Today, there is a multicooker in almost every home.
This device is versatile and really saves the time of modern housewives, you can cook a lot of delicious dishes in it: soups, cereals, roasts, pastries.
Cooked in a slow cooker and various jams, but in this case there are several significant nuances that should be paid attention to.
Currant jam in a slow cooker - general principles of cooking
Despite the fact that the multicooker can replace many kitchen appliances and it is possible to cook almost everything in it, not many housewives decide to make jam in it. Why all? Because if a woman came to the kitchen to prepare a sweet treat for the winter, this occupation turns into a large-scale process: berries pots, bags of sugar, jam jars. And in a slow cooker, even in the largest one, you cannot make a lot of jam, if only for the pleasure of drinking tea with a delicious dessert.
Another disadvantage is not quite the right way to make jam. All the same sense in the workpiece in the evaporation of moisture from the berries. When cooking in pots, this process occurs fairly quickly: the jam is stewed, the moisture evaporates, the mass thickens. In a slow cooker, all the moisture does not have time to evaporate, which, respectively, affects the texture and appearance of the jam. But the preparation does not work out worse, it just differs from the jam, which we are used to.
In addition, the preparation of jam in a slow cooker does not exempt from removing the foam, otherwise here the berries tend to “run away”. This also becomes the reason that the multicooker bowl cannot be filled more than 3/4, and preferably 2/4 parts.
It is also worth paying attention to such a moment: it is desirable not to damage the multicooker bowl to fill the sugar, not in grains, but already in a dissolved form. So, it is better to sustain the prepared currant berries, pouring some sand into the pelvis with sand before falling asleep. Plus, you should use special silicone spoons and ladles to mix and remove the foam. Cooked currant jam in a slow cooker, like any other similar, should also be rolled up into sterilized jars, cooled, and then removed in a cool place.
1. Blackcurrant jam in a multicooker
• one and a half kilogram of berries;
• one and a half kilograms of granulated sugar.
Ingredients can be taken in greater or smaller quantities, the main thing is to observe the ratio of one to one.
1. Carefully pick the currants, removing all the leaves and branches.
2. Put the berries in a colander, rinse.
3. Pour the prepared, dried currants into a multi-cooker bowl.
4. Pour sugar into the berries.
5. Close the multicooker with a lid, set the mode “Quenching”.
6. Cook the black currant jam in the slow cooker for one hour.
7. During cooking, prepare the dishes: rinse and sterilize the jars and lids.
8. After the beep, open the multicooker lid, mix the jam. Pour it on clean banks, roll up.
9. As soon as the treat has cooled, store the jam in the refrigerator.
2. Black currant jam with mint in a slow cooker
• five glasses of currants;
• seven glasses of sugar;
• mint leaves;
• half a glass of water.
1. Squeeze freshly picked currants and rinse.
2. Transfer the clean berries to the multicooker bowl.
3. Pour in half a glass of cold water, set the mode of “quenching”, stew berries in water for half an hour.
4. Add sugar, mix thoroughly.
5. Cook in the previous mode for another hour, putting in the jam 10 minutes before the readiness of the washed mint leaves to taste.
6. When the slow cooker notifies you with a sound signal about the end of the work, mix the jam well again, carefully remove the mint leaves. If you leave them, mint over time will give a specific bitterness to the jam, so do not forget to remove this ingredient before rolling.
7. Pour the prepared dessert into sterilized containers, seal the lids tightly.
8. After the blackcurrant jam has cooled, remove it for storage.
3. Blackcurrant jam with raspberries in a slow cooker
• two kilograms of currants;
• a pound of raspberry;
• two kilograms of sugar;
• one and a half glasses of water.
1. Enumerate both types of berries: raspberry and currant.
2. Rinse peeled berries and leaves and place them in different bowls.
3. Add a pound of sugar to the raspberry, set this bowl aside until all the sugar granules are completely dissolved.
4. Transfer the raspberry mass to the multi-cook bowl, set the “Quenching” mode, leave for 10 minutes.
5. Pour another pound of sugar to the raspberries, cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Now add currants, mix. Cook as before.
7. After an hour of quenching, pour the boiled jam into sterile jars. Close the container tightly lids.
4. Five-minute jam of black currant, orange and banana in a slow cooker
• two bananas;
• two oranges;
• kilogram of currant;
• kilogram of sugar.
1. Peel the banana. Cut the pulp into small cubes.
2. After removing the peel from the orange, divide the fruit into slices. Carefully, trying not to crush the fruit, remove the white film. Cut into the same cubes as the banana.
3. Currant well, sort out and rinse.
4. Mix all prepared ingredients in one deep bowl.
5. Sprinkle with sugar, put in the fridge for 2-3 hours so that the sand dissolves in the juice secreted by the fruit and berries.
6. Transfer the aromatic mixture to the multi-cook bowl, set the “Multipovar” mode.
7. Tom jam for 15 minutes, then lay out the treat in sterilized jars. Roll up.
5. Red currant jam in a slow cooker
• kilogram of currant;
• bag of pectin;
• one and a half kilograms of granulated sugar.
1. To cook tasty red currant jam in a slow cooker, you first need to thoroughly sort out the berries themselves, removing spoiled, heavily soiled, as well as leaves and branches. 2. Put the currants put in a deep container, pour one and a half kilograms of granulated sugar.
3. Grind the mass with an immersion blender. It should be homogeneous.
4. Transfer the berry mixture to the slow cooker, add a bag of pectin. Stir.
5. Set the “Soup” or “Cooking” mode. You can not close the cover of the multicooker, because as soon as the mass boils, it will immediately need to be decomposed into sterilized jars and rolled up.
6. Red and black currant jam with apples
• 300 grams of black currant;
• 300 grams of red currant;
• a pound of apples;
• 1,2 granulated sugar;
• two tablespoons of lemon juice.
1. Rinse and separate the berries from the red and black currants from the branches and leaves.
2. Apples, rinse well and cut into medium-sized slices, sprinkle the slices with lemon juice so that they do not darken. If the skin of the fruit is hard, it is better to clean it.
3. Put all the currants in the bowl of the stationary blender, chop.
4. Mix the currant mass with sugar, let the mass stand in this form for one hour.
5. Transfer the jam with sugar into the multi-cooker bowl, boil for five minutes after boiling in the “Soup” mode.
6. Put prepared apples to the berries. Cook in the same mode, stirring for 15-18 minutes.
7. Roll up the prepared jam in sterilized jars.
8. This delicacy is excellent for making various pies, pies and tarts. The aroma and color of the jam is very interesting and appetizing. Also, the sweetness is tasty and good, as a supplement to tea.
7. Pie with currant jam in a slow cooker
• 100 grams of sweet cream butter;
• two eggs;
• half a cup of sugar;
• two and a half cups of flour;
• a teaspoon of baking powder;
• 200 grams of currant jam.
1. To soften the oil, remove it from the refrigerator on a plate 30-40 minutes before cooking. Cut the butter into cubes.
2. In a bowl of suitable size, mix the sugar with the egg. First, remember the mixture with a fork, then whisk together. 3. Add oil, mash again with a fork.
4. Mix the sifted flour with baking powder.
5. Gradually pour the flour into the egg mixture, knead the soft, not tight dough.
6. Wrap the dough, rolling it into a ball, into a film, put it in the fridge for an hour.
7. Divide the settled dough into three parts.
8. From two parts roll out a small layer, lay it on the bottom of the multicooker, smooth it with your hands, making sides of three centimeters.
9. Put jam on the bed.
10. On top of the currant jam lay out the pieces of dough, which you need to pinch off in small portions from the remaining dough.
11. Cook the cake by setting the Baking mode to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
12. Do not rush to remove the cake after the beep: it may break. Allow it to cool directly in the bowl, then gently remove on a flat dish and cut into portions.
Currant jam in a multi-cooker - tips and tricks
• It is best to collect currants in a small container, otherwise the lower berries will be rumpled under the weight of the upper ones.
• Going through currants is quite difficult. In addition, you need to act carefully so as not to move all the berries. It is best to combine cleaning and washing. To do this, put a little currant in a colander, rinse, separate the berries from the branches and leaves, shift the currants in a bowl. Then again put some berries, rinse and sort out. And so, until all the currants are over. Pleases one thing: not much is required for making jam in a multicooker.
• By following any instructions above, you can also make jam mixes: currants go well with any berries and fruits.