Japanese noodles - the general principles of cooking
You do not need to know well the Eastern culture in order to immediately say what dishes they prefer: fish, rice and noodles. In fact, such a diet is beneficial, does not cause obesity, completely nourishes the body with all the necessary macro-and microelements. Japanese noodles became popular in the world after the Second World War, it spread widely throughout Europe and America and is still loved by almost all nations.
Noodles in Japan and China are conventionally divided into three types - it is buckwheat noodles, wheat flour and egg noodles. These types differ in appearance, taste and nutritional characteristics.
How are Japanese noodles cooked, and what gives it a unique oriental charm? Of course, it is spices and additives. If you just boil the noodles, then they will be delicate in consistency of pasta, but it is worth filling them with soy sauce, adding seafood and prepared ingredients in a special way, and this is already a Japanese tasty dish.
Japanese noodles - preparing food and dishes
How to cook noodles? Most often, the noodle preparation scheme is described in detail on the package, but if not, then boil the noodles by this technology.
Japanese buckwheat noodles need to be boiled in boiling water for no more than 7 minutes, if you do not plan to cook it and then for one minute, if after you fry or stew it.
Wheat and egg noodles are poured with hot water for 8 minutes and then washed under running cool water.
It is very important not to digest noodles, otherwise it will turn into a mess.
Japanese noodle recipes:
Recipe 1: Japanese Noodles
From this recipe you will learn the recipe for “canonical” Japanese noodles. Most often in Japan they cook noodles from wheat flour, as it has a light and delicate flavor. For dressing, you can make any sauce, but it should be based on soy.
- Wheat noodles
- Soy Sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Honey (liquid) - 1 tablespoon
- Dried ginger (in powder) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1 tsp.
- Prepare the sauce in advance. Mix all the ingredients, mix well until complete dissolution of honey and ginger.
- Noodles need to boil: put it in hot water (about 80 degrees), wait 8 minutes, then drain in a colander and let cool.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and mix well.
Recipe 2: Japanese anchovy noodles
Most often, the Japanese use noodles with fish and seafood. You can cook any dressing for the dish. In this recipe you will learn how to make a delicious dish with anchovy. Anchovies are a fairly fragrant fish, but this recipe also uses fish sauce.
- Wheat noodles - 320 grams
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Canned anchovies - 160 grams
- First of all, prepare the sauce: mix all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Boil the noodles. Fill it with hot water and leave to insist under the lid closed for no more than 8 minutes.
- Drain liquid from canned anchovies.
- Drain water, add sauce and anchovies to noodles, mix. The dish can be decorated by sprinkling with white sesame seeds.
Recipe 3: Japanese noodles (soup)
Soups in the Eastern recipe are distinguished by a thick consistency, the broth in them is not very much. For the base is taken either fish or chicken, on the basis of which the broth is boiled. In this dish there are no potatoes familiar to us, but there is seaweed, and also the sauce is surely added. How much algae do you need? Most often, nori (and it is they who are suitable for this recipe) are sold in special plates. You need one plate. The following recipe is designed for 1 liter of soup.
- Buckwheat noodles - 350 grams
- Mineral water - 1 liter
- Chicken fillet - 260 grams
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Nori Algae
- Wash, dry chicken fillet.
- Heat the pan and grease with butter. In general, the form of chicken fillet fry on both sides for 8 minutes. Cool it down.
- Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Put the pot of water on the fire, lower the chicken there. When the water boils, reduce the heat. 10 minutes after boiling the soup will be ready.
- Cut the algae plate into thin strips.
- One minute until cooked, put algae and noodles in a saucepan, pour soy sauce. After turning off the heat, let the soup infuse under the lid closed.
Recipe 4: Japanese noodles with zucchini and pepper
The thinner the components that complement the noodles are cut, the more beautiful the finished dish will look. If you use vegetables, you can grate them on a grated carrot in Korean.
- Egg noodles - 340 grams
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 piece
- Zucchini - 1 piece
- Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- For this dish, you do not need the zucchini itself, but its skin - it is quite elastic and as a result of the heat treatment will not lose its shape. Using a carrot grater in Korean style, remove the peel.
- Pepper wash and cut into thin strips.
- Pour the boiled noodles for 8 minutes with hot water and leave to swell under the lid.
- Heat the frying pan, melt one tablespoon of oil in it and fry the vegetables, after 5 minutes add soy sauce to them.
- Drop the noodles into a colander and let the water drain. Add noodles to the pan and mix with vegetables. Let the mixture quench for another 3 minutes, then turn off the fire.
Recipe 5: Japanese Chicken Noodles
Chicken in caramel-soy sauce and delicate wheat noodles are perfectly combined with each other. You can use any parts of the chicken, but the fillet is most suitable - it is not fat and fried quickly. Ingredients Required:
- Wheat noodles - 310 grams
- Chicken fillet - 220 grams
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce for frying - 1.5 tablespoon
- White Sesame
- Chicken fillet as a whole, put it to boil in water - after boiling the water, reduce the heat and let the fillet boil for 10 minutes.
- Cool poultry meat and cut into thin slices.
- Heat the pan, the bottom should be absolutely clean. Pour water, melt sugar, add soy sauce. Put the chicken in the sauce, leave for 3 minutes and reach out, sprinkling each piece of sesame.
- Fill the noodles with hot water, cover with a lid and leave for 8 minutes. Throw noodles in a colander.
- Serve the Japanese noodles by putting chicken pieces on top.
Recipe 6: Japanese noodles (in salad)
Japanese noodles are tasty hot, but it sounds good and cold no less. From this recipe you will learn how to use this product for salad.
- Japanese noodles - 180 grams
- Squid - 1 bird
- Peking cabbage - 200 grams
- Mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons
- Salted hard cheese - 120 grams
- Sour cream - 3 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Prepare the noodles: cover with water and let it stand for 8 minutes under the lid closed. Drop in a colander and let cool.
- Squid Wash. Dip the carcass in boiling water for 1.5 minutes and remove. During this time, tender meat will cook and squid will be tender. The longer the squid will remain in the water, the more “rubber” it will taste after.
- Cool squid and cut into thin strips
- Slice the cabbage.
- Grate cheese, mix it with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Combine all the ingredients, add the dressing.
Japanese noodles - secrets and tips from the best chefs
Buy Japanese noodles or cook it yourself? Today, when you can buy any ingredient in the store, it is not difficult to make noodles with your own hands. If you want to cook buckwheat noodles, you will need three parts of buckwheat flour and one part of wheat flour, as well as water. To make more popular wheat noodles, then in addition to flour, take one tablespoon of cornstarch and one or two eggs.
Another useful tip for those who prepare noodles with their own hands - add a little soy or rice flour, and then the noodles will be stored for at least a month. If this is not done, the shelf life of homemade Japanese noodles is no more than a week.
Japanese noodles can not only cook, but also fry. In this case, boil it for one or two minutes, drain the water, put the noodles in a hot frying pan into butter and fry for about 4-5 minutes.
Boil Japanese noodles most often in pure water, but you can boil it in meat broth, it will turn out more fragrant and tasty.
Japanese noodles will not be useful if you cook it with fatty meat. The fact is that noodles are carbohydrates, and the combination of fat with carbohydrates not only perfectly quenches, but also “is deposited on the sides”. The Japanese serve noodles exclusively with vegetables, poultry and seafood.
Japanese noodles can be served not only with vegetables or seafood, but also with mushrooms. The most popular option among the eastern nation is shiitake. These are Japanese mushrooms, which are sold both in dried form and already swollen. You can fry the mushrooms in butter and add them to the boiled noodles, this dish will be quite tasty, while dietary. You can also use familiar champignons. Fry them in butter and onion for 10-12 minutes and mix with boiled noodles, sprinkle with soy sauce.