Mackerel with vegetables - general principles of cooking
Mackerel is gorgeous, not only smoked, but also cooked with vegetables. The dish will be inexpensive and very tasty, suitable even for the holiday table. It combines fish with almost all vegetables - with tomato, potatoes, onions, carrots, eggplants. To make the dish tasty, you need to properly cut the fish.
Mackerel with vegetables - preparing food and dishes
Mackerel can be divided in several ways. If you bake fish, you can leave it whole, cutting the belly like a pocket. In this case, remove the head and tail, remove the giblets and remove the black film.
You can also cut the mackerel longitudinally, reaching the spine. You will get two pieces of fillet from one carcass, and you will lay the vegetables on top. From the fish will need to remove all the bones.
If you cook mackerel with vegetables in a pan, you can also cut it with steaks ..
What kind of vegetables you need for a dish? Onions, potatoes and carrots can be found at home by any housewife, but you can vary the taste of fish by adding tomatoes, eggplant, pepper or fresh herbs to your mackerel. In addition, do not forget about sour cream or mayonnaise - these ingredients in the cooking process will soak the mackerel with vegetables and make it more juicy.
Recipes for mackerel with vegetables:
Recipe 1: Mackerel with vegetables in French
Mackerel with vegetables in French is one of the favorite dishes of this nation, and this is the kind of mackerel you will be served in most French establishments. We do not consider onions as a vegetable, rather it is an additional product in the first and second courses, but the French have a different opinion (recall, for example, the famous onion soup). Prepare a mackerel with three types of onions and feel yourself in Paris.
- Mackerel fish - 2 carcasses
- Leek - 1 stalk
- Onion - 1 piece
- Shallots - 100 grams
- Sour cream fat (not sour) - 120 ml
- Butter - 60 grams
- Prepare the fish. It is best to cook the filet of fish, and therefore cut it across, remove the ridge with bones, salt.
- Finely chop the onion; cut the leek into medium-sized rings. Shallot also cut, but not very fine.
- In a hot skillet, melt the butter, put onions and shallots and fry for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place the mackerel on the foil, put the mixture of onions and shallots on top and put the leeks on top of the mixture. Salt and pour sour cream. Wrap the foil and send the fish to bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the top of the foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Recipe 2: Mackerel with vegetables (with onions and carrots)
We will cook this fish in a pan without spending too much time and effort. You will need carrots, onions and sour cream. Some housewives also add here a spoonful of tomato paste. The dish turns out nourishing, moderately fat and very tasty.
- Mackerel - 2-3 fish
- Onions - 1 piece
- Carrot - 2 pieces
- Sour cream - 60 grams
- Prepare the fish - you can cut it up so that you can only fillet, and you can cut it into steaks - slices. In the first case, it will be more pleasant to eat, because there will be no need to look for bones. In the second case, the fish will look more appetizing, but the bones can spoil a pleasant impression of the dish.
- Make a regular fry of shredded onions and grated carrots.
- Add fish to the vegetables and cover with sour cream. Simmer mackerel with onions and carrots for 10 minutes.
Recipe 3: Mackerel with vegetables (with potatoes and spinach)
This tasty festive dish is very much loved in Italy. Not everyone understands why spinach is added and they ask whether it is possible to do without it when cooking. Of course, you can, but you will take half the utility from the dish. This juicy grass is rich in vitamin and protein, and therefore generously put it not only in mackerel with vegetables, but also in other dishes. Ingredients Required:
- Potatoes - 5 pieces
- Mackerel - 2 fish
- Spinach - 1 bunch
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream (not sour) - 80 grams
- The mackerel needs to be cleaned, the skin is removed and the spine is reached. Salt the fish and put in the fridge.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into thin slices. Place it in a container with water, drain it after a couple of minutes, repeat the procedure and do this until the water is clear. Then spread the potatoes on napkins and dry.
- Cut the spinach very finely.
- Grease the baking tray with butter, put a layer of potatoes, salt and grease with sour cream. Place the fish on the potatoes, top with the spinach. Pour all sour cream, send the deck in the oven and cook at a temperature of 160 degrees 40 minutes.
Recipe 4: Mackerel with vegetables (tomato, basil and cheese)
Fish generally tastes good with vegetables, but with some - especially. Try another Italian recipe - baked mackerel with tomato, cheese and basil. Dishes will turn out very fragrant and not fat.
- Fish - 2 carcasses
- Tomatoes - 3 pieces
- Salted hard cheese - 150 grams
- Fresh basil
- Divide the mackerel so that you get layers of boneless fillets.
- Scald tomatoes with boiling water, remove peels from it. Cut vegetables into cubes. Put them in a strainer for 10 minutes to stack the juice. Basil wash, cut, add to the tomatoes, salt and mix.
- Rub the cheese on a coarse grater and add to the mixture of tomatoes and basil.
- Place the mackerel on a buttered deck, on it - a tomato and cheese, pour a small amount of mayonnaise on top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 160 degrees.
Recipe 5: Mackerel with vegetables (with eggplants)
A tasty dish in which, at first glance, it is simply impossible to recognize mackerel with vegetables. Cooking is quick, easy and inexpensive. Ingredients Required:
- Fish - 2 pieces
- Eggplants - 2 pieces
- Tomatoes - 2 pieces
- Onions - 1 piece
- Sour cream - 120 grams
- Vegetable oil
- With the fish, remove the skin, remove the bones and chop the fillet into small cubes.
- Shred the onion finely.
- Cut tomato and eggplant into cubes.
- Heat the pan, brush with butter and fry the onion until golden brown, add eggplants, fish and tomatoes. After five minutes, when the liquid from the vegetables evaporates, add sour cream to the dish. Roast 15 minutes, stirring.
Mackerel with vegetables - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Mackerel with vegetables will be delicious, not only if you cook it on the stove or in the oven, but also in the slow cooker. Heat the bowl, lubricate with oil and put the ingredients there. It takes 30 minutes to cook the fish in the “Frying” or “Stewing” mode.
- If you have a convection oven, then with it you will cook delicious mackerel with vegetables. Wrap the fish in foil and place on the middle grill. Cook for 30 minutes at 200 degrees ..
- Do not forget to use greens. Parsley, dill and basil will decorate the taste, and spinach will add brightness and color. Use fresh lettuce when serving.
- To make the mackerel with vegetables more tasty, you can add non-sour sour cream, cream or mayonnaise to the dish.
- Instead of salt, you can use a small amount of soy sauce. Spray the fish fillet with soy sauce, wrap it in a plastic bag and put in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.