Rabbit meat is known for its dietary and healing properties. This product can be used by almost all people, regardless of gender and age.
Rabbit meat is baked, fried, stewed, boiled and cooked delicious soups. It is the first dishes that give the maximum benefit to the body and have a positive effect on its condition.
What is special about making rabbit soups?
Rabbit Soup - General Cooking Principles
For the first dish, any pieces from the carcass - legs, back, brisket are used. It is most convenient to immediately cut the rabbit into smaller pieces, then set to boil. The cooking time of the broth depends on the youth of the rabbit. But usually 60-90 minutes is enough. A peculiarity of rabbit is a specific smell. To get rid of it, you can simply soak the meat in water with a few drops of vinegar.
With which you can cook rabbit soup:
• dairy products;
Sometimes rabbit meat is combined with other meat products, such as bacon or sausages. This allows you to improve the taste of the dish, add to its fat content, but also deprives of dietary properties. In the process of cooking all sorts of spices, herbs and sauces are also added. The most fragrant dishes are obtained if the rabbit is pre-fry and then cook the soup according to the recipe.
Recipe 1: Vitamin rabbit soup
Bright and healthy first course that will delight with its taste. For the preparation you need an Italian mixture of vegetables, but you can take fresh ingredients: carrots, peppers, broccoli, corn.
• 500 grams of rabbit;
• 4 potatoes;
• 250 grams of Italian mix;
• 2.5 liters of water;
1. We wash the rabbit meat, fill it with cold water and prepare the broth. Boil for 1.5 hours, while boiling, remove the foam. Ready meat is taken out, cooled, freed from the bones and cut into cubes. Put back into the broth and salt. 2. Clean the potatoes, cut into cubes and run into boiling broth.
3. After 10 minutes, start the frozen Italian mixture and cook until the vegetables are soft. About 10-12 minutes more.
4. Fill the rabbit soup with greens and serve immediately to the table.
Recipe 2: Vermicelli Rabbit Soup with Peas
The recipe for everyday rabbit soup, simple, filling and easy to prepare. Small vermicelli is used, and so that it does not boil soft, you can fry raw products in a frying pan. Vermicelli will turn brown and have a pleasant aroma.
• 2 rabbit legs;
• Bulgarian pepper;
• 100 grams of vermicelli;
• 150 grams of green peas;
• spices, greens;
• garlic clove.
1. Boil rabbit legs until ready. Free the meat from the bone and throw it back into the pot. We salt.
2. Onions and carrots cut into cubes, fry lightly in a pan, add chopped peppers, cook until soft and throw in a saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes.
3. Add green peas, you can take frozen. Cook 2 more minutes.
4. At this time, in a frying pan, in which there were onions with carrots, we quickly fry the noodles. After a minute, it will get a brownish tint, mix well and make sure that the products are not burnt.
5. We send vermicelli in a saucepan, mix.
6. Dress the soup with greens, chopped garlic, served with sour cream.
Recipe 3: Rabbit Soup with Green Lentils
The recipe for rabbit soup, which is great for diet and baby food. If there is no green lentil, then red beans can be used in the same way.
• 400 grams of rabbit;
• glass of lentils;
• 2 onions;
• one potato;
• greens, spices;
• 2 spoons of lemon juice.
1. Fill the rabbit meat with water, then throw the same bulb there. You can not clean, just wash or remove only the upper husk. Cook until done. Then remove the onion, meat parse pieces and cook the soup.
2. Add the lentils, which we preturb well and rinse in water. Boil 10 minutes. 3. Add diced potato. At this stage, the rabbit soup can be salted.
4. Cut the carrot into cubes or straws, onions into cubes. All together we lay in the pan. You can fry vegetables in oil, but then the soup will no longer be dietary. Do as it is convenient.
5. Cook the soup until the ingredients are ready. At the end add more salt, pour in lemon juice, put chopped greens. Give boil and immediately turn off. Insist under the lid a quarter of an hour and serve on the table.
Recipe 4: Mushroom Rabbit Soup with Peas
For the preparation of this soup we will use fresh champignons, but you can also take frozen, forest or dried mushrooms. Pre-thaw them, boil or soak them accordingly.
• 3 potatoes;
• 300 grams of rabbit, but can be more;
• 2.2 liters of water;
• 200 grams of champignons;
• some oil;
• greens, spices, bay leaf.
1. As usual, prepare the broth, when boiling, remove the foam, disassemble the finished meat into pieces. Soup salt.
2. Clean the potatoes, cut into cubes, throw in the pan.
3. Shred the onion with carrots. Fry for a minute in a frying pan.
4. At this time, chop the mushrooms, add the vegetables and fry together until cooked.
5. We shift the mushrooms and vegetables to the soup, if necessary, add more salt and boil the contents for 3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle greens, put a bay leaf and turn off the stove. Give the rabbit soup to brew for half an hour so that the mushrooms will fully reveal their flavor.
Recipe 5: Creamy rabbit cream soup
Delicate dish with a creamy taste. You can take the cream of any fat content.
• 1/2 rabbit carcass;
• 150 grams of cream;
• salt, greens;
• 2 yolks;
• 2 tablespoons of flour.
1. We wash the rabbit, put it in a saucepan with water and boil until soft.
2. Disassemble meat and bones separately, cut a third into strips and remove to the side. The rest must be crushed.
3. Twist the pulp through the meat grinder twice. If there is a powerful blender, then you can grind a rabbit with it. 4. Melt a small piece of butter in a saucepan, fry the flour.
5. In a thin stream pour liter of broth, constantly stir. Cook sauce until neglected, salt.
6. Add mashed rabbit meat, mix. If the soup is thick, you can add more broth, at its discretion.
7. Whip cream with egg yolks and add to soup. Bring to a boil, add spices and turn off.
8. Pour into plates, put a rabbit previously cut into strips, sprinkle with herbs and sample can be removed.
Recipe 6: Bunny Meat Soup with Bacon
To make such a soup, a deep stewpan or cauldron is required. You will also need rabbit pulp, which will need to be chopped. Pieces with stones will not work.
• 200 grams of rabbit;
• 100 grams of bacon;
• some oil;
• small carrot;
• salt, pepper, greens;
• a spoon of flour.
1. Cut the rabbit into cubes, approximately one centimeter. Also cut bacon.
2. Put the meat products in the skillet, first bacon, then, as soon as fat appears, put rabbit meat. Fry all together.
3. Cut the onion into cubes, chop the carrot. Put to meat products, fry together.
4. Add boiling water. It is necessary to cover the level of products by 3-4 cm. Salt soup, cover and cook until cooked.
5. Separately, fry the flour in a pan with butter, dilute with a small amount of soup broth, boil it for half a minute and pour it into a common saucepan.
6. Fill the soup with greens, pepper, turn off.
Recipe 7: Rabbit and Bean Soup with Zucchini
A special feature of this rabbit soup is the pre-marinating of meat in wine. This step makes the meat juicy and unusually aromatic. Instead of zucchini, you can use ordinary zucchini, preferably young, with thin skin and without seeds.
• 700 grams of rabbit;
• 150 ml of wine;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 300 grams of zucchini;
• 2 tomatoes;
• 2 potatoes;
• 400 grams of canned beans, better than white;
• bay leaf, pepper, salt;
• Bell pepper;
• 2 bulb bulbs;
• olive oil. Cooking
1. Cut the rabbit into pieces. Mix with minced garlic and wine. You can use any drink: white, red, pink. Cover and leave for 8 hours, you can overnight.
2. Remove the rabbit from the marinade, dry it with a towel, roll in flour and fry in olive oil until golden brown. We shift to the pan.
3. Onion cut into cubes, also fry in a pan.
4. Add chopped peppers to onions, then chopped tomatoes, it is advisable to remove the skin. Fry everything together and shift to the rabbit.
5. Add peeled and cut into small cubes (1 cm each) potatoes. Also add chopped zucchini.
6. Put the salt, pepper. To taste, you can add saffron, paprika.
7. Fill the soup with water, preferably with boiling water and put it on the stove. The amount of fluid at its discretion. Some people like liquid first courses, some like thick soups, resembling stews.
8. Cook the soup until cooked meat, then add the white beans, greens and turn off.
Recipe 8: Rice Rabbit Soup
For this soup, it is better to use rice with long grains. It keeps its shape better and does not limp in the broth.
• 400 grams of rabbit;
• 2 carrots;
• 2 bulbs;
• 3 potatoes;
• 50 grams of rice;
• spices, oil;
• dried or fresh dill.
1. Put the washed rabbit meat in the saucepan. Throw the onion, peeled and chopped carrot into 4 pieces. Cook for 1.5 hours. If the rabbit is not young, then it can be longer. Focusing on the readiness of meat.
2. We take out vegetables and rabbit. We pick meat from the bones and throw them back into the saucepan, put them on the stove. Soup can be salted.
3. Add the potatoes cut into arbitrary slices, after 3 minutes, washed rice. Cook until done.
4. In the pan, heat up the butter, fry the chopped finely onion.
5. Clean the remaining carrots, chop them on a grater and send them to the onions. Optionally, you can also add parsley root. Fry vegetables until golden.
6. Shift roasting in the pan, bring to a boil, season with spices, greens. If necessary, then add salt. Turn off.
Recipe 9: Rabbit Soup in a Multicooker
The easiest and fastest option of rabbit soup. The basic recipe for vegetable first course, in which you can optionally add any cereals: rice, buckwheat, barley. And if you put more potatoes and pour in some liquid, you get a wonderful roast for a family dinner.
• 400 grams of rabbit;
• 400 grams of potatoes;
1. Cut the rabbit into pieces, send it to the slow cooker. Pour in some butter and fry in baking mode for 15 minutes.
2. Add chopped carrots with onions to the rabbit. The size and shape of the cut do not matter. Cooking for another 10 minutes.
3. Lay the peeled and chopped potatoes, salt, pepper, pour water to the desired density.
4. Close the lid and cook for 1.5 hours extinguishing mode.
Rabbit Soup - Tips and Tricks
• The most delicious and healthy dishes are obtained from young rabbits up to 6 months old. Their meat is light in color. If it is dark pink, closer to red, then the animal is adult.
• In order for the rabbit soup to be transparent, and the meat pieces retain their shape, the dish should not actively boil. Better to cook the soup over low heat.
• If there are doubts about the quality of the meat, it is better to pickle it. Sauces and dressings will make the rabbit more tender, improve the taste and shorten the cooking time.
• Do not leave bay leaves in the soup for a long time. From this dish gets unpleasant taste. It is better to remove the leaf after half an hour after cooking, this time is enough to give the soup a flavor.