Pork in the oven - general principles and methods of cooking
Pork baked in the oven is always a tasty and satisfying dish. Therefore, it is often served at a festive table and at family meals. In addition, cooking baked pork is quite simple, which makes this dish versatile and beloved by many housewives.
Pork in the oven - food preparation
For baked pork, it is better to take a ham, neck or scapula. During baking, the fat can not be cut off - so it’s juicier. However, in this matter, everyone is guided by his own taste.
Pork in the oven - cooking utensils
For cooking pork in the oven, heat-resistant dishes with thick walls are used. Marinade for pork should be mixed in a non-oxidizing container, that is, an enamel bowl or pan would be best.
Pork in the oven - the best recipes
Recipe 1: Pork baked in oven in foil
Pork baked in foil is very tasty not only hot, but also cold. And this is especially convenient when many guests come together and when the company goes on a picnic. Meat cooked according to this recipe can be served both on the festive table and taken along with nature.
about 700-800 grams of pork in a large piece,
a couple of garlic cloves
a glass of dry white wine for the marinade,
1. First you need to prepare the meat. From a piece of pork to cut a bone (if any) and cut the fat. Then in an enamel bowl you need to mix dry white wine with spices - peppercorns, bay leaves, herbs, thyme and oregano. Meat should be placed in the marinade and left at room temperature for a couple of hours.
2. After removing the meat, dry it on paper towels. After that, pork is salted and rubbed with spices: black and red pepper, ginger, paprika. For better impregnation with salt and spices, you need to make several surface cuts in the upper part, you can crosswise. 3. Two large pieces of foil need to put a shiny side up crosswise. Then put thin slices of garlic and carrots cut into rings in the center. Moreover, a layer of garlic and carrots in size should coincide with a piece of meat, which is placed on top. Then you need to wrap the meat in foil. And it must be done tightly and carefully so that all the edges are tightly curled.
4. The resulting briquette for an hour must be put in an oven heated to 200-220 ° C. If you want the top layer of meat to be browned, then 10 minutes before the end of baking, you need to open the top foil. You can then serve sliced pork to the table.
Recipe 2: Pork baked in the oven with potatoes
This hearty and tasty dish can be cooked in an hour and a half. And this is one of the best choices for a family dinner.
600 grams of pork,
100 grams of cheese
100 grams of mayonnaise,
4 cloves of garlic,
ground black pepper, salt.
1. Meat must be cut into plates and repelled for softness. Cheese grate.
2. Onions, potatoes and garlic need to be peeled. Then the garlic must be chopped, the potatoes - cut into strips, and onions - diced.
3. Pork is laid out in a baking dish, then it is sprinkled with onion and garlic - the meat must be completely covered.
4. Pre-salted potatoes should be laid out on a layer of onion.
5. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top and then pour with mayonnaise.
6. The oven should be heated to 220 ° C and, without covering with a lid, put the dish in the oven. After about 40 minutes, the meat baked with potatoes will be ready.
Recipe 3: Pork baked with cucumbers and prunes
This original recipe for cooking pork in the oven will certainly come in handy for those who think over the festive table. Since this dish will appeal to guests.
a piece of pork (weighing 2-3 kilograms)
a handful of prunes,
2 fresh cucumbers,
a handful of dill,
150 milliliters of wine vinegar,
tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, half a bottle of dry white wine
a couple tablespoons of olive oil,
12 black peppercorns,
3 star cardamom,
tablespoon of sugar,
a teaspoon of dill or fennel seeds,
a teaspoon of coriander seeds,
freshly ground black pepper, salt.
1. The oven must be heated up to 220 ° C.
2. Coriander and fennel must be crushed in a mortar, add 5 peas of pepper, half a teaspoon of salt and another grind the mixture. Then pour in olive oil and mix again.
3. A piece of pork must be rubbed on all sides with a spicy dressing, then put in a heat-resistant dish with thick walls and put in the oven for half an hour.
4. Meanwhile, thin cucumbers need to be cut into cucumbers, put them in a bowl, add half a teaspoon of salt, chopped dill, freshly ground black pepper, half a teaspoon of sugar, pour in a couple of tablespoons of vinegar. Mix everything thoroughly and set aside for a while.
5. In a mortar, grind cardamom stars.
6. Then make a marinade for prunes: put cinnamon stick in a small saucepan, pour in balsamic and wine vinegar, add the remaining peas and sugar, and chopped cardamom. This marinade is necessary to bring to the boil over the fire.
7. Hot marinade poured prunes and left to swell.
8. By this time you need to remove the pork, pour the meat with white wine and cover with foil. Reducing the temperature of the oven to 190 ° C, put the meat back there. After 40 minutes, the foil must be removed and baked pork for another half hour.
9. Put the finished meat on a plate, cut it in a few minutes and serve with prunes and cucumbers.
Recipe 4: Pork in foil in orange marinade
half a kilo of pork tenderloin;
a mixture of peppers;
half an orange;
orange jam - 50 g;
French mustard - 30 g
1. Wash the meat, dip it in napkins and cut into large pieces.
2. Clean the bulb, rinse and chop into half rings. 3. Wash the orange, wipe it with a napkin and cut it in half. Squeeze juice from one half into a deep plate, add orange jam and French mustard to it. Stir until smooth.
4. Mix the meat with chopped onion, season it with salt and a mixture of peppers. Pour the orange marinade over the pork and mix well. Leave the meat to marinate for an hour.
5. Lay out a deep shape with folded foil. Put the marinated meat with onions, cover with another sheet of foil on top and wrap the edges well. Put in the oven for forty minutes. Bake at 200C. Then remove the foil and put the pork in the oven for another 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite side dish and vegetables.
Recipe 5: Pork in Italian Foil
two kilogram piece of pork neck;
600 grams of tomatoes;
15 grams of garlic;
a mixture of Italian herbs;
20 ml of olive oil.
1. Wash and dry the meat with paper towels. Make cuts across the entire piece in chunks.
2. Peel garlic cloves. Rinse and wipe the tomatoes. Cut garlic and tomatoes into circles. Cover the deep refractory form with foil. Smear it with oil, sprinkle with salt and spices. Put in a piece of pork.
3. Insert the cups of garlic and tomatoes into the cuts. Trout meat with salt, pepper and Italian herbs. Wrap the pork in foil and tie with twine. Bake the meat in the oven for two hours. The temperature in the oven should be 190 degrees. Then unfold the foil, cut the meat into plates according to the cuts, and serve it to any side dish.
Recipe 6: Pork in foil with raisins and carrots
half a kilo of pork;
ground black pepper;
seasoning for grilling;
20 ml of olive oil;
30 g raisins.
1. We wash the pork tenderloin, dry them with napkins, and cut them in half lengthwise, without cutting them to the end. We unfold in the form of a “book” and repel it from the inside. Sprinkle meat with spices, garlic salt and black pepper. 2. Clean the carrots, wash and boil until half ready. Put the cooled carrots whole on one half of the pork. Wash the raisins, fill with warm water and leave for five minutes. Then drain the water and lightly dry it on a napkin. We spread the raisins over the carrots and cover with the second half of the meat.
3. Fold the sheet of foil. Put on it a layer of peeled and chopped onion half rings. Put pork over the onion. Meat covered with another layer of onion. Wrap the meat in foil and place it on a baking sheet. Put the pork in the oven heated to 200C for forty minutes. Cut the meat into chunks. Juice, which was formed in the process of roasting, can be used for making sauce.
Pork in the oven - tips from experienced chefs
Pork is juicy and tasty if you use a good marinade. Cooks recommend dry white wine. But you can use lemon juice, diluted with apple or wine vinegar. What is not worth taking for pork, so this is red wine - it is suitable for lamb and beef. By the way, at room temperature it is worth to pickle meat for only a couple of hours. Then the meat must be put in the refrigerator.
During baking, pork should be placed on the mirror surface of the foil - from it heat will begin to reflect inside.
There is a good way to check the readiness of meat. You must carefully unfold the top of the foil and pierce the meat with a two-tipped fork or a long knife. If colorless juice is shown on the surface of the pork, and the knife comes in without resistance, then the meat is ready.