Demiglas is not an ordinary sauce. Above its preparation will have to work hard and not even one hour. The base is made from beef bones and vegetables, it turns out incredibly fragrant, rich, will be a wonderful addition to any dish.
Sauce “Demiglas” - general principles of preparation
• Bones. There should be a lot of them, the presence of meat is optional, but residues can be. Rinse the stones thoroughly before using them. If the quality of the product is in doubt, it is better to soak for several hours in cold water. According to the classic recipe, the bones are first baked in the oven, then boiled in water for several hours. Sometimes the process can take almost a whole day.
• Vegetables. Usually it is onions, carrots, celery. There are recipes with tomato, you can take tomatoes. Vegetables are added to the meat seeds. Next, the sauce is boiled again for several hours. In the classic French recipe, three types of onions were originally used, but later they began to take one that is in stock.
• Wine. It makes the taste of the sauce "Demiglas" more profound, unusual, emphasizes meat notes. Red wine is commonly used.
• Spices. Salt, pepper sauce, add all sorts of aromatic herbs need at the very end, as in the process of long-term heat treatment and boiling of the mass there is a chance to over-salt, add extra pepper or spoil the taste with spices.
Demiglas sauce with red wine
This recipe of the sauce "Demiglas" can be attributed to the classic version. It is he who is most often found in French cooking. The base is cooked long enough, but you can boil the bones in advance.
• 4 kg of beef pits;
• 600 grams of carrots;
• 600 grams of onions;
• 100 grams of plant oil;
• 400 ml of dry red wine;
• 6 cloves of garlic;
• 400 g fresh celery.
1. Beef bones washed, spread on a baking sheet. Put it in the oven, bake to brownish color at 200 degrees. You need to make sure that they are not burnt. 2. Now put the bones in the pan, a volume of ten liters. Fill it all the way to the top with water, leave a few centimeters to boil. Cook the stones without a lid for about five hours, the sides of the amount of liquid does not decrease by half. At the same time, we do not let the liquid actively gurgle
3. As soon as half of the water in the pan is added, add all the chopped vegetables and garlic cloves to the bones, add boiling water until the water is 2/3, cook the broth again until the half of the liquid evaporates.
4. We get bones, throw them away. Boiled vegetables wipe through a sieve, filter the rich broth.
5. Add red wine and oil to the broth with vegetables, put it on the stove again, boil it until thick.
6. Of this amount of products should be about 1.5 liters of demiglas. At the end of the sauce you need salt and pepper. French culinary specialists often add rosemary, thyme, cloves and other spices to it.
Demiglas sauce with tomato (simple recipe)
For the preparation of this sauce “Demiglas” you will need fewer ingredients, but it will be slightly inferior in taste to the original.
• 1.3 kg seed;
• 150 ml of red wine;
• 100 grams of tomato puree;
• 300 g of celery, carrots, onions;
• spices, garni bouquet, oil.
1. Put the washed bones on the nasty, sprinkle with oil. Bake at 200 degrees to a light blush.
2. We get bones. Lubricate tomato puree or slightly diluted tomato paste.
3. Cut the onions and carrots. Crumble celery into large chunks. We put the vegetables on top of the pits and also sprinkle with vegetable oil.
4. Re-send the bones to the oven, cook until the vegetables are browned.
5. We shift the products from the pan to the pan, pour water so that the liquid covers the contents of five centimeters. We put on the stove, cook until half the water evaporation.
6. Now remove the bones. Add wine to vegetables. Boil the liquid for about fifteen minutes.
7. Remove the sauce from the heat, wipe the vegetables. Be sure to filter all, so that shards of beef seed are not accidentally caught in the sauce. 8. Now you can boil the sauce with the addition of salt, pepper, put a bouquet garni. Boil a few minutes and you're done!
“Demiglas” sauce with cream
To make this sauce, you need a concentrated base of the Demiglas sauce. You can prepare it according to the first recipe.
• 100 ml of sauce;
• 70 ml of cream;
• 20 ml of olive oil;
• 90 g onions;
• 15 g butter;
• 3 spoons of wine.
1. Combine both types of butter in a skillet or in a small saucepan, melt on the stove.
2. Peel the onions. We cut the head into small cubes, add to the oil, fry for about three minutes, make the fire moderate.
3. Add red wine to the onions. We evaporate an alcoholic drink for a minute.
4. Pour in the cream. We warm with onions almost to boiling, periodically stir.
5. Add the Demyglas concentrated broth to the cream sauce. Stir.
6. Make the minimum fire, cover the pot, cook under the lid for about five minutes so that the tastes merge.
7. At the end you need to try the sauce to taste, if necessary, add a little salt, pepper.
Sauce “Demiglas” (adapted recipe)
Simplified French sauce recipe on plain brown broth. Bones need to fry in the oven, then just boil for 2.5-3 hours, be sure to strain.
• 1.5 liters of broth;
• 0.5 onions, carrots, celery;
• 120 g of ghee;
• 70 g flour;
• Spoon of tomato paste;
• 0.5 glasses of wine;
• four spoons of oil rast.
For the sachet will need a bay leaf. A few sprigs of parsley, thyme, rosemary. Tie it all in a gauze bag. You can add cloves, peas, pepper, a piece of ginger.
1. In vegetable oil, fry chopped onion until transparent, add carrot and celery.
2. In another dish, heat the ghee, put the flour and fry until it is rosy in color. The mixture is constantly stir, not for a minute we leave. Fill half the broth, boil the sauce until thickened. Can be removed from heat. 3. Add tomato paste to the roasted vegetables, put wine in a couple of minutes.
4. Sweat some vegetables in wine, then pour the remaining broth. Cook under the lid for about half an hour.
5. Rub vegetables with broth.
6. Combine both masses, salt and pepper to your taste, stir. For flavor put sachets with spices.
7. We put on the stove, boil all together for about five minutes, then we stand under the lid for about half an hour. Then the sachet must be removed, otherwise the sauce will have an overly pronounced flavor.
Sauce “Demiglas” with mushrooms
For the preparation of this sauce will need a base of concentrated demi-glace. Mushrooms are used here, as they are the most affordable and quick to prepare.
• 150 g of concentrated sauce “Demiglas”;
• 2 mushrooms;
• 0.5 onions;
• 0.2 glasses of wine;
• 1 tbsp. l oils.
1. We wash the champignons, cut them into thin plates, put them in the pan, fry the pieces on both sides. We remove.
2. We cut onion half rings. Put on the pan after the mushrooms, fry until transparent. Return the mushrooms.
3. We pour all this with wine. We wait. Until it completely evaporates.
4. Add the sauce.
5. Covering the griddle, simmer on a small fire, all this is about ten minutes. At the very end we try. If necessary, salt, pepper.
Demiglas Sauce with Cherry
The recipe is an incredibly interesting sauce "Demiglas", which will need a cherry in wine. The basis of preparing one of the recipes above.
• 100 g cherries;
• 150 g of wine;
• 15 g sugar;
• 200 ml of sauce;
• 1 tsp. butter.
1. Cherries are released from the seed, in the recipe indicated the weight of pure berries.
2. Melt the butter, add the berries, slightly warm.
3. Mix wine and sugar, pour cherries. We cover, we weary up to softness.
4. As soon as the berries are ready, add the demi-class to them. Stir, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Tomim cherry sauce on the stove for a few more minutes to combine the flavors.
6. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Serve cherry sauce to meat or poultry.
Meat in “Demiglas” sauce
A simple recipe for a fragrant meat dish using meat sauce. Veal is shown here, but you can also take pork, lamb, it will turn out tasty and tender in any variant.
• 600 g veal;
• 200 g of “Demiglas” sauce;
• 1 tbsp. l oils;
• 1 pinch of salt.
1. Cut the veal into plates in half a centimeter. On the one hand we knock a little with a hammer.
2. Rub the pieces with salt, grease with the prepared sauce. Leave to marinate for 40-50 minutes.
3. Put the veal in one layer in a greased form. We bake at 200 degrees to ruddy color.
4. Remove the mold from the oven. Pour the remaining pieces of sauce. Cover with a piece of foil.
5. Return to the oven. Remove the temperature to 180 degrees, cook for about twenty minutes.
Sauce “Demiglas” - useful tips and tricks
• If the French sauce came to taste, then it is more convenient to cook a lot of the basis for demiglas at once. It can be poured into molds or containers, freeze. At the right time, the mass can be melted on the stove, add the necessary spices, refresh with wine.
• When cooking the bones for the sauce, the broth should not be actively boiled. Otherwise the basis will turn out muddy, not so appetizing by sight.
• Demiglas turns autumn interesting in the sharp version. It is enough when adding vegetables to the broth to throw the chopped pod of hot chili peppers, then all together. Even easier - add a little Georgian adjika to the total mass.