Due to the high cost of the product, not everyone can afford to eat fragrant dried meat - basturma. But the price is not a reason for abandoning the delicacy, because beef basturma can be easily and simply cooked at home.
The process is not complicated, but long, so please be patient. And believe: the result will be worth your expectations.
Beef basturma at home - general principles of cooking
Basturma is made from fresh sirloin meat using salting and curing. Beef is thoroughly washed, cut off excess fat, remove the film, skins and thoroughly dried. Rub a piece of salt, leave it for a while to crack, pressing down with oppression.
Then begins the process of drying: from a mixture of water and all sorts of spices make a thick mass, which spread the prepared piece of beef. Basically they use paprika, savory, hot ground pepper, coriander, hops-suneli, often wine, brandy are added to the brine instead of or with water. Salted beef is rolled in the finished mixture and sent to fade into the fresh air or in the refrigerator - depends on the recipe.
1. Beef basturma at home: a classic recipe
• beef tenderloin - 1 kg;
• 5 cloves of garlic;
• fenugreek dry - 30 g;
• sea salt - 10 g;
• sugar - 5 g;
• hot pepper - 5 g;
• 3 bay leaves;
• coriander beans - 10 g;
• Cloves - 5 g;
• juniper berries - 6 pcs.
1. Cut the prepared cut into two parts.
2. Rub the sea salt mixed with sugar.
3. We roll the meat in cheesecloth and leave to be fed in a cup for 6 hours.
4. After 6 hours, put a cup of meat in the fridge, but for 12 hours already. During this time, periodically turn the piece of meat from one side to another.
5. After all this time, we take the meat out of the refrigerator, wash it, dry it. 6. Again we cover the clipping with clean gauze, firmly tighten the ropes, put it in a deep cup under the weight and leave for 24 hours.
7. Grind garlic, mix it with dry fenugreek, pepper, bay leaf, coriander, cloves and juniper fruits.
8. Add some water to this mixture, stir well (the mixture should be like thick sour cream).
9. Free the meat from gauze, roll it off with prepared deboning and leave it for 3 hours.
10. We again collapse and give to be fed 3 hours. We repeat the procedure with deboning 3 more times.
11. After the last time, the pieces of meat are hung on the ropes and left to dry in the open air for 10 days.
12. After 10 days, the basturma is ready to eat, cut into portions and serve with fresh vegetables.
2. Beef basturma at home, marinated in brandy
• fillet of beef - 1.5 kg;
• salt - 10 g;
• various spices - 50 g;
• dry fenugreek - 30 g;
• cognac - 200 ml.
1. The washed piece of beef meat is slightly notched with a knife.
2. Well rub with salt to salt penetrated into the incisions.
3. Put in a cup and put in the fridge for 48 hours.
4. After this time has elapsed, we take out the meat, wrap it with gauze and again put it in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
5. We take the meat out of the fridge, remove the gauze, hang it on special hooks and hang out in the open air for 5 days.
6. While the meat is dried, we make a deboning on cognac: mix the spices with fenugreek, pour all this with brandy, stir until a homogeneous thick mass.
7. With the finished cognac mixture we coat the slightly dried meat, put in the fridge for 5-7 days.
8. After a week, remove the meat from the fridge, free it from the marinade, wrap it in a small cloth and dry it for 5 days in the open air.
9. Cut dried dried basturma into pieces, spread on a plate, decorate with parsley or dill leaves.
3. Beef basturma at home in Armenian
• boneless beef meat - 800 g; • 5 cloves of garlic;
• salt - 30 g;
• saltpeter - 50 g;
• hot pepper - 1 tsp;
• cumin - 50 g.
1. Washing my beef, dry it in a paper towel, cut into small pieces 6 cm thick, 10 cm wide and 30 cm long.
2. Put the pieces in a wide bowl, sprinkle with salt and saltpeter. Mix thoroughly so that all the pieces are completely rolled.
3. Close the cup with meat with a towel and leave for 3 days. After this time, everything is mixed and again left for 3 days.
4. Take out the meat, rinse and dry in fresh air.
5. We wrapped the obsushennye pieces in a rag, tied them tightly with a rope, put them in a bowl under the weight and again left for 6 hours.
6. After 6 hours we change the cloth and leave for another 2 hours.
7. We release the meat from the cloth, hang the pieces on special hooks and hang on the air for 12 hours.
8. Meanwhile, wash my cumin, grind, mix it with chopped garlic, hot pepper.
9. Fill all the spices with a small amount of water, mix well until thick.
10. Dip each dried piece in the prepared mass, put it in a bowl and let it feed for 4 days. After 4 days, roll in the mixture again and leave for 4 days, and repeat this three times.
11. Fully marinated pieces hang on hooks and dry for 2 weeks.
12. Cut the finished basturma into pieces and serve as a snack.
4. Beef basturma at home, marinated in red wine
• beef pulp - 1 kg.
• dry red wine - 1 bottle;
• salt - 0.5 kg;
• hot pepper - 20 g;
• dry fenugreek - 20 g;
• dried crushed pomegranate - 20 g;
• nut grass - 15 g;
• garlic - 5 cloves.
• dry red wine - 250 ml;
• salt - 30 g;
• fenugreek - 30 g;
• dry ground pomegranate - 20 g;
• red pepper - 10 g;
• flour - 3 glasses.
1. Prepare the marinade: pour dry red wine into a metal container, add garlic, fenugreek, crushed pomegranate and nut grass to it. 2. In the finished marinade lay the meat under the press, leave for 1 week. Once or twice a day we turn the meat from side to side.
3. Put the meat on a special grill to make a steak marinade.
4. Prepare the batter, as on pancakes: pour in a cup of red wine, add salt, spices, flour, mix everything thoroughly.
5. Dip the meat in cooked dough and roll in dry spices from fenugreek, dry pomegranate, hot pepper and salt.
6. We hang a piece of meat on a hook and weave outdoors for 2-3 weeks.
7. Ready basturma should somehow resemble raw smoked sausage.
8. When serving basturma, cut into small pieces, put on a plate along with the greens of basil and cilantro.
5. Beef basturma at home in a spicy marinade with sugar
• young beef meat - 700 g;
• coarse salt - 30 g;
• sugar - 350 g
• fenugreek seeds - 45 g;
• hot pepper - half a teaspoon;
• garlic - 2 cloves;
• coriander in seeds - 15 g;
• peppercorns - 5 pcs .;
• seasoning cumin (zira) - 15 g;
• paprika - 10 g.
1. Wash beef, dry, rub with sugar (it is imperative that the meat be without extra veins).
2. Put the sugar in the meat in a deep plastic cup, send it in the fridge for half a day.
3. The resulting juice from the meat is drained.
4. Take the beef out of the fridge, rub it in salt and send it back to the fridge for 36 hours. Every half an hour, turn over the meat and drain the resulting juice.
5. Prepare the chaman: pour 250 ml of water into the saucepan, put the bay leaf, clove there, put it on a small fire, boil. After boiling, remove from heat, close the lid and let it brew.
6. Filter the infused broth, add crushed fenugreek seeds, coriander, peppercorns, paprika, mix thoroughly, pour in a little brandy, close with a lid and leave for 1 day.
7. Take out the meat from the marinade, spread it with the chaman.
8. The meat smeared in the chaman is wrapped in gauze, together with the remnants of the chaman, tied tightly with thread. 9. Suspend directly in gauze on the hook and leave to fade for 15 days.
10. Readiness of meat is determined by its external color and hardness. If the meat got darkish and hardened, the basturma is ready.
11. Cut into portions, put on a plate and put on the table as a snack.
6. Beef basturma at home: easy recipe
• beef meat without bones and veins - 600 g;
• sea salt or regular coarse grinding - 150 g;
• ground black pepper - 40 g;
• seasoning for meat - 30 g.
1. My meat, cut off all the veins, dry a piece of paper napkins.
2. Rub the beef with salt, leave to be fed for 2 days.
3. Salty piece of meat again wrapped in paper towels to dry.
4. Put dried meat on cheesecloth, sprinkle with seasoning for meat, wrap it well, tightly tie the ends with a rope. Leave for another 2 days.
5. Finished basturma is thinly sliced and served on the table as a snack.
Beef basturma at home - tricks and tips
• Do not use bony meat for cooking: only fillet, tenderloin or edge with the thinnest layer of fat.
• For better jerking, cut meat into layers several centimeters thick.
• To meat salted and soaked with spices, do not forget to lay out beef under the oppression.
• The room where the meat will be withered should not be on the sunny side in a well-ventilated place.
• Using all of the above recipes, you can also make a basturma of pork, chicken, turkey. For poultry, reduce the time of salting and drying about 1.5 times.