Casseroles are by no means an invention of domestic kindergarten chefs.
In one form or another, these dishes are present in many national cuisines.
Without trying to adapt other people's recipes, let us take our traditional ones as a basis.
And we have plenty of them!
Casseroles with sausage and cheese - general principles of cooking
• There are no casseroles with sausage and cheese. They are cooked with boiled or raw vegetables, cereals, pasta, cottage cheese and even bread. The recipe of cooking is different, but they all share one thing - they are baked in the oven.
• For casseroles, mostly hard cheeses are used. In a ground form, it is mixed with other products or sprinkled with casserole on top to get a ruddy cheese crust on its surface. Crush cheese with a grater.
• You can take any sausage, either boiled or smoked, as long as it does not contain large pieces of bacon. Cut the sausages according to the recipe, the pieces of sausage are mixed with the main mass or perelazu them.
• Forms with casseroles are put only in a well heated oven and baked for a certain time, at the temperature indicated in the recipe. After baking, the dish is kept in the form for about a quarter of an hour and only after that it is cut into pieces.
• Casseroles with sausage and cheese can be served both for breakfast and for dinner. The dish is quite high in calories and nutritious.
Casserole with sausage and mashed cheese
• a pound of potatoes;
• 200 gr. boiled "Doctor" sausage;
• Kostromskoy cheese - 200 gr .;
• two eggs;
• 30 gr. natural butter;
• a small pinch of nutmeg powder;
• two spoons of white crackers for breading.
1. Peel the potatoes from the peel and boil until tender. Be sure to salt the water, otherwise the casserole will turn out to be fresh. Decorate the broth, add the butter to the potatoes and mash it well with mashed potatoes. 2. Cut the sausage into small-sized cubes or cubes, rub the cheese on a small grater.
3. In the slightly cooled mashed potatoes, break the eggs, pour the cheese chips and sausage pieces. Season everything with nutmeg, add a pinch of ground pepper and mix well.
4. Cover the bottom and sides of the heat-resistant form with a large amount of butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
5. Put potato paste into the mold and gently level the surface with a spoon moistened in water.
6. Heat the oven to a temperature of 160 degrees and put the pan and bake in it for half an hour. The readiness of the dish is checked by puncturing a toothpick.
Pasta Casserole with Sausage and Cheese
• 200 gr. curly pasta;
• 100 gr. smoked sausage type "Cervelat";
• boiled sausage without fat - 150 g;
• 200 gr. ripe red tomatoes;
• cheese, “Russian” - 150 gr .;
• two bulbs;
• two full glasses of cow's milk;
• a teaspoon of 72% butter;
• three spoons of white flour.
1. Dip the pasta in a lightly salted boiling water and boil it. So that the pasta in the casserole keeps its shape well, remove it from the heat without lightly cooking it. Determine the degree of readiness, seemingly macaroni. If the top is already soft, but inside it is rather elastic, you can take it off the fire.
2. Discard the boiled macaroni and rinse in a colander with warm water, mix with melted butter.
3. Slice the tomatoes into thin slices, and both types of sausage - into strips.
4. Spread a small deep mold with soft butter and spread the pasta evenly in it. Top - sausage, mixing both varieties, and on its surface, spread the slices of tomatoes.
5. Whisk whisk the eggs, put them into the milk and mix well with the same whisk. Continuing to mix, gradually pour the flour, while breaking the lumps well, the mass should be homogeneous.
6. Pour the cooked fill into the mold so that it does not reach the edges of the casserole by 1 cm and pour the top of the dish with grated cheese.
7. Baked such a casserole at 200 degrees for no more than 30 minutes.
Simple bread casserole with sausage and cheese
• 300 ml of pasteurized full-fat milk;
• three tablespoons of Dijon mustard;
• 12 slices of white “toaster” bread;
• cheese, Russian varieties - 200 gr .;
• Parmesan cheese - 100 gr .;
• feathers of young onions;
• nine eggs;
• 450 gr. chicken ham or lean sausage.
1. Cut the ham (sausage) in small pieces. “Parmesan” and “Russian” cheese rub in different bowls on the middle grater. Wash onion feathers, wipe dry with a towel and cut into small rings.
2. Break eggs into a bowl, add mustard to them. Pour in half a spoonful of fine salt and a quarter of a spoonful of freshly ground pepper. Beat, add the milk and mix well.
3. Spread six slices of bread on the oiled bottom of the form.
4. Fill a glass for three fourth volumes of ham and evenly distribute it over the bread.
5. Sprinkle a layer of 3/4 cup of crumb from “Russian” cheese on top of the ham layer, and on top with two spoons of “Parmesan”.
6. Cheese layer sprinkle with a third part of green onions and cover with half of the whole egg-milk filling. Then repeat all the layers anew, starting with bread and ending with onion.
7. Pour into the mold the remaining milk-egg mixture, cover with foil and put in the refrigerator.
8. After 8 hours, remove and put the bake in a heated to 175 degrees gas oven for one hour. Do not remove the foil from the form, bake it under it.
9. Let the finished casserole stand for 10 minutes and serve, cut into portions.
Cottage Cheese Casserole with Sausage and Cheese
• low-fat, granular cottage cheese - 300 gr .;
• one raw protein;
• a few slices of boiled sausage;
• small tomato;
• cheese, varieties “Kostroma” or “Russian” - 100 gr .;
• fresh greens - parsley, dill, to taste.
1. Take a small, foil-shaped factory mold that is about the size of a plate and oil it.
2. On the bottom evenly spread the tomatoes cut into rings and sprinkle them with finely chopped greens.
3. Mash cottage cheese well and mix it with a beaten egg, put the mass in the form on the tomatoes, smooth it. 4. Cut the sausage into small slices. Spread the slices of sausage evenly over the cottage cheese and sprinkle with cheese, chopped on a large grater.
5. Put the casserole for 20 minutes in the oven, when heated at 200 degrees.
Rice casserole with sausage and cheese
• a pound of lean boiled sausages;
• three heads of bitter onions;
• 70 gr. smoked sausage;
• cheese, “Dutch” or “Russian” varieties - 80 gr .;
• 200 gr. long grain rice;
• 100 ml low-fat sour cream;
• small carrot - 2 pcs .;
• refined vegetable oil;
• to taste - hop-suneli.
1. Wash the rice with cold water, replacing it several times. Carefully shake off excess moisture, pour 600 ml of cold water into the grits, salt it and put on high heat. As soon as the water boils, stir the rice, reduce the fire to a minimum and cover with a lid. Cook until the grains soften. Drop in a colander and rain until all the broth comes off. Do not rinse.
2. Dip the onion semi-rings into the oil heated in the pan. Add a large carrot straw and fry until light golden brown. Transfer the vegetables to the rice, mix well.
3. Cover the form with parchment, place half of the rice in it. Cut boiled sausage into slices of arbitrary, but not too large size and evenly spread them over rice. Try to keep the sausage pieces snug against each other and leave no gaps.
4. Sprinkle the hop-suneli sausage and evenly level all the remaining rice on top. Over the entire surface, apply a rare sieve mesh and gently spread it with a spoon.
5. Sprinkle with medium-sized smoked sausage straws and cheese grated on a small grater.
6. Bake a rice casserole at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
Vegetable casserole with sausage and cheese
• 300 gr. sausages or boiled sausage;
• five eggs;
• 300 gr. young squash;
• cauliflower - 300 gr .;
• carrot - 300 gr .;
• white ground crackers - 50 gr .;
• fresh greens - dill, parsley; • cheese, varieties “Kostroma” - 200 gr
1. Cut zucchini and carrot into large rings, divide cabbage into florets.
2. Dip the vegetables in lightly salted boiling water and boil for three minutes, then drain in a colander and wait for all the liquid to drain.
3. Chop the greens with a knife, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Rub the cheese on a large grater, and cut the sausages into slices.
4. Cover the inner surface of the form with butter and sprinkle with ground breadcrumbs carefully. Put the blanched vegetables, and on their surface slices of sausages, pour all the eggs.
5. Put the vegetable casserole in a hot oven (200 degrees) and leave in it for a quarter of an hour. Then remove, sprinkle with grated cheese crumb and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Casseroles with sausage and cheese - tips and cooking tips
• Cereals and pasta for casseroles never boil until fully cooked. In order for such products to keep their shape in the casserole well, they must be slightly undercooked. To readiness they reach in the oven.
• To prevent the vegetables from turning into porridge when baking, boil them in lightly salted water in advance for no more than three minutes.
• To make the casserole easily move away from the edges of the mold and not to burn, grease its bottom and sides with butter and sprinkle it well with breadcrumbs.
• For casseroles in which tomatoes are added, try to take fleshy, not watery varieties of tomatoes, or choose seeds from them.
• Hot casserole with sausage and cheese, chopped, preferably hot, until the cheese crust has cooled. Otherwise, it will become harsh, and cut the dish gently will not work.