A family holiday, a grand celebration, meeting with friends, an everyday lunch - it doesn’t matter - to surprise and please the culinary delights of your loved ones with pork meat rolls will help you.
Fragrant juicy stuffing, wrapped in a tender, juicy layer of meat with a crispy golden crust - will not remain indifferent.
Pork Meat Rolls - General Cooking Principles
What are rolls? This is a meat dish, where the filling is wrapped tightly in a pork lamb chopped off with spices.
For the preparation of rolls, non-fatty pork is used, which is thoroughly washed, dried and cut into thin steaks. After the pieces of pork are wrapped in a film and beaten well. It is permissible to use pork minced or minced meat instead of a single piece. In these cases, the mass is well mixed, adding spices and salt, spread on cling film and flatten. Next, the layer is tightly folded in the form of a roll.
You can lay out any favorite stuffing to enhance the taste: fried mushrooms, onions and carrots, sweet peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, other meats, sausages, cheeses, greens, dried fruits and even nuts - it all depends on imagination and the desire to experiment.
Do not forget about the spices, they will enhance and emphasize the taste of the dish: herbs, oregano, paprika, turmeric, pepper, garlic and other ingredients will make it brighter and more saturated.
So that the rolls do not fall apart during baking, they are recommended to be tied with strong culinary threads or twine. It is also permissible to fasten rolls with toothpicks. It is recommended to lay out the prepared products for cooking with a seam down.
Pork meat rolls can be baked in the oven, roasted in a pan, cooked in a slow cooker or steamed. And to make the rolls have a beautiful golden color, they can be greased with specially prepared sauces: mustard, based on soy sauce, honey, or periodically watered with eye-catching juice.
1. Pork meat rolls with prunes
• 600 grams of pork;
• 150 grams of prunes without pits;
• mineral water;
• soy sauce;
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
• half a tablespoon of sugar or honey;
1. Meat is cut, beaten, salted, poured over lemon juice and soy sauce. Marinating takes half an hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Prunes are poured with boiled water, steamed, cut into small cubes.
3. For each piece of meat spread a couple of spoons of prepared prunes, rolled up in the form of a small roll.
4. The marinade is poured onto a dry frying pan, adding sugar or honey to it, laying out the chopped onion. Put rolls on top.
5. Roast meat on medium heat under the lid for 5 minutes on each side. Then add mineral water, salt and stew until cooked on low heat for about half an hour.
2. Pork meat rolls with cheese and pistachios
• kilogram of pork;
• hard cheese, pre-sliced;
• 150 grams of salted pistachios;
• natural pomegranate sauce;
• Bulgarian pepper;
• olive oil;
• 150 milliliters of dry red wine.
1. Pork thin cut strips, beat.
2. Meat smeared with pomegranate sauce, salt, pepper. Marinate pork preferably for a couple of hours.
3. Pre-pistachios peeled and crushed into chips. They are sprinkled with battered pickled pork.
4. Cheese neatly placed on pistachios.
5. Put a thin slice of sweet pepper on the cheese.
6. Pork is rolled into rolls, fixed with thread, and fried in olive oil.
7. After roasting meat rolls spread on a baking sheet, adding to them dry wine.
8. Rolls covered with foil and baked in the oven at a temperature of 190 - 200 degrees. For baking, take about 20 minutes.
3. Pork meat rolls with sweet pepper and greens
• 600 grams of pork;
• Bulgarian pepper (red, green and yellow, each in half);
• 2 chicken eggs;
• 100 grams of hard cheese;
• a mixture of peppers to taste;
• dill and parsley.
1. Pork cut plates about 1.5 centimeters thick. Meat carefully beat off.
2. Pepper planed into cubes.
3. Eggs are broken.
4. Greens finely chopped, and then - added to the eggs. Whip with a whisk until the consistency of an omelet, which is fried in a griddle on both sides. Ready omelet with greens cut into strips and add to the meat. For each pork roll requires 2-3 strips of omelet and a couple of bars of bell pepper of different colors.
5. Pork pepper, sprinkle with grated cheese.
6. Meat is rolled up in the form of rolls, which should be neat and dense. To fix the use of toothpicks.
7. Pork rolls are fried on each side in a skillet. Then they are cooked for about half an hour in the oven.
4. Pork Meat Rolls with Mashed Potatoes
• 500 grams of pork loin;
• 200 grams of champignons;
• 150 grams of sesame ;;
• 2 tablespoons sour cream;
• a glass of mashed potatoes;
• salt and black pepper to taste.
1. At the very beginning, onions and champignons are fried until ready.
2. Now they prepare the stuffing for meat rolls: mashed potatoes are mixed with fried mushrooms, a tablespoon of sour cream. Add salt and pepper to the mixture.
3. Meat cut portions, carefully beat off on each side, salt and pepper.
4. A tablespoon of sour cream is carefully whipped with a whisk and egg. Each pork roll is dipped in an egg-sour cream mixture, rolled in sesame.
5. The finished rolls are baked in the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees until golden brown. Enjoy!
5. Pork meat rolls with feta and walnuts
• 600 grams of pork;
• 150 grams of feta;
• 3 tablespoons of wheat flour; • 1/3 cup walnuts;
• 2 tablespoons of parsley;
• a teaspoon of dried oregano and sweet paprika;
• vegetable oil for roasting onions and rolls;
• ground black pepper and salt to taste.
1. The meat is washed, dried with a paper towel and cut across the fibers into thin slices. Pork beat off with a kitchen hammer. In the absence of this device, you can use a rolling pin or the back side of the knife.
2. Each piece of pork sprinkled with salt, black pepper.
3. Fetu knead with a fork.
4. To the cheese add tomato paste, chopped walnuts, sweet paprika and oregano, chopped parsley. The filling is thoroughly mixed.
5. For each slice of meat lay out the stuffing. Pork roll roll, securing a toothpick.
6. Pork rolls roll in flour.
7. Onions are washed, cleaned and cut into thin half-rings. Onions are slightly salted and wait for him to let the juice.
8. Pork rolls cooked in a slow cooker on the “Frying” program for 50 minutes. The rolls are fried in batches until golden brown on each side.
9. Then fry onions to a soft state on the same program “Frying”. It is recommended for onions to use a new portion of vegetable oil.
10. Ready meat rolls of pork spread on a large flat dish, on top distribute roasted onions.
6. Pork meat rolls with champignons
• 800 grams of pork;
• 200 grams of frozen or fresh champignons;
• one carrot;
• 2 tablespoons of mustard;
• 2 tablespoons of canned corn;
• 100 milliliters of dry red wine;
• 200 grams of durum cheese;
• salt and black pepper.
1. Pork is carefully sliced, as if chops are being planned.
2. Meat is beaten off in a plastic bag.
3. Pork salt, pepper and oil with mustard on one side, season with spices. The meat is left to marinate.
4. Mushrooms cut into thin slices are fried. 5. Fresh carrot cut into small cubes.
6. Finely cut onions.
7. Carrots and onions are fried until golden brown and softened.
8. On the side of the pork, which was smeared with mustard, laid on a teaspoon of mushrooms, carrots with onions, corn.
9. Meat tightly wrapped in a roll and tied with thread. Pork is fried in a pan.
10. Cheese grated.
11. Rolls of pork are laid in a refractory form and poured red dry wine. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
12. Meat is baked in the oven, preheated to a temperature of 180 degrees, for 40 minutes.
Pork Meat Rolls - Tricks and Tips & Tips
• When preparing a dish, give preference to young meat, from which the rolls turn out to be both tastier and juicier. If you have the meat of an old animal, it is better to make rolls of chopped or twisted meat, or before baking the product should first be a little boil for a couple.
• To make the shaped roll look nice and appetizing, place the prepared layer on a towel or cling film. Lifting the edges of the film, holding the meat itself with your hands, tighten the tight roll.
• To give the dish a special flavor, add liquid smoke when baking.
• If you decide to boil or stew pork meat rolls, watch the water level in the pan, it should always cover the product completely. And from the remaining broth, you can then cook a light soup.
• Meat rolls can be served hot and cold, with or without garnish.