Italian appetizers have their own special aroma, bright and sunny. That is why they are loved all over the world. If you can not visit a restaurant, we recommend them to try at home. Here is a selection of various interesting recipes.
Italian Appetizers - General Cooking Principles
Light appetizers in Italy. Many of them are specifically designed to serve before the paste. Vegetables and herbs accelerate digestion and prepare the stomach for a heavy and nourishing meal.
What snacks are made from:
• tomatoes, eggplants and other vegetables;
• Parmesan, mozzarella and other types of cheese;
• chicken, meat, seafood.
Olive oil and various types of vinegar are often used in gas stations. Adding basil is welcome, in some recipes its amount is surprising. Black pepper may be present in snacks, it is better to grind it from peas before use, so as not to lose flavor.
Italian Caprese Snack
Caprese is the easiest type of Italian appetizer. Despite the small amount of ingredients, it turns out extremely fragrant and tasty. Basil is one of the most important components, do not try to replace it with something.
• 4 basil sprigs;
• 150 grams of mozzarella;
• 5 tomatoes;
• 5 Art. l oils;
• salt pepper.
1. Wash and dry the tomatoes. You need to choose ripe tomatoes that are the same size as the balls of cheese. In this case, the appetizer will have not only a harmonious look, but also a taste.
2. Cut the tomatoes into even circles. Leave on the board. Once again, the vegetable is better not to touch, so that it does not lose juices.
3. Cut mozzarella in the same circle.
4. Take a flat big plate. Put the snack in a circle in the form of a wreath, alternating between pieces of cheese and tomato, lay reclining.
5. Basil is better to take green. Rinse the twigs in advance, dry them, tear off all the leaves. 6. Lay the leaves between the tomatoes and the cheese. Pour remains into center of the formed wreath. You can put for beauty and twigs.
7. Top with a sprinkle of salt on the appetizer, pepper and pour over the wreath with olive oil.
8. Caprese can not be stored, the snack is served fresh after cooking, so do not need to do it in advance or use ingredients in large quantities.
Italian appetizer “Kaponata” with eggplants
The main, but not the only, ingredient of this Italian snack is eggplant. In general, in a sunny country they are actively used in cooking, and this is just one of the popular recipes.
• 2 eggplants;
• 100 ml of oil;
• Onion head;
• 1 tbsp. l capers;
• 3 celery stalks;
• 3 tbsp. l wine vinegar;
• 1.5 tablespoons of sugar;
• 1 tbsp. l pine nuts;
• 800 g of tomatoes in its juice.
1. Cut the eggplants in half lengths, salt out the pulp generously. Leave for about half an hour. Then the vegetables need to be salted, cut into small cubes.
2. Fry eggplants in olive oil for seven minutes. They should be softer, but not fall apart. Transfer to pan, add more oil to this pan.
3. Cut the onion, throw in the butter. Cook the vegetable for a couple of minutes.
4. Add diced celery stalks. Hold for a few more minutes on fire along with the onions.
5. Add tomatoes in your juice. You can lay them whole or chop with a blender. We do as you like. Cook over medium heat until soft celery. By the time it is about ten minutes.
6. We shift these vegetables to the eggplants.
7. Add sugar, vinegar and salt, pepper. Laying capers, pine nuts. Gently stir in order not to damage the pieces of vegetables.
8. Cook on low heat for another five minutes, cool. We shift in a vessel with a lid, let it brew in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Italian eggplant appetizer with dried tomatoes
Sun-dried tomatoes are used in many Italian snacks, but eggplants are particularly well combined with them. Your attention is one of the best recipes for fragrant rolls. Additionally, you need mozzarella, which is optionally replaced with other types of cheese. Ingredients
• two eggplants;
• 100 g of dried tomatoes;
• 4 tbsp. l olive oil;
• 2 basil sprigs;
• 2 mozzarella balls;
• 2 cloves of garlic.
1. If the eggplants do not pry, then immediately cut them into thin long plates, send them to an oiled griddle and fry over medium heat until ready. If specific bitterness is present, then soak it beforehand, then fry as well. You should not pour a lot of oil, it is enough to lubricate the surface, and that the vegetable is cooked inside, just reduce the heat.
2. Chop the garlic and basil, put it in the mortar, add the black pepper and mash it thoroughly. There will be an amazing flavor.
3. Mix the garlic mass with olive oil. You can replace it with sour cream. Yogurt or mayonnaise, if you do not want to get too fatty snack.
4. Lubricate all the eggplant plates with sauce.
5. Cut cheese about the same slices as tomatoes.
6. In each eggplant put a piece of cheese and tomato, roll up the roll.
7. We transfer the rolls on a plate, you can use any greens for decoration, but it is better to take basil.
Italian appetizer “Bruschetta” with tomatoes and chicken
Bruschetta is Italian sandwiches. For snacks they use different types of cheese, basil, eggplants, tomatoes, but the combination of tomatoes and chicken is especially successful and satisfying.
• half white loaf;
• 250 g chicken;
• 2 tomatoes;
• 0.5 tsp. coriander;
• 2 basil sprigs;
• salt, spices, oil.
1. Pour boiling water over tomatoes for a few seconds. Then rinse with cold water and remove the skin. To cut in cubes.
2. Cut the chicken flesh into small pieces, throw in the griddle, fry on high heat until rosy color.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, remove the heat, cover the pan and simmer until soft.
4. Fill with chopped basil, salt. Crush coriander seeds and add to the total mass. Stir.
5. Slice white bread or loaf. Dry in the oven or use a toaster. 6. Lubricate pieces of bread with tomato paste, apply generously. Additionally, you can decorate the bruschetta with fresh basil.
Italian Spicy Tomato Snack
It turns out that for the preparation of Italian snacks do not necessarily buy half the store. Sometimes it is enough to have only tomatoes and various spices.
• 3 tomatoes;
• 10 ml of apple cider vinegar or wine;
• 1 tbsp. l chopped greens;
• 2 tbsp. l olive oil;
• 1 clove of garlic;
• black pepper;
• 0.5 tsp. salt and sugar.
1. Tomatoes need to cut into circles, but do not do very thin. About half a centimeter.
2. Mix vinegar with sugar and salt, pepper, add olive oil and squeeze a clove of garlic. In general, you can throw everything in a bowl and beat with a blender.
3. Grease each tomato with cooked marinade, putting three things on top of each other, lightly press down.
4. Put in 30 minutes in the fridge. Then take out a snack, sprinkle with herbs and can be served!
Italian appetizer “Carpaccio” with beef
Meat version of the Italian snack, which uses beef. It is very important to use fresh meat of high quality, as in the classic version it is not subjected to heat treatment. But if desired, you can slightly fry.
• 0.2 kg of meat;
• 30 grams of parmesan;
• a small handful of basil leaves;
• 15 grams of capers;
• 3 grams of salt;
• 20 ml of oil;
• 15 ml of balsamic vinegar.
1. Cut the beef in thin layers. Cover with cling film, beat with a hammer. Can be cut into strips if the plates are large.
2. Put meat on a plate, pour vinegar, sprinkle with salt, pepper, sprinkle with olive oil. You can leave to marinate for a while.
3. Now simply lay out the capers on top, add the grated Parmesan.
4. We supplement the dish with fresh green basil.
Italian eggplant snack with mint
A variant of Italian marinated eggplant with mint. The original recipe uses white varieties. Blue eggplants can also be taken, but only with a thin and delicate skin. Ingredients
• 700 g of eggplant;
• 1.3 tsp. salts;
• 5 Art. l wine vinegar;
• a clove of garlic;
• 35 g mint;
• 110 g of olive oil;
• 10 g sugar.
1. Slice eggplants lengthwise, add 1 tsp. salt, stir. Leave for half an hour.
2. Throw the vegetable in boiling water, boil a minute, send in a colander.
3. Prepare the marinade from vinegar. Oils. Add the rest of the salt, sugar, stir. Pour into a saucepan and heat over low heat.
4. Chop fresh mint, add garlic, stir and pour the marinade.
5. Transfer the boiled eggplants to the mint mixture. Put the rest on top.
6. Put in the fridge for 5 hours and the Italian snack is ready!
Italian Appetizers - Tips and Tricks
• Do you like Italian snacks? Then you need to stock basil. It can be dried for the winter and frozen just like regular dill. Its greens turn out to be much more fragrant than purchased counterparts, besides, it can be thoroughly washed and dried, which is not always done at the factories.
• No mozzarella? This cheese can be replaced by other brine species. Something like him goat cheese. In any case, the absence of mozzarella is not a reason to refuse Italian snacks.
• Eggplants are often used in Italian dishes and are usually fried. If you do not like the abundance of fat, then try to cook slices of vegetables in a grill pan or in the oven, it will turn out just as good.