The liver is a nutritious, healthy product with a rich chemical composition.
High content of proteins, vitamins and trace elements - liver is not inferior in its properties good meat cutting.
In addition to the undoubted benefits, the liver has a bright and delicate taste and aroma.
A wide variety of dishes are prepared from the liver; liver salads are especially interesting and tasty.
In more detail, we consider the salad "Obzhorka" in various variations.
Salad “Fat” with liver - general principles of cooking
The main ingredient of the dish is liver. For salads usually use chicken or beef liver. You can, of course, take and pork liver, but its structure is more loose, and the taste and smell is more specific - so this option is not for everybody.
So, the liver is thoroughly washed, dried, cut off the film and, if necessary, veinlets. Next, cut and or boil, or fry.
Additional ingredients to the salad are products such as mushrooms, onions, carrots, eggs, cheese. Especially ideally combined with liver mushrooms, you can use and forest mushrooms, and mushrooms grown in greenhouses.
The remaining ingredients are selected depending on the type of salad and its supply: for preparing a hearty salad you can use, for example, rice cereal or eggplant: for a lighter one — carrots, greens, lettuce leaves.
Salad salad "Obzhorka" mainly mayonnaise or sour cream. The original flavor gives the dish more interesting dressings, for example, based on soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard.
1. Salad “Obzhorka” with beef liver and cheese
• 320 g of liver;
• two carrots;
• two bulbs;
• 165 g of cheese (any solid); • four eggs;
• Apple vinegar;
• to taste mayonnaise, salt, pepper, greens.
1. Thoroughly rinse the liver, remove the films and veinlets, boil in salted water until ready.
2. Wash the carrots and boil in a uniform, cool, remove the peel.
3. Eggs boil, remove the shell.
4. Slice prepared liver into thin strips, carrots, cheese and egg whites coarsely chop and finely chop yolks.
5. Peel the onions and cut into quarters into rings, sprinkle with apple cider vinegar.
6. Put prepared liver on a large flat dish, pepper it and salt to taste, grease with mayonnaise.
7. The next layer is put marinated onions, then carrots and again smear the layer with mayonnaise.
8. Next, cheese shavings, egg whites, a grid of mayonnaise.
9. Top layer sprinkle yolks and finely chopped greens.
2. Salad “Obzhorka” with liver, mushrooms and ham
• 300 g chicken liver;
• three eggs;
• 220 g of champignons;
• 200 g of ham;
• vegetable oil;
• salt pepper;
• 250 g of mayonnaise;
• 20 g of sugar;
• vinegar and herbs.
1. Rinse the chicken livers, lightly dry them and place in the pan with hot oil. Stir for five minutes, stirring slowly.
2. Cut the cooled liver into strips.
3. Boil eggs, remove the shell, grate large on a grater.
4. Rinse the champignons, cut into plates and, with salt and pepper, fry to a blush.
5. Onions cut into thin transparent half-rings, pickle for ten minutes in a mixture of vinegar, sugar and regular hot water.
6. Cut the ham into strips.
7. Lubricate the bottom of the flat plate with mayonnaise, lay all the ingredients in layers in the following order: liver, salt, mayonnaise, eggs, pickled onions, mayonnaise, ham, mayonnaise, fried mushrooms.
8. Decorate the prepared salad with parsley leaves.
3. Warm “Fat” salad with chicken liver and eggplants
• 500 g of chicken liver;
• a glass of milk;
• two tomatoes;
• one eggplant;
• three cloves of garlic;
• Bell pepper;
• vegetable oil, salt, cilantro and parsley.
1. Rinse the liver, cut into cubes and soak for twenty minutes in cold salted milk.
2. Rinse and cut all the vegetables: onion and eggplant with ringlets, garlic plates, tomatoes with slices, and pepper with wide strips.
3. Put the liver on the hot oil, quickly fry on both sides, put in a plate.
4. In the same pan fry the onions with eggplants, garlic and pepper.
5. Pour salt, two or three tablespoons of water and put the liver.
6. Simmer for five to seven minutes, then lay out the tomatoes and finely chopped greens.
7. Turn off the gas, let the salad itself stand for some time.
8. Salad is served warm, seasoned with sour cream or mayonnaise if desired. Also it is good and cold.
4. Salad “Obzhorka” with chicken liver, meat, champignons and nuts
• 250 g chicken livers;
• 350 grams of chicken meat;
• 70-100 g of walnuts;
• 125 g cheese;
• 300 g of champignons;
• 300 g of lettuce leaves;
• 20 ml of lemon juice, olive oil and soy sauce;
• spoon of honey;
• salt, vegetable oil for frying;
• 20 g of mustard beans (finished).
1. Boil the chicken until cooked, cool and cut into small cubes.
2. Rinse the liver, cut into small slices and fry on all sides until golden brown.
3. In another pan, fry the mushrooms, cut into large strips.
4. Fry the walnuts in a dry frying pan for two to three minutes until a characteristic odor appears, then cool and chop in a mortar.
5. Cheese cut into cubes with a side of not more than one centimeter.
6. In a deep plate, mix the lemon juice with mustard beans, honey, a pinch of salt and soy sauce. 7. Put all the prepared products in the salad bowl, add the leaves of lettuce, torn hands into small pieces.
8. Pour the fragrant dressing and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Spread the ready-made “Obzhorka” salad with liver in portion salad bowls, serve before the main course.
5. Salad "Obzhorka" with beef liver and carrots
• a pound of beef liver;
• 285 g pickled gherkins;
• three carrots;
• oil for roasting;
• spices, salt, greens;
• 100 g of mayonnaise.
1. Cut beef liver in thin layers, sprinkle with a small amount of salt, fry in vegetable oil from both sides, giving each literally 1-1.5 minutes.
2. Then pour in a third of a glass of boiling water and simmer the liver until the liquid evaporates.
3. Cool the prepared liver and cut into slices.
4. Grate the peeled carrots grated on carrots in Korean style, cut the onion into transparent half rings.
5. Separate each other and fry both the onions and carrots until soft.
6. Cool all the ingredients of the salad and mix, add sliced gherkins, to taste with salt, spices and greens.
7. Season salad "Obzhorka" light mayonnaise. Mayonnaise can be replaced with sour cream.
6. Salad “Obzhorka” with liver and rice
• two bows;
• half a cup of rice;
• 320 g of liver (beef);
• two eggs;
• salt, pepper, mayonnaise;
• 35 ml of sunflower oil;
• dill (fresh, without coarse twigs).
1. Coarsely rub hard boiled eggs.
2. Boil the liver until tender and also grate on a large grater segment.
3. Rinse and chop the dill, chop the onion into quarters into rings.
4. Fry the onion until golden.
5. Boil the rice in plenty of water until cooked, then fold it over a strainer to drain excess liquid.
6. Form a layered salad, putting the ingredients in the following sequence: liver, passaged onions, rice, dill, eggs. 7. After onions, rice and eggs, layers will need to be greased with a small amount of mayonnaise.
8. Decorate the salad as desired: with tomatoes, herbs or nuts.
9. Before serving, hold in the refrigerator for impregnation for at least one hour.
7. Warm “Obzhorka” salad with liver, pine nuts and arugula
• 235 g beef liver;
• five to six cherry tomatoes;
• 30 g of pine nuts;
• 35 g of arugula;
• a mixture of peppers, salt;
• three or four mushrooms;
• 15 ml balsamic vinegar;
• two spoons of olive oil;
• 70 ml of soy sauce.
1. Beef liver thoroughly, rinse, cut the veins, carefully remove the film, pat dry. Cut into long, thin strips.
2. Rinse the mushrooms and cut them into strips or large strips.
3. Put the liver in the hot oil, fry until blush (2-3 minutes), add the mushrooms, fry for about three minutes, not forgetting to stir the ingredients constantly.
4. Pour soy sauce to the liver with mushrooms, simmer for two minutes, turn off the gas.
5. In a deep bowl or salad bowl, place the arugula, pre-rinsing and shaking it several times.
6. Add the four slices of cherry, and then put the liver with the mushrooms in the soy sauce.
7. Season the salad with a mixture of peppers and salt, mix. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
8. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
8. Salad “Obzhorka” with liver and crackers
• 235 g beef liver;
• 185 g of white bread without a crust;
• two small tomatoes;
• small onion;
• 65 g of hard cheese;
• 5 g sesame seeds;
• one spoonful of soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice;
• 10 g of sugar;
• vegetable oil;
• 15 ml grape vinegar;
• 130 g oyster mushrooms;
• spoon of honey.
1. Cut the prepared liver into straws, salt and fry for 3-4 minutes. 2. Dry the diced bread in the oven on a dry baking sheet.
3. Cut the washed tomatoes into slices.
4. Pour boiling water onions, chopped into half rings, add vinegar and sugar. Marinate for five minutes, then drain the liquid.
5. Cut the cheese into cubes.
6. Oyster mushroom, cut into small pieces, fry in butter until the blush.
7. Fry the sesame seeds for one minute in a hot, dry frying pan.
8. Mix everything in one large container, season with soy sauce, mixing it with honey and lemon juice.
Salad “Obzhorka” with liver - useful tips
• Liver is the product that, when combined with the right ingredients, makes a real masterpiece from a dish, but adding an improper product to a salad can ruin an amazing snack. Therefore, the selection of products fit carefully and try not to replace the ingredients in these recipes.
• If the liver is slightly frozen with - it will be much easier to chop it.
• The film is removed from the product once or twice; just pick it up from the edge and pull it sharply.
• If you do not like the product’s too strong smell, especially for beef liver, soak it for 20-30 minutes in cold milk. The aroma will not be so bright and strong.
• Keep in mind the liver does not like a lot of spices. Salt, a mixture of peppers and some greens - here, perhaps, the whole set.