There is no time for preparing delicious pastries, but really want to pamper the family with a delicious and hearty dinner?
Then puff pastry will come to your aid, from which you can make a variety of puff pastries.
Especially interesting are puffs with cheese, recipes for such pastries can be very simple and more complex.
Try to cook flavored cakes according to our recipes, your loved ones will appreciate your culinary talents and taste of puff pastry with cheese.
Cheese Puffs - General Cooking Principles
The main ingredient of puff pastry with cheese, as the name implies, is the dough and cheese itself. The dough can be prepared independently, but today it is easier to buy, the range offered by stores is large, and prices are reasonable.
There are two types of puff pastry:
• Unleavened. Baking from such a semi-finished product gets plump.
• Yeast. Pies come out fluffy and airy.
Both types of yeast dough are tasty, therefore, in principle, you can use any of the options for making cheese puffs.
Cheese for pies can be hard varieties, melted, spicy, salty. It all depends on the additional ingredients and your preferences. Usually, the cheese is either finely chopped or grated. You can also put in a puff pastry with cheese ham, sausage, meat, mushrooms. In addition, puffs can be made sweet by adding cottage cheese, sugar, fruits and berries.
Cook the pies in the oven on a greased baking sheet. The raw material is still smeared with an egg, sprinkled with seeds, nuts, dry herbs, sesame seeds, depending on the ingredients included in the ingredients. Serve pastries both cold and hot.
1. Puffs from different sorts of cheese
• half a kilo of frozen puff pastry;
• two processed cheese;
• 130-150 grams of hard cheese;
• 180 grams of suluguni;
• sesame seeds.
1. Put the dough on a dry, clean defrosting table.
2. At this time, grate all types of cheese on a fine grater, mix.
3. Unfrozen dough, roll out into a thin layer.
4. Spread half of the cheese evenly into half a layer, cover the cheese with the other half. Press it with your palm, roll it out with a rolling pin.
5. Lay out the other half again on half of the layer, do the manipulations with the cover and rolling again.
6. Cut the finished layer of the layer into four equal parts, roll each of them a little more and again cut into four parts. In the end, you should have 16 square puffs.
7. Spread a baking sheet with oiled paper, carefully lay out the puffs with cheese.
8. Grease each billet with a beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Bake 20 minutes in an oven heated to 180 degrees.
2. Puff pastry pies with cheese and ham
• half a kilo of dough;
• 200 grams of ham;
• 200 grams of cheese;
• one egg;
1. Roll the pre-thawed puff pastry into a thin layer, without breaking the square shape.
2. Cut the formation into eight equal parts.
3. Cut both ham and cheese into slices.
4. Put in each square of puff pastry a piece of cheese, dill sprigs, ham slice.
5. Fold the puff pastry squares so that you have a triangular pie. Pinch the edges.
6. Put the items on a greased baking sheet, brush the surface of the puffs with an egg.
7. Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
3. Puffs with cheese, sausage, egg and greens
• a pound of puff pastry;
• 250 grams of hard cheese;
• 400 grams of boiled sausage; • 100 grams of green onions;
• three eggs.
1. Cut boiled sausage into small cubes, rub cheese on a coarse grater.
2. Mix the cheese with sausage and one raw egg.
3. Roll out the dough, cut it into rectangles.
4. Beat the remaining two eggs slightly with a whisk.
5. Put the cheese mixture on one side of the prepared rectangles. Cover the second half.
6. Grease the top and the edges of the puff with a beaten egg.
7. Remove the puff pastry in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to grab the dough.
8. Grease the surface with an egg once again, bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 180-190 degrees.
4. Puff pastry pies with cheese, spinach and greens
• 500 grams of puff pastry;
• 150 grams of fresh spinach;
• bulb bulb medium size;
• 30 grams of parsley and dill;
• two eggs;
• 70 grams of hard cheese;
• two tablespoons of crushed white bread crumbs;
• salt, ground pepper, dried herbs;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil;
• 30 grams of butter.
1. Put the dough plates on the countertop so that they are defrosted.
2. Rinse and dry all greens. Crush.
3. Peel the onion, cut into small cubes.
4. Put onion in vegetable oil heated in a pan, fry until softened.
5. Add finely chopped spinach, fry, stirring, about 5 minutes.
6. Put parsley, dill and crackers. Pepper and salt to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add grated cheese and one egg and one protein whipped with a small amount of salt.
8. Soak the green mass on the fire for another minute, then remove the pan from the heat.
9. Thawed dough, roll out, cut out the squares.
10. Lubricate the edges of the square around the perimeter with water.
11. Put the prepared filling on one half, make three small cuts on the second half. 12. Cover the second half of the square first, close up the edges.
13. You should have a pie with an original half-open top.
14. Blind in the same way and the other cakes.
15. Put them on an oiled baking sheet, bake at 200 degrees for 25 minutes.
5. Sweet puffs with cheese and curd
• 200 grams of hard cheese;
• 500 grams of dough;
• 200 grams of cottage cheese;
• three spoons of sugar;
1. Roll out the thawed dough, cut circles in any convenient way.
2. Place all prepared circles in suitable silicone molds.
3. Mix the grated cheese with a crumpled cottage cheese, sugar and egg.
4. Place in the middle of each cup a tablespoon of cheese filling.
5. Cover with the remaining scraps of the puff.
6. Cook the products in an oven heated to 185 degrees for 30 minutes.
6. Hearty puff pastry pies with cheese and chicken
• kilogram of puff pastry;
• 150 grams of cottage cheese;
• 250 grams of hard cheese;
• 400 grams of chicken fillet;
• salt, black pepper;
• A couple of spoons of tomato paste.
1. Put the chicken fillet in a saucepan with water, boil until ready for 15 minutes in lightly salted water.
2. Cool the finished fillet, cut into small cubes.
3. Grate the hard cheese on a coarse grater. Leave 1/5 of the cheese to decorate the puffs, mix the rest with the chicken.
4. Add cottage cheese, kneaded with a fork, to the curd, spices, salt and tomato paste to taste.
5. Roll out the dough into a thin layer, cut into squares with a side of at least 15 centimeters.
6. Put the stuffing in the middle of each square, pinch the edges of the dough so that you have a kind of bag.
7. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper, grease it with oil.
8. Put the patties with cheese and chicken. Sprinkle each puff with the remaining grated cheese. 9. Cook 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
10. Fifteen minutes before the readiness of the puff pastry with cheese can be smeared with a slightly beaten egg.
7. Puffs with cheese and mushrooms
• 200 grams of hard cheese;
• 500 grams of dough;
• half a kilo of oyster mushrooms;
• salt pepper.
1. Peel the onion, cut into thinnest quarter rings.
2. Rinse the mushrooms, dry a little and chop finely.
3. Fry the mushrooms with onions, adding pepper and salt.
4. Thawed puff pastry roll out squares of about 10 to 10 centimeters.
5. Slice the cheese into thin slices.
6. Place the fried mushrooms in the center of each square, place the slices of cheese on top.
7. Mold pies in the form of dumplings.
8. Spread the finished patties on a greased baking sheet, bake in a heated oven to 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Sweet puff pastry pies with cheese and berries
• 0.5 kg puff pastry;
• 250 grams of cream cheese;
• two tablespoons of granulated sugar;
• pitted cherries;
• half a cup of powdered sugar;
• 50 ml of cream;
• vanilla to taste.
1. Whip cream for icing in a small container with powdered sugar and vanilla, put it in the fridge to cool.
2. Heat the oven to 200 degrees, defrost the dough.
3. Cream cheese, mash with a fork, whisk with sugar.
4. Roll out thawed dough, cut into squares of the same size.
5. Place a spoonful of sweetened cheese in the center of each square, put three cherries on top.
6. Connect all the tips of the square in the middle.
7. Bake puffs with cheese and berries until golden brown for 10-15 minutes.
8. Before serving, pour the pastry with fragrant icing.
Cheese puff pastry pies - tricks, tips
• If you decide to make puff pastry on your own, then you already know how hard it is. Therefore, you should prepare it for future use. To freeze the finished dough is quite simple, even in a conventional freezer. Make layers suitable for storage, sprinkle them with flour and pack in cling film. Put the wrapped dough in the freezer. • Do not forget that when kneading puff pastry it is impossible to use cool, warm water. Just ice water.
• Puff pastry is defrosted at room temperature very quickly, so do not use accessories for this purpose: soaking in hot water, microwave and others.
• If you plan to bake sweet products, do not forget about sweeteners, for example, honey, sugar, as there are no sugar in the puff pastry.
• It happens that during baking the melted cheese flows out of the dough. The fact is that the edges of puff pastry stick together hard, and they often stick together from each other. To avoid leakage of cheese, grease the edges of the puffs with egg, milk or plain water.
• To make the filling enough for all the slices of the cut and rolled puff pastry, put the cheese with other ingredients on all the dough at once, only after that start making puffs.
• If you lubricate the billet with an egg, the finished product will not only acquire an appetizing golden color, it will be well kept with various kinds of powdered additives: sesame, sugar, spices and others.
• Do not forget about the temperature in the oven. Puffs of cheese are placed strictly in the already heated oven, and not in the cold.