Is it possible to salt a pink salmon and get salted salmon? Of course! If you do everything according to the recipe, and most importantly - do not overdo the fish. There are lots of delicious ways to cook salted salmon “for salmon”, which allow you to get a royal appetizer from a budget fish, a wonderful ingredient for sandwiches, salads, festive and everyday snacks. Prepare?
Salted salmon “under salmon” - general principles of preparation
For a good salted salmon “for salmon” you need to buy a quality fish. The flesh should be dense, uniform color, without bright spots of unnatural shades. If you buy fresh fish (not being frozen), then when pressed on the surface, the fossa should be quickly restored. If the fish with the head, then pay attention to the eyes. They must be transparent, in any case not cloudy or blood.
The general principle of cooking salted salmon:
1. Fish is cut into fillets. Whole salmon is not salted, the ambassador will be strong. Fillets can be made with or without skin. Can be cut into pieces of various sizes. Depends on the recipe.
2. Prepared spices. For the dry method, they are simply mixed, brine is made for wet cooking.
3. The fish is processed with spices or poured with brine. Matured the right time.
4. Pink salmon is wiped or washed, used for its intended purpose.
Salting time indicated in the recipes is approximate. It may fluctuate up or down, depending on the size of the pieces, the temperature of the product, the room and taste preferences. In order not to lose money, you can taste the creation from time to time.
Recipe 1: Plain salted salmon “under salmon”
Fish cooked according to this recipe will be cooked in 10 hours. But if you need to get a saltier product, you can keep it longer. For such a slightly salted pink salmon “for salmon” will require a minimum of products. Ingredients
• pink salmon;
1. It is necessary to carve the carcass. To pink salmon cooked faster, you need to remove the skin, but if you have a day, you can leave it. Cut off the head, remove the ridge with bones and cut a clean filet into 5 cm slices.
2. Mix in equal quantities salt and sugar. For a small fish up to 1 kg, 2-3 tablespoons of each spice is enough.
3. Put some salt on the bottom of the container, fold the first layer of pink salmon and sprinkle it on top. No need to stack the pieces close to each other. Sprinkle the whole pink salmon and send for 3 hours in a cool place. Then we take out and gently mix, swap the upper and lower pieces.
4. As soon as our fish marries to the desired state, remove excess salt. To do this, wipe the fish with napkins, pour the contents of the container.
5. Fill the pink salmon with oil, store in this form no more than a week in the refrigerator.
Recipe 2: Salted salmon “under salmon” in brine
To prepare fish for this recipe, thinly chop the fillet, 3-4 mm thick slices. It is more convenient to do this with frostbitten fillets. In addition to salt, nothing goes to the brine, but after drying with a piece, you can rub them with pepper, sprinkle them with any other spices, greens or onions.
• pink salmon;
1. Dissolve 5 tablespoons of salt in a liter of water. Mix well so as not to leave grains.
2. Cut the fillets into thin slices and dip into the pickle. Keep from 15 minutes to half an hour at room temperature.
3. We take out salted salmon “under the salmon” from the brine, dry out the excess moisture with a towel and pour oil on it. Done!
Recipe 3: Salted salmon “with salmon” with lemon
The fish turns out unusually fragrant, juicy and really reminds salmon. For cooking, it is desirable to take a juicy citrus with a thin skin.
• 0.8 kg pink salmon fillet;
• 1 tbsp. a spoonful of salt;
• 1.5 tablespoons of sugar; • a little black pepper;
• half a cup of oil;
• 1-2 lemons.
1. Cut fillets in arbitrary pieces. The larger and thicker they are, the longer the fish will prepare.
2. Mix salt, sugar, pepper and rub the slices from all sides. Just pour the leftovers and mix the pieces of fish in a bowl.
3. Lemon cut into thin rings.
4. Fold the fish in a container, layered with lemon.
5. We stand our pink salmon for 7-10 hours. Then pour vegetable oil on top. Withstand another 3 hours and you can remove the sample.
Recipe 4: Salted salmon “under salmon” with onions
For cooking salmon salmon under a salmon is better to use salad onions of red, white or purple. But you can take the usual, if it is not very sharp.
• one pink salmon about 1 kg;
• Spoon of salt;
• 0.5 tablespoons of sugar;
• 2 bulbs;
• 5 tablespoons of oil, any vegetable.
1. Cut off the head of a pink salmon, remove the ridge, fins and tail. Cut fillet with skin in large chunks.
2. Mix salt with sugar, rub the fish.
3. Shred the onion with thin rings or half-rings, finely rub in hands with a pinch of salt.
4. Send onions to the fish, mix, put in a bowl, pour with oil, cover with a plate and set a small oppression.
5. We maintain salted salmon under salmon from 12 to 15 hours in a cool room or in the refrigerator.
Recipe 5: Salted salmon “under salmon” Scandinavian
This recipe is used by the Scandinavians for salting salmon, but as it turned out, pink salmon turns out to be no less tasty. For cooking uses a rather large amount of spices, so the fish turns out spicy and fragrant.
• 1.2 kg fillet with skin;
• 50 grams of sea salt;
• sugar 2 spoons;
• a shot of vodka;
• 1 teaspoon coriander;
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper;
• 15 allspice peas;
• 2 spoons of dried dill.
1. Fillet well washed, wiped with paper towels. Carefully remove the skin, set aside. But not far, it will be needed for salting. 2. Coriander is well kept in a mortar. If the dill is large, then grind in the palms or also in a mortar, you can, along with coriander.
3. Mix salt with vodka, sugar, ground pepper and coriander with dill. Add peas allspice.
4. Rub with a fragrant mixture of pink salmon fillet from all sides. We stack on each other.
5. We take earlier postponed skin, we wind fish around. Then wrap the top with cling film.
6. We shift the package to the container, put a small load and send it in the fridge. Lightly salted fish will be cooked in 30-36 hours.
Recipe 6: Salted salmon “under salmon” in the freezer
The original recipe for cooking fish for salmon. Pink salmon turns out to be unusually tender, juicy, and all thanks to being placed in the freezer. Prepared in brine.
• pink salmon;
1. Cooking a toil. To do this, in a liter of water dissolve 5 tablespoons of salt and sugar. Cool brine well.
2. We cut the pink salmon into two fillets without skin, then each cut across into two parts.
3. Fold the pink salmon in a bowl, pour cold brine.
4. Put in the freezer for a day.
5. We get and defrost to the end.
6. Wash the fish with cold water, wipe well with a towel, cut and serve. For more juiciness, you can pour pink salmon with vegetable oil for a couple of hours.
Recipe 7: Salted salmon “under salmon” in cheesecloth
For this recipe, you need a large sea salt, with a small product salting will not work. You will also need a piece of pure gauze, which can be purchased at any pharmacy. All ingredients are taken in arbitrary quantities.
• pink salmon;
• dried dill.
1. Wash the fillets.
2. We wet gauze with cold water, squeeze and wrap a piece of pink salmon.
3. Sprinkle dill and coarse salt on top, do not regret. Wrap the second layer of gauze, you can and the third, depending on the size of the piece.
4. Put the fish in a tight cellophane bag, tie it well and put it in the fridge. 5. A day later we get a pink salmon, free from gauze, shake off the remnants of salt and wipe the fish. Cut and enjoy the taste! If you need some fish, then the remaining piece is wrapped again in the same cheesecloth and placed in the refrigerator. It will be wonderful to keep it for several days, but the salt must be shaken off, otherwise, it will not be salted fish anymore.
Salted salmon “under the salmon” - useful tips and tricks
• Fish is always cooled before salting. Also use cold tozluk. If you lay pink salmon in warm water, then the color will deteriorate, the taste, the flesh will fall apart, become loose, the pieces will not keep their shape well.
• Need to carefully cut salted salmon? To make the slices beautiful and thin, send the fish in the freezer. In the frozen form it is easy to cut even thin slices. By the way, if you salted too much pink salmon, then you can also store the fish in the freezer, before it is sealed.
• Lemon juice neutralizes fish fat. And since the pink salmon itself is dry, citrus can only be used in combination with oils. Otherwise, the fish will become tougher and drier.
• In order for the red fish to remain dense and not collapse, it is advisable to use the oppression when salting. It can be put with any method of preparation - dry and wet.
• Scissors - an indispensable tool when cutting fish. They are easy to remove the fins, uneven skin, cut off a fat belly. But in order for kitchen scissors to become really helpers, they must be big, sharp, have non-slip handles.