Broccoli puree - general principles of cooking
If you care about your body shape or want to make your usual diet more useful, then include broccoli in your diet. This vegetable is not only useful, but also very tasty, if properly cooked. Broccoli puree is very tasty. They can successfully replace the usual mashed potatoes without loss in taste.
What is the difference between broccoli and other types of cabbage? This vegetable is considered to be an unsurpassed preventive measure against ulcers, overweight and even cancer. Like other green vegetables, broccoli is actively involved in the renewal of blood and maintaining a general tone.
Broccoli is most often mentally associated with baby food, and for good reason! After all, kids are useful dishes from broccoli, as they are involved in the formation of bone and muscle tissue. You can feed broccoli puree babies from six months on.
It is believed that broccoli does not have a very bright taste. It is not so, if properly cook it. Spices and spices, a little butter - and broccoli can be served as a main course.
This cabbage is useful not only for children, but also for adults, because it is rich in sodium, potassium, phosphorus, iron. Cook the broccoli delicious mashed potatoes and enjoy the delicate flavor.
Broccoli puree - preparing food and dishes
In order to make mashed broccoli, you can use both fresh cabbage and frozen. If you are cooking a dish of frozen cabbage, then defrost it in advance.
The biggest advantage of broccoli puree is that the finished dish retains all the useful qualities and usefulness.
Wash the cabbage and disassemble it into large florets. After the cabbage boil, cool it and chop with a blender in mashed potatoes. Add butter, cream, other vegetables and spices to puree.
Broccoli puree recipes:
Recipe 1: Broccoli puree
This recipe is simple and easy to perform. If you do not add butter, the puree will get dietary and low-calorie. You can add ground pepper, dried thyme or basil to the prepared dish. Ingredients Required:
- Broccoli 450 grams
- Garlic 3 teeth
- Place the stewpan on the fire, melt a piece of butter in it.
- Peel the garlic and cut each tooth into two or three pieces.
- Put the garlic for 2-3 minutes in the melted butter and fry. After that, remove the garlic (it is no longer needed), and add broccoli to the saucepan in the fragrant oil. Simmer the cabbage for about 8-10 minutes under the lid closed. Turn off the heat and cool broccoli.
- Chop the cabbage in a puree with butter, in which it was stewed, and serve, seasoned with spices and fresh butter if desired.
Recipe 2: Broccoli puree with bacon
This dish can not be called diet, but it is very useful, nutritious and, of course, tasty! Instead of bacon can use chicken or other meat. Meat with broccoli serve men as a main course. The same recipe can be adapted to the “female” version, instead of using bacon using slices of chicken or turkey.
- Broccoli 450 grams
- Bacon 200 grams
- Fresh basil green
- Washed broccoli cabbage disassemble hands on large inflorescences.
- Fill the pot with water, salt and broccoli. Cook the cabbage for about 7-9 minutes. Take out the broccoli on a plate and cool.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips.
- Wash basil.
- Crush the cabbage with a blender, adding butter and basil to it.
- Add bacon to the mashed potatoes and mix.
Recipe 3: Broccoli puree with green peas
If you add canned green peas to broccoli, you will emphasize the taste of mashed potatoes and make it brighter in color. Serve this puree to the fish or a separate dish. Ingredients Required:
- Broccoli Cabbage 450 grams
- Canned peas 200 grams
- Garlic 2 teeth
- White sesame 1 tablespoon
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Wash broccoli and disassemble with hands into large florets.
- Cook the cabbage in a pan filled with water for about 7-9 minutes. Take out the cooked broccoli on a plate and cool.
- Open a jar of peas, drain the liquid. You will need half the contents of the jar.
- Crush the cabbage and peas with a blender, adding butter and spices to the vegetables.
- Squeeze the garlic through the press, stir with a spoon.
- Sprinkle mashed white sesame before serving.
Recipe 4: Broccoli puree with cheese
Cream cheese goes well with broccoli, making mashed potatoes more tender and at the same time satisfying. Use grated cream cheese or creamy pasty.
- Broccoli 450 grams
- Cream cheese 150 grams
- Carrots 1 piece
- Wash broccoli and disassemble into inflorescences.
- Wash carrots off the ground, cut off the tail.
- Stew carrots and broccoli in a saucepan filled with water for 8-10 minutes. When the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the water and remove to cool.
- Grate the melted cheese.
- Chop carrots and broccoli with a blender, adding oil, salt, spices.
- Add the cheese into the puree, mix and serve to the table.
Recipe 5: Broccoli puree with cream and mushrooms
Very tender to taste dish, which will turn out so thanks to the addition of cream. If you add a little more cream, you get cream soup. When you pour cream into mashed potatoes, they should not be cold, but room temperature. Ingredients Required:
- Broccoli 450 grams
- Cream with fat content 15-20% 100 ml
- Mushrooms 200 grams
- Hard cheese 150 grams (salty of any kind)
- Boil broccoli in salted water until soft, no more than 8 minutes. Remove the cabbage from the water and leave to cool on a plate.
- Boil the mushrooms in a separate container for 8-10 minutes.
- Grate cheese.
- Chop chilled cabbage with a blender, adding mushrooms, cream and spices to it.
- Sprinkle the mashed potatoes with grated cheese before serving.
Broccoli puree - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Broccoli before chopping in mashed potatoes, you can not boil, and cook for a couple.
- Add parsley, dill or green basil in broccoli puree.
- Broccoli puree can be used as a complementary food for babies from six months of age. Cook it according to the traditional recipe and do not add butter or milk.
- If you add large vegetables to the mashed potatoes, add flour to the cabbage to the cabbage - so the vegetables will not settle to the bottom of the mashed potatoes.
- You can add white bread croutons to the mashed potatoes.
- To enhance the nutritional value of the dish, add to the puree a mixture of egg yolk and 50 grams of heavy cream.
- If the mash is cold and you want to serve it hot, then it is best to warm it up on the steam bath.
- Broccoli puree can be turned into a delicious soup by adding to it broth or cream.