General principles of cooking chicken in foil
And that only people are not ready to go to eat and eat well. Especially when it comes to meat. Even our ancestors, trying to preserve the most useful components of this product, baked carcasses of caught animals over a fire, and without taking off their skin. With the development of civilization, the skin was replaced by dough, and the fire on the stove. People started wrapping meat with dough and only after that they put it in the oven. Years later, foil was invented, but not for culinary purposes. But here too, the avid cooks were able to appreciate the foil and quickly put it into service when cooking various goodies with meat. Chicken in foil is one of the few, but amazingly tasty dishes, which are also prepared thanks to this already widely used metallic paper. To bake a chicken in foil is a simple matter. Everything is simple enough and even the culinary newcomer can reveal the cooking process. Before we begin to consider the original recipes, let's see what is the advantage of meat baked in foil:
• for meat cooked in this way, the smell of roast is characteristic, but the taste of stew prevails;
• when cooking fat flows, evaporates;
• juicy, fragrant and tender product;
• even suitable for the diet menu;
• easy to prepare, but incredibly tasty!
Despite the fact that the dish has a rather modest name - “chicken in foil”, there are a huge number of recipes, each of which is unique. For example, for a solemn occasion, you can cook a whole chicken stuffed with apples, nuts and other vegetables and fruits. For a homemade feast, you can organize a chicken with potatoes, you get a tasty and satisfying dish.
Chicken Recipes in Foil
Recipe 1. Chicken with cheese, potatoes in foil.
Consider a more modest dish, having prepared which you can please your loved ones with a tasty and healthy dinner. It will not take long to prepare. Yes, and very few people have the desire to idle for long hours in the kitchen after a busy day. Ingredients Required:
• hard cheese - 200 g;
• chicken drumstick - 5 - 7 pcs .;
• potatoes - 6 - 7 pcs .;
• garlic - 3 tooth .;
• salt and other spices;
We want to note that the recipe of the dish does not provide for the exact use of all the described ingredients. For example, not everyone likes shin, you can change them for wings, you can even take a whole chicken. Also, a great secret is stored in the seasonings. Do not neglect their use - due to them you can significantly diversify the aroma and taste of meat. Getting to the recipe.
Preparing products. Carefully wash the chicken meat, who does not like the skin, you can remove it. Peel potatoes, onions and garlic. Cut the potatoes into small bars, chop the onion into half rings, and garlic through garlic mash. As for hard cheese, for this recipe it can either be rubbed through a coarse grater, or it can be cut into thinnest plates. In a separate vessel, fill the potatoes with vegetable oil, salt and spices. Also we do it with a shin, salt, pepper, rub with garlic, but in a separate bowl.
Put two layers of foil on a baking sheet, spread it with vegetable oil, lay out onions, potatoes and seasoned meat. Carefully cover the chicken foil. Sent to the oven.
After 1 hour, gently reach the chicken, cut the foil, sprinkle the meat with cheese, then send everything back to the oven for 30 minutes.
For this dish do not forget to prepare a salad of fresh vegetables.
Recipe 2. Chicken with sweet peppers, tomatoes in foil.
Vegetables are capable of unimaginably revealing the taste of any meat, be it chicken, pork, duck. We offer to try this original culinary combination. Believe me, no one is able to refuse such a yummy.
• chicken - 1 - 1.5 kg;
• Bulgarian pepper - 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green;
• tomatoes - 5 pcs .;
• 3 - 4 cloves of garlic;
• olive oil;
• 2 bulbs;
• spices to taste, you can add a sprig of rosemary.
To begin, prepare the chicken, which is thoroughly cleaned from fat, towel dry. We start refueling - we salt, we pepper the carcass from inside and outside. We take 1 onion, garlic and lemon, divide them into 4 parts, place inside the chicken. Getting to the vegetables. We clean the bell pepper from the core, cut into rings. We also do it with a bow. Tomatoes are better peeled, the meat will be more juicy. Tomatoes are also cut into medium pieces. In a separate bowl, mix peppers, tomatoes, chopped garlic, you can add a little lemon juice, sprinkle with olive oil. Vegetables are laid around the chicken. All carefully make out the foil and bake in the oven for 1.5 hours at 180 degrees.
Recipe 3. Chicken with prunes, walnuts in foil.
A delicious recipe for a festive table. Believe me, the invited guests will not be able to get away from you without eliciting the recipe of the cooked chicken.
• chicken - size, taking into account the number of guests;
• cream - 200 ml;
• prunes - 300 g;
• walnuts - 200 g;
• olive oil;
• salt and spices.
Fry the prepared chicken from all sides in hot oil.
Thoroughly chop the walnuts, chop the onion in half rings. In a red-hot skillet we send onions, after a minute we also add walnuts. After 2 minutes, add the cream. The resulting sauce thoroughly rub the chicken, then lay it on the foil, do not forget about the prunes. Cut it into cubes and put it inside the bird. Wrap the carcass and bake in the oven 1-1.5.
Recipe 4. Chicken Breast with Tomatoes in Foil
Where only do not use chicken breast - salads, chops, pastries, rolls, etc. We offer a recipe for cooking chicken breast in foil. The dish is prepared on the principle of a sandwich - all the ingredients are superimposed on each other.
• fillet - 1 kg;
• tomato - 2 pcs .;
• garlic cloves;
• cheese - 200 g;
• vegetable oil;
• salt and spices.
1. Put a sheet of foil on a baking sheet, coat it with oil, which will prevent meat from sticking.
2. Cut the tomatoes into rings and lay them on the foil, forming a kind of pillow for fillets.
3. Put the fillet. We rub it with the pressed garlic, salt, spices.
4. Slice cheese and cover the fillet.
5. Wrap all the ingredients and send in the oven. After 35-40 minutes you can please your loved ones with tender and juicy meat.
Recipe 5. Chicken in a foil in the oven with apples
spices for chicken - 5 g;
medium sized apples - four pieces;
ground black pepper - 5 g;
eight cloves of garlic;
finely ground salt - one and a half tsp.
1. Wash the apples, cut the core with the seeds and cut the fruit into small pieces. Put it in a deep dish.
2. Peel the garlic and pass it through the garlic press. Add the garlic mixture to the apples and mix.
3. Rinse the chicken carcass under the tap and dip it with paper towels. Make a cut in the middle of the carcass.
4. Fill the bird with a mixture of apples and garlic, filling it with the insides. Rub the carcass with fine salt, seasonings for chicken and pepper.
5. Cover the baking sheet with foil and place a stuffed chicken carcass on it. The remaining apples spread out around the chicken. Wrap the bird in foil and send for half an hour in the oven preheated to 200C. Remove the finished chicken from the oven, unfold the foil and cut it into portions.
Recipe 6. Chicken legs in foil in the oven
kilogram of chicken legs;
finely ground salt;
80 g of mustard;
30 g thyme;
40 g garlic;
100 ml of white wine.
1. Prepare chicken legs. Wash and wipe them with a paper towel.
2. Peel the garlic. Rinse and crush the slices with a garlic press.
3. Pour the wine into the cup, add mustard, thyme and crushed garlic. Salt and mix well.
4. Place chicken legs in a bowl and pour them with marinade. Stir and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for three hours. Periodically turn the legs to marinate from all sides.
5. Cover the form with foil. Put the chicken legs out of the marinade. Cover with another layer of foil and wrap the edges so that when baking the juice does not flow.
6. Heat oven to 180C. Bake with chicken legs in a preheated oven for forty minutes. A few minutes before being ready to remove the baking sheet, remove the top layer of foil and put in the oven so that the chicken browns. Serve chicken in foil in the oven with a side dish of potatoes and vegetable salad.
Recipe 7. Chicken in a foil in an oven in a creamy sauce
two-kilogram chicken carcass;
finely ground salt;
a piece of butter;
two cloves of garlic;
ground black pepper;
40 g condiments for grilling.
1. Rinse the chicken carcass under the tap. Clean off all excess and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Put a piece of butter in a deep cup, add spices to the grilled chicken and mix well until smooth.
3. Lift the skin on the chicken's carcass to form a peculiar pocket. Place the oil mixture under the skin and rub the outside of the chicken. You can additionally add salt and spices. Tie a string of chicken legs.
4. Wrap the chicken in foil. Send the bird to the preheated oven for an hour. Bake the chicken at 200C. Then open the foil and put the chicken in the oven for another half an hour until a delicious crust forms on it.
Secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
1. It is possible to determine the readiness of meat by the type of foil - blackened bends indicate the readiness of the chicken.
2. In order for the chicken to have a ruddy crust formed in the foil, it is necessary to pour the meat with the melted juice and immerse it in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. The taste of meat can be made more juicy, if the meat seasoned with salt and spices is kept in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Remember, there is no limit to perfection. Feel free to experiment in your kitchen and then you can certainly boast the ability to professionally cook a chicken in foil.