A bun is a delicious bun with sugar that is hard to resist.
Especially if she is Moscow!
This pastry is known from Soviet times, but now it is not everywhere you can buy it.
So, let's cook at home!
Recipes Moscow buns are not secret and include the available products.
Moscow Bun - General Cooking Principles
For Moscow buns, only yeast dough is used. According to GOST, it was mixed in milk with the addition of a small portion of water. But times are changing, today you can find recipes for Moscow buns only on milk, only on water or with various additives in the form of cream, sour cream, and condensed milk.
Flour is always used top grade and always sifted. The yeast in the classic recipe was used raw. But now it is more convenient to use dry yeast. In terms of 10 grams of dry yeast is about 45-50 grams of raw.
The dough can be kneaded in a classic, sponge manner. But you can cook in one stage. Or just make the process easier, put all the ingredients in the bread maker and entrust the process to this wonderful assistant.
How to sculpt Moscow buns
Buns are different. They are made in the form of roses, flowers, but most often Moscow buns are heart-shaped. How to make such a charm?
How to shape a bun:
1. A piece of dough is rolled into an elongated rectangle.
2. Lubricate the tape with oil, sprinkle with sugar. But sugar can also be used for top dressing.
3. Fold the thick roll and bend it in half.
4. Make a cut in the fold, unfold the heart.
When folding Moscow buns on a baking sheet, you need to remember that they are well increased in size. Therefore, the space between the buns should be enough. Otherwise they will stick together, and all the charm of the hearts will be lost.
Before baking, the buns are smeared with an egg so that they acquire a brilliant color and become even more appetizing. Cook in the oven at 200-210 degrees.
Moscow Bun according to GOST
Recipe classic Moscow buns, what they should be in reality. Unfortunately, in many catering enterprises have ceased to comply with it. But you can always make buns at home, the more there is a recipe! Ingredients
• 0.5 kg of flour;
• 20 grams of pressed yeast;
• 48 grams of water;
• 70 grams of oil;
• 150 ml of milk;
• 1 egg;
• 110 grams of sugar;
• 1 tsp. salt (put without slides).
1. Mix warm water with yeast, milk and half flour. Give the mass to stand for half an hour.
2. Add butter, sugar and salt.
3. Beat the egg with a fork, pour 1 teaspoon to grease the buns, and send the rest to the dough.
4. Add the remaining flour, knead. We give the dough to stay warm for 2 hours.
5. We form buns, we give to approach on a baking sheet.
6. As soon as the buns increase in size, we lubricate them with the previously cast egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake until rosy color.
Recipe for Moscow bun with jam
For the preparation of Moscow bun according to this recipe, you need jam. It should be thick and pitted. Especially tasty is obtained with currant jam or ground cherry. But you can use and jam. If it is thick, then it is better to dilute it with a small amount of water, to make it easier to spread.
• 250 grams of milk;
• 50 grams of sugar;
• 0.5 tablespoons of dry yeast;
• 100 grams of butter;
• 1 egg;
• 400 grams of flour;
• some salt;
1. Heat the milk. Put sugar and yeast in it, leave for 5 minutes. Melt the butter, but do not bring it to hot. Pour into the dough. Put a pinch of salt, egg white and flour. Knead. Leave for 2 hours warm.
2. Divide the dough into 10-12 identical pieces. We give them a little rise on the table, literally about ten minutes.
3. Roll out the blank for the bun, lubricate the jam. No need to put a lot of stuffing, otherwise the buns will turn out wet and heavy. Lubricate with a thin layer.
4. Spin roll. The edge must be fastened to the roller so that nothing crawls.
5. Cut the bun, put on a baking sheet and similarly sculpt all the rest.
6. Give the products rise.
7. In the yolk add a teaspoon of water, stir and lubricate the buns. Bake in the oven.
Moscow bun with poppy filling
This is not just a recipe for Moscow buns with poppy seeds, but a variant of delicious buns with a sweet filling. They can be prepared in the form of classic hearts, but snails are much more tasty and interesting. How to sculpt them, described in detail below. Ingredients
• 3 tsp. dry yeast;
• 250 grams of sugar;
• 180 grams of milk margarine;
• 4 eggs;
• 600 grams of flour;
• 200 ml of milk;
• 8 grams of salt.
In the filling:
• 100 grams of poppy;
• 1 egg white;
• 50 grams of milk;
• 100 grams of sugar.
1. Melt the margarine and cool slightly. Butter is also suitable instead. In warm milk we dilute the yeast, put the sugar and salt, add the eggs, but leave two yolks for lubricating the buns.
2. Pour in the warm margarine, put the flour and make the dough. It must be kneaded to a homogeneous and smooth mass. Leave until the second rise in heat, placing in a high bowl or pan. Top cover with a towel.
3. For the filling, the poppy should be rinsed with cold water and then poured into a sieve. Put it in a saucepan, pour in milk, put in sugar and boil for 5 minutes over low heat. Cooling down.
4. Beat the protein in foam and mix with poppy seeds. The filling is ready!
5. We get the approached dough, divide by 2 pieces. Each roll into a large square, grease poppy filling and twist. Then cut across. Making pieces of two centimeters.
6. Put them on a baking sheet, let them rise, grease and bake.
Recipe for Moscow bun with sugar and cinnamon
The option is very fragrant and tasty Moscow bun, which goes cinnamon. And to make the bun even more spicy, you can add vanilla. The dough can be prepared according to any of the recipes or use your favorite one.
• 1.2 kg yeast dough;
• 20 grams of cinnamon;
• 150 grams of sugar;
• 2 vanilla bags;
• 40 grams of oil;
• 1 egg.
1. Divide the dough into pieces of 100 grams. Round and let lie a couple of minutes.
2. Mix sugar with cinnamon and vanilla. Separately melt the butter.
3. Roll out a strip of dough, lubricate with oil and pour in cinnamon sugar.
4. Twist the roll, cut and unfold the bun. We send buns on a baking sheet, let them rise.
5. Fork the egg with a pinch of sugar, grease buns. We bake.
Moscow Bun with Cream
A very interesting recipe for Moscow buns, which are covered with cream on top. Very tasty buns-cakes are obtained. Ingredients
• 200 ml of milk;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 10 grams of yeast;
• 600 grams of flour;
• 300 grams of sugar (in the dough 100);
• 250 grams of butter (in the dough 150);
• 80 grams of cream cheese;
• 2 eggs;
• 100 grams of powdered sugar.
1. Heat the milk, combine with melted butter and sugar. Pour salt and break eggs. Mix flour with dry yeast and make the dough. We mix it well and leave it for 1.5 hours.
2. Roll out a large rectangle of dough, grease with oil, sprinkle with sugar and roll the roll. Cut into slices, the thickness of which should not exceed three centimeters.
3. We spread on the greased baking sheet, we give to rise, we grease and we bake.
4. Cooking cream. To do this, mix the powder with butter and cream cheese.
5. We take out the buns from the oven and immediately, while they are hot, grease with cream. Done! Cool and you can put the kettle.
Moscow Bun - Useful Tips and Tricks
• Egg for lubricating buns does not always lie flat. And the reason is often in protein. It should be well stirred until smooth. Or use only the yolk, diluted with a spoon of water.
• No brush for greasing buns? You can use a cotton rag. It is necessary to roll it in several layers and cut the edge with scissors so as to imitate the nap.
• Always cover the dough with a towel so that no crust forms on it. It will interfere with the normal operation of the yeast, and the buns will be non-uniform, with hard particles in the pulp.
• Buns must rise in a warm room and without drafts, otherwise they dry up, remain small, or they may fall off altogether.