Pie with cabbage and onions is an example of universal baking. This cake can be served for breakfast with a cup of coffee, afternoon tea or dinner. It will be appropriate even for a walk with a picnic in the park with the children.
Such baking turns out to be very nourishing and high-calorie, so with dietary meals, you need to eat it in small quantities. It is interesting that for the filling you can take different types of cabbage: white cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels or Peking. Before you extinguish it, fry it, boil it in water or, as in the case of Peking cabbage, use fresh, raw. Due to this, you can reduce the amount of fat in the finished cake.
Stuffing from cabbage and onions is perfect for yeast dough, and for fresh and even liquid aspic. The shape of the cake can also be changed, for example, by preparing one large cake in a detachable form or stick a lot of small pies on one tooth. A closed or beautifully decorated open cake will always delight you with its unique taste and aroma!
Cabbage Pie (step-by-step recipe) - general cooking principles
Choosing white cabbage need to pay attention to its leaves. They should be elastic and tight. The head itself must be free from dark spots, cracks and unpleasant smell. The optimal weight of cabbage, not oversaturated with nitrates, will be not less than a kilogram. On the cut, the heading should be white with no black dots.
Brussels sprouts need to choose a bright green color and preferably small in size. They should not be dark spots and yellowness. Longer stored product that is sold with a branch. Beijing cabbage is better to choose with elastic leaves and without any damage and stains.
For the dough, flour must be taken in a high grade, which must be sieved. All other dairy products (milk, butter, sour cream) must be fresh and proven brands. Ready yeast dough must be removed for two hours in a warm place. During this time, a couple of times it will need to be remembered again. It should increase several times. With this dough, the cake is lush and tender. Unleavened dough will also need to be removed to “ripen”. A quarter of an hour is enough for that.
Cabbage pie with yeast dough onions: a step-by-step recipe
• 500 g of wheat flour;
• 100 g of granulated sugar;
• 80 g butter;
• 180 ml of milk;
• two chicken eggs;
• a pinch of salt;
• 11 g (bag) of dry high-speed yeast.
• 600 g white cabbage;
• 100 g onion;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil;
• salt to taste;
• to taste ground pepper.
1. Step-by-step recipe for a pie with cabbage begin cooking dough. To do this, pour the milk into the pan.
2. Put it on the fire and heat the milk a little.
3. Remove the pan from the stove.
4. Add to the milk soft butter, sugar, a pinch of salt and one egg.
5. Mix everything with a whisk or hands.
6. Add dry yeast to the liquid mass of the products. Stir until dissolved.
7. Sift the wheat flour.
8. Half of the flour immediately fall asleep in a pan with liquid ingredients.
9. Knead the dough with your hands.
10. Then pour the second half of the flour on the table.
11. There we pour out the batter from the pan.
12. Combining with flour, all mnem and knead elastic dough.
13. Put the resulting clump of dough in a clean bowl.
14. Cover it with a towel or cling film.
15. Put the dough in a warm place without a draft “ripen”.
16. In the meantime, there is time for making the filling. White cabbage we clean from dry unsuitable leaves.
17. Selected cabbage leaves rinsed with water.
18. Finely chop the cabbage with a sharp knife on the cutting board. This can also be done using a food processor.
19. Onions cleaned from dry skin. Flush the heads under running water.
20. Finely cut onions. First, divide it into halves, then cut along the fibers into half rings, and then cut against the fibers into small cubes. 21. Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan.
22. We put on a slow fire.
23. Spread cabbage and onions in a saucepan.
24. Cover with a lid and do not touch for 2-3 minutes.
25. Then mix the cabbage gently.
26. Again, close the lid to extinguish.
27. In the meantime, you can return to the test. It rose a little. Hand pissed him to the bottom of the bowl.
28. Again close the dough with a film to continue the fermentation of yeast.
29. In the meantime, cabbage can still be salted and pepper.
30. Mix our cabbage stuffing. Cabbage should be half cooked.
31. When the whole cabbage juice is evaporated, fry the filling for 1-2 minutes.
32. Remove the stewpan with cabbage and onions from the stove and set to cool.
33. In the meantime, the dough has once again risen. Now we take it out on the table.
34. Divide the dough into two parts. One part will go to the bottom of the cake, it should be a little more than the second.
35. Baking tray lay out baking paper. You can additionally smear with vegetable oil to prevent the cake from sticking.
36. Most of the dough, not rolling, lay out on paper.
37. Hands distribute the dough over the surface of the pan evenly. The sides are not needed here.
38. Put a little cold filling on the dough.
39. The second part of the test can be a little roll out with a rolling pin. To the upper coating of the cake was uniform in thickness.
40. Cover the cake with dough. From the sides we pinch the dough beautifully.
41. In the center of the pie make a hole for steam. Just cut a hole in the top layer of dough with a knife. You can beautifully draw this hole by twisting its edges out.
42. The remaining egg, pre-beaten until homogeneous mass, grease the top of the cake.
43. Leave the baking sheet on the table for 12-15 minutes.
44. Turn on the oven at 200 ° C.
45. Put the cake in it.
46. Bake about 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top of the pie.
47. In a step-by-step recipe, a cooked cabbage pie should be airy and very tender.
Cabbage pie with green onions and unleavened cheese: a step-by-step recipe
• a pound of wheat flour;
• 200 ml sour cream of any fat content;
• two chicken eggs;
• baking powder bag for dough;
• 100 g of granulated sugar;
• a pinch of salt;
• 60 g butter;
• 300 g Brussels cabbage (if desired, you can substitute Peking);
• bunch of green onion feathers;
• 30 ml of sunflower oil;
• 100 g of hard cheese.
1. In a bowl for kneading dough break two eggs.
2. Add sugar, sour cream and softened butter.
3. Fill with salt.
4. All components are thoroughly mixed to a homogeneous structure. This can be done manually or with a whisk.
5. Separately mix flour and baking powder.
6. Sift the flour mixture through a sieve on a clean and dry table.
7. In the center of the flour make a groove, similar to the crater of a volcano.
8. Pour sour cream mixture into this groove.
9. With quick hand movements we collect flour from the edges to the center.
10. Knead the dough.
11. Remove the finished dough in any bowl and cover with film. In 10-15 minutes it will “ripen”.
12. For the filling, rinse the cabbage and onions with water.
13. Finely chop on the cutting board first cabbage in the form of straw.
14. Then shred the green onion in small rings.
15. Pour vegetable oil into the pan.
16. We put it on a slow fire.
17. Shift cabbage into the frying pan.
18. Cover with a lid and stew. If Peking cabbage is used, it does not need to be pre-cooked. And finely chopped, you can immediately lay on the dough, laying out the filling.
19. After a few minutes, stir the cabbage and simmer further until soft. Now you can add spices to cabbage. Salt is not necessary, otherwise, along with brackish cheese, the filling will be salty.
20. Then remove the pan from the stove and cool.
21. Divide the dough into two parts (3/4 and 1/4).
22. One piece roll out with a rolling pin (not thin).
23. We spread the layer of dough on a pre-greased and lined baking sheet baking paper. 24. Hands trim the edges of the test, form the bumpers.
25. Put the stewed cabbage on a layer of dough.
26. Sprinkle with green onions.
27. We rub cheese on a fine grater directly on a stuffing from cabbage and onions.
28. We try to distribute the cheese evenly.
29. On the table, roll out the second layer of dough with a rolling pin. This layer should be thinner than the first.
30. We cut the rolled layer into strips approximately equal in width with a table or figure knife.
31. With these strips we form a pattern on the top of the cake (you can make a grid).
32. Then fold the sides a little inwards so that the filling does not fall out.
33. On the edge of the cake, too, we lay a strip of dough.
34. Put the cake in a preheated oven (at 200 ° C) for 30-40 minutes.
35. When it is covered with a uniform blush, the pie with cabbage and cheese is ready. Step-by-step recipe now assumes only cool baked goods before use.
Cabbage Pie (step-by-step recipe) - Tricks and tips
• To make the cabbage juicy and soft, you can add a small piece of butter during frying.
• Before you send a pan with cooked cake in the oven, it is advisable to leave it for a quarter of an hour at room temperature. So the dough rises a little more and will be airy.
• To make the cake beautiful and ruddy, it can be smeared with a beaten egg before it goes into the oven.
• In order for the cake not to be wet and viscous, after cooking it needs to infuse for a few minutes.