Have you heard that squid boils in boiling water for only 10-15 minutes?
During this time, get a rubber sole, devoid of taste, and not a juicy and healthy seafood.
In fact, everything is much simpler, faster and tastier.
How and how much to cook squid, so they turned out soft and tasty?
How to Cook Squid - General Principles
To get fresh seafood is quite difficult. Most often used in food frozen squid. The carcass is white, slightly pink or lilac. But in fact, the shade does not say anything, the color of the product shell does not affect the taste.
What to look for when buying:
• The meat itself should be light and in no case have a yellow tint. This indicates a low quality product.
• Squid carcasses should easily fall behind each other. If they are glued together by one lump, then, most likely, they were defrosted. The manufacturer always freezes one thing at a time and only then packs it together.
• If seafood has a lot of “icing”, that is, there is a coating of ice crust, then the buyer will pay up to one third of the amount for water.
• Pay attention to the shelf life of seafood. But you need to look not at the label glued in the store, but at the packaging itself. Very often the dates are different.
• Try to choose small carcasses, their meat is more tender. Also for cooking it is better to take seafood of similar size.
How to prepare squid before cooking? The main task - the removal of the skin. It will give the product an unpleasant taste. The carcass can simply be poured with boiling water or pour water for about three minutes, the temperature of which is about 70 degrees. Then the skin is easy to slazit. You also need to remove the chord or spine, which is in the carcass. This soft cartilage is usually easily removed and is easy.
How to cook squids so that they are soft (basic recipe)
The main secret of squid juiciness is short-term cooking. Never seafood is laid in cold water, like meat or fish. The liquid must be boiling. Ingredients
• 1 kg of squid;
1. Put 2 liters of water in a saucepan, pour 2 teaspoons of salt and send to the stove.
2. Prepare the carcasses of squids dab with boiling water from the kettle and remove the skin under the stream of cold water. Usually, it is easy to slazit.
3. Run the seafood in boiling water, to which we added salt.
4. Turn on the maximum heat and cook for 1.5 minutes. We take out and ready!
How much to cook squid on a pair
Many housewives are afraid to use water for cooking seafood, so as not to make them tough. But in fact, you can also digest and cook a rubber delicacy. Therefore, you need to know how much to cook squid and how best to do it.
• Bay leaf;
1. Prepared squid placed in a double boiler capacity.
2. In ode add bay leaf and a couple of peas of pepper. But you can without them.
3. Set the timer for 10 minutes and that's it! The assistant will do everything for you.
4. What to do if there is no steamer? You can use a man-cooker, put a colander or other device on the pan. In this case, after boiling water the carcass is cooked for about 5-7 minutes.
How to cook frozen squids (in a saucepan)
Before cooking, seafood is always thawed. But it must be done correctly, otherwise the product will be tasteless. And never use a microwave or hot water to defrost. So, how to cook frozen squid?
1. We take out seafood from the freezer, put it in a cup and leave it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for 10 hours. They must thaw out.
2. Or lay in cold water and leave to warm. Fluid needs to be changed periodically.
3. Drain the water from the carcasses, wash.
4. Then scald the carcass with boiling water, remove the skin.
5. Boil water with spices, we lay squid.
6. After boiling, boil for 2 minutes and remove. Cool and use.
How to cook squids for salad in a saucepan
It is optional to cook squids for salad in a large amount of water. If you use a small amount of liquid, then less nutrients enter the decoction. Consequently, the product turns out more fragrant and tasty.
• 1 kg of squid;
• 0.5 liters of fluid;
You will also need a saucepan, but you can use a wide and low pan, in which the carcasses fit in one layer.
1. Washed and peeled carcasses laid in a saucepan.
2. Sprinkle with salt on top, just one teaspoonful.
3. You can also throw a few peas pepper, laurel, dried parsley leaves.
4. Boil water, pour into a saucepan, cover.
5. At maximum heat, let the seafood boil.
6. Reduce and allow carcasses at low boiling for three minutes. Then remove from the liquid and cool.
How to cook squids so that they are soft for 10 seconds?
This method is used by many restaurant chefs. It is a win-win, the product always remains juicy and is ideal for any dishes. Its peculiarity is that carcasses are cooked one by one.
1. Seafood clean from the skin, remove the chord and wash.
2. Boil a liter of water, you can salt and throw pepper. Making the biggest fire, the water should actively boil.
3. Now we take one carcass, put it in the pan and count to 10. Take it out.
4. We take the second carcass, we lower, we consider and we take out. And so on. Easier does not happen!
How and how much to cook calamari in a microwave
Cooking calamari in the microwave is also quick and easy as on the stove. This method will help out if you can not use the pan or suddenly turned off the gas. You will need special dishes for a microwave oven with a lid.
• 2 squid carcasses;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 2-3 tablespoons of water;
1. We wash and prepare the carcasses according to all the rules, that is, we remove the skin, take out the chord.
2. Fold into the microwave container.
3. Combine water with juice, which is squeezed out of lemon. 4. Add a pinch of salt and stir. You can put a pinch of ground pepper.
5. Pour the lemon dressing squid carcass.
6. Cover the container with a lid and set in the microwave.
7. How to cook squid? With a power of 700 watts, two and a half minutes is enough. If you put more power, then even less. At 800, exactly two minutes is enough.
How to cook frozen squids (without prior defrosting)
It turns out that if there is no time for defrosting squid, they can be cooked like that. But something still needs to be known. How to cook frozen squid?
1. Get the carcass out of the fridge and lay it out in one layer right in the sink.
2. Boil the kettle and pour the carcasses on top. Use half cooked water.
3. Turn over to the other side and pour the rest of boiling water.
4. Remove the skin, wash seafood with running water.
5. Lay in a saucepan with salted and boiling water, you can lay spices.
6. Cook in the usual way for two minutes.
How to Cook Squids for Salad with Lemon (Vinegar)
Adding lemon juice or vinegar to the decoction makes seafood especially tasty. And squid is no exception. Especially well fit such seafood in hearty salads with mayonnaise. But how do squids cook with vinegar for salad?
• 2 tablespoons of vinegar;
• or 2 spoons of lemon juice;
• 1 kg of squid;
• 2.5 liters of water;
1. Throw vinegar into the water, put a pinch of salt and send it to the stove. Instead of vinegar, you can likewise take lemon juice.
2. While the water is boiling, we clean and prepare the carcasses.
3. Run the squid in boiling water, make the maximum fire and cook for four minutes.
4. Take out a slotted spoon from the decoction, cool it and you can cook delicious salads!
How and how much to cook squid pieces (rings)
Squids can be cooked not only whole, but also in slices. Most often, these rings, less often prepared crushed carcasses into cubes or straws. And sometimes in the store you can find frozen rings, already ready for cooking. But how much to cook squid pieces so that they remain soft? Ingredients
1. Lightly sprinkle water and put on the stove. Optionally, add herbs, spices, lemon juice.
2. We clean the carcasses, remove the chord and chop into rings one centimeter thick.
3. Run the prepared pieces into boiling water, boil a minute and remove.
4. If the squids are cut smaller, then cook even less in time.
5. You can immediately cut the seafood into cubes or straws for salad, in this case, it is enough to boil for 15-30 seconds, and then just drain into a colander.
How to Cook Squids with Onions and Carrots
The recipe for a second dish of squid and vegetables, which will just help out if you do not have time, but you need to have a quick lunch or dinner. The amount of vegetables can be added at your discretion.
• 1 squid;
• 1 carrot;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• bay leaf;
• salt pepper;
• 1 tomato.
1. Cut the onion into cubes, throw into the pan and fry for a minute.
2. Add the grated carrot and bring the vegetables together until soft. At the end put the grated tomato. You can change it to tomato paste or ketchup. It will be even faster.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, we clean the squid and cut into ringlets or just a straw, but not very shallow.
4. Add a glass of boiled water to the pan to the pan, salt and pepper.
5. Spread slices of squid and cook for three minutes.
6. Add the bay leaf and it's done!
7. Arrange the plates, add the greens, you can put a spoonful of sour cream.
How to cook squid with rice
Rice and squids are a classic combination. Based on these two products, there are many different recipes and at least one of them must be tried. But how and how much time should I cook squid with rice?
• 1 cup rice;
• 2 glasses of water;
• 2 squid;
• 1 onion;
• 1 carrot;
• 2 spoons of soy sauce;
1. Carrot shred straw. Clear the onion and cut into cubes. Together we fry in a deep pan.
2. Add soy sauce, stir, put the pepper. You can put seasoning for pilaf, a mixture of spices for rice, cumin, zira. 3. Add the washed rice, fill with boiling water and simmer under the lid for 15 minutes.
4. Squids pour boiling water and hold for a minute. Rinse with cold water, remove the skin, remove the chord and cut into thin strips. But not very long.
5. Open the rice, add the squids, mix and leave under the lid for a couple of minutes. The stove can be turned off, they will reach readiness.
6. Arrange the plates, decorate with greens.
How to Cook Squids - Tips and Tricks
• Squids can not cook at all. This method is useful to those who have in the presence of only one electric kettle or just boiling water. We put the prepared carcasses in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and spices, pour boiling water. Cover and hold for 4 minutes. Done! Seafood is juicy and tender.
• If you are afraid of cooking squid for a short time, add vinegar to the water. It kills germs well and also helps to improve the taste of the product.
• Squids will be especially fragrant and tasty if you put citrus zest in the water. You can use not only lemon peels, but also orange, grapefruit.
• Has squid digested and become tough? Now do not pull it out of the pan, and cook for another half hour. The carcass will become softer, will not be so rubber. But it is necessary to warn that it will greatly decrease in size.
• Squids are not only cooked quickly, but also fried. It is enough to hold them in the pan for 1-2 minutes. Therefore, immediately make a big fire, warm up the oil well, so that you can have a delicious crust.