave for at least half an hour. During this time, the onions are marinated, and the cereal will swell.
5. Pour oil into the pan about half a centimeter and heat well.
6. Spread a spoonful of chops from the prepared mass. We do not make them thick.
7. Fire from two sides and take out on paper towels. If the products will be stewed in the sauce, then you can not cover with a lid. If the cutlets are served dry, then you can cover the pan so that the onion is fried inside.
Recipe 2: Onion cutlets “Housekeeper” with oatmeal
A variant of marvelous onion chops, which will also require oatmeal. The dish is very cheap and can be a real find in times of crisis. Oatmeal is desirable to take fast or no cooking.
• 1 glass of oatmeal;
• 4 onions;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 cup of boiling water;
• salt and pepper;
• 1 clove of garlic;
• 0.5 bunch of greens.
1. Pour the oatmeal with boiling water, stir it and cover with something. Leave it to cool to room temperature.
2. While the flakes are cooling, we chop the onion very finely, add the chopped greens to them, squeeze a clove of garlic.
3. Combine oatmeal with onions, put the egg and spices. In addition to salt and pepper, rosemary, paprika, savory can be added to these patties. And oatmeal and onions are perfectly combined with them, and the taste of products will be unrecognizable.
4. Beat the mass with a spoon until smooth.
5. Heat up vegetable oil. We take a spoon, moisten with water and collect the mass of cutlet. Putting round patties. We moisten a spoon every time so that the stuffing is well behind and does not stick.
6. Fry the patties on both sides. After turning, you can cover the dishes and give the dish later.
Recipe 3: Onion patties with mushrooms
For mushroom onion cutlets you need only a few champignons. But thanks to this additive the taste will be simply unrecognizable. By the way, such burgers can be cooked not only with fresh mushrooms, but also with canned champignons. Ingredients
• 5 bulbs;
• 0.15 kg of champignons;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 scoop of sour cream;
• 4 tablespoons flour;
• spices and oil;
• greens at will.
1. Cut all the onions into small cubes, add eggs and flour, put sour cream and chopped greens, stir. Let the mass still insist.
2. Cut the champignons into small cubes. Large is not necessary, otherwise the mushrooms will be a long time to prepare.
3. Put them in a pan with butter and fry almost until done. Turn off and set the dish on a slope so that the excess oil remains in the pan, and raise the mushrooms on the hill.
4. Cool the champignons and shift them to the cutlet mass. Stir well.
5. We type onion cooked onion stuffing and fry patties of any shape and size.
Recipe 4: Onion patties with cabbage
Variant of white cabbage and onion cutlets with bread. Use a white loaf, you can take a loaf. It is desirable that the bread was a little stale.
• 0.5 kg of cabbage;
• 0.5 kg of onions;
• 0.1 kg of mayonnaise;
• 5 pieces of bread;
• 2 tablespoons chopped greens;
• spices and oil;
• 1 clove garlic;
• 100 ml of milk;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• 1 spoon of tomato paste.
1. Shred cabbage, add a little salt and mnemi hands. We shift in the pan and a little stew, so that it becomes soft. Cooling down.
2. Cut the onion and chop the garlic, shift to the cabbage.
3. Soak slices of bread in milk and squeeze, send to the rest of the ingredients.
4. Lay the spices, tomato paste, add mayonnaise and greens. All is well stirred until smooth. Add a couple of spoons of flour.
5. Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the usual meatballs. They can be consumed in a dry form or braised in tomato sauce.
Recipe 5: Onion Cutlets with Corn
A variant of very nourishing onion cutlets, for which you will need a jar of canned corn. The lean version, minced prepared without eggs. Served such burgers with sauce, the recipe of which is also given below. Ingredients
• 5 onions;
• 1 can of corn;
• 1-2 tablespoons of flour.
For the sauce:
• 2 tablespoons of pasta;
• 300 ml of broth;
• 1 spoonful of flour;
1. Cut the onion into thin pieces, combine with corn and flour. A lot of stir and season with spices. Leave to stand for fifteen minutes.
2. In the meantime, make the sauce. To do this, put the flour on a dry frying pan and fry a little. Combine the broth or just some water with tomato paste and gently pour into the flour. Stir the sauce so that it does not cling to lumps, add seasonings to it and turn off after thickening.
3. Put the pan with oil on the fire and heat it well. We spread onion mass with corn and fry for three minutes on each side.
4. Shift chops into the pan with tomato sauce. As soon as everyone is ready, put the mine on the stove and weary seven under the lid. Do not actively boil. Served such burgers with any side dishes.
Recipe 6: Onion Cutlets with Cheese
For such onion cutlets, you can take the usual processed cheese or hard cheese. Delicious is obtained in any version of the dish.
• 3 bulbs;
• 0.1 kg of cheese;
• 2 tablespoons sour cream;
• 3 tablespoons flour;
• 1 egg;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 3 sprigs of dill;
• salt and oil.
1. Cut the onion very finely and add grated cheese to it. When using processed cheese, it is advisable for the product to lie down a bit in the freezer, it will be easier to rub it.
2. Add sour cream, which, if necessary, can be easily changed to cream or mayonnaise.
3. Add the egg and chopped garlic, then pour the spices and put the flour. Mix thoroughly and remove for an hour in the refrigerator.
4. Take out, add dill and stir. If the stuffing turned out weak and flows, then you can add a little more flour.
5. Now heat up the butter and fry the onion cutlets with cheese flavor. We spread with a spoon, browned on both sides.
Recipe 7: Onion patties with minced meat
It turns out that onion can also be prepared meat patties. They will be very fragrant if you add a little stuffing. Only 200 grams. Stuffing can take any and even chicken. This recipe differs from the previous ones in that the products are molded by the hands in the classical way, and not fried in the form of fritters.
• 5 onions;
• 1 carrot;
• 0.2 kg minced meat;
• 1 egg;
• 3 spoons of semolina.
1. Dice all peeled onions, add minced meat.
2. Next, rub finely large carrot and also add to the cutlet mass.
3. Put the egg, season with spices and pour semolina.
4. Mix the mass and leave on the table for about thirty minutes. Then once again stir well and you can start forming cutlets.
5. We moisten hands with water, take a piece of minced meat 60-70 grams and roll a ball in our hands. Then we press it down, giving it a bitochka.
6. Rolls off the chops in breadcrumbs. We crush the baby with our hands so that it does not crumble.
7. Fry in a skillet. Optionally, you can stew in the sauce.
Recipe 8: Onion cutlets with potatoes
Another option is lean onion chops. Potatoes are present in this recipe. Products without eggs and can fall apart when frying. Therefore, it is better to make them small.
• 7 bulbs;
• 2 potatoes;
• 1 carrot;
• 1 pinch of black pepper;
• 0.5 buns of dill;
• 4-5 tablespoons of flour.
1. Cut the onion into thin strips and fill with boiling water. We sustain seven minutes, we merge in a colander.
2. Rub the carrot on a fine grater and also peeled potatoes. We send all together to the bow.
3. Add pepper with salt, put chopped greens and gradually introduce flour, adjusting the thickness. The mass should not be liquid, but the steep stuffing will not work. It will be laid out with a spoon. 4. Fry from two sides and immediately shift to another frying pan.
5. Add half a glass of broth to the fried patties. You can take tomato juice.
6. Put on the stove and cook for fifteen minutes. It is possible and more, we are guided by the readiness of our products.
Onion Cutlets - Tips and Tricks
• A common problem with meatballs is the onion crunch. Vegetable does not always have time to cook during frying. This problem is easily solved. It is only necessary to fill the chopped onions with boiling water and let it stand for about ten minutes. Then fold in a colander and cook cutlets according to the recipe. The same method will relieve bitterness if the vegetable is vigorous.
• It’s not necessary to cry to peel and cut a mountain of onions! Put ice water in your mouth and there will be no tears. Also do not forget to regularly rinse the knife with a cutting board with cold water.
• You can make a terrific dish with onion chops! Put the products on a baking sheet, on top of them a circle of tomato and sprinkle with grated cheese. It remains to bake until golden brown.
• Onion cutlets can be cooked with absolutely any additives, and they will only taste better. Left a piece of bacon? Or just one sausage? Maybe in the freezer lay meat patty? Any of these products harmoniously fit into the dish.