One can talk for hours about the wealth of Armenian cuisine. Hundreds of recipes for vegetable, meat dishes, pastries, snacks and desserts.
But a special place is occupied by Armenian soups.
Their variety, combination of products and cooking technology are impressive.
Prepare Armenian soup?
Armenian soup - general cooking principles
Armenian soups are cooked in meat, vegetable and dairy broths. But even vegetarian dishes are rich, rich, hearty. Meat is most commonly used beef and lamb. Vegetables, especially tomatoes, eggplants, sweet peppers are at a premium.
As refills often use adjika, different types of peppers and, of course, greens. Parsley, cilantro, tarragon, mint and dill. Armenian cuisine cannot imagine its existence without these fragrant additions.
The technology of making Armenian soups is radically different from each other. Ingredients can be put all together or alternately. Vegetables can be run raw, roasted, baked. Sometimes even mashed potatoes are added. But one thing is invariable - an excellent result, which is expected at the end of cooking.
Recipe 1: Armenian soup “Khash”
Most often the dish is prepared from beef or veal, less often from lamb and other types of meat. For the old Armenian soup used scar, legs, tail.
• legs, scar, tail;
• cilantro, parsley.
1. Feet and tail should be well washed, scrape if necessary. Then cut through the joints, put in a large saucepan and boil for 40 minutes.
2. Separately wash the scar and boil for 15 minutes. This is done so that the peculiar smell disappears.
3. Now drain the water, pan, and meat products are well washed. Fill with cold water, put a scar and set to boil for about 7 hours. Soup should not actively seethe, it is better to cook with a slow boil.
4. Half an hour before the end of cooking, add salt, bay leaf and peppercorns to the broth. 5. Remove the contents from the broth, cool and pick the meat. The scar is cut. Spread on plates and pour boiling broth.
6. Serve with garlic dressing and green radish. To prepare, finely chop the peeled teeth, add chopped greens, salt, a little vinegar and broth. Mix and put in a plate. Radish cut into thin slices or three, salt and serve in a separate container.
Recipe 2: Armenian Soup “Spas”
This first dish is often consumed cold to quench thirst in the heat. But no less tasty and hot food. For the Armenian soup requires a special fermented milk product - matsun. But often, due to lack of product, ordinary kefir is used. You will also need wheat grains that are pre-soaked in cold water for swelling. In Armenia, they are called “Dzavar”.
• liter of matsuna;
• 80 grams of wheat;
• a raw egg;
• 0.5 tablespoons flour;
• cilantro greens, mint;
• litere of water.
1. We wash wheat grains, soak for the night. Then again wash well, dry with a paper towel.
2. Break the egg, salt and mix with flour. It is better to do it immediately in a saucepan in which you plan to cook the soup.
3. Introduce matsun (or any other fermented milk product) in a trickle, mix. Then pour in water, it should be cold.
4. Add swollen wheat. Sometimes couscous or millet is used instead of wheat.
5. Put the milk mixture on the stove, periodically stir with a wooden spatula. Closer to boiling we begin to interfere actively, boil the soup for 5 to 20 minutes until the cereal is soft.
6. Chop finely onions, fry with butter in a pan.
7. Send the roast to the pan, salt it.
8. Add chopped greens, mint and turn off.
Recipe 3: Armenian Khashlama soup
For the preparation of Armenian soup will require lamb, as well as fresh beer. This product gives the dish a special, bread aroma and taste. Do not be afraid to add alcohol, in the process of cooking it will completely evaporate. Boil the soup is better in the cauldron, but you can use a thick-walled pot or a pressure cooker. Ingredients
• 1.2 kg of mutton;
• 700 grams of beer;
• 2 sweet peppers;
• 900 grams of tomatoes;
• basil, cilantro, dill, parsley.
1. At the bottom of the cauldron lay out pieces of lamb. Immediately salt, pepper.
2. Wash greens, dry leaves and chop finely. Sprinkle with meat.
3. We cut the bell peppers into strips. Spread over green. Spicy lovers can also add chopped chilli peppers.
4. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute, cool in cold water and remove the skin. Cut into neat rings and lay them on top.
5. Fill the beer, cover the cauldron and simmer on medium heat for about two hours. During this time, a lot of moisture will be evaporated from vegetables, it will mix with meat juice, beer and you will get amazing broth.
Recipe 4: Armenian soup “Krchik”
This dish can be called a relative of our soup. For the preparation of Armenian soup, sauerkraut and wheat groats are used. You can cook in meat broth, but we will make a vegetarian option.
• 100 grams of wheat cereal (small);
• 500 grams of sauerkraut;
• 2 onions;
• 2 spoons of tomato paste;
• 400 grams of potatoes;
• spices, some oil.
1. Shred onion, fry in oil.
2. Press sauerkraut, if it is too sour, then wash it in cold water, you can soak for half an hour. Cut into pieces so that they are not very long, about 2 centimeters.
3. Send the cabbage to the pan to the onions, add a little water and simmer until soft, at the end add tomato paste.
4. Boil chopped potatoes in water almost to readiness. Instead of water, you can use meat or chicken broth.
5. Separately boil wheat cereal in two glasses of water. Sent in a pot with potatoes.
6. Add to the soup the contents of the pan, boil for 10 minutes all together. At the end of salt, pepper. You can add any spices.
7. When serving Armenian Krchik soup, add hot peppers and parsley to the plates.
Recipe 5: Armenian soup “Play Singapore” with lentils
Used for cooking beef, which can be successfully replaced by any other meat. Prunes are also added, but some recipes likewise use raisins, dried apricots, or their mixture. The dish is very nourishing, rich, and walnuts add a special flavor.
• 500 grams of beef, any part, you can with a bone;
• glass of lentils;
• 3 potatoes;
• garlic clove;
• 50 grams of nuts;
• 70 grams of prunes;
• Dill, adjika.
1. Boil beef in water until done. Remove the foam from the broth when boiling.
2. Add the washed lentils to the pan, cook until soft.
3. Run the diced potatoes. Cooking until soft, do not forget to salt the dish.
4. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, fry a clove of garlic cut into 4 parts. You can take 2 or 3, to your liking. Then we take out and throw it away.
5. Cut the onion into cubes, fry in garlic butter until rosy color.
6. Cut the prunes into straws, crack nuts in a crumb. Run in the soup, give boil.
7. Add fried onions.
8. When serving, add to the plate a spoon of adzhika and chopped dill.
Recipe 6: Armenian eggplant soup
Adding eggplants to main courses is not typical of Russian cuisine. But in Armenia an incredibly tasty soup is being prepared with this wonderful vegetable. It can be cooked in vegetable broth, but tastes best from beef broth.
• 1.5 liters of broth;
• 3 potatoes;
• 2-3 eggplants;
• 1 small zucchini, you can take zucchini;
• 2 bulbs;
• 7 spoons of ketchup;
• 2 paprikas;
• 1 tomato.
1. Eggplants need to be cut into cubes and sprinkle with salt, so that bitterness will come out. After half an hour, squeeze, lay out on a greased baking sheet.
2. Cut the paprika into cubes, send to eggplants.
3. Put the chopped tomato at random.
4. Grind zucchini in the same cubes as eggplants. Also placed on the baking sheet.
5. Put the vegetables to bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. The temperature is average. 6. While vegetables are being cooked, dice potatoes, boil in broth.
7. Add salt to the pan and lay out the baked vegetables, ketchup. Cook all together for 10 minutes. If the soup turns thick, you can add a little boiling water.
8. Serve with fresh greens, for sharpness, you can add a spoonful of ready adzhika.
Recipe 7: Armenian “Kololi” soup with meatballs
It would seem, well, what could be new in the meatballs soup. But in Armenia it is prepared completely differently from ours. In this dish you will not find an abundance of cereals or vegetables. For the Armenian soup is characterized by rich meat taste, and for the thickness of added some rice.
• 500 grams of lamb;
• bones for broth;
• 100 grams of round rice;
• 3 bulbs;
• 2 eggs;
• salt pepper;
• parsley, tarragon.
1. Cook the seed broth.
2. Pulp skip through a meat grinder or scroll with a blender, add 2 sliced onions, chopped parsley. Beat 2 eggs, mince salt and mix. Form the meatballs.
3. We get the bones from the broth, remove the boiled meat from them, it can be thrown into the soup or used for other needs.
4. Wash the rice, throw in the soup. At this stage, you can salt.
5. Following the rice, lay out the meatballs and cook together until tender.
6. Fry the rest of the onion, send it to the finished soup.
7. Fill with green tarragon, any spices and turn it off.
Recipe 8: Armenian soup “Lobahash” with beans
Another amazing recipe for Armenian soup, which also consists of a small amount of products. This dish turns nourishing, healthy. Cooking on vegetable broth. Beans can be used any, but the most delicious is obtained with red.
• a glass of beans;
• 100 grams of walnuts;
• a mixture of peppers;
• a spoonful of flour;
• lots of greenery.
1. Soak beans beforehand, preferably at night. Then boil until done, throws the beans in a colander to glass excess liquid.
2. Divide the beans into 2 parts. One is sent to the broth and put on the stove. Turn the second part of the beans into a puree using a blender. Also chop the walnuts, you can scroll all at once. 3. Fry onion in butter, add flour, stir and pour a little broth from the pan. Heat the sauce directly in the pan, so that it acquires a uniform consistency.
4. Put boiled nuts and beans into boiled soup, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add salt, a mixture of peppers, lay out the sauce of roasted onion and flour.
6. Dress the soup with greens.
Armenian soup - useful tips and tricks
• White cheese is a favorite product of many Armenians. They actively use it for filling soups with greens, pepper. The easiest way is to cut the cheese into cubes and put them on a plate, but there are recipes in which the pickled cheese is put directly into the pan.
• Walnut is another frequent guest in Armenian cooking. But in order to extract maximum taste and benefit from it, it is recommended to heat the kernels in a dry frying pan. You can just dry in the oven.
• To make soup soup fragrant, when cooking meat, you can add a couple of unpeeled onions and coarsely chopped carrots. At the end, these ingredients will need to be removed and the broth filtered.
• Cloves, bay leaves and allspice - spices that do not immediately reveal the aroma. And it is very important not to overdo it. Otherwise, the soup will get an unpleasant taste and aroma.