Thanks to its extraordinary taste and beneficial properties, tuna has become popular in many cuisines of the world. A lot of dishes are prepared from the meat of this fish, and one of them is tuna steak.
The juicy, tender flesh of the fish perfectly marinates, does not overdry, it is combined with many products.
Tuna steak - general principles
This dish is also wonderful because it is often not necessary to spend time cutting fish, because tuna steak can be purchased in almost all major stores. It is enough to defrost pieces of fish, marinate for half an hour, fry or bake. Prepare the fish for 15-20 minutes.
If a whole fish was purchased, it is thoroughly washed and gutted. Cut into large pieces with a thickness of 1.5 to 3 cm. For steaks do not use those parts of the pulp, which are located at the tail and head, only the middle of the fish.
The marinade usually includes lemon juice, mustard, white wine, ginger, herbs and fish spices, and soy sauce. There are recipes where the marinade is not needed, just rub the tuna with salt and pepper, sprinkle with lemon or orange juice and bake in the oven, wrapped in foil. The spice of basil, rosemary, laid out in unground form directly on the steak, will add the flavor to the dish.
This tuna steak is served with potatoes, cauliflower or broccoli, rice, vegetables, green beans.
There are also recipes where the steak is baked with additional ingredients, such as mushrooms, cheese, which makes the dish more satisfying. Often put slices of onions and tomatoes on top of the marinated steak. In this case, the fish serves mostly fresh greens and vegetables.
1. Tuna steak with herbs
• 1 large tuna;
• basil, cumin, rosemary, sage powder - 10 g;
• 30 ml of olive oil;
• salt, allspice powder - on a pinch;
• half a lemon;
• parsley - bouquet floor;
• a small amount of cooking oil. Preparation:
1. Fresh tuna cut into fillets, washed, cut into four large pieces.
2. In a separate cup, mix all the herbs, salt, pepper.
3. Dip the pieces of fish in olive oil, sprinkle with a mixture of herbs.
4. Heat the frying pan, pour in the sunflower oil, put the prepared fish steaks, fry on both sides for about four minutes until light brown crust.
5. Fried steak served on a serving plate, garnished with parsley leaves and lemon slices.
2. Moroccan tuna steak
• 1 medium tuna;
• half a glass of vegetable and olive oil;
• garlic head floor;
• lemon juice - 2 tbsp. spoons;
• seasoning paprika, coriander - on a pinch;
• parsley, dill - on the floor of the bunch.
1. Greens are washed and ground together with peeled garlic cloves through a blender.
2. Squeeze lemon juice, pour it into greens and garlic, pour the paprika and mix again with a blender, while slowly pouring in olive oil.
3. Fish cut, chop steaks, wash, thoroughly pour over the cooked sauce and leave to soak for 40 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. After 40 minutes, put the fish out of the marinade into the pan with the usual oil, fry from all sides for 2 minutes.
5. Fried tuna steaks are laid out on plates of 2 pieces per serving, pour over the sauce in which the fish is pickled, next to we put stewed vegetables, sprinkle with chopped dill.
3. Tuna steak with cheese and vegetable garnish
• 2 small tuna;
• Dutch cheese - a small piece;
• half a bunch of green onions;
• 1 lemon;
• some cooking oil;
• flour - 1 tbsp. spoon;
• salt, pepper - 10 g.
• 2 potatoes;
• a couple of tomatoes;
• 3 leaves of lettuce;
• 30 ml cooking oil;
• salt, pepper - 10 g.
1. Cut the tuna flesh into small pieces.
2. Squeeze juice from lemon.
3. Fill fish pieces in salt, pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice and let them feed for a few minutes. 4. Soak the dried pieces with paper towels, roll them down in flour, spread them on a hot frying pan with warm oil, fry on all sides for a few minutes.
5. Reduce the fire, sprinkle the fish with cheese, close the lid, withstand until the cheese melts.
6. Cooking garnish: peel potatoes, cut into thin slices, cut tomatoes into rings, add some salt, pepper and bake until tender and crisp.
7. When serving, spread on plates of 2 tuna steaks, next to prepared vegetables, decorate with lettuce leaves.
4. Tuna steak with mushrooms
• 6 medium fresh mushrooms;
• 2 tomatoes;
• Arugula - 150 g;
• 1 medium tuna;
• a pair of onions;
• A couple of garlic cloves;
• olive oil - 1.5 cups;
• wine vinegar - 50 ml;
• 30 ml of red wine and any broth;
• 1 lemon;
• mustard, honey - 30 g each;
• 10 g of black pepper and salt;
• salad greens - 2 leaves.
1. Washing my tomatoes, chop the blender together with arugula, put it on the plate.
2. Cut the cleaned and washed champignons into two parts, chop the onion into cubes, squeeze the garlic through the garlic box.
3. Pour wine, broth, vinegar into a separate cup, mix with honey and mustard, olive oil, black pepper, salt, mix everything well.
4. Fry the champignons with onions in a frying pan in the heated oil for a few minutes, lay out the garlic, fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Cut the prepared tuna fillet into pieces, sprinkle with pepper, salt and spread into hot oil in a frying pan, fry on both sides to a crust. At the end of frying pour lemon juice.
6. Put lettuce leaves on a flat plate, spread roasted steaks, near mushrooms and onions, pour over tomato and arugula sauce.
5. Tuna steak marinated in soy sauce
• 5 tuna steaks;
• 6 cherry tomatoes;
• 30 ml of soy sauce;
• salt, pepper, granulated sugar, hot pepper powder - on a pinch;
• oil for frying - 5 tbsp. spoons; • lettuce greens - 2 leaves;
• Balsamic vinegar - 10 ml;
• a piece of butter.
1. Wash steaks of tuna, dry them with paper towels, rub with pepper, salt, put them into a small cup, pour in a little soy sauce and leave for 25 minutes.
2. My tomatoes, cut in half, spread on a frying pan with butter and fry, turning from side to side for a few minutes.
3. Sprinkle the tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with sugar, hot pepper and fry for another 1 minute, put them on a plate.
4. Marinated steaks put on the same pan, fry from all sides on high heat for a few minutes until crisp.
5. When serving in a batch, we lay lettuce leaves, put steaks on them, and place roasted tomatoes around.
6. Tuna steak with teriyaki sauce
• 2 medium tuna steaks;
• some olive oil;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• 4 cherry tomatoes;
• garlic - 2 cloves;
• half a bunch of green onions.
For the sauce:
• wine vinegar - 40 ml;
• granulated sugar - pinch;
• soy sauce - 5 tbsp. spoons.
1. For the “teriyaki” sauce: mix wine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a small cup.
2. Put the prepared tuna steaks into the sauce, remove for a couple of hours and marinate in the fridge.
3. After the allotted time, we transfer the pickled fish to paper towels, dry them a little.
4. Sprinkle steaks with olive oil and put on a hot frying pan, fry for about four minutes on both sides.
5. Put the steaks on a plate, pour the sauce into the pan, bring to a boil, strain and pour into a bowl.
6. Cut the sweet pepper into two halves, remove the seeds, wash, cut them into strips, fry with the addition of olive oil together with the chopped garlic cloves.
7. When serving, put the steaks on a plate, roast peppers with garlic, sprinkle with chopped green onions, set the sauce separately.
Tuna steak - tips and tricks
• Do not add a lot of spices when scrubbing fish or in the marinade, otherwise tender meat will lose its taste and unique flavor.
• To make a tuna steak a beautiful ruddy color, brush it with a small amount of soy sauce before baking or frying, you can add a little paprika and honey.
• If you do not have any seasoning, do not worry, tuna steak, sprinkled with a mixture of lemon juice and salt, will come out no less tasty seasoned fish.
• In the oven, steak can be cooked both in the sleeve and in the foil. If you don’t have them, just put the prepared pieces of fish on the oiled baking sheet. In this case, it will be necessary at least two or three times to pour steaks with marinade or salted juice to keep the top of the fish dry.
• Baking in foil retains all the nutrients of the fish, but this method of heat treatment deprives the steak of an appetizing crust. To steak still had a ruddy crust, it is recommended to fry a piece for one minute in a frying pan in well heated oil, then put it in the oven. Then the time for cooking must be reduced.
• When frying in a pan, there is a possibility that the steak will stick to the bottom, which will ruin the appearance of the dish, so it’s important to put the pieces in a well-heated oil, then the fish will immediately grab the crust.
• When steaming fish, do not forget to grease the sheet with oil so that the steak does not stick. It is also important to place the fish after, and not before the water boils.
• Any cookware for steak cooking should have a non-stick coating.
• Tuna steak marinated according to the above recipes can also be cooked on the grill.