Pink salmon - a useful, budgetary fish of the salmon family.
But unlike, for example, from salmon or trout, pink salmon is rather dryish, and if you prepare it incorrectly, you can get something absurd instead of a tasty wholesome dish.
In order to avoid this, cook pink salmon in foil in the oven - this method of heat treatment of the product does not allow the fish to dry up, leaving it juicy, tender and tasty.
Pink salmon in foil in the oven - general principles of cooking
For roasting pink salmon in foil, both fresh and frozen whole fish are suitable. You can also buy steaks or pink salmon fillet. Fresh frozen fish must be thawed beforehand. So that the pink salmon does not lose its taste, it is best to defrost it either at room temperature or on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, but in no case in the microwave, and even more so without releasing it into the hot water.
Thawed fish is cleaned, cut off the fins and tail, and then either stuffed, or cut into pieces of the right size, or separated the fillet from the bones - it all depends on your desire and the recipe. A cut pink salmon is marinated, or simply salted, sprinkled with spices or poured with sauces. The fish is wrapped in foil and baked in a preheated oven until cooked.
But this simple approach to cooking pink salmon in foil in the oven can be varied by adding to the fish various products: vegetables, mushrooms, cheeses, sauces, spices, sour cream, cream and much more.
Fish is served predominantly with any classic side dish - if there is nothing more than the pink salmon itself as part of the dish, or as an independent, full-fledged dish.
Recipe 1. Pink salmon in foil in the oven with vegetables
• One pink salmon (0.8 - 1 kg);
• 155 g fat cheese (like mozzarella); • Onion;
• Large carrots;
• Two sweet peppers;
• Cherry tomatoes (8-10 pieces);
• To taste dried parsley and rosemary;
• Vegetable oil, salt;
• 220 g of Brussels sprouts.
1. Cut the pink salmon into medium-sized pieces, having previously cleaned and removed all the bones, scales and fins.
2. Peel and chop all the vegetables: cut the onion into quarters, pepper with a wide straw, cabbage blossoms and cherry tomatoes cut in half, coarsely carrot or chop into thin straws.
3. Slice the cheese into small pieces, mix the dried herbs and salt with two or three spoons of vegetable oil.
4. Cover the baking sheet with foil, put the prepared vegetables, on top of the fish, spread the cheese evenly on top, pour all the ingredients with spiced butter.
5. Close the fish with vegetables with the second piece of foil, carefully fasten the bottom foil to the top with the sides.
6. Bake twenty five minutes.
Recipe 2. Pink salmon in foil in the oven with sour cream and cheese
• 500-600 grams of pink salmon;
• 200 g sour cream;
• parsley leaves;
• 200 g Russian cheese.
1. Cut the pink salmon fillet into long strips.
2. Mix finely grated cheese and salt with sour cream.
3. Rinse and chop the parsley leaves, add the herbs to the cream and cheese sauce.
4. Put the fish in the sauce, let it soak for 30 minutes, then put it in an improvised pocket made of foil.
5. Pour the rest of the sauce to the pink salmon, seal the foil so that there is not a single crack.
6. Bake for fifteen minutes, then carefully cut the top pocket and slightly open the foil.
7. Bake another ten minutes until a crispy cheese crust.
Recipe 3. Pink salmon in foil in the oven with olives
• kilogram fish;
• 210 g Parmesan;
• 400 g black pitted black olives;
• two tablespoons of pesto pasta; • two spoons of mayonnaise;
• small onion;
• salt, spicy herbs.
1. Peel the fish, cut into thin steaks.
2. Mix the mayonnaise with the pesto sauce, Thoroughly coat each mixture of pink salmon steak with the resulting mixture, marinate the fish in the refrigerator, put it in a plate and cover with the bag, forty minutes.
3. Finely chop the onion, cut the olives into four pieces.
4. Put the pickled steaks on the foil, put the onions and olives on top, sprinkle with all the herbs and salt, carefully put parmesan, rubbed with fine chips.
5. Wrap the foil snugly, carefully fastening all edges together from all sides.
6. Bake thirty minutes.
Recipe 4. Pink salmon in foil in the oven with potatoes
• 1.2 kg of pink salmon;
• kilogram of young potatoes;
• to taste mayonnaise;
• 230 g cheese;
• salt, vegetable oil;
• large onions.
1. Cut the gutted, riddled of scales and bones, fish in small pieces.
2. Peel the young potatoes and cut them into thin slices, chop the onions into rings.
3. Line the deep mold with foil, rub with vegetable oil.
4. Put onion rings, on top of a pink salmon, cover the fish with a small amount of mayonnaise, place the potatoes on top, sprinkle with salt, brush with mayonnaise.
5. Rub the cheese on top of the laid out ingredients, carefully fix the foil.
6. Bake for thirty minutes, after opening the foil and cook for another ten minutes.
Recipe 5. Pink salmon in foil in the oven with green beans
• kilogram of pink salmon;
• two large carrots;
• half a kilo of frozen green beans;
• large onion;
• salt, spices;
• 250 g semi-hard cheese;
• juice of one lemon;
• 80 ml soy sauce.
1. Peel and thoroughly wash the fish, separate the pink salmon fillets from the bones, cut the fish into portions.
2. Sprinkle the prepared slices with lemon juice and soy sauce, pickle for about an hour in a cold place. 3. Peel the vegetables, grate the carrots, and cut the onion into small pieces.
4. Fry vegetables until golden and soft.
5. Put the green beans in a deep bowl, cover with cold water, then drain.
6. Cut the cheese into thin slices.
7. Cut the foil into squares, put a piece of fish on each, put the fried onions and carrots, a piece of cheese on top, put the green beans on the sides.
8. Salt some ingredients a little.
9. Foil carefully wrap.
10. Put all the pieces on a baking sheet, cook for about forty minutes. The oven should be heated to 180 degrees.
Recipe 6. Pink salmon in foil in the oven with mushrooms
• pink salmon fillet - about a kilogram;
• a pound of mushrooms;
• 300 g sour cream or very heavy cream;
• salt, dry saffron;
• dill, parsley (fresh, only leaves);
• 300 grams of cheese;
• Spoon lemon juice.
1. Fillet cut into squares with a side of about 6-7 centimeters. Sprinkle each piece of lemon juice, insist for half an hour, covered with cling film.
2. Peel the onions, rinse the mushrooms, cut both ingredients in small pieces.
3. Fry the onion first, then add the mushrooms, fry for ten minutes until golden brown.
4. Grate a piece of cheese on a medium grater.
5. Mix half the grated cheese with sour cream or cream, add the saffron and salt, mix again.
6. Put the fish on the foil, lined on a baking sheet, on top lay the fried onions with mushrooms, pour pink salmon with sour cream and spicy sauce.
7. Bake, tightly covering the foil, for twenty minutes.
8. Remove the top layer of foil, sprinkle the fish with the rest of the cheese, bake for about ten minutes.
Recipe 7. Pink salmon in foil in the oven with tomatoes
• pink salmon;
• 80 g sour cream;
• four large tomatoes;
• half a lemon;
• parsley leaves;
• carrot; • to taste spices and salt;
• 175 grams of cheese.
1. Fry the peeled onions and carrots until tender.
2. Wash pink salmon, cut into thin steaks (about 1-1.5 cm thick), sprinkle juice from squeezed lemon.
3. Wash tomatoes, cut the base, cut into slices of 1 cm thick.
4. Cut the cheese into 0.5 cm slices.
5. Rinse greens and shake.
6. Cut the foil into several squares - depending on the number of steaks.
7. On each square, place all the prepared ingredients in the following sequence: passaged vegetables, a piece of fish, two cups of tomato, cheese, and not chopped parsley leaves.
8. Cover each portion well with foil, bake, spread on a baking sheet, twenty-five minutes.
Recipe 8. Pink salmon in foil in the oven, stuffed with rice
• large fish;
• two eggs;
• a small slice of cheese (enough 70-80 grams);
• a bunch of parsley;
• several rosemary branches;
• 70 grams of rice cereal;
1. Boil thoroughly washed rice until cooked, rinse in cold water.
2. Chop and fry the onion.
3. Rinse the parsley and chop it in the same way.
4. Cut the peeled carrots into thin strips.
5. Stir in the rice with carrots, fried onions, parsley, grated cheese, eggs. Salt and pepper the filler to your liking.
6. Rinse the fish thoroughly, cut it along the middle and carefully remove the ridge. Remove the small bones in the meat with tweezers.
7. Pulp left on the ridge, gently separate from the bone, stir in the rice filling.
8. Fill the gut of pink salmon with a filling, tie up the fish carcass with a string.
9. Wrap the pink salmon in several layers of foil, salting the top of the fish and putting rosemary on it.
10. Bake an hour at 180 degrees.
Pink salmon in foil in the oven - useful tips, little tricks
• To make the dish tasty, carefully purchase fish when buying. The color of the pink salmon must be uniform, it itself must be dense, not loose and not frozen.
• Finished pink salmon can be decorated with sprigs of rosemary - they look beautiful, and give the fish their flavor.
• If you like interesting and unusual combinations of tastes, try baking pink salmon in foil in the oven with smoked or melted cheese.
• Pink salmon is combined with many products, so you can easily modify any recipe, bringing something new to the dish.
• Smoothly and beautifully cut the fish with steaks can be effortlessly, if you pre-freeze the pink salmon for half an hour.
• If cheese is used in cooking to make it brown, five or ten minutes before the dish is ready, the foil will have to be opened.
• Pink salmon, seasoned before cooking for some time in olive oil, turns out juicy and tasty.
• Do not get carried away with spices, add them a little, so as not to kill the aroma and taste of pink salmon.
• To make the stuffed fish juicy, put butter together with the filler.
• Stuffing pink salmon is possible not only with rice, but also with buckwheat, roasted vegetables and mushrooms, cheese, eggs, and greens. The choice is unlimited.
• The foil should be tightly wrapped so that the juices of the ingredients do not leak during the preparation. If the foil is thin - use several layers.