Goose pate - general principles of cooking
If you have a carcass goose in your home, and you have not yet figured out what to make delicious from it, then cook a goose pate. Such a dish will be appreciated by your homemade, because the pate will surely turn out to be nourishing, fragrant and tasty. In a goose paste for a brighter taste, you can add any part of the goose, and not just the liver. Take a heart, ventricle, or fowl. In addition, you will definitely need goose fat in order to make the pie more bold.
Goose pate - preparation of products and dishes
What is convenient enough - for a dish, you can take not fresh giblets, but get along frozen. Wash them, peel off the films and cut them into pieces. In addition to goose meat and offal, take onions, garlic and goose fat - it is there that you will fry vegetables and ingredients for pate. If you do not have fat, use butter or refined sunflower oil. However, do not take the olive - in a heated form, it will have a very unpleasant smell, which will ruin the goose paste later.
What dishes do you need to make pate? First of all, you will definitely need a blender, it is they who will chop the ingredients to the consistency of the paste. In addition, take a saucepan or frying pan.
Serve pate can be portioned or in a deep dish. What to use it with? The easiest and “delicious” option - with a white baguette.
Goose Pate Recipes:
Recipe 1: Provencal Goose
Delicious pate for this recipe is prepared in France, but do not roll it into cans for sale, but are served immediately on the table. You will also need goose fat, which will be the basis of the dish.
- 2 pieces of goose liver
- 90 grams of goose fat
- 2 bulbs large
- Garlic 2 teeth
- Provence Herbs
- Peel the onions and garlic. Onions need to chop, and cut the garlic into cubes.
- Melt the goose fat in a saucepan. Once it is warm, put onions and garlic there, fry for about two minutes.
- Wash the goose liver and cut it into pieces. Put them in a saucepan. Fry with onions for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Put the cooled mass with Provencal herbs in the blender bowl and turn the shaped mass into a puree. Serve goose pate immediately after cooking.
Recipe 2: Goose pate with poultry
The basis of this dish will be goose meat - it is more fatty than chicken, and therefore the pie will be quite nutritious. But this is only one of the advantages of the dish! The finished pate will taste great, fragrant and satisfying. Serve it without cooling with white or rye bread.
- 2 pieces of goose liver
- 55 grams of goose fat
- 200 grams of goose meat
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- First, peel the onion and chop it.
- Wash goose liver and meat and cut it into pieces.
- Put the fat in a hot frying pan, heat it, and fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add the liver and meat to the onions, fry these ingredients for about twenty minutes, stirring. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cooled ingredients in the blender bowl, add the peeled garlic and chop to a paste.
Recipe 3: Goose pate with giblets and olive oil
In addition to the liver, you can add heart and ventricles to the pie, then the finished dish will turn out with a delicious taste and unusual consistency.
- 3 pieces of beef liver
- 3 goose hearts
- 3 ventricles
- 70 grams of goose fat
- 1 bulb bulb
- Olive oil
- Wash the stomachs and boil them on the stove. You need to cook them for about 30-35 minutes until ready. By the way, the resulting broth can be a great base for soup.
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Wash liver and heart, cut into pieces.
- Heat the saucepan, put goose fat on it, melt and put onion. Fry the onions and add the sliced heart and liver to it. Cook them for about fifteen minutes. After toasting cool.
- Fold in the blender bowl the liver and the heart with the onion, the boiled ventricles, add two tablespoons of olive oil, and chop to a paste-like state.
Recipe 4: Goose pate with cognac and basil
Try to cook the goose liver pate according to traditional French recipes. Do not be confused by brandy - its presence as one of the components will give the dish a subtle unusual flavor.
- 3 pieces of goose liver
- Fresh basil
- 100 grams of champignons
- 1 bulb bulb
- Cognac 2 tablespoons
- Mushrooms should be washed and finely chopped. Shred the onion.
- Heat the pan and put a piece of butter on it. As soon as it is melted, put onions and then mushrooms in the pan first. Fry the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Wash goose liver and cut into slices. Add to the mixture of mushrooms and onions. Fry the liver with vegetables for about fifteen to seventeen minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place the fried mass in the blender bowl, add fresh basil and chop to a puree.
- Add cognac to the prepared mass, mix and place in the refrigerator for two hours.
Goose pate - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
Goose pate is best consumed immediately after preparation. But if you could not master all the cooked food at once, then how to store it so that it does not deteriorate? It is best to apply this method: take a plastic wrap, put a paste on it, cover with melted goose fat on top and roll it up.
You can add pepper, dried tomatoes or capers as an additional ingredient - the taste of the finished product will be more piquant.