Baked goose is a traditional Christmas dish.
The whole carcass looks gorgeous, it turns out very beautiful and fragrant. At the same time preparing the dish is quite easy, it will turn out juicy and soft, if everything is done correctly.
Christmas Goose - General Cooking Principles
In order for the goose to turn out not only beautiful, but also tasty, you need to choose a young bird of small size. A carcass of more than 3 kg is good to cook. The bird should immediately cut off all the fat, as it will go a lot. Then the goose is washed, wiped, rubbed with spices or smeared with marinade. Sometimes the bird is soaked in brine.
Christmas goose is usually stuffed. For filling use apples, oranges, buckwheat or rice porridge. For piquancy, nuts, raisins and other dried fruits can be added. Often the dish is supplemented with potatoes, onions, carrots and other vegetables. Cook the goose in the oven. Usually the process takes from 2 to 3 hours.
Christmas goose recipe with apples
The easiest recipe for cooking Christmas goose with apples in the oven. It is advisable to take care of the bird in advance, soak the carcass in brine for at least 12 hours.
• 1 kg of apples;
• salt, pepper, laurel;
• 1-2 onions;
• 2 tbsp. l oil drain.
1. Wash the carcass. It is advisable to immediately remove excess fat. If there are feathers on the skin, then we pluck, we dazzle.
2. Boil water with salt in a saucepan. For each liter we put 1.5 Art. l We throw pepper pepper, laurel, crumble the onion and turn it off. Cool to cold.
3. Immerse the goose in the marinade, leave overnight. You can withstand the day.
4. We take out the bird, hang it up or put it on the grid, let it flow to the water.
5. Cut apples into large pieces, fill the inside of the carcass, pinch the skin with toothpicks or simply sew up with threads.
6. Top grease the bird with butter. You can add different spices to taste, but not greens. Otherwise, the pieces will burn. 7. We shift the goose in a greased baking sheet back up. Cooking at 180 half an hour.
8. We turn it over, grease it from the pan, leave it in the oven for another hour.
9. We take out the goose, pour over the fat, which was enough to gather in the baking sheet, cover with the top with foil, put in the oven not yet 40-45 minutes.
10. We take out, let the bird lie in foil for another 15-20 minutes. When serving we lay goose around with fresh apples, decorate with greens, sprinkle with cranberries.
Christmas goose with wine, quince and apples
For the preparation of such a Christmas goose will need a deep pan or a large form. The bird will turn out unusually gentle and fragrant. The advantage of the recipe is that the carcass does not need to be pickled in advance.
• 250 g of red wine;
• small goose;
• 1.5 kg of small apples;
• 1 large quince;
• 2 tsp. salts;
• 3 tsp. black pepper or a mixture of different types;
• parsley root, celery, 1 carrot and onion.
1. Rinse the prepared carcass, dry the inside with napkins, rub on all sides with a mixture of salt and black pepper. If the carcass is large, then you can take more salt.
2. Cut the quince and half apples. Thrust in the goose, tightly stuffed is not necessary. Sew a hole with thread.
3. Mix wine with the same amount of water, pour it on a baking sheet.
4. Put the goose on top.
5. Cut onions and carrots, parsley root and celery into large pieces. Mix it all with the remaining apples, quince pieces.
6. Put the cooked mixture around the bird.
7. Put in the oven for half an hour. Cooking a goose at 180.
8. We take out, we overturn. Cook another 30 minutes.
9. From the remaining apples take out the middle. Convenient for this use a special notch.
10. We get a goose, we take a large spoon and pour it abundantly with a mixture of fruit juice, fat and wine, which should be enough at the bottom of the pan.
11. We spread out around the whole apples, slightly drowned. Spoon each of them with the same juices with fat.
12. Now cover the form with foil, prepare another 30 minutes.
13. If you need to fry the bird more, the foil is removed, the temperature is increased to 220 degrees, and the skin is roasted to rosy color.
Christmas goose recipe with oranges
Option very fragrant recipe for Christmas goose. You can dilute part of the citrus filling with a small amount of apples, it will also be delicious.
• 0.8 kg of oranges;
• big lemon;
• 3 tbsp. l honey;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 tbsp. l salt, pepper.
1. On a prepared carcass, make several deep cuts along the breast so that the fat drains. Dry the bird thoroughly with paper towels.
2. Oranges and lemon, wash thoroughly, cut into slices, mix.
3. Combine the salt with pepper and honey, grind. Lubricate the carcass inside and outside cooked sauce.
4. Fill the inside of the goose with fruit, sew the belly.
5. Transfer the bird to a deep pan.
6. Wrap a little foil on the tips of the legs so that the bones do not burn. Top also pull the sheet on the form so that the carcass was completely closed.
7. Put in the oven, prepare the goose for 2.5 hours at 180. Periodically remove the form, gently lift the foil, pour over the bird fat.
8. At the end, remove the foil, the temperature in the oven can be added. Pour grease on the goose and set the dish for another 15-20 minutes to make it brown until brown.
9. We take out, let the bird cool a little, take out the thread.
Christmas goose with potatoes
You can cook not only a Christmas goose, but also a wonderful side dish of potatoes. Such accompaniment is definitely not superfluous. The recipe is very simple, no rare ingredients or complex additions are required.
• goose up to 3 kg;
• 1.5 kg of potatoes;
• 4 apples;
• cumin, salt, pepper.
1. Cut from the carcass all the excess fat, put the pieces on the bottom of a deep form. One big piece is left.
2. Rub the carcass with salt, pepper and cumin.
3. Cut the apples into 4 parts, immediately remove the core. Lay inside the goose, but not tight. Sew a hole.
4. Shift the carcass into shape with pieces of fat.
5. One piece of bacon (it was postponed earlier) is put on the most prominent place that will come into contact with the foil. 6. Stretch the foil. Cooking poultry 2 hours at 180 degrees.
7. Peel the potatoes. If the tubers are very large, then you can cut in half.
8. We take out the form with the goose from the oven, remove the foil. Drain all the fat from the pan.
9. Potatoes salt, pepper, pour 50 ml of the drained fat and mix. Fold the tubers around the goose.
10. Cover the mold with foil again, cook another 40 minutes.
11. In the end, the coating must be removed, redden the potatoes with the goose, adding the temperature in the oven to 200 degrees.
Christmas goose recipe with buckwheat and mushrooms
A chic recipe for a festive Christmas goose with buckwheat porridge. Here, mushrooms are also used for the filling. You can take any.
• goose 2.5-3 kg;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• a glass of buckwheat;
• onion and one carrot;
• 200 g of mushrooms;
• 1 tbsp. l oils;
• 100 g of prunes;
• 100 g of bacon;
1. Goose soak 5-6 hours in salt water, 1.3 spoons are enough per liter. You can not boil the brine. To taste we put spices.
2. Fill a glass of washed buckwheat with 1.5 cups and boiling water, boil the porridge. It will turn out dry, as it should be.
3. Cut the bacon into cubes, put it in a frying pan, fry a little, add carrot onions, cut into large strips.
4. After a minute add boiled mushrooms to the pan. If they are large. Then pre-cut. Lightly fry, season with spices, add garlic and mix with buckwheat.
5. Add prunes to the filling. Before it needs to be soaked, cut in half.
6. Free the soaked carcass from the water, wipe them well with napkins from all sides and fill them with cooked porridge. We sew.
7. Make small incisions along the sternum with a knife so that the fat flows into the pan. Lightly oil the carcass on top.
8. Cover the form with foil, prepare the goose for 2.5 hours at 170 degrees.
Christmas goose from the sleeve
The sleeve is a wonderful device for producing tender and juicy birds, even if the carcass is large. Apples with raisins and nuts are used for the filling of the Christmas goose. Ingredients
• 3 apples;
• 100 g raisins;
• 150 grams of walnuts;
• 1 spoon of honey;
• 2 spoons of soy sauce;
1. Fill raisins with hot water. Give stand.
2. Wash the carcass, wipe, rub with any spices at its discretion.
3. Chop the nuts, but not finely. Mix with pressed raisins.
4. Add the sliced apples into the stuffing, re-stir. Fill the goose with the prepared mass. Sew a hole.
5. Wrap the ends of the legs and wings with foil so that they do not burn.
6. We shift the bird to the sleeve, we tie the edges, we make holes for the release of steam.
7. Put the goose in the oven for 2.5 hours. Cooking at 180.
8. Mix soy sauce and honey.
9. Remove the bird from the oven. Carefully cut the package. Immediately with a large spoon, scoop up the extra fat, which will be quite a lot
10. Add a spoonful of fat to the mixture of soy sauce with honey. With this mass we cover the goose from all sides, as far as possible.
11. Re-put the pan in the oven, add the temperature to 230 degrees. Fry the Christmas goose until golden brown.
Christmas Goose - Tips and Tricks
• In the goose preparation process, a large amount of fat is released. It can be drained in a jar, put in the fridge, then used for any potato dishes, stews, home-made roasts.
• To prevent the foil from touching the goose, a large piece of cut fat should be put on the bulging point.