Marinara is a beautiful name for Italian sauce, coined by sailors.
Once he was preparing for future use, was used for filling pasta, rice, seafood and other dishes. The sauce is truly versatile.
It goes well with meat, fish, poultry, cereals and pasta. In it, you can marinate shish kebabs, use for pouring and baking dishes in the oven. Marinara will be a great addition to any table!
Marinara Sauce - General Cooking Principles
At the heart of the Italian sauce peeled ripe tomatoes. Tomatoes can be used whole, but it is better to remove the skin. Without peel consistency will be homogeneous, and the taste is delicate. For chopping tomatoes, you can use a blender, combine or a conventional meat grinder with small holes. Tomato is boiled on the plate with other ingredients until the mass becomes thick, homogeneous.
What is added to the marinar:
• olive oil;
• garlic, onions and other vegetables;
• natural wine;
As a preservative, salt, sugar, and lemon juice are added to the sauce. Wine will also help to save marinara longer, but it is not in all recipes. Greens are added only during the cooking process, it can be ordinary dry herbs. If you want to add fresh dill, basil or parsley, then they need to chop, boil or throw in the sauce just before use.
The storage time of the sauce depends on the incoming ingredients. If the boiling mass is poured into sterile jars, rolled up, then it will stand perfectly for 12 months in a cool room (basement) or in a refrigerator. If you simply cook the marinara and pour it into a container, it will not last for more than 5 days, you can add vinegar to increase the amount of time, increase the amount of salt, but the taste will suffer.
Classic wine marinara sauce recipe
To make this marinara sauce, you will need a natural grape wine of red color, as well as natural lemon juice. It is better to squeeze it just before cooking from fresh citrus. Ingredients
• 1.5 kg of tomatoes;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 50 ml of wine;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 1 tsp. Italian herbs;
• 15 g sugar;
• 20 ml of olive oil;
• salt, red pepper to taste.
1. Boil a couple of liters of water. We put tomatoes in a bowl, pour boiling water for a minute, rinse with cold water, remove the skin. Peeled tomatoes cut into pieces, along the way we remove the light seal.
2. Twist or chop tomato pulp in the combine. For the time set aside.
3. Cut the garlic. Throw in a saucepan with hot oil, begin to warm up.
4. As soon as the garlic is lightly browned, add the tomato puree. Boil for five minutes.
5. Pour sugar, spread Italian herbs, continue to cook until the sauce is thick.
6. Add wine, salt, warm up for another minute.
7. Add fresh lemon juice, squeezed out of half a citrus, salt.
8. Let the marinara sauce simmer for a few more minutes, season to taste with pepper, cover, let it brew until it cools completely.
Marinara Sauce: Recipe with Balsamic Vinegar and Onions
The recipe for rich marinara sauce, a special taste that gives balsamic vinegar. Natural honey is also added, but it can be replaced with sugar.
• 1 kg of tomatoes;
• 2 onions;
• 1 tbsp. l honey;
• 2 tbsp. l balsamic vinegar;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 4 spoons of olive oil;
• oregano, laurel, pepper, any spices.
1. Heat olive oil, add garlic cloves, cut in half, fry for a minute, discard.
2. Add chopped onion, sauté until transparent. Cut tomatoes into quarters, add to onions.
3. Pour in water, cover, float on low heat for about half an hour. Vegetables cool.
4. Rub the onions and tomatoes through a metal sieve. Gently mash again put on fire.
5. Now add spices to the sauce, put salt and pepper, pour in balsamic vinegar, add natural honey. Boil over low heat, stirring occasionally. 6. As soon as the sauce becomes homogeneous and rather thick, put the bay leaf, turn it off. Ten minutes later, the laurel must be removed so that the bitterness does not pass into the dish. Cool the sauce.
Marinara sauce (recipe with baked peppers)
A variant of the very fragrant marinara sauce, the recipe of which is well known in Italy. For preparation it is best to use large, ripe, fleshy red peppers.
• 6 tomatoes;
• 5 large peppers;
• 2 tbsp. l oils;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 2 tbsp. l lemon juice;
• 0.3 tsp. black pepper;
• 0.5 tsp. oregano;
1. Brush the washed, dried peppers with olive oil, put on a wire rack in the oven, bake until brown crust at 200 degrees. You can use the grill.
2. Remove peel from baked peppers, remove seeds, and put pulp in a blender bowl.
3. Scald the tomatoes, remove the skin from them, cut the pulp, add to the pepper. Grind. If there is no blender, then for this purpose you can use an ordinary meat grinder. Wish you can grind the pod of hot pepper at the same time.
4. Fry chopped garlic cloves in butter, add chopped vegetables, cook for twenty minutes under the lid. If the sauce turns out to be liquid, then open the saucepan, evaporate the water.
5. Put the spices, pour in lemon juice at the very end of cooking marinara. Do not forget to make a control sample, if necessary, add salt.
Marinara Sauce: Recipe from Green Tomatoes
Another Italian recipe for marinara sauce, which is made from green or just unripe tomatoes, will differ in taste and color in each case.
• 2 kg of tomatoes;
• 0.15 kg of onions;
• 5 cloves of garlic;
• 2 small carrots;
• 35 ml of lemon juice;
• 20 ml of olive oil;
• 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
• salt pepper;
• 150 ml of water.
1. Cut the onion into cubes, just rub the carrot. Putting vegetables in a saucepan with hot oil, but do not fry. Cook over moderate heat until soft. Then cooled vegetables are slightly cooled. 2. Twist the tomatoes and chop the prepared onions with carrots.
3. Peel the garlic, it can also be minced with other ingredients.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan, add sugar, put marinara on the stove. Cook at low boil for about half an hour.
5. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon, measure out the right amount of juice, send it to the sauce. At the same stage, put in it salt, black and red pepper, chopped greens.
6. Mix everything thoroughly, cook for another ten minutes. Make a control sample, if the taste suits, then turn off the sauce. Cool, use as intended.
Marinara sauce: recipe of pasta with apples
To make this sauce, you will need tomato paste or twisted sauce. No need to use a concentrate, better boiled puree. Also need apples, it is desirable to use green varieties.
• 300 g of tomato paste;
• 2 apples;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 onion;
• 20 ml of oil;
• 1 small carrot;
• greens, seasonings;
• 1 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar.
1. Pour the oil into a saucepan or pan, which has a good lid. We put on fire.
2. We cut onions, we spread. After a minute, throw garlic, fry a little more.
3. We clean the apples from the skin, cut into slices, bypassing the core with seeds. Throw in the onions with garlic, add a small grated carrot. But you can cook without it.
4. Make a small fire, cover, extinguish everything together until soft, no need to add liquid.
5. Puree apples with vegetables, add tomato paste. If it is very thick, then you can pour in some water.
6. Put the sauce to boil, put the vinegar, pepper and salt. Boil for about ten minutes, adjust the water consistency.
Marinara Sauce: Recipe from Tomatoes in Your Juice
Another interesting sauce recipe, in which you can do without fresh tomatoes. From tomatoes in its juice, the dish turns out very bright, tasty. In addition, they are already cleared of skins.
• 1 liter of tomatoes in juice; • 1 onion;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 30 ml of olive oil;
• 1 tsp. mixtures of Italian herbs;
• 0.2 tsp. red pepper;
• 1.5 Art. l lemon juice.
1. Cut the onion into cubes, chop the garlic. Pour the oil in a saucepan or in a small frying pan, put the vegetables, simmer until soft, about ten minutes. We do it on a small fire. If the pieces begin to fry quickly, then you can cover.
2. Combine onions with tomatoes in our juice, grind everything together with a dipping blender.
3. We put on the stove, boil the sauce until thick, the consistency should resemble ketchup of average thickness.
4. We taste it, because the tomatoes already contain salt, perhaps there is vinegar. Add spices to taste, put lemon juice, mix well.
5. Give me a minute and turn it off. Cool the sauce.
Marinara Sauce - Tips and Tricks
• Boil the sauce preferably in a bowl with a thick bottom, you can take a good saucepan or stew pan.
• It must be remembered that a tomato can burn. It is important to stir the mass regularly, it is advisable to use a wooden spatula or a spoon for this.
• Sailors added not only wine, but other spirits to the marinar. No need to worry about alcohol in the dish, while cooking it will completely evaporate.
• Not all people love garlic, at the request of its quantities can be reduced or simply fry the cloves in oil, then discarded. Conversely, if desired, the amount of garlic can be increased, the marinara will become sharper, more interesting in taste.
• To make the sauce not moldy during storage, you can sprinkle it with mustard powder on top or pour it with natural olive oil.