Often, early in the morning for breakfast or in the late evening for dinner, we cook simple meals in a hurry.
Typically, these dishes are unpretentious scrambled eggs, instant porridge or sandwiches.
Many people simply forget about such a simple, but very tasty dish, like an omelette.
And if you add a piece of ham, some vegetables, cheese to the eggs with milk, you will get not just a quick snack, but a full-fledged hearty dish.
Ham Omelet - General Cooking Principles
Omelet with ham is prepared almost identical to ordinary omelet. The only significant difference is that the ham will need to be cut and fried a little. Prepare such a dish and in the pan, and in the oven, and even in the slow cooker.
The addition of vegetables, mushrooms, cheeses and seafood will make an omelet more satisfying and fragrant. A spicy taste and color can give spices and greens.
Usually the whole cooking process takes place in three stages:
1. slicing and roasting ham and additional ingredients;
2. beating eggs with milk and, if desired, with cheese and spices;
3. pouring the golden mass of egg and directly languishing.
Omelette is cooked faster in the pan than in the oven, due to the fact that it is covered with a lid. But in the oven it turns out to be more lush and fragrant and its taste is much richer. In addition, you can put all the ingredients in the multicooker bowl and simply set the desired mode and time, and do other, more important things yourself, waiting for the machine’s horn.
In any case, whatever cooking method you choose, whatever you decide to add ham omelet, you are guaranteed to get a really quick, tasty and hearty dish.
1. Omelet with ham and cheese: a classic combination of
• a glass of milk;
• five eggs;
• 2 tbsp. l flour;
• 120 grams of cheese;
• two tomatoes;
• vegetable oil; • onion;
• salt pepper.
1. Finely chop the peeled onion, spread it on the pan, where pre-pour a little vegetable oil.
2. While stirring, lightly fry the onion until softened.
3. Tomatoes thoroughly wash and cut into cubes, add to the fried onion. Fry, stirring, for a couple of minutes.
4. Crumble to the vegetables in small pieces ham, fry all together for another 4-5 minutes.
5. At this time, in a dry bowl of the right size, whisk the eggs with a whisk. Pour the flour, pour in the milk, salt, stir until smooth. The color of the mixture should turn pale yellow.
6. Fill the resulting mixture of roasted vegetables and ham.
7. Cook the scrambled eggs, without stirring, over low heat, covering the pan with a lid.
8. After 5-6 minutes of toasting, open the lid, sprinkle the omelet with ham with finely grated cheese and pepper to taste.
9. We wait for the cheese to melt completely, then remove the pan from the heat.
10. Spread omelet on a common flat dish, or cut portions into small plates. If desired, sprinkle with dried or chopped fresh greens.
2. Omelet with ham and vegetables: bake in the oven
• four eggs;
• one large tomato;
• half sweet pepper;
• 190 ml of milk;
• 130-150 grams of ham;
• salt, pepper, vegetable oil.
1. Prepare all the vegetables at once: thoroughly wash and clean the onions, peppers, tomatoes; chop the onion and dice the tomato and pepper.
2. Ham cut into small cubes or cubes.
3. Put onion on a greased pan, fry to a light golden hue. Add the ham, simmer, covered with a lid, another 2-3 minutes.
4. Lubricate the baking dish, spread the ham in the first layer fried with onions, then lay out the cubes of tomato and pepper.
5. Now we will deal directly with the eggs: beat them in a small container with milk, salt and pepper until the yolk and protein become a uniform consistency. 6. Fill the egg mixture with ingredients that are in a baking dish.
7. Bake in an oven heated to 200 degrees from 20 to 40 minutes. It all depends on the size of the form: the deeper the dishes, the longer the dish will be prepared. The readiness of the dish can be determined by the appetizingly browned top.
8. Remove the ready omelet with ham on a plate, pre-cut into portions. We decorate with greens.
3. Ham and Spicy Souplet Omelet: Regular Products in Unusual Design
• 200 grams of sour cream;
• 100 ml of cream;
• 100 grams of ham;
• 50 grams of cheese;
• a piece (40 grams) of butter;
• one leek;
• six eggs;
• fresh parsley;
• salt, nutmeg, pepper.
1. Break eggs into a bowl, add cream and sour cream, beat well.
2. Add nutmeg to the mass, to taste salt and a little pepper, here we put a small amount of chopped parsley and finely grated cheese.
3. Heat the butter in the pan, spread the diced ham, fry a little.
4. Add the leek, thinly slicing the top white part of the vegetable. Fry with ham until soften leeks.
5. Put the roast in the baking mold, pour the already prepared egg-cheese mixture.
6. We bake in the oven for about half an hour, setting the temperature to 180 degrees.
7. Before serving, cover the omelet with ham with a lid or regular polyethylene, letting it brew, then serve on the table, garnished with the remaining parsley.
4. Chicken Ham Omelet: Ideal for Children's Menu
• 100 grams of chicken ham;
• two eggs;
• 2/3 cup of milk;
• 30 grams of cheese;
• butter, salt.
1. In a small container slightly add salt to the eggs and beat them until smooth.
2. Pour milk incessantly. Also, if desired, we can use a mixture of cream and milk.
3. Chicken ham, cut into small pieces, fry in a pan to a light blush. 4. Pour the egg mass into the pan. As soon as the eggs begin to set around the edges, mix the dish well, pour the finely grated cheese and cover with the lid for several minutes.
5. Serve hot.
5. Omelet with ham and mushrooms: a recipe for the multicooker
• six eggs;
• 200-220 ml of milk;
• 100 g of ham;
• 100 g of mushrooms (preferably champignons);
• 50 grams of cheese;
• one small tomato;
• salt, pepper, greens.
1. Rinse the champignons well, dry slightly and cut into thin slices.
2. Put mushrooms in a slow cooker, fry for 5 minutes in the “Baking” mode, not forgetting to pour in some oil.
3. While the mushrooms are cooked, beat eggs in a bowl with milk, salt, pepper and herbs.
4. Put the diced ham and tomatoes in the prepared mixture, mix.
5. Pour the contents of the bowl to the mushrooms in the bowl, rub on top of the cheese.
6. Selecting the “Baking” mode, prepare a fragrant omelet for 45 minutes.
7. We take out the finished dish, waiting for it to cool slightly, so as not to break or mash it. It is convenient to do this with a stand for steamers or simply knocking over the bowl on a large flat plate.
6. Omelet with ham and zucchini: eat tasty with goodness
• 200 grams of zucchini;
• 150 grams of ham;
• three eggs;
• vegetable oil;
• 140 ml of milk;
• a spoonful of chopped rosemary and thyme;
• fresh greens.
1. Peel the onions from the husk, finely crumble.
2. Cut the peel from the zucchini, remove, if necessary, the seeds, cut into cubes.
3. Ham cut into small blocks or cubes.
4. Fry the onions in butter first, then add the zucchini and ham. We wait when these ingredients lightly browned.
5. At this time, beat the eggs with rosemary, thyme, pepper and salt. Pour in milk, mix.
6. Pour the egg mixture to ham.
7. Cover the pan with a lid, cook on a quiet fire for about 3 minutes. 8. Remove the lid, sprinkle the omelet with fresh herbs, leave for about 2-3 minutes and remove from the fire.
7. Stuffed omelet with ham
• 50 ml of milk;
• three eggs;
• a piece of butter;
• 60 grams of ham;
• Spoon of tomato sauce;
1. Fry in a greased pan on both sides a mixture made from eggs, milk and spices in the form of a large flat pancake.
2. In another pan, prepare the filling of finely chopped ham by adding tomato sauce.
3. Put the prepared ham in the center of the omelet pancake, wrap the edges, giving the dish the shape of a patty.
4. We cover for a couple of minutes the yoke.
5. Serve hot, watering with melted butter.
Ham Omelet - Some Secrets and Tricks
• If you want your scrambled eggs to not turn out as a pancake, and become lush and airy, take only fresh eggs and milk.
• Putting a little bit of starch in your eggs while you beat them, you will also achieve pomp.
• Use homemade, village eggs for cooking omelet and then your dish will turn out colorful and bright.
• Using not just milk, but, for example, a mixture of milk and cream, you will get a more satisfying omelet.
• In any given recipe for ham omelet, you can replace one component with another: for example, milk with cream, vegetable oil with sweet cream, and vice versa. You can also experiment with fillers: vegetables, spices. Only two ingredients remain unchanged - these are eggs and the ham itself, which, by the way, can also be different: beef, chicken, mixed, boiled or smoked.