Why not just brew: tea, coffee, noodles, and even dough.
Yes, you heard right. This is one of the most popular batch methods used by the hostess.
But they do not always share their secrets.
The dough for dumplings, which is prepared according to brewing technology, differs from the one mixed in a cold way.
It is more plastic, does not tear, does not fall apart, it is not rubber and pleasant to the taste.
There are no fewer recipes for choux pastry for dumplings than fillings.
Choux pastry for dumplings - general principles of cooking
Flour for dumplings used wheat. Sometimes add a portion of buckwheat flour, oatmeal or rye.
You can also find recipes for custard dough with corn or potato starch.
Whichever of these bulk ingredients is present in the recipe, it must be sieved.
What else can be put in the dough:
• Liquid. This is mainly water or milk. Vegetable juices (carrot, beetroot, tomato) or mashed potatoes can be used to make colored types of dough.
• Eggs. Not used in all recipes. You can use whole eggs or only yolks.
• Fats. It can be vegetable or butter, margarine. They are laid in small quantities for plasticity and improved taste.
The liquid is salted and brought to a boil. Then poured into flour or vice versa. There is no exact rule, it all depends on the recipe. Eggs are added to a warm but not hot mass. Any dough takes time to swell gluten. It takes about 15 minutes. Therefore, after mixing, the mass is sent to “rest”.
Recipe 1: The easiest choux dough for dumplings
The easiest version of choux pastry, which does not need any butter, eggs or milk. At the same time, after cooking, the dumplings turn out to be tender, not rubber. Ingredients
• 200 ml of boiling water;
• flour 2 glasses.
1. Water immediately set to boil.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, immediately pour the entire recipe.
3. Add salt. It is better to use extra. Otherwise, all the grains will not go away in the test. But if there is no fine salt, then you can add salt to hot water.
4. Pour boiling water into the flour and quickly stir with a spoon.
5. It will be more difficult to do this each time.
6. Remove the spoon and begin to knead the mass manually.
7. As soon as a homogeneous lump forms in the hands and the flour disappears in the bowl, the dough is ready!
8. It remains to put it in the bag and let it lie down for a quarter of an hour so that it becomes elastic and pliable.
Recipe 2: Choux Dough for Dumplings in Milk
You can brew flour not only with water, but also with milk. This dough turns out tastier, well suited for sweet fillings of cottage cheese, fruits and berries. For such a custard dough for dumplings will need milk of any fat and butter.
• 250 grams of milk;
• 50 grams of butter;
• flour 2.5 cups;
• 0.5 tsp. salts;
• eggs 2 pieces.
1. Pour salt into the milk, put the butter and put it on the stove. It is better to use a wide saucepan in which the dough will be prepared immediately. Give the mixture to boil, stir until the oil is dissolved.
2. Pour into a boiling liquid a glass of flour, stir and turn off the fire.
3. We break one egg and we intensively stir. Only after that add the second egg and mix well as well.
4. Add the remaining flour and knead thoroughly the mass. It is already more convenient to do this not in a saucepan, but on the table.
5. As soon as the dough takes all the flour, becomes plastic and homogeneous, we shift it into a plastic bag and send it to rest. After half an hour, you can start sculpting dumplings.
Recipe 3: Choux dough for dumplings on sour cream
To make such a choux pastry you will need sour cream. Fat does not matter. But the higher it is, the more delicious the dumplings will turn out. The dough is without eggs, but a small amount of sunflower oil is added to the dough.
• flour 3 cups;
• 130 ml of water;
• 3 tablespoons sour cream;
• salt 1/2 spoon;
• 1 scoop of races. oils.
1. Boil prescription water in a saucepan.
2. Add prescription salt and oil to it. You can also take butter or any margarine. Add an incomplete cup of flour and quickly stir.
3. Put sour cream, do not stop stirring.
4. As soon as the mass becomes homogeneous, all the lumps will disappear, add flour.
5. Knead the dough until smooth.
6. We give otlezhatsya, then proceed to the molding of dumplings.
Recipe 4: Choux Dough for Red Dumplings
In fact, this recipe is not quite red dough. It turns bright pink thanks to the addition of beetroot juice. After cooking, the products also remain “cheerful”. The dough is universal and can be used for sweet and salty fillings.
• 40 ml of beet juice;
• 160 ml of water;
• 20 ml of vegetable oil;
• 2.5 cups of flour;
• 1 egg;
• 1 tsp. salt.
1. Pour water and beet juice into the pot, send it to the stove. Add vegetable oil and immediately salt.
2. Sift flour into the bowl.
3. Pour boiling liquid into flour and start stirring with a spoon.
4. Add the raw egg and stir further. You can put it just like that or shake a little fork first.
5. After a minute, when it becomes difficult to stir, remove the spoon and knead the dough with your hands. Well we knead, we do an elastic lump.
6. Cover with a bowl and let lie for a while.
Recipe 5: Choux pastry for tomato dumplings
Tomato dough is very often used in the production of multi-colored pasta. So why not use it for dumplings. Products turn out not only beautiful, but also tasty, especially if they are cooked in a scalded way. Ingredients
• 0.25 kg of flour;
• 100 ml of juice;
• 0.3 tsp. salts;
• 1 small egg;
• 1 tsp. oils;
• 1 tsp. sour cream.
1. Put the juice on the stove with salt, bring to a boil. If there is no tomato juice, then you can dilute any tomato sauce or pasta in water. When using salty ketchup, do not forget to reduce the amount of salt, you can just taste the liquid.
2. Sift the flour, better immediately in a bowl. Make a hole in the center and pour boiling juice. Stir.
3. As you stir, we introduce first a spoonful of sour cream, and then an egg. If you get into the hands of a large copy, you can take half or use one yolk, without protein.
4. Stir the dough well, pour a spoonful of butter into your hands and pour up to the elasticity of the mass.
5. Remove the bag and let it soak for half an hour, so that the gluten swells up and the mass shrinks less.
Recipe 6: Choux pastry for dumplings with starch
Why put starch in the dough? Many ask this question. But in fact, everything is very simple. Starch allows you to roll the dough very thin, but at the same time it will not tear and crawl. Pure starch is not used, only in a mixture with wheat flour.
• 1 tbsp. flour;
• 0.5 cups of potato starch;
• 110 ml of water;
• 20 ml of oil;
• salt 1/2 tsp.
1. Salt the water, send boil.
2. After boiling the liquid the fire is turned off and immediately pour out a glass of flour. Intensely stir with a spatula.
3. Add starch to warm, but not hot dough, knead well.
4. Add vegetable oil at the end and knead for about five minutes.
5. Like the usual choux pastry, it needs to lie down a bit before use.
Recipe 7: Choux Dough for Dumplings with Spinach
Another color test option. This time the highlight of the program is spinach, which will delight you with a green tint, amazing taste and good. If there is no fresh spinach, then you can use frozen leaves. Ingredients
• 0.2 kg of spinach;
• 2 eggs;
• 200 ml of water;
• 0.7 kg of flour;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 2 spoons of butter.
1. Spinach leaves washed, sorted and get rid of damage. Then we shift it into the blender tank and périem. Some people like to see small pieces of green in the dough. You can just chop a piece of the leaves with a knife, but not large. Putting spinach puree aside, let the green mass wait in the wings.
2. Pour in the oil, put salt and boil.
3. Sift flour, add boiled water with butter and salt, stir and add spinach puree.
4. Next, add the eggs. It is advisable not to rush and put one by one, carefully stir each time.
5. If the spinach was juicy, the dough may turn out a little weak. If necessary, fill up the flour and send it to rest.
Recipe 8: Choux pastry for “Yellow” dumplings with turmeric
You can cook not only red and green dumplings, a full-fledged traffic light lacks the same color. For yellow custard dough, you will need ground turmeric, as well as carrot juice. Of course, the easiest way to use dye. But why add chemistry to homemade food?
• 0.25 kg of flour;
• 1 pinch of salt;
• 100 ml of carrot juice;
• 1 tsp. oils;
• 1 tsp. turmeric;
• 1 tsp. sour cream or cream;
• 1 yolk.
1. Use freshly prepared carrot juice. Put it on the stove, salt and bring to a boil.
2. Add half the flour and brew. Mix well and remove from heat.
3. Put sour cream and vegetable oil, stir.
4. Enter the raw egg yolk, stir.
5. Combine turmeric with the remaining flour, and then add to the brewed mass with yolk.
6. Adjust the density and mix thoroughly.
7. We remove the little yellow dough into the bag and after half an hour, you can start making jolly dumplings.
Dumplings Choux Dough - Tips and Tricks
• Brewing and boiling - words of the same root, but speak of different processes. And it is very important to remember this. Brewed wheat flour with boiling water and in no case leave a long time on the stove. Otherwise, it will be tight and thick clay, which only remains to go into the trash.
• It is believed that a good dough should be kneaded for at least ten minutes. And not every hand can do it. But you can always use the bread machine with the appropriate program.
• The dough will be soft and airy if you put a pinch of soda in it. Especially this option is suitable for products with berries and other sweet fillings.
• Some housewives prefer to add salt directly to the flour. But this method is only suitable for extra varieties. If ordinary salt is used, then it is desirable to dissolve the crystals in the liquid.
• If dough from durum wheat is used in the dough for the dumplings, then you can not add the chicken egg. Products and without it will be great to keep the shape, it will be boiled out, delighted with taste.
• Spices can be added not only to the filling, but also to the dough itself. For flavor and taste, you can pour dried garlic, ground paprika, turmeric, black pepper. Some prefer to put chopped dill or parsley.