Banana oatmeal cookies are an interesting home baking option. No need to mess around for a long time with dough. Flakes and mashed banana - this is a blank for cookies, a dough substitute, which can only be molded into small cakes and baked. All other ingredients (sugar, cream or milk, fruit or nuts, eggs) are considered as additional and simply enrich the products with natural carbohydrates. It is possible to diversify cookies with spices or spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, a pinch of cayenne pepper (for connoisseurs of spicy flavors in sweets), citrus peel or ground apricot kernel.
Oatmeal Cookies with Bananas - General Cooking Principles
Cooking such cookies can be in the oven on a baking sheet or in a frying pan on the stove. A baking sheet for this purpose is better to cover with paper or foil, and melt some butter in the pan. Or you can simply grease a baking sheet with ordinary vegetable oil.
Take for recipes of cookies only high quality oatmeal without impurities and particles of unrefined grains. Suitable as small oatmeal, so large.
Bananas in the recipes will suit both slightly greenish and already blackened. The blackened bananas make the dough easier, so I use them more often to make oatmeal cookies.
When cooking oatmeal cookies with a banana it is not necessary to use eggs. For a bunch of dough is a banana itself, but the eggs in this test will give excess moisture.
In the dough with oatmeal should not add wheat or any other flour. Although in some cases, this advice can be skipped and put into the oatmeal one or two tablespoons of wheat flour of the highest grade. Such a measure is necessary if you have added a component thinning the dough - eggs, a lot of liquid honey, milk, cream or vegetable oil. There are two ways to add chocolate to oatmeal dough. One of them is to melt the pieces with the butter in a water bath and mix with the rest of the recipe ingredients. Another is to cut into small pieces or grate chocolate and, as such, send in oatmeal dough. For the second option, special confectionery chocolate “drops” are perfect - they are the same size and baking with them looks appetizing and presentable.
Oatmeal Cookies with Banana - a classic recipe
· One glass of oatmeal;
· 200 g of banana;
· 2 tbsp. l powdered sugar;
· 2 tbsp. l cream (milk fat or sour cream).
1. Oatmeal pour cream and stir.
2. Banana in a separate bowl, mash in a puree with a fork or in any other convenient way and add to the flakes. There, pour the icing sugar. Mix and leave for 10-15 minutes.
3. Turn the oven on for 180˚C and prepare a baking tray with low sides. Cover it with baking paper. If you have unused small pieces lying around, take them. It is desirable to smear the paper with some oil.
4. Now wet your hands in cold water and take a little tablespoon of oatmeal dough. Use your hands to form a ball, flatten it and place it on a baking sheet. So blind all the preparations for cookies.
5. Bake them for about half an hour in the oven. If the biscuit does not have time to redden, then leave it to bake for another ten minutes. When you pull out, if desired, sprinkle a thin layer of powdered sugar.
Oatmeal cookies with banana - with cinnamon and dried fruits
· A glass of flakes “Hercules”;
· Two egg yolks;
· 1 tbsp. l wheat flour;
· Pinch of ground cinnamon;
· One small banana;
· A handful of prunes;
· a pinch of salt;
· A couple of baking powder pinches.
1. Prune (seedless), rinse and pour hot water in a bowl for a few minutes. Then rinse and finely chop with a knife. If you add whole berries in a blender for grinding, he probably will not cope. It's all about the harsh consistency of dry prunes. Instead of prunes, it is permissible to take any dried fruit - one variety or their mixture. Good in the cookies will be combined raisins with dried apricots. 2. Grind a banana in a blender. Add yolks and flakes to it. Beat a couple more seconds. Flakes, if desired, can be ground separately.
3. Add prunes, flour and cinnamon with salt. Also baking powder. Stir the mass.
4. Preheat the oven to 180-190˚C.
5. Divide the mixed mass into small pieces. It is convenient to mold a specialized ice cream spoon, pre-dipped in cold water.
6. Place the balls on a wide baking tray at a sufficient distance from each other. Fingers slightly flatten them and set to bake for 30-35 minutes.
7. Let the ready-made cookies cool and then serve.
Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Curd
· 100 g dry oatmeal;
· One banana;
· 4-5 Art. l cottage cheese;
· One egg yolk;
· 2 tbsp. l natural honey (or one quail egg);
· 1-2 tsp. wheat flour;
· 2 tbsp. l sesame seed.
1. Grind oatmeal in a coffee grinder or blender to the state is not small grains.
2. Pour cottage cheese with a fork or rub through a sieve. It is important - if the cheese is granular, take two yolks instead of one in the recipe. It is also permissible to use curd mass.
3. In a bowl, knead the banana with honey and yolk. Add oatmeal to this mixture. More flour and sesame. Stir the mass thoroughly.
4. Place the food foil with the matte side up on the baking sheet.
5. Take the oatmeal mass in small portions and shape the future cookie. Lay the workpiece on the foil.
6. After preheating the oven, place the baking tray with blanks for baking for half an hour.
Oatmeal cookies with banana - with nuts in butter
· A glass of flakes “Hercules”;
· One banana;
· A handful of walnuts;
· Pinch of vanilla;
· 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
· 4 tbsp. l vegetable oil, odorless.
1. Fill the flakes with oil and leave for softening for now. Instead of lean you can take melted butter or ready-made ghee. 2. Peel the banana and mash with a fork.
3. Roast the walnuts in a dry frying pan for a couple of minutes. Be sure to stir, so that they are not burnt. Then cool and peel a little bitter dark skin. Chop the nuts with a knife into a not fine crumb.
4. Mix the flakes in butter, nuts, vanilla, sugar and banana in one bowl. Just remember the dough with your hands so that the mass is homogeneous. Divide into approximately identical pieces, 30-50 g each. Shape flat balls.
5. Put the blanks on a baking sheet separately from each other and bake in the oven at 200 ° C for 25 minutes.
Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Orange
· Half of the average orange (or one mandarin);
· 100 g of “Hercules”;
· One banana;
· 1-2 tsp. Sahara;
· Pinch of nutmeg;
· Pinch of ground ginger;
· 2 tsp. vegetable oil;
· 2 tbsp. l butter.
1. If the flakes of “Hercules” are large, lightly chop them in a coffee grinder.
2. Squeeze the juice of half an orange and mix with cereal and vegetable oil. Leave to swell for a quarter of an hour. Instead of orange juice, if you wish, you can take any other fruit (your own cooking, fresh-pressed or store).
3. For now, you can turn on the oven at a standard temperature - 180-200 ° C.
4. Turn the banana into a puree in any way and stir in the orange-oatmeal mixture. Also add sugar, nutmeg and ginger. Stir.
5. Divide the dough into pieces and form small balls. If you want to make cookies small, take the dough with a teaspoon or dessert spoon. Crush the blanks with your fingers to make “patties”.
6. Heat butter in a frying pan and lay out the billet cookies. Fry first on one side until golden brown, then turn over and fry on. The main thing - do not make a strong fire, better slow. Otherwise the products will start to burn.
Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Chocolate
Ingredients: · 50 g of chocolate (dark, milk or white - to taste);
· A glass of cereal;
· One banana;
· 2 tsp. butter;
· 50 g pecan nuts (or cashews).
1. Pecans do not need preliminary heat treatment, so immediately cut them into pieces with a knife on a cutting board.
2. After cleaning, cut the banana into pieces and puree with a blender.
3. In a water bath, melt chocolate and butter. This mixture can be replaced by cocoa and any vegetable oil (only odorless).
4. Remove from heat. Add banana and cereal with nuts. Stir. When the mass has cooled slightly, shape the cookies. Do not make them fat. Put the blanks on a baking sheet. It is better to cover the surface with bakery paper or regular foil.
5. Bake in the oven at 180 ° C until rosy color.
Oatmeal Cookies with Bananas - Tricks and Tips
· To keep the cookies dry, add a little milk, heavy cream or sour cream to the main product - oatmeal.
· Add flaked dried fruit (seedless), berries, ground nuts or seeds (sesame, sunflower, or other), candied fruit pieces, fresh fruit, or even grated pumpkin to the flakes in the dough if desired.
· The variant of such a cookie is suitable just when the bananas have already become completely black and no one will eat them. And in order not to let them go to waste, you can make these cookies.