Blueberries are a tasty and very healthy berry. But eating it in full during the ripening season is not always possible, so blueberries make all sorts of goodies for the winter: jam, jams, compotes. But during heat treatment, some of the nutrients are destroyed, which is why today the so-called “raw jam” is so popular. So, now we will cook mashed blueberries with sugar.
Pureed blueberries with sugar without cooking for the winter - the general principles of cooking
In addition to various vitamins and microelements, pectin is a part of the berry, which has gelling properties, thanks to which blueberries wiped with sugar turn out thick and great cakes, desserts and other delicacies come out of it.
The method of making jam without cooking from this berry is particularly light and easy-going.
Unlike other berries, blueberries do not need long cleaning, removal of tails and leaves, twigs. It is enough to put it in a colander and rinse. Further, the blueberries are crushed in any convenient way, and for “raw jam” do not recommend the use of metal objects, so the best option would be wooden pulverizer or plastic nozzle blender.
After the rubbed blueberries are mixed with sugar, aged for some time until all the grains are completely dissolved and rolled. That's all, mashed blueberries are ready with sugar.
But you can use not only blueberries and sugar to make a healthy dessert, but also additional ingredients, such as berries and even fruits. Blueberries are perfectly combined with almost any berries, be they sour or sweet: raspberries, strawberries, strawberries, cherries, gooseberries and others. Also for taste you can put honey, nuts, wine or vermouth and other additives in the rubbed blueberries.
Recipe 1. Rubbed blueberries with sugar for the winter without boiling
• two kilograms of berries; • 2.5-3 kilograms of granulated sugar.
1. Carefully sort out the blueberries, rinse it, laid out in a colander. Leave for some time in a colander to glass the water.
2. Pour the blueberries into a deep bowl, mash the fruits with potato mash or chop them with an immersion blender. You can also twist the berries in the meat grinder.
3. Add a kilo of sugar to blueberries. Leave on for 30-40 minutes for the berry to make juice.
4. Pour another kilo of sugar, mix. Let stand for another 20 minutes.
5. While blueberries are worth, take the banks. Rinse them with soda, sterilize, putting them on the grill in the oven or in a water bath.
6. Carefully transfer the blueberries wiped with sugar into the jars, sprinkle them with a layer of sugar about two centimeters thick.
7. Roll cans with tin lids or tightly cover them with ordinary plastic lids.
8. It is not necessary to turn over the container with jam, store the product in the refrigerator or in a darkened cool place.
Recipe 2. Grated blueberries jelly with sugar for the winter without boiling
• 600 grams of blueberries;
• 700 ml of water;
• 3 tbsp. l gelatin;
• 3 tbsp. l strong vermouth or gin;
• 300 grams of granulated sugar.
1. Put the washed and dried blueberries in a bowl, grind it with a blender.
2. Pour the berry with a small amount of sugar, set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Boil water, cool to room temperature. Put gelatin in water, let it swell. Stir.
4. Add gin to the gelatinous mass, the remaining sugar. Stir until all the sugar particles are completely dissolved.
5. Mix the grated blueberries with a gelatinous mass, put in the fridge until the jelly solidifies.
6. Following the same instructions, you can make jelly layers of a mixture of whole berries and grated blueberries with sugar mixed with a gelatinous mass.
7. Dessert is especially tasty with soft cottage cheese, unsweetened yogurt, whipped cream.
Recipe 3. Pureed blueberries with strawberries and sugar for the winter without boiling
• two kg of sugar;
• some icing sugar;
• one kg of strawberries;
• One kg of blueberries fresh.
1. Bilberries must be carefully picked, rinsed under running water. Remove the leaves from strawberries, rinse, putting it in a colander.
2. Pass both kinds of berries through a meat grinder, pour in sugar, put in a refrigerator for a couple of hours.
3. When the sugar is completely dissolved in the berry juice, mix the mass very carefully, then transfer it to the previously prepared sterilized jars. Sprinkle with a thin layer of powdered sugar on top, cover with plastic covers.
4. Store grated blueberries with sugar is best in the refrigerator.
Recipe 4. Mashed blueberries with black currants with sugar without boiling for the winter
• 700 grams of blueberries;
• 500 grams of black currant;
• 1.5 kg of sugar.
1. Sort out the blueberries and currants, remove all the leaves, tear off the tails from the currants, remove the spoiled berries.
2. Put everything in a colander, rinse with cold water. After the water has drained, pour all the berries on a towel so they dry.
3. Put the currants and blueberries in a deep bowl, pour the sugar on top. Grind everything with a blender.
4. Let the mass stand for about an hour, then mix and decompose into sterile containers. Roll up.
5. Store the product, like any other non-cooked jam, in the refrigerator or cellar.
Recipe 5. Pureed blueberries with gooseberries with sugar without cooking for the winter
• 500 grams of blueberries;
• 500 grams of ripe gooseberries;
• kilogram of sugar;
• 200 ml of water.
1. Reassemble and rinse the berries. Cut off the tails of the gooseberry.
2. Put the blueberries and gooseberries in the bowl of the blender, chop.
3. Pour sugar into the pan, cover with water. Bring the mass to a boil, keep in mind that the syrup is thick, so that it does not burn, you need to continuously interfere with it. 4. Remove the syrup from the fire immediately after the first bubbles appear. Stir occasionally and cool to room temperature.
5. Pour syrup into the berries, mix. Remove the container with shredded blueberries for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
6. Before placing the jam in sterilized jars, the mass should be thoroughly mixed again.
Recipe 6. Pureed blueberries with sugar, honey and nuts without boiling for the winter
• two glasses of blueberries;
• 100 ml of water;
• three tablespoons of honey;
• half a cup of sugar;
• half a cup of walnuts.
1. Rinse the berries well after they have dried a little, put them in a blender bowl and chop them.
2. Heat the honey in a water bath so that it becomes thin, then cool it.
3. Put the peeled walnuts in a dry frying pan, lightly fry to a light golden hue.
4. Dissolve sugar in warm water. When the mixture is cool, put the honey here, mix.
5. Pour the honey-sugar mass into the mashed blueberries and the roasted cooled nuts.
6. Mix everything well, let it brew for half an hour, then transfer into sterilized glass jars and roll up.
Recipe 7. Rubbed blueberries tart with sugar
• a pound of grated blueberries with sugar;
• 800 grams of flour;
• a glass of sugar;
• pack of sweet butter;
• three eggs;
• two teaspoons of baking powder.
1. Sift flour into a deep bowl, add baking powder, mix.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs with sugar.
3. Melt the sweet cream butter and add in the cooled form to the beaten eggs, mix.
4. Add the sifted flour to the eggs and butter in small portions, knead the sticky dough.
5. Divide the dough into three parts, two thirds wrap in a bag, remove for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. One third is also wrapped and put in the freezer for the same time.
6. After the allotted time, remove the dough from the refrigerator, evenly distribute it across the bottom of the greased form, making not high sides. Make punctures with a fork around the perimeter, but not through. 7. Put on the formed dough, grated blueberries with sugar.
8. On top of the blueberry, rub the dough stored in the freezer.
9. Bake the pie from mashed blueberries and sugar in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
10. Serve flavored tea cake or warm milk.
Rubbed blueberries with sugar without cooking for the winter - tricks and tips
• Since blueberries are not cooked, be sure to use only high-quality products. Do not use spoiled berries for jam, wash blueberries for a long time and thoroughly.
• Keep your dishes clean. Sterile should be not only the banks, which will roll blueberries, but also a saucepan or bowl, spoons, blender parts and other used inventory.
• So that blueberries rubbed with sugar stay all winter and do not spoil, do not regret sugar. Add at least as indicated in the recipe. You can also sprinkle the surface of jam with a thin layer of granulated sugar or powdered sugar before rolling.
• Pureed blueberries with sugar are tasty not only as a jam, but also as a filling for pies, as an ingredient for making various sauces and desserts.
• You can rubbed blueberries with sugar for the winter not only roll up, but also freeze. It is convenient to hold the mass not in bags, but in special small plastic containers, which are hermetically packed and stacked on top of each other. You just have to get an hour before the tea-drinking container to feast on this amazingly sweet, sweet dessert.