Solyanka - simple and national team are certainly present in the classic restaurant menu, they differ significantly from both other soups and from each other.
How to prepare a hodgepodge at home?
Yes, it is not so difficult, rather difficulties are added by the selection of products.
Without the ability to collect everything you need and of excellent quality, it is better to choose a simpler recipe.
The hodgepodge additionally requires not only a variety of meat components, but also high-quality smoked products. Be sure to approach with special attention to their choice, in any case are not suitable for those who prepared with the use of liquid smoke, choose only natural products.
General principles of making hodgepodge at home
• At home, a hodgepodge is prepared in broths made from various types of meat for bone, poultry, fish, by-products and mushroom broth. You can also make a hodgepodge without using broth, in which case it will turn out to be less saturated.
• Solyanka differs from other soups not only in the composition of the garnish, but also in the complex, rich flavor of these soups, with which capers, circles of lemons and olives saturate it.
• The constant components of any hodgepodge are onions, tomato paste, cucumbers, olives or olives and lemons, which in most cases are added to the already prepared dish when serving to the table.
• Onions are crushed with a knife into small pieces and passer in oil until transparent.
• Cucumbers are also crushed, after removing the coarse skin and choosing seeds, young cucumbers do not need such a procedure. Then they are added to onions and sprinkled along with tomato paste, but not for long, not more than two minutes.
• After, the dressing prepared in this way is dipped into broth or mushroom broth and the homemade hodgepodge is brought to readiness.
• Meat ingredients and mushrooms lay in sliced straws, and the fish - in small pieces.
• Serve a hodgepodge served with lemon and black olives cut into thin ringlets, which can also be cut into ringlets. • Served with tucked sour cream, sprinkled with greens, you can also serve sour cream in a separate saucepan.
How to make a hodgepodge at home using a classic recipe
• 900 grams of beef on the bone;
• 300 grams of smoked ribs;
• 200 grams of boiled, juicy ham;
• 250 grams of smoked sausage;
• two sweet bulbs, better than white;
• four salted, not sharp, not sour cucumbers;
• 100 grams of olives;
• 60 grams of capers;
• two tables. spoons of tomato (pasta, mashed potatoes, non-acidic, spicy ketchup);
• table. spoon of ghee;
• 50 ml of purified vegetable oil;
• two leaves of dry lavrushka;
• four peas allspice.
1. Beef, rinse thoroughly under water, removing the remaining small bones and excess film, smoked ribs and also wash and lightly scrape with a knife.
2. Pour over the ribs and meat 3 liters. boiled, or filtered water, and put the future broth on a moderate heat to boil. On boiling water, remove the risen var, dip the onion in the broth. Reduce heat so that the water in the pot does not boil intensively, and continue cooking for two hours. Twenty minutes before the end of cooking, put lavrushka and peas of allspice.
3. Remove the meat from the prepared broth, cool it and, separating it from the bones, cut it into strips. Also cut the ham and smoked sausage.
4. Strain on a very “thin” sieve stock, while removing the spices and onions.
5. In pickled cucumbers, cut off the tips, chop them as thin as possible and transfer them to the pan. Add a few spoonfuls of broth and simmer on low heat.
6. After seven minutes, transfer the steamed cucumbers to the pan with the broth and continue cooking with medium heat.
7. Save the onion cut into small half-rings in cleaned vegetable oil with melted, tender to amber color. Add tomato paste, stir quickly and fry for another two minutes. Then, transfer the cooked fry to the pan, lower the meat components cut into strips, add the olives, if desired, capers, to your own salt and, having stirred well, cook for another ten minutes. 8. Turn off the heat and let the soup stand for a while (about ten minutes).
9. Spread on plates, decorate each with a slice of lemon and chopped fresh herbs. Serve sour cream in a separate saucepan.
How to make a hodgepodge at home on a special fish broth
Ingredients for eight servings:
• 500 grams of fresh small fish;
• 400 grams of smoked pink salmon;
• 300 grams of fresh mackerel;
• 200 grams of salted salmon;
• two small onions;
• medium sized carrot;
• one ripe tomato;
• four salted small cask cucumbers;
• 100 grams of black olives;
• three feathers of green onions;
• five sprigs of fresh parsley;
• three bay leaves;
• Ten black peppercorns.
1. Clean and rinse small fish under running water. Pour 2.5 liters. of purified water, add the onion, whole carrots, peppercorns, bay leaves and boil over high heat.
2. In the process of boiling, constantly remove the formed var, only in this case, the broth will turn out transparent.
3. After the broth begins to boil, reduce the heat and allow to boil with a minimum boil for another fifteen minutes.
4. Then remove the pan from the stove and strain. Then you only need broth, and small fish can just be eaten. Throw out the boiled vegetables and spices.
5. Cut the remaining onion into half rings and save it, while pouring oil into the pan approximately two millimeters above the bottom.
6. Add a peeled tomato to the onions, cut into small pieces, stir and cover with a lid, simmer over low heat.
7. When the tomato slices are softened and disperse around the onion in the form of a homogeneous mass, pour the cucumbers into thin strips. Well stir everything up, add the fire and fry for about two more minutes.
8. Cover the pan with the lid and turn off the stove.
9. In boiling broth lay sliced fresh mackerel fillets cut into small slices. Boil again, remove the resulting pitch and, covered with a lid, boil the fish over low heat for five minutes.
10. Then report the smoked salmon and salted salmon sliced in the same way, add the broiler, lower the olives, stir and bring the hodgepodge to the boil. 11. After that, cover again and cook for a few minutes with a slight boil.
12. Try the soup and, if necessary, add salt, chop the parsley and chop the saltwort for three more minutes, turn off the heat.
13. Serve, sprinkling with finely chopped green onions, dropping a circle of lemon into each plate.
“Mushroom Autumn”. How to prepare a hodgepodge at home with mushrooms
• 500 grams of dry mushrooms, preferably white;
• 100 grams of salty mushrooms, sweet;
• 120 grams of pickled mushrooms;
• 80 grams of fresh small champignons;
• two small barrel cucumbers;
• small carrot;
• sweet onion;
• two garlic cloves;
• 30 grams of tomato paste;
• nine pitted olives;
• seven olives;
• table. spoon of capers;
• 60 ml of cucumber brine;
• Lavrushka - 2 leaves;
• one small chili pepper;
• small spoon of granulated sugar;
• two sprigs of fresh dill;
• three feathers of green onions;
• sprig of parsley.
1. Dry the mushrooms, sort out, removing the crumb, rinse and soak in cold water for twenty minutes, you can not do this, but then the broth will need to cook a little longer.
2. Pour the soaked dry mushrooms with 2 liters of boiled, non-hot water and boil the broth. It will take about forty minutes.
3. While he is boiling, prepare a dressing for the soups. In refined vegetable oil, fry until tender, finely chopped onion with garlic and coarsely grated carrot. It will be much tastier if you add a little cream to the vegetable oil.
4. Add the tomato, cucumbers, grated coarsely on a grater and, topping up the cucumber pickle, simmer, constantly stirring with a spoon, for fifteen minutes.
5. Strain the mushroom broth, as the fungus can get residues, and cut the mushrooms themselves into small strips.
6. Put the chopped them in the broth, add fresh, marinated and salted mushrooms, cut in the same way. Boil, periodically removing the foam, twenty minutes.
7. Add dressing, whole pitted olives, olives and sliced capers. Stir, remove the sample and add sugar and salt to your taste, put bay leaf. 8. Pour the finely chopped greens and beat on low heat for two minutes.
9. Serve with lemon and fat sour cream.
Hodgepodge prepared at home with sausage
• 200 grams of boiled sausage without bacon;
• five hunting sausages;
• one carrot;
• two red onions;
• a full tablespoon of tomato;
• four large pickled cucumbers;
• potato tubers, 8 pcs. medium size;
• 90 grams of pitted olives;
• spices and salt to taste.
1. Peeled and peeled, cut the potatoes into small pieces, dip it in boiling broth or water and cook until ready. This amount of food will require three liters of liquid.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, in a pan in any kind of butter (cream or sunflower), place the onion half rings and the carrot, chopped finely into straws, to be browned.
3. When the vegetables are cooked, they will soften, add the chopped finely pickled cucumbers, mix, put the tomato paste and again everything, stir it carefully, cook the dressing for no more than four minutes.
4. Transfer the vegetables spattered in tomato into the pan with the prepared potatoes, stir well and remove the sample. Salt and pepper if necessary. You can use any not very sharp spices.
5. Cut boiled sausage with short straws, and hunting sausages with rings and put everything in a saucepan.
6. Add olives and thin lemon rings. If you have pitted olives, you can cut them into rings.
7. Soak the hodgepodge at a minimum of about a minute.
How to make a hodgepodge at home from by-products
• 100 grams of beef tongue;
• 100 grams of beef heart;
• 120 grams of beef kidneys;
• 100 grams of udder (optional, can be excluded by slightly increasing the weight of other meat products);
• 400 grams of meat per bone;
• small onion;
• two cucumbers, salted;
• a small spoon of capers;
• five olives;
• unsalted butter;
• table. tomato spoon (pasta, mashed potatoes, thick non-sharp ketchup); • a bunch of fresh juicy greens;
• pepper (crushed peas before adding);
• Lavrushka to taste.
1. Rinse all the meat components under the tap, cutting off the film and, filling with two liters of water, boil a rich broth. Do not forget to remove from the surface of the broth formed during boiling foam. Boil the broth should be until complete readiness of all offal.
2. Strain the finished meat broth, after removing the meat from it.
3. Return the strained broth to the pan and cool the cooked offal and cut it into small pieces, cut it into small pieces.
4. In the salt butter melted in the pan, save the chopped onion. Fry the onions should be no more than five minutes, constantly stirring, so as not to burn.
5. Add tomato paste, stir and cook another four minutes over medium heat.
6. From pickles, remove the peel, select the seeds and cut into thin strips.
7. Put onion, ground capers, cucumbers and spices in a pan with offal. Bring to a boil and, turning down the heat, cook for ten minutes.
8. When pouring in portions of deep plates, put in each of 3-4 olives, half a circle of lemon and sour cream. Sprinkle with greens on top.
How is the hodgepodge prepared at home, in the slow cooker
• 700 grams of pork, ribs;
• 200 grams of smoked sausage;
• three wieners;
• two pickled cucumbers;
• 60 grams of pitted olives;
• two small sweet onions;
• small carrot;
• pepper peppermint;
• 2 full table. spoons of tomato, no slides, or a glass of tomato juice.
1. Put the processed meat into the bowl of the multicooker and cook with 2 liters of water for 2 hours by setting the “Quenching” mode on the processor.
2. Cool the cooked meat and cut into strips, and pour the broth through gauze into a separate container.
3. Wipe the cooking container dry and pour vegetable oil into it. We put onion cut into medium-sized slices and a carrot, chopped into thin strips, chopped Bulgarian pepper and pass to rosy, setting the processor mode to “Frying”. 4. Add medium-sized slices of pickled cucumbers, tomato paste, diluted with two tablespoons of water or broth and, stirring well, continue to cook for another five minutes.
5. Pour the previously cooked broth to the vegetables, dip the meat, sliced sausages into the straws and cook with the “Stew” mode selected in the menu for fifteen minutes.
6. Add olives, cut into thin rings, if desired, you can put laurel, spices, fresh greens, if necessary, dosolit. Close the lid and let the broth sit for five minutes.
Hodgepodge at home from poultry with champignons
• half chicken carcass;
• 200 grams of chicken ventricles;
• smoked thigh, chicken;
• 200 grams of champignons;
• 120 grams of olives, better seedless;
• two salt barrel cucumbers, medium size;
• table. spoon, no slides, tomatoes (mashed potatoes, pasta, thick, ketchup);
• a leaf of laurel, two sprigs of dill;
• “chicken” bouillon cube;
1. Prepare broth from half chicken, thigh and ventricles.
2. Remove the navels and meat, and, after cooling, cut into thin straws.
3. Grind fresh mushrooms in the same way.
4. In the purified vegetable oil, save the onion, chopped into small pieces.
5. Combine the browned onions with the cucumbers cut into small pieces, add the tomato puree diluted in two tablespoons of broth and simmer the vegetables in it for about two minutes.
6. In the chicken broth, lower the chopped meat, sliced champignons, vegetables spiced with the addition of tomato.
7. Dissolve the bouillon cube in half a cup of hot water or ready-made broth, pour it into the main container.
8. Bring to a boil and, turning down the heat to a minimum, boil for seven minutes.
9. Add spices to your taste, bay leaf, olives, finely chopped dill and keep the hodgepodge on low heat for another three minutes. Salt if necessary.
Useful tips on how to prepare a hodgepodge at home tasty and fast
• If, when cooking a fish hodgepodge, small fish, from which the broth is prepared, is not cleared of scales, then the hodgepodge will be more saturated. Be sure to carefully, maybe even with the use of a concentrated solution of salt, wash the fish from mucus! • When cooking a mushroom hodgepodge at home, scroll the dried mushrooms through a meat grinder after boiling, then fry them with onions and then lay them in the broth. In this case, the mushrooms will further saturate the finished dish with its flavor.
• Before cooking, by-products, especially the kidneys and the heart, it is necessary to soak 4-4.5 hours with cold water. Water is periodically mixed and replaced with strong redness. During maceration, the remnants of blood clots will leave the muscle tissue of the heart, and the kidneys will not have a specific smell after treatment. Of course, the kidneys are soaked separately, be sure to cut them in two or immediately to the desired size of the pieces.
• If you cook a hodgepodge with potatoes, then vegetables sprinkled with tomato and pickles are added only after the potatoes are ready. If the filling is introduced earlier, the potatoes will not have time to boil and will be solid.