Smoked Salmon - General Cooking Principles
Today, there are many authoritative studies designed to make gourmets around the world to eat that smoked products are not very useful. Meanwhile, it does not stop anyone, and people continue to feast on smoked fish, pork or chicken. In fact, most of the doctors agree on the following - everything that is in moderation is useful.
We agree with this statement, and therefore will share interesting recipes for smoked salmon. Do you think that smoked fish is only possible for those who have a real smokehouse at their disposal? The equipment went ahead, and therefore today you can get smoked meat without leaving your home.
Smoked salmon - preparing food and dishes
Salmon is most often smoked as a whole - it is the intact fish that turns out to be the juiciest, keeping the original taste and juiciness. You only need to cut off the head and gut the fish by making an incision on the belly.
However, you can also clear meat from bones and skins by getting fillets - this way of smoking will allow you to get fish ready for use or used in salads.
We turn to the issue of acquiring salmon. How not to buy a spoiled product? This topic is perhaps the most urgent one, because it is more profitable for merchants to sell “missing” salmon than to throw it away. Therefore, it is frozen or salted, giving out for salted. Fresh fish has a pleasant bright color for the eye - pink or carrot. As soon as it starts to deteriorate, the color starts to turn blue. As for frozen fish, here you need to be careful when buying. So, do not take the fish, which has a thick crust of ice. As for the color, the frozen salmon loses brightness, and has a smooth scarlet matte color.
The recipes will list the components, taking into account that the fish carcass weighs about a kilogram. However, salmon is different in size. Consider this when preparing products. Smoked Salmon Recipes:
Recipe 1: Smoked salmon at home
For this recipe you will not need a smokehouse or other complex devices. However, some things still come in handy - this is “liquid smoke”. Today you can buy it today at any large store. It is necessary to open the bottle with this tool, and the smell will take you to the field where the kebab is cooked. It is this “smoke” that will allow the fish to be smoked and make the salmon truly fragrant.
- Salmon - 1 bird
- Water - 1.3 liters
- Husk from 3 large bulbs
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- “Liquid smoke” - 1.3 tablespoons
- Prepare salmon for “smoking”. To do this, cut off the fish's head and gut it.
- Prepare the marinade. Heat the water, barely on the surface will be bubbles, add sugar, salt, husk, mix and let boil for 3 minutes. After this, cool the broth, strain through cheesecloth. Add liquid smoke to warm liquid.
- Place the salmon in a container, cover with liquid and leave at room temperature. The fish should be marinated for about 28-30 hours, after which it should be moved to a cold place and left there for 40 hours.
Recipe 2: Smoked salmon at home “quick”
Smoked fish can be cooked very quickly. Marinade for this recipe will be prepared according to a scheme that allows salmon to become “smoked” in just two days. The secret lies in the fact that the marinade will be kept a day before we fill them with fish.
- Salmon - 1 carcass
- Water - 1.2 liters
- Husk from 3 bulbs
- Sugar - 2.3 tablespoons
- “Liquid smoke” - 1.5 tablespoons
- Let's start cooking with the preparation of the marinade. Onion husks need to be boiled in water for 25 minutes, then remove the water and, without straining, leave for 12 hours to infuse in a warm place.
- Add dry ingredients and “liquid smoke” to the cold broth, mix.
- Fish cut off the head and gut.
- Pour marinade over fish and refrigerate for 48 hours.
Recipe 3: Smoked Salmon (in convection oven)
Very good if you have a convection oven at home. This universal thing is suitable for the preparation of any dishes and today is no less popular than the slow cooker.
- Salmon - 1 bird
- “Liquid smoke” - 3 tablespoons
- Prepare the fish. For cooking smoked salmon using aerogrill, you are best served with fillets. Cut the head and tail, cut the fish. Remove the spine and bones, and then pick up the skin with a knife and remove it.
- Rub salted meat from all sides on salmon and spread it with “liquid smoke”. Put the fish in the refrigerator under the oppression for half an hour.
- Make a foil pouch. Put the salmon in it and add two more spoons of “liquid smoke” to the bag.
- On the lower grille (the one closest to the bottom of the convection oven) lay out the bag of fish. Turn on the temperature at 200 degrees and set the cooking time to 30 minutes.
Recipe 4: Smoked Salmon (using an electro-smoke-house)
Today, many are buying a small smokehouse for the house powered by the network. Such a thing allows you to create real smoked products, and, very quickly and in a comfortable environment for the owners. If you want to cook smoked salmon with the help of electro-smoke, then do not forget to prepare the sawdust, the best fruit.
- Salmon - 1 carcass
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Black finely leaf tea - 1.5 tablespoons
- Prepare the fish: cut off the head and gut.
- Rub the salmon with salt. You can also add spices, such as ground allspice or hops-suneli.
- Prepare an electro-optic station for operation. Put the fish in it and cook for the first ten minutes without smoke.
- On a pallet a thin layer of neatly lay out sawdust, sprinkle them on top of tea and sugar. Lower the pan into the machine and cook the fish with smoke for 25 minutes under the lid closed.
- Then turn off the smokehouse, but do not reach for the salmon - let it stay under the closed lid for another half an hour.
Recipe 5: Smoked Salmon
If you have a country smokehouse, you can smoke fish immediately after you have cleaned it. If you want smoked salmon turned salty, then before cooking it will need to be marinated.
- Salmon carcass
- Clean the fish. If you want the salmon to be salty, rub it abundantly with salt, wrap in foil and leave in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- You will need fruit sawdust or sawdust from alder. Put them in a thin layer on the net, and put the twigs of apple or cherry on top. Place a dry salmon carcass on top. Save fish for about half an hour.
Smoked salmon - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
If you cook salmon in convection oven or smokehouse, then the fish should be completely dry. Blot her with napkins.
You can add to the salmon, which you smoke in aerogrill or in the smokehouse, lemon. To do this, put finely sliced slices inside the gutted carcass. A few more ingredients to give the fish an interesting flavor - garlic, basil, red hot pepper.
If you want the fish to be more delicate in structure, rub it with a mixture of salt and brown sugar. Use a little sugar, about 1: 5.