There are many recipes for garlic appetizers. Eggplant rolls in Georgian - a delicious garlic snack, served chilled.
It is easy and very easy to prepare. A lot never happens, and most importantly - the dish is tasty and healthy.
Georgian Eggplant Rolls - General Cooking Principles
• Rolls rolled up from fried eggplant flat, roasted or baked or blanched.
• Vegetable cut along, thin, half-centimeter thickness, strips and pull bitterness out of them. To do this, chopped “blue” is soaked in cold saline solution or kept under light weight, sprinkled with salt.
• Before frying, the strips are well washed from the remaining salt and bitterness, and then dried thoroughly, so that moisture does not get into the hot oil.
• Traditionally, eggplant rolls for Georgian are made from walnuts, garlic and greens. It may be thick or pasty. Thick spread on the edge of the fried strips of vegetable, and paste is applied on them in a thin layer, then rolled up to the very end.
• Moisturize nutty filling with vinegar, pomegranate juice, boiled water, mayonnaise or sour cream. For juiciness, add fried onion or roll up rolls with slices of tomatoes.
• Eggplant rolls in Georgian can be cooked without nuts, replacing them with cheese mixed with boiled eggs.
• Snack dish is served chilled, after half an hour of keeping in the refrigerator or just cooled at room temperature.
Georgian Eggplant Rolls with Fried Onion
• three medium eggplants;
• half a cup of shelled walnuts;
• table 9% vinegar - 1/4 tsp;
• large clove of garlic;
• bitter onion head;
• refined vegetable oil;
• a small bunch of fresh dill or cilantro;
1. Place the sliced eggplant plates in a colander, pouring salt, and leave for half an hour. So that they do not absorb the back bitterness, be sure to install a colander on a deep bowl of smaller diameter. After that, rinse well with water and pat dry with a towel. 2. Shred the bulb into small cubes.
3. Pour a couple of tablespoons of oil into a frying pan and warm it well over low heat, add the onion and fry it until golden brown. Mixing, make sure not to burn.
4. Heat a little refined oil in a clean skillet and fry the eggplants on it, two minutes on each side. To reduce the calorie content of the dish, you can not add oil.
5. When removing from the pan, add the blue ones to the bowl. During the frying of the whole portion, they will cool slightly, the rind taken with a hard crust will soften and it will be rather easy to roll the rolls.
6. Put the nuts in a deep bowl, chop blender. Add the fried onions, finely chopped greens and garlic. Pour in vinegar, it can be replaced with lemon juice, add hops-suneli. Salt lightly, add some drinking water and bring to a pasty consistency, interrupting with a blender. If the paste turns out to be too thick, dilute it with some water.
7. On the edges of the fried eggplant strips, put a spoonful of the filling and roll all the rolls.
Eggplant rolls in Georgian with pomegranate juice
• small eggplants - 3 pcs .;
• 200 gr. peeled walnuts;
• a small handful of pomegranate seeds;
• olive oil;
• two spoons of pomegranate juice;
• 100 gr. green cilantro.
1. In two liters of water, dissolve, stirring, a couple of tablespoons of coarse salt and dip the “blue” slices into longitudinal slices in saline solution.
2. After two hours, fold the strips into a colander and allow the moisture to drain well, but do not squeeze.
3. Dried eggplants should be well greased on both sides with olive oil, spread on the grill, and set to bake for 10 minutes in a heated oven to 180 degrees.
4. In order to “blue” bake evenly, set the grill to about the middle level. Do not wait for the formation of crisp crust, as soon as the flesh is soft, reach out.
5. Cilantro wash well and dry, spreading on a cloth napkin.
6. Walnut kernels pass through the finest grate in a meat grinder. Add the chopped garlic, finely chopped cilantro and pomegranate juice, mix. Salted, you can add red hot pepper. 7. Put the prepared stuffing, poddety portions of a teaspoon, put on the edges of the cooled eggplant and twist them.
8. Gently spread the rolls on a flat dish and place a few pomegranate seeds on top of each.
Georgian Eggplant Rolls with Cheese
• two medium eggplants;
• 60 gr. any hard cheese;
• acute adzhika “In Georgian” - 0.5 tsp;
• 50 gr. low fat mayonnaise;
• a few sprigs of fresh parsley;
• high quality vegetable oil;
• walnut kernels - 70 gr.
1. Throw in thin long strips of eggplant with salt, and leave for half an hour, laying out in a colander. Be sure to place a small load on top so that the bitterness will come off faster and better. Then thoroughly rinse and dry well from moisture, otherwise the oil will splash when roasting.
2. Fry the dried plates in a small amount of red-hot vegetable oil from both sides. Do not overcook, remove as soon as they become moderately soft, and immediately lay out on a disposable towel.
3. On a fine grater rub cheese. Mix the cheese crumb with crushed garlic, chopped nuts in a meat grinder. Add mayonnaise and mix the nut filling well.
4. Fry eggplant plates on one side, grease with adzhika, put a little filling on the edge and roll in the form of rolls.
5. Put the finished products on a dish, sprinkle with chopped parsley and let stand for 20 minutes. After that, serve.
Eggplant rolls in Georgian with nut paste and tomatoes
• four small eggplants;
• five stems of dill and the same cilantro;
• garlic head;
• walnut kernels - 1 tbsp .;
• sour cream 20% fat - 320 gr .;
• non-aromatic sunflower oil;
• four medium-sized tomatoes.
1. Bake in the oven or lightly fry in a frying pan, in butter, cut into long, thin strips of eggplants.
2. Pre-remove bitterness from them by soaking the plates in salty water. Put two tablespoons of salt into two liters of water.
3. Finely chop the dill with parsley with a knife, combine. Finely scrub the garlic, grate it with salt and add to the chopped greens. 4. Put the nuts crushed in a coffee grinder, sour cream and mix thoroughly.
5. Cut the tomatoes into medium-sized, thin slices. It is best to take fleshy tomatoes with the least amount of seeds.
6. Chilled “blue” lightly sprinkle with salt, put on the plates with a thin layer of nut paste and let rest for a quarter of an hour.
7. After that, place a slice of tomato on the edge of each strip and wrap.
8. Serve, gently spreading on a large serving plate, sprinkled with chopped greens on top.
Fried eggplant rolls in Georgian with cheese and eggs
• two eggplants;
• two boiled and one raw egg;
• lightly salted cheese - 150 gr.;
• half a cup of 20% sour cream;
• garlic - to taste;
• wheat flour - 2 tbsp. l .;
• lean, chilled oil.
1. Boil long eggplant slices in lightly brackish water for three minutes, cool and dry.
2. In a deep bowl, on a medium or fine grater, rub the boiled eggs and cheese. Add crushed garlic, finely chopped parsley and raw egg yolk, mix.
3. On the dried plates of vegetables from one side put a little filling, roll up. Fold the resulting rolls with a toothpick and leave the product for 10 minutes.
4. Carefully, so as not to unfold, remove the toothpicks and dip the products in the whipped protein. Then roll in flour and fry on each side, cool.
5. Mix sour cream with garlic, chopped on a fine grater. After cooling, put the dish in a large plate, and pour over the cooked garlic sauce.
Traditional eggplant rolls in Georgian with nuts and cheese
• 150 gr. lightly salted cheese;
• small “blue” - 2 pcs .;
• large clove of garlic;
• two tablespoons of sour cream or mayonnaise;
• ten nut kernels;
• a small bunch of basil;
• olive or non-aromatic vegetable oil.
1. Cut the eggplants lengthwise, into strips no thicker than half a centimeter. Soak them for two hours in saline solution in order to extract bitterness from the “blue ones”. Then put the plates on a towel and wipe dry. Next, lightly fry in vegetable oil, over low heat. Put in a bowl and let stand for a while, so that the fried crust is softened. 2. Grind nuts to crumb, add small chips of cheese. Put basil crushed with a knife and garlic, pounded in a mortar. Moisten the nut mixture with sour cream or mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
3. Place a little filling on the edge of the fried strips, wrap them in rolls and leave to stand for half an hour, laying out on a wide dish.
Georgian Eggplant Rolls - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Eggplants absorb oil, very intensively and in large quantities. To reduce its consumption, fry the vegetable in a frying pan with a non-stick coating and dip only in a well-heated fat. You can eliminate roasting and bake “blue” in a well-heated oven on the grid.
• Spread over-oiled slices in a single layer on a disposable towel and blot, covering the top with a second. This will not only help remove excess oil, but also lower the calorie content of the dish.
• Pulling bitterness with salt, put the strips in a colander and place deep dishes under it. The released bitter juice will not be absorbed back, but will flow through the holes in the colander.
Eggplant rolls look great on a festive table next to zucchini rolls with cheese.