If earlier it was believed that baking pies was possible only in the oven, in the oven, and in the slow cooker, now more and more people are experimenting with fast baking methods: in a frying pan.
One of the favorite recipes was the recipe of charlottes in a pan with apples. Moreover, the cake itself is prepared quickly, using the available products, the cooking process in the pan is simplified by the fact that there is no need to heat the oven, to use all kinds of baking molds. Enough to pour the dough with apples in a greased pan, cover with a lid and wait for some time.
Charlotte in a pan with apples - general principles of cooking
Here, just like in the simplest charlotte, a kneaded dough is kneaded, uniform in consistency, not liquid and not thick. Apples are peeled and chopped. Then everything is mixed or laid out in any order in the pan.
But, in order to make the cake tasty and airy, it’s worth considering a number of rules:
• To make the charlotte not too dense, you should beat the dough more thoroughly, before the first bubbles.
• A juicy and soft pie will turn out if more apples are used than dough.
• The baking pan for baking apple apples should be cast iron or non-stick.
• Choose a large-diameter frying pan so that the cake is not too high and bake evenly.
• Do not forget to cover the pan while cooking, otherwise the dough will fall and the cake will not turn out to be lush.
• The fire should be the slowest, so that the charlotte from below does not burn.
• Be sure to grease and sprinkle the pan abundantly, then the cake will not burn and will easily come off. You can also use baking paper.
1. Charlotte in a pan with apples: a classic recipe
• 100 grams of sugar;
• 150 grams of flour;
• two apples;
• three eggs; • vanillin;
• powdered sugar;
• a teaspoon of baking powder.
1. In a deep bowl, rub the eggs with sugar first with a fork, then with a mixer.
2. Sift flour and mix with vanilla and baking powder.
3. Enter the flour mixture in small portions into the mixture of eggs and sugar. Do not forget to interfere with the mass all the time so that there are no lumps of flour.
4. Clean the apples from the peel and seeds, cut into small squares.
5. Mix the apples with the prepared dough.
6. Grease a pan with softened butter, pour in the dough with apples.
7. Tightly cover the pan with a lid, put out a weak fire.
8. Cook the charlotte in a frying pan for 20 minutes, then gently, using two shovels, turn the cake over and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
9. Turn the pan with the finished charlotte on a large flat plate, sprinkle icing sugar over the cake.
2. Charlotte in a pan with apples in the form of a cake
• 200 grams of flour;
• three apples;
• 130 grams of sugar;
• two eggs;
• two pinches of a baking powder;
• 50 grams of butter;
1. Put softened butter into bowl of blender, add sugar, add eggs. Beat all ingredients until the first bubbles appear.
2. Without ceasing to beat, add in the resulting mass in small portions mixed with baking powder and cinnamon sifted flour.
3. Clean, firm apples, cut the flesh into thin slices.
4. Pour a little more than half of the dough onto a greased and sprinkled semolina pan.
5. Put the prepared apples on top of the dough in a chaotic order.
6. Pour the remaining dough.
7. Bake the dough for 30 minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
8. If you want both sides of the cake to be rosy, you need to turn the charlotte 10 minutes before the readiness is ready, but you must act carefully so that it does not fall apart.
9. If you are afraid to turn over the charlotte, simply decorate the top of the finished cake with grated chocolate, coconut flakes or powdered sugar, thus hiding the palette of charlotte.
3. Charlotte in a pan with apples, berries, honey and nuts
• two apples;
• 60 grams of red currant;
• 2 tbsp. l honey;
• 2 tbsp. l chopped walnuts;
• 150 grams of flour;
• half a cup of sugar;
• 1 tsp. baking powder;
• cinnamon, vanilla.
1. Fry the walnuts until a specific flavor and golden brown in a dry frying pan. After cool and chop.
2. Peel and chop the apples into small slices.
3. Mix the eggs and sugar with a mixer, add baking powder, flour, vanillin and cinnamon, whisk again.
4. Honey liquefy in a water bath or in the microwave.
5. Lubricate the pan with oil, smear with honey over it.
6. Put apples on honey, spread dough evenly on top.
7. Sprinkle the cake with berries and nuts.
8. Cook over low heat for about half an hour.
9. Cool the charlotte right in the pan, then gently turn it over on a plate so that the caramelized apples become the top of the cake.
4. Charlotte in a pan with apples, lemon and mandarin
• 200 grams of flour;
• 140 grams of sugar;
• two mandarins;
• one apple;
• half a small lemon;
• baking powder.
1. Rinse and dry the lemons, apples and tangerines. Mandarin peel and cut into slices, cut off the seeds and rind of apples and cut into thin slices, cut half of lemon into quarters straight with the zest.
2. You can also add other citrus fruits: for example, oranges, grapefruit, as long as the amount of fruit is the same as indicated in the recipe.
3. Mix eggs, sugar, baking powder and flour with a mixer. The dough should not be thick, not liquid, if necessary, enter a little more flour.
4. Put the prepared fruit in the dough: apples, tangerines and lemon, mix.
5. Put baking paper on the bottom of a large frying pan, making high sides, brush it with oil. 6. Pour in the dough, cook for 40 minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
5. Cottage cheese charlotte in a pan with apples
• 300 grams of cottage cheese;
• 4 eggs;
• three apples;
• 80 grams of flour;
• 300 grams of sugar;
• 120 grams of butter.
1. Pound 100 grams of sugar with soft butter.
2. Add another 100 grams of sugar and cottage cheese, whip all the ingredients until pasty.
3. Grind the yolks from the proteins separately, adding 50 grams of granulated sugar to each mixture.
4. First add the yolks into the curd mass, mix, after the whites, and mix again.
5. Slowly add the flour into the curd dough, mix thoroughly.
6. Put the apples, peeled, cut into small pieces into the dough, mix.
7. Cover the pan with baking paper, grease, add semolina or flour.
8. Carefully transfer the curd dough and apples from the bowl to the pan.
9. Cook for 35-45 minutes, depending on the diameter of the pan and, accordingly, the height of the cake, setting the slowest fire.
6. Charlotte in a pan with semolina apples
• 200 grams of semolina;
• a pound of apples;
• 100 grams of sweet butter;
• a glass of sugar;
• 10 g of baking powder;
• 200 ml of kefir.
1. Pour kefir in a bowl, pour semolina, sugar, mix. Remove the semolina for half an hour to the side, so that it swelled to the desired consistency for baking.
2. Add softened butter and baking powder to the swollen mass, mix.
3. Put apples into small, prepared dough, cut into small cubes.
4. Pour the dough into a pan smeared and sprinkled with semolina, cook for 30 minutes.
Charlotte in a pan with apples: tricks and useful tips
• Charlotte can have a different look: apples are added to the dough, put in the middle, dividing the dough into two parts, or spread down. The only difficulty and peculiarity of making a cake in a pan is that it is difficult to turn the charlotte, so if you do not like the pale appearance of the top of the cake, it is best to spread the filling either in the first or third way. If you like the apples to be in the middle of the cake, use all kinds of sprinkles to make the appetizing look of charlotte. • To preserve the color of apples after cutting, you can sprinkle them with lemon juice. It is also recommended to cut the fruit just before laying.
• Sifted flour will give baking pomp. In addition, thanks to sifting, kneading the dough is much easier: the flour does not roll into lumps, it is evenly distributed.
• To charlotte turned out lush, be sure to add baking powder to the dough. You can replace it with ordinary soda, but it should be put less so that the pastry does not taste bitter.
• The airy and tender charlotte will be made of proteins, which are thoroughly beaten to a stable foam, which are introduced into the dough last.
• If you sprinkle the bottom and edges of the pan with semolina or shredded breadcrumbs, the charlotte crust will turn out to be ruddy and crispy. In addition, the pie will be easier to get.
• Decorate the cake only after it is completely cooled, so that icing sugar, chocolate or any other powder will not become damp, which will not only ruin the appearance of the cake, but will also soften the top of the charlotte.
• Even such a simple pie as a charlotte can be varied for every taste: put dried fruits, other fruits, berries, nuts, poppies with apples. Citrus peel, vanillin, cinnamon, nutmeg will add special aromas and taste. There are many options, it all depends on your readiness for culinary experiments.