Creamy Soup - General Cooking Principles
When drawing up a list of dishes for the daily diet, an experienced hostess necessarily includes in it the first dishes. Soups and borscht should be eaten at least several times a week, and ideally - every day, since hot liquid food stimulates the bowels and ensures healthy functioning of the whole organism. Also, do not be superfluous to eat cold soups, such as okroshka and beetroot soup.
There are a lot of recipes for first courses and it’s not difficult to choose among them something unusual and tasty. One of these first courses is creamy soup. This dish got on our tables from French cuisine, but immediately fell in love with the unusual creamy aroma, rich taste, richness and simplicity of preparation. It should be noted that, despite the high calorie content of the cream, the creamy soup is still obtained tender and not at all greasy. This dish can be used by anyone who adheres to low-carbohydrate diets and watches nutrition.
Creamy Soup - Preparing Food and Cookware
To prepare the dishes we need liquid cream. Use their average fat content, for example, 10-15%. There is also a 30% cream on sale, but the soup will then be very fat, and its delicate tenderness will disappear. Purchase dairy products in a store or on the market, however, make sure that the cream is fresh, soft cream color without yellowness. If you buy cream in a tetrapack, study the labels on the package and make sure that there is not less than a month by the end of the shelf life.
In order to cook the soup, it was convenient for us to prepare, before starting the process, an enameled 3-liter saucepan, speed for frying, a cutting board, a knife, a grater and the products indicated in the recipe. In addition, for some recipes you will need another pan, where you will need to boil the vegetables separately for soup.
Cream Soup Recipes:
Recipe 1: Creamy Soup
This dish, despite the simplicity and speed of preparation, will occupy an honorable place among the favorite dishes of your family. You will need chicken broth, potatoes, vegetables for frying and, of course, cream. Ingredients Required:
- Chicken broth 1 liter
- Potatoes 3 pieces of medium size
- Carrot medium size piece
- Bulb small 1 piece
- Hard cheese of any salty variety (for example, “Russian”) 100 grams
- Cream 200 ml (no more than 15% fat)
- Salt, ground pepper
- Parsley fresh
- Pour chicken broth into a saucepan, add a liter of mineral water, put on fire.
- Peel the potatoes. Whole dip it in boiling broth and let it boil for 15 minutes. After this period of time, remove the potatoes, mash them in a mashed potatoes, and again put them in a saucepan.
- As soon as you put the potatoes to boil, start cooking zazharki. To do this, wash the carrot well and clean, remove the onion peel. Preheat pan, brush with sunflower oil. Finely chop the onion, spread it over the skillet. Grate carrots on the finest grater, add to onions. Fry vegetables for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Add fry to the soup along with crushed potatoes, salt to taste. Boil for 5-6 minutes, add cream, bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Grate hard cheese on the smallest grater.
- Wash the parsley and chop finely.
- Serve the creamy soup, add a pinch of grated hard cheese to the poured soup and garnish with parsley.
Recipe 2: Creamy Chicken Soup
One of the most common types of this dish is cream soup with chicken. Gentle taste, delicate aroma are the hallmark of this dish, which will surely please all your family and friends.
- Chicken fillet 300 grams
- Potatoes 2 pieces of medium size
- Carrots 1 medium size
- Bulb average 1 piece
- Butter for frying (a piece of 50 grams)
- cream 200 ml (fat content 10-15%)
- fresh parsley
- Fill the three-liter saucepan with water to about half. Wash chicken fillet under running water, remove the film and put it to boil, pre-salted water.
- Wash potatoes, peel and cut into small cubes. Add to the pot to the chicken when the water boils.
- Cook the fry. To do this, remove the onion peel, finely chop it into cubes. Put fry in a heated pan, greased with butter. Wash carrots thoroughly and rub on the finest grater, add to onions. Cook the vegetables for about 6 minutes until golden.
- Remove the chicken fillet from the soup, cool it and cut it into small cubes. Return to the soup along with the grill.
- Wash the parsley and chop finely.
- Pour the cream into the soup, bring to the boil, add the chopped greens.
- After 2 minutes, turn off the heat - the dish can be served!
Recipe 3: Creamy Mushroom Soup
Creamy soup will be very tasty if you cook it with mushrooms. Light and fragrant, not at all high in calories, you can use it even on a diet or eating a low calorie diet.
- Mushrooms 400 grams
- Medium sized potatoes 2 pieces
- Onions average 1 piece
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Cream 300 grams (10% fat)
- Fill the three-liter pot with half the water, put it on the fire.
- Rinse the mushrooms well under running water, chop finely.
- Peel the potatoes and finely chop them into cubes.
- Dip the cooked vegetables in a pot of boiling water, salt.
- Peel the onion, finely chop and fry in a frying pan for 5-6 minutes. Add to soup.
- After 10 minutes, pour the cream into the soup, bring to the boil.
- Wash the greens and finely chop, add to the pan. After 2 minutes, remove the creamy soup from the heat and serve.
Recipe 4: Creamy Salmon Soup
This dish will take you to the Mediterranean shores, as the salmon cream soup came to us from there. In fact, you can use any kind of beautiful fish for this dish: pink salmon, salmon, trout. Ingredients Required:
- Lightly salted red fish 300 grams
- Potatoes 2 pieces
- Medium sized onions 1 piece
- Carrot average 1 piece
- Sunflower oil for roasting
- Cream 200 ml
- Dill, fresh parsley
1. Pour water into a saucepan, put on the fire and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the bones from the fish, cut it into small cubes and add to the pan, salt it.
3. Put the peeled potatoes in the whole form, boil in a separate saucepan. When the potatoes are boiled, mash them in mashed potatoes and add to the fish.
4. Make a vegetable fry. To do this, peel the onions and finely chop them, wash and peel the carrots, and then grate them on a grater. Heat the pan, grease it with sunflower oil. Put onion and pass it for about 3-4 minutes, then add carrots to it. Fry the vegetables for about 6-8 minutes, then add the stir-fry to the soup.
5. Wash greens and chop finely.
6. Pour the cream into the soup, bring the soup to a boil, then add the greens to it. Remove pan from heat after 2 minutes.
Cream soup with fish can be served both hot and cold.
Recipe 5: Creamy soup with melted cheese and croutons
The usual processed cheese will help you to make creamy soup more delicious and rich. Take for this classic “Friendship” or another cream cheese with creamy taste. Special spicy dishes will add an additive in the form of toasts - serve them separately. You can use the purchased croutons, but the best is to cook them yourself.
- 2 potatoes
- Processed cheese 2 pieces (200 grams)
- Onions 2 pieces of medium size
- Butter for frying
- Cream 200 ml
- White roll
- Garlic 3-4 teeth.
- Fill half the water in a saucepan and set it on fire.
- Peel the potatoes and dip them whole in boiling water. Boil the potatoes for about 13 minutes, then remove and mash, and again put in the pan.
- Finely chop the onion, spread it over the frying pan, greased with a piece of butter, until golden brown. Add onions to the soup.
- Wash and chop the greens.
- Cut the melted cheese into cubes, dip into the soup, and after 4 minutes, add the cream. Bring to a boil, add the parsley and turn off the heat.
- Make homemade croutons. To do this, cut the loaf into cubes and place the pieces on a hot, dry frying pan. Fry croutons for about 5 minutes, sprinkle with garlic pressed through a press and salt.
Creamy soup - secrets and tips from the best chefs
- The main rule of making a creamy soup is that the resulting dish is very tender. To do this, all the ingredients should be finely chopped, and the potato is better not to cut into cubes, and boil and stir in mashed potatoes.
- If you decide to cook cream soup with mushrooms, you can use any variety - from forest white and oil to shop champignons. The only difference is that the creamy soup with wild mushrooms will be more fragrant.
- In addition to the traditional greens in the form of parsley, you can also add celery (for flavor) and spinach (the soup will turn out more beautiful in color).
- To make the flavor of the creamy soup even brighter, you can use chopped celery root as one of the ingredients. Add it to the soup at the stage of adding potatoes.
- Add a couple of dry bay leaves for flavor to the creamy soup.