Fragrant pulp of honey melon - how not to try to stock up on such a delicacy for the winter?
It is unlikely that it will be possible to save fruit for so long, but in the form of jam, it is elementary!
Tropical oranges add more exotic to jam.
Melon jam with oranges - the general principles of cooking
• In order to turn an unusual melon jam with oranges into an exceptional delicacy, it is necessary to cook it from a very fragrant, slightly unripe melon, and take oranges only ripe and always sweet. The melon and orange pulp should not be soft, otherwise their pieces will fall apart during cooking, and the appearance of the dessert will suffer.
• The selected melon must be washed with warm water and peeled. The flesh is cut into small pieces of arbitrary shape. It can be cubes, bars or plates. To obtain a thicker jam, part of the pulp is interrupted in a puree by a blender, and then combined with its pieces. To make melon jam with oranges, you can use not only its pulp. No less delicious is an exotic delicacy obtained from its crusts. So that the pieces of crusts are not rigid, they are soaked in soda solution beforehand.
• Oranges are added in a purified form, because citrus peel produces bitterness when cooking. Orange pulp is cut into slices of the same size and shape as melon.
• To improve the taste and usefulness of treats, add spices, nuts, honey, sesame or other fruits. For example, they cook melon jam with orange and lemon, adding only citrus juice to the delicacy.
• For making jam, use only aluminum dishes or containers made of stainless steel. If the kitchen has such a device as a slow cooker, you can use it.
• To enjoy the amazing dessert not only during the ripening season of melon crops, you can prepare melon jam with oranges for the winter. For this, the ready-made jam is packaged in hot, practically boiling glass containers, and closed with special metal lids, which are rolled out for tightness with a sealer key. • It is not necessary to sterilize the cans, it is enough to wash the containers with hot water with soap or baking soda and dry them well in air. Covers boil necessarily.
Vanilla melon jam with orange and citric acid
• white sugar - 600 g .;
• two small oranges;
• one and a half kilograms of fragrant ripe melons;
• a small pinch of “lemon”;
• vanilla sugar - to taste.
1. Cut the skin off the melon, select the seeds, and cut the flesh into small pieces.
2. Oranges, scalded with boiling water, with the peel, grind in the same way as melon.
3. In a wide container, mix the slices of melon with orange slices and cover them with sugar.
4. Shake the container several times so that the sugar evenly covers all the slices, and leave overnight or at least for 6 hours.
5. Then put the tank on a moderate fire. Constantly stirring, cook for at least a quarter of an hour, until the sugar crystals completely dissolve.
6. Remove the pelvis from heat and allow it to cool completely.
7. After about four hours again, boil a quarter of an hour on a small fire and again set aside.
8. Add vanillin with citric acid to your taste in well-cooled jam and bring to the ready with minimal heat.
9. Roll the finished melon jam with oranges in sterile jars.
Melon jam with orange for the winter
• two large oranges;
• one and a half kilograms of fragrant melon;
• three full glasses (250 ml) of drinking water;
• two pounds of sugar.
1. Cut the melon from the seeds and peel into cubes of any size. Put the pieces in a saucepan, add sugar (500 gr.) To them and leave to heat for two hours.
2. Pour the remaining sugar into a separate saucepan and pour water into it, stir it. On a small fire, without stopping stir, boil the syrup and bring it to a boil. 3. Pour the melon covered with sugar with hot syrup, stir gently several times and leave to cover for 24 hours, covered with a towel.
4. Then pour the syrup and boil. Again, pour hot melon into the syrup and leave, but for 10 hours already.
5. Peeled oranges cut into cubes to size similar to melon slices and add them to jam, mix.
6. Over low heat, stirring occasionally, boil the melon jam until the melon slices are transparent and the syrup thickens.
7. Hot jam ready-packaged in clean cans and roll up.
Melon jam with orange and lemon
• one kilogram of sugar;
• dark granulated sugar - 50 gr .;
• one small orange;
• kilo melon pulp;
• half a liter of drinking water;
• half a large lemon;
• vanilla - half a small pod.
1. Pulp melon and peeled orange cut into medium-sized pieces of arbitrary shape. Lemon lemon for a couple of minutes in boiling water, then cut in half and squeeze well from one of its half juice. The second part of the lemon is not needed.
2. Pour brown sugar into cold drinking water and boil syrup over low heat. Once the sugar has dissolved and the syrup begins to boil, dip the orange and melon pieces into it and boil them with a slight boil for at least a quarter of an hour.
3. Then pour white sugar into the pan and pour in freshly squeezed lemon juice. Continue to make the jam until it is boiled down to the desired consistency.
4. Carefully cut the vanilla pod along with a sharp knife. Collect the seeds from its half and add to the jam, at the very end of cooking.
5. Spread hot jam in two clean glass jars of the appropriate volume. Seal them caulk cans.
Melon jam with orange for winter with sesame in a slow cooker
• 400 gr. white sugar;
• a small bag of vanilla sugar; • pulp of fragrant melon “Kolkhoznitsa” - 700 gr .;
• 30 gr. sesame seed;
• one big orange.
1. Rinse the orange and the melon well with warm water.
2. Peel citrus, peel off all white fibers and films. Cut the orange pulp into small pieces.
3. Cut the melon in half lengthwise and fully select the seeds. Cut off the peel with a sharp narrow knife. Try to capture as much hard pulp as possible under it. Cut the melon pulp into small cubes or cubes. It is desirable that the melon and orange slices be the same size and shape.
4. In the cooking bowl of the multicooker, put the melon slices in the first layer, put orange slices on them and cover them with white sugar.
5. Add vanilla sugar, sesame seed and start the multicast in Quenching mode for one hour.
6. Cook the jam under the lid, occasionally stirring the contents of the multi-cooker bowl.
7. After the beep, pack up the hot melon jam in sterile glass jars and seal hermetically with metal lids. Cool containers upside down under a blanket.
Melon jam with orange peel
• melon peels - one kilogram;
• refined sugar - 1.2 kg .;
• one and a half teaspoons of baking soda;
• nine glasses of filtered water;
• bag of vanilla - 1 gr .;
• one small orange.
1. Rinse melon peels with cold water. Cut off a thin layer of yellow skin from them, and cut the white flesh into medium-sized cubes and pierce each toothpick.
2. Pour a glass of hot water into a small bowl, pour soda into it and stir until the soda is well dissolved.
3. Pour the solution into a large saucepan and drain the precipitate. Add five glasses of cold drinking water, stir and pour the crushed crusts into the solution. Cover the container with a lid and leave for four hours. 4. Pour the remaining water in half the norm of sugar and put on low heat. After the sugar has completely dispersed, boil the syrup for 10 minutes and add the heat.
5. Into the boiling syrup, pour in the melon-crusts, well washed from the soda solution. After boiling, reduce the heat to medium and boil the jam for 15 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and leave to cool.
6. After about 6 hours, pour into the container the remaining sugar and pieces of orange pulp without peel and films. Mix well and on high heat, stirring constantly, bring the jam to a boil.
7. Reduce the temperature to the minimum and continue cooking for another three hours. Be sure to periodically mix the jam so that all the pieces are evenly boiled in the syrup. Approximately one minute before the end of cooking add vanillin.
8. Ready jam, hot roll in steam-treated jars, and cool upside down.
Thick melon jam with orange and lemon
• light honey - 125 gr .;
• peeled almonds - 60 gr .;
• one large lemon;
• Cardamom stars - 12 pcs .;
• 2 packs of gelling additive “Confiture”, “Zhelin” or “Zhelfiks”;
• small orange;
• one kilo pulp of fragrant melon.
1. Cut the washed melon in half. Cut off the peel and remove the seeds. Smash half the melon flesh into mashed potatoes with a blender, and cut the second part into small cubes.
2. Peel the orange. Disassemble it into slices and remove films from them. Remove the seeds and slice the orange pulp into small pieces, about the same size as the melon pulp.
3. Mix melon puree with pieces of its pulp and orange. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
4. Grind the cardamom with a coffee grinder and sift well through the sieve. Finely chop the almonds with a knife.
5. In the melon mixed with orange, add almonds with honey and add cardamom. Stir well and bring to a boil on the smallest heat. 6. Mix the sugar with the gelling additives and add to the boiling melon mass, continue cooking for about six minutes. Foam will appear on the surface of the jam, it must be removed.
7. For 15 minutes until cooked, put a few slices of lemon in the melon jam.
8. Ready melon jam can be eaten after cooling or distributed even hot in banks and rolled up.
Melon jam with oranges - cooking tricks and useful tips
• The surface of the melon should not have any dents and putrefactive damage, in these places the flesh usually has an unpleasant taste.
• Remove ossicles in oranges, otherwise they will give their bitterness to jam when cooking.
• An exotic delicacy will look original if you use curly knives to cut melons or choose its pulp with a special spoon, in the form of balls.
• If you want to add slices of sour citrus to melon jam with oranges and lemon, along with lemon juice, cut them very thin and put them in jam no more than a quarter of an hour before the end of cooking.
• When preparing melon jam with oranges for the winter, cool hermetically sealed cans under the blanket by placing the containers on the lids. Turn only after complete cooling.