You can prepare different dishes from the pumpkin with prunes, and not only desserts. All dishes, regardless of the recipe, combines an unusual taste and great benefits. Let's hit on a healthy diet!
Pumpkin with prunes - general principles of cooking
For dishes it is better to use ripe and juicy pumpkin. If it is intended for stuffing, then the size should be small, a maximum of 1.5-2 kg. Otherwise the dish will not bake. For lump dishes, recipes usually indicate the amount of pure pulp without peel and seeds.
Prunes are used without stones. Dried fruits are washed, soaked, if necessary, cut into slices. Then connect with the pumpkin. Not necessarily immediately, perhaps the product will be added in the process. Pumpkin with prunes can be fried or stewed on the stove. Often these products are baked in the oven in the form or in pots. To them add other dried fruits, nuts. There are many recipes for the multicooker, which are also worth attention.
Roasted Pumpkin with Prunes and Dried Apricots
The recipe for sweet and fragrant pumpkin dishes with prunes and dried apricots. For frying, you can use regular butter or ghee.
• 250 g pumpkin pulp;
• 50 g of oil;
• 100 g dried apricots;
• 100 g of prunes;
• 2 spoons of sugar;
• pinch of cinnamon.
1. Cut the pumpkin into strips, but not too thin.
2. Put the oil in the pan, begin to warm up.
3. Spread the pumpkin, fry over moderate heat for five minutes.
4. Wash dried apricots and prunes. Also cut into strips, but can be a little smaller. We spread to the pumpkin.
5. Fry all together in a skillet until cooked.
6. Mix sugar with cinnamon, sprinkle the dish.
7. Quickly stir with a spatula, hold the frying pan on the fire for another minute and immediately remove. Cool before serving. For the brightness of taste, you can sprinkle the dish with lemon juice.
Pumpkin with prunes in the oven in pots
The recipe for a delicious braised pumpkin stew with prunes in the oven. If you want to reduce the calorie content of the dish, then the amount of vegetable oil can be reduced or cooked without any fat. Ingredients
• 0.5 kg of pumpkin;
• 3 spoons of butter;
• 160 g of prunes;
• 1 tsp. grated lemon zest;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 20 ml of lemon juice.
1. We wash prunes, fill with hot water so that the liquid completely covers the product. Set aside for ten minutes.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Sugar mixed with lemon zest, you can add a little cinnamon to them.
4. Cut the pumpkin in small cubes. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
5. Remove the prunes from the liquid, cut into quarters.
6. We put prunes and pumpkin in pots, alternating layers. Pumpkin the pumpkin each time with sugar and grated zest and sprinkle with melted butter.
7. The pumpkin should complete the assembly. Spray on top of the remaining oil. From the side, gently pour in the liquid, in which prunes were soaked.
8. Close the pots, put in the oven.
9. Cooking stew for 40 minutes. Set at 180 ° C.
Pumpkin stew with prunes and honey
The recipe is simple, but very healthy and delicious. It can be consumed cold or warm. If necessary, part of the honey can be replaced with sugar.
• 500 g pumpkin;
• 150 g prunes;
• 60 g of honey;
• 30 g of oil;
• 1 pinch of cinnamon.
1. Cut the pumpkin into pieces, fold it into the pan.
2. We wash prunes, cut them in half and add to the pumpkin.
3. Pour in 3-4 spoons of water, add a piece of butter. On top of the dish lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Cover the pan with a lid, put it on the stove. Stew the dish for 20-30 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
5. Remove from heat, open, cool to 70 degrees.
6. Water the pumpkin with honey, stir it. If honey is added to a hot dish, then all the vitamins and nutrients of the product will die.
7. Arrange the dish in plates, cool if necessary.
Pumpkin jam with prunes and dried apricots
A variant of a very fragrant and bright dessert, which can be prepared at any time, regardless of the season. In addition to pumpkins, prunes and dried apricots, you will also need a small lemon.
Ingredients • 2 kg of pumpkin;
• 400 g dried apricots;
• 400 g of prunes;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 1 lemon.
1. Cut the pumpkin into neat cubes. In the recipe indicated the weight of pure pulp without a crust.
2. Add sugar to the pumpkin, leave for three hours to highlight the juice.
3. We wash dried apricots and prunes, cut into cubes.
4. Put the juicy pumpkin on the stove, bring to a boil. Remove the foam. Cook the treat for 20 minutes.
5. Add dried fruit, cook for another ten minutes.
6. We wash lemon, we remove a small grater a dried peel, we throw in jam. This can be done at any stage.
7. Cut the lemon itself in half, squeeze out the juice. Pour into the jam.
8. Stir well the delicacy, boil for ten minutes and it's done!
9. If you need to keep the jam for a long time, then it is better to spread the sweet billet into sterile jars and close hermetically. In other cases, the treat should be simply cooled and can be eaten immediately or used for desserts, baking.
Pumpkin with prunes in the oven (entirely)
For this dish you will need a pumpkin of small size, which also has a stable base. It is better to use dessert varieties with sweet pulp.
• 1 pumpkin;
• 150 g prunes;
• 150 grams of rice;
• 100 g raisins;
• 150 g of orange juice;
• 2 g cinnamon;
• 1 scoop of races. oils;
• 2 spoons of honey;
• pinch peel.
1. Cook rice almost until cooked, pour into a colander, leave to cool.
2. We wash prunes. Cut into pieces, add to the boiled rice.
3. Raisin simply wash and also send to rice.
4. Add honey, orange or lemon zest, season the fragrant cinnamon filling, pour in a spoonful of butter and stir well.
5. Cut off the top of the pumpkin. We take out the contents.
6. Fill the vegetable with cooked meat.
7. Add orange juice. You can take pineapple or apple, it will also be delicious. Bright drinks of red and pink are best not to use.
8. Rearrange the pumpkin in any shape, so that if something happens, the sides hold it.
9. Put in the oven. Bake pumpkin 40-60 minutes. Readiness check the puncture of the pulp. It is important to pierce in the upper part so that the emitted juice does not leak out. 10. As soon as the pumpkin pulp is ready, remove the dish from the oven. Cool slightly, remove the lid and place the rice with dried fruits in plates. Pumpkin cut into slices, fold near porridge.
Pumpkin with prunes and apples in a slow cooker
A wonderful pumpkin dish with prunes, which is prepared without much difficulty in a slow cooker. Apples can be taken in any variety. But if they have a hard skin, it is better to clean.
• 400 g pumpkin;
• 2 apples;
• 120 g of prunes;
• 2 spoons of sugar;
• 0.5 glass of water.
1. Cut the peeled pumpkin pulp into small cubes. Immediately shift in a multi-cooker saucepan.
2. We wash prunes, we move in quarters, we send to pumpkin.
3. Next we chop the apples. Pieces are about the size of a pumpkin. Shifts.
4. Add half a multi-cup glass of water. Stir with a spatula.
5. Sprinkle the contents of the saucepan with sugar. Now you can not stir, let the sand be on top.
6. Close, turn on the extinguishing mode for half an hour.
7. Open, cool. Serve on plates, sprinkle with nuts or seeds as desired, pour with liquid honey.
Pumpkin plov with prunes and dried apricots
The recipe for savory pilaf with original flavor. For the dishes will need the usual spices: zira, pepper, salt.
• 1 onion;
• 1 carrot;
• 300 g pumpkin;
• a glass of rice;
• a handful of prunes;
• a handful of dried apricots;
• vegetable oil.
1. Wash rice 5-7 times. Leave it to soak in cold water.
2. Onions and carrots cut into straws, lay out in a cauldron with hot oil. 50-70 ml is enough for a dish. Begin to fry.
3. As soon as the vegetables are reddened, add the pumpkin cut into slices. Fry together for about four minutes.
4. Add spices, warm up.
5. Drain the water from the rice, wash it again and transfer the cereal to the cauldron. The upper layer is leveled.
6. Fill salted boiling water. The liquid should cover food per centimeter.
7. Close the cauldron with a lid, quickly bring the dish to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer on the stove for 25 minutes. Turn off, insist another half an hour. Then the cauldron can be opened, stir pilaf and serve to the table.
Pumpkin Puree with Prune
The recipe is a simple mashed potatoes with a good laxative effect. The dish can be used by children from 6 months of age.
• 200 g pumpkin;
• 100 g of prunes;
• 50 ml of water;
• 1 tsp. Sahara.
1. We wash prunes, soak them, cut them in half and put them in a saucepan.
2. Add water and sliced pumpkin.
3. Put on the stove, cook until soft.
4. Remove from heat. We rub the pieces of pumpkin and prune through a sieve. Or grind blender.
5. Dilute the puree to the desired consistency with decoction of the pan.
6. To taste add sugar.
7. For long-term storage, mash must be re-boiled, placed in jars (we use sterile containers), rolled up with lids.
Pumpkin with Prunes - Tips and Tricks
• In many recipes, it is necessary to soak dried fruits. But if they are wet and soft, then it is not necessary to do this, you just need to thoroughly wash the product.
• If the pumpkin was frozen, then the vegetable will be prepared much faster. Thawing product is not necessary to thaw. Before baking in the oven, it is better to defrost, drain excess liquid.
• If suddenly the pumpkin dish turned out bland and has no pronounced taste, spices will help. Usually use spices, lemon juice, you can add sour berries to the dish.