The raisin roll is a sweet, tasty pastry that any hostess can handle.
Roll with raisins - the general principles of cooking
The main ingredient of baking is raisins. It can be both light and dark. Buy a fresh, not spoiled, soft, not overdried product. It is advisable to soak the raisins in water, then dry them.
The dough for making roll with raisins will suit any. Time plays a significant role in this issue. You can tinker with yeast dough, but, if unexpected visitors have once appeared, the shortbread, biscuit or puff pastry will come to the rescue.
Additionally, you can put in the filling a variety of different products: nuts, poppy seeds, dried fruits, cottage cheese and others.
Decorate pastries to your taste: powdered sugar, chocolate or white, colored glaze, coconut chips, grated chocolate, creams and various powders.
Recipe 1. Roll with poppy seeds, raisins and nuts from yeast dough
• 600 grams of flour;
• glass of water;
• 1/3 tsp. salts;
• 50 grams of sugar;
• 20 ml of vegetable oil;
• 50 grams of sweet butter;
• 20 g dry yeast;
Ingredients for the filling:
• 100 grams of raisins;
• 200 grams of poppy;
• 50 grams of nuts;
• 100 grams of sugar;
• vanilla sugar.
How to cook:
1. Mix the yeast with sugar, dissolve the mixture in 100 ml of warm water. Leave for 10 minutes, letting all ingredients dissolve, foil the mass.
2. In another large bowl, beat the egg with salt, water, and vegetable oil. Add the melted cool butter and the yeast mixture.
3. Enter the sifted flour little by little, kneading the smooth, elastic dough.
4. Let the dough rise at room temperature for an hour, crush, keep warm for another 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the poppy in a deep dish, cover with boiling water for 10 minutes.
6. Rinse the raisins and pour boiling water for 10-12 minutes. 7. Chop the nuts in any convenient way.
8. Mix poppy with sugar and vanilla sugar. Add nuts and raisins, hammer in the egg, mix thoroughly.
9. Rise again dough, crush, divide into two equal parts.
10. Roll each rectangular sheet.
11. Put the filling on 3/4 layers, level.
12. Twist the dough with a roll, leaving 2-3 cm at the edges.
13. Lubricate the roll with whipped egg yolk with two spoons of water.
14. Place the products on the oiled baking sheet seam down.
15. Let the roll rise for 30 minutes, then send to the oven heated to 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
Recipe 2. Cottage cheese roll with poppy
• half a cup of kefir;
• 100 grams of oil;
• one and a half glasses of flour;
• half of art. l sugar sand;
• on a pinch of soda and salt.
• 50 grams of dark raisins;
• 250 grams of cottage cheese;
• 1 tsp. vanilla;
• 1 tbsp. l sugar sand;
1. Melt the butter, but do not bring to a boil. Cool it down.
2. Add kefir, salt, soda, sugar. Stir.
3. Pouring flour in small portions, knead the soft, not hard dough. Perhaps, flour will need a little less or more, it all depends on its grade and stickiness.
4. Remove the dough for 30 minutes in the fridge, in the meantime, prepare the filling.
5. Rinse the raisins and soak for 5 minutes in boiling water. Drain the water, dry the raisins.
6. Grind cottage cheese, sugar, egg and vanillin into a homogeneous mass of delicate consistency.
7. Split the dough equally divided, roll out two thin layers.
8. Put on each layer of cottage cheese stuffing, powdered raisins.
9. Roll up two not too tight rolls.
10. Lubricate the rolls with yolk, sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired.
11. Bake for 22 minutes at 185 degrees. Cool directly in the form, then remove and cut into portions.
Recipe 3. Roll with raisins, apples and nuts from puff pastry
• half a kilo of puff yeast dough;
• 100 grams of light raisins;
• 400 grams of apples;
• 50 grams of any nuts to taste; • 100 grams of sugar;
• 2 tbsp. l cognac or rum;
• 18 g butter;
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon.
1. Soak the washed and dried raisins in cognac or rum for 10 minutes. Squeeze.
2. Apple clean and cut into small cubes.
3. Put the nuts in the bowl of the blender and chop into fine chips.
4. Melt the butter in a pan, put the apples, simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
5. Add the prepared raisins, nuts, add sugar and cinnamon. Stir.
6. Allow the filling to cool completely.
7. Roll out the layers of previously thawed dough.
8. Lay out evenly stuffing, roll the rolls.
9. Line the baking sheet with baking paper, lay out the rolls, bake for 20-25 minutes at 170 degrees.
10. Before serving, rolls with raisins can be powdered with powdered sugar.
Recipe 4. Roll made with shortbread dough
• 200 grams of butter, can be replaced with a good margarine;
• 100 grams of vegetable oil;
• 105 ml of water;
• 2 eggs;
• four glasses of flour;
• two pinches of salt;
• a teaspoon of slaked soda;
• 2 tbsp. Sahara;
• vanilla to taste.
Ingredients for the filling:
• 300 grams of raisins;
• 150 grams of chopped nuts.
• 1 tbsp. l cinnamon;
• 80 g sugar;
• 1 tsp. citric acid.
1. For dough, rub eggs with sugar and vanilla, add softened butter, quench soda, pour in vegetable oil and water. Stir.
2. Sprinkle flour, knead soft, elastic, non-sticky dough to your hands.
3. Divide the finished shortbread dough into 8 equal balls.
4. Roll each ball in the thinnest layer of 1.5–2 mm, without pouring flour on the table or tabletop.
5. Mix all the ingredients for the powder, pour a small amount on each layer, leaving about 8 cm of the edges not sprinkled.
6. Pour crushed nuts over the powder, then raisins.
7. Roll the layers with the filling rolls. If, at the time of folding, the thinnest dough breaks, do not worry, continue to turn further, the next turn will close these flaws. 8. Put the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake at 160 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
10. Cut the rolls into portions, hot. Serve slightly cooled.
Recipe 5. Sponge roll raisin roll
• five eggs;
• one cup of flour and sugar.
• 320 ml of milk;
• 80 g raisins (dark);
• 30 g poppy seeds;
• 45 g of sugar;
• 45 g of semolina.
• icing sugar or chocolate icing.
1. Mix sugar with eggs with a mixer so long as all the sugar granules are completely dissolved and the mass becomes a uniform pale yellow color.
2. Sift flour in small portions, without ceasing to interfere with the mass. The dough should turn out to be a homogeneous consistency, with small bubbles, without a single flour, egg lump or insoluble sugar.
3. Cover the tray with sides of baking paper, pour in the dough.
4. Cook the sponge cake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
5. Roll the finished cake in hot form with a roll right along with the paper, leave to cool completely.
6. Pour half of the milk into the saucepan, bring to the boil.
7. In the other half of the milk, put sugar, poppy seeds, semolina, raisins. Stir well.
8. Mix cold and hot milk, cook the filling, stirring continuously, until thick.
9. Gently unroll the cooled biscuit, remove the paper. Grease the cake with a filling, wrap the roll again.
10. Pour the finished roll with raisins with icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe 6. Meat dough roll with raisins
Ingredients for brewing:
• 60 grams of fresh yeast;
• 115 ml of milk;
• 15 g of sugar;
• 4 small spoons of flour.
Ingredients for baking:
• 1.35 kg of flour;
• 400 ml of milk;
• 250 grams of sweet cream butter;
• five eggs;
• 300 grams of sugar;
• 10 grams of vanilla sugar;
• two pinches of salt;
• 300 grams of raisins;
• one egg to lubricate the surface of the rolls.
Cooking Method: 1. Pour warm milk into the bowl, dissolve the yeast in it, add sugar and a couple of spoons of flour. Mix well the yeast mass, remove for 20 minutes in the heat to activate the yeast.
2. For the dough, pour milk into the cauldron, add sugar, put diced softened butter.
3. Melt the mass on low heat, not allowing it to boil. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature.
4. In another large bowl, sift flour, add vanilla sugar, salt, mix.
5. Make a groove in the flour mass, pour in the milk-cream mass and sponge. Knead a soft, slightly sticky dough.
6. Cover the dough with a towel, clean for a couple of hours in a warm place.
7. Pick up the raised dough and remove to the same place before the second lift.
8. Take care while stuffing: wash the raisins and soak for 20 minutes in hot water, drain off after some water, dry the raisins.
9. Break up the dough and divide into three equal parts, roll each rectangular layer.
10. Put the prepared raisins on each layer, roll the dough into a roll.
11. Put the rolls seam down on a baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving a distance of 5-6 cm between the products.
12. Cover the rolls with a towel, give them an hour to get up.
13. Bake, pre-smeared egg yolk, for 50 minutes in a preheated 160 degree oven.
Raisin roll - useful tips
Serving sweet pastries is better in the cooled form, so its taste becomes richer and more interesting. Raisin roll is perfect with tea, coffee, milk, cocoa, cocktails and even jelly. Enjoy your meal.