Apples in dough - delicious and amazingly beautiful.
The original dish can be prepared with a variety of toppings or just bake the whole fruit, wrapped in a dough before.
In any case, it will be tasty, fragrant and juicy!
Apples Baked in Dough - General Cooking Principles
For baking apples in the dough, it is desirable to use the variety “Golden” or another similar to it. Choose dense, strong fruits that will not lose shape during heat treatment. Summer, ripe and soft fruits do not fit. Before being placed in the dough, apples are peeled, taken out in the middle, stuffed with various fillings.
What can be put in an apple:
• dried fruits, nuts;
• honey, sugar;
• cottage cheese;
• different candies.
For flavor, cinnamon, vanilla, and ground ginger are added to the filling. The citrus peel will give a wonderful aroma to baking. It is necessary to grind, add to the sweet stuffing or the dough itself.
The easiest way to cook apples with puff pastry. It is sold in almost all stores. But you can always knead the shortbread or yeast dough. This pastry is special, home-made, fragrant and warm. Apples in the dough are packed in different ways. You can simply wrap the bag or wrap ribbons, you can see ways in the recipes below.
Before baking, the dough is smeared with yolk or whole egg. Cook the apples in the oven at 180-200 degrees. After baking, sprinkle with powdered cinnamon. Before serving, you need to cool it, because inside the dish will be very hot.
Simple apples baked in puff pastry
A variant of the simplest apples baked in puff pastry. The purchased product is used, so cooking does not take much time.
• Big apple;
• 1 sheet of dough;
• 1 egg;
• 2 spoons of brown sugar.
1. Wash the apple, remove the skin gently, try not to change the shape of the fruit. The middle can be removed or left. 2. Dip an apple in brown sugar.
3. Beat the egg.
4. Expand a piece of puff pastry, cut into strips up to two centimeters wide.
5. Now you need to wrap the apple. For this, the dough is wound upwards (possibly vice versa) in a spiral, preferably with an overlap. The joints between the strips need to be hidden.
6. Transfer the packed apple into a small shape. Puff pastry cut a few leaves.
7. Lubricate the apple with an egg, stick the leaves, and also mix it to give a beautiful color to the crust.
8. Put in the oven, preheated for 190, cook 35 minutes until a beautiful crust on the dough.
Apples baked in dough (shortbread with cornmeal)
The recipe is very beautiful apples baked in a dough made from a mixture of corn and wheat flour. To fill the fruit is used raisins, nuts. Also used crushed candy-glass, you can take chopped marmalade.
• three apples;
• 200 g of wheat flour;
• 50 g of corn flour;
• 100 ml of chilled milk;
• 100 g butter;
• 1 whole egg plus yolk;
• 10 ml of lemon juice;
• 10 g cinnamon;
• 30 g of powdered sugar;
• 80 g brown sugar;
• 3 candy
• 3 walnuts;
• 50 g raisins;
1. Mix both types of flour on a cutting board, add chilled butter, chop with a knife. Take a big board so that nothing poured out on the table.
2. Transfer the oil crumb to a bowl, add the whole egg, a pinch of salt and lemon juice. You can dilute the acid. Pour in chilled milk.
3. Knead the dough, put it in a regular bag, put it in the freezer for 20 minutes. You can leave in the fridge for an hour.
4. During this time, you need to clean the apples, remove the core from them.
5. Dip apples in brown sugar.
6. Prepare a filling of sweets with washed raisins and walnuts. Kernels need to chop together.
7. Remove the dough, pinch off nine small pieces. Make leaves of them.
8. Divide the remaining piece into three parts, roll out the cakes.
9. Put an apple in the center of the cake, fill the hole of the stub with filling. 10. Lift the edges of the tortilla, pack the apple in a bag, stick 3 leaves on top, masking the place of the junction of the edges.
11. Lubricate with yolk, bake for half an hour, the temperature for apples is 180. Cool, copiously powder with powder.
Apples Baked in Puff Pastry in Foil
A wonderful way to cook baked apples in the finished dough. An ordinary kitchen foil is used, which allows the fruit to bake well. Sweets can be taken marmalade or caramel.
• 3 apples;
• 3 caramel;
• pack of dough;
• 5-6 tablespoons of sugar;
1. Peel the apples, remove the core with the stub, you can immediately put the candy in it. For each apple is one caramel. But if they are small, you can use several things.
2. Roll the dough into a thin layer, cut into strips, wrap the apples.
3. From the remnants of the blind leaves. You can use cutting for cookies or mastic.
4. Grease the apple, stick the leaves.
5. Wrap each apple in foil. Transfer to a baking sheet or to form.
6. Put in the oven. At 200 degrees cook in foil for 15 minutes. Then you need to remove it, bake the apples until golden brown.
Apples Baked in Sour Cream (Halves)
Recipe of apples baked in homemade dough. But the fruit is packed not entirely, but in halves. It turns out a kind of pies.
• 100 g of oil;
• 100 g sour cream;
• 130 g of flour;
• 3-4 apples;
• 1 egg;
• 0.5 tsp. ripper.
1. Mix the softened butter with sour cream and one teaspoon of granulated sugar. Add flour with baking powder, season the powder mixture with vanillin. Knead the soft dough.
2. Clean for 20 minutes in the cold, you can in the freezer.
3. During this time, clean the apples, cut in half, the middle should be removed, you get a small hole. If the apples are large, then use 3 things.
4. Add some sugar to each hole. You can fill it with cinnamon or add a few nuts.
5. Remove the dough, divide it into 6 or 8 pieces, depending on the size of the apples. 6. Roll out the tortillas, cover the apple with sugar, on the other hand, pinch the edges. Transfer to a baking sheet. The seam should be at the bottom, the upper side, under which the hole with sugar will be smooth.
7. Lubricate the apples with a raw egg, sprinkle with sugar, bake at 190 until the color is brown, about 15-20 minutes on average.
Apples Baked in Puff Pastry with Cottage Cheese
Recipe for apples stuffed with cottage cheese, baked in puff pastry. In the cottage cheese, you can add cinnamon, ginger to your taste.
• 2 apples;
• 100 g of cottage cheese;
• 30 g raisins;
• 3-4 tablespoons of sugar;
• 1 layer of dough;
1. Pound cottage cheese with a spoon of sugar, pour the rest of the sand into a plate, it will go to sprinkle with apples.
2. Add raisins to curd, cinnamon, ginger or vanillin to taste. Stir.
3. Peel the apples, cut out the middle, you can make a hole on the top side more to fit the filling.
4. Dip apples in sugar sand.
5. Fill the fruit with cooked filling.
6. Wrap a strip of puff pastry. Or cut the rolled bed in half, cut a cake with a small saucer, put an apple and pack.
7. Decorate with dough sheets if desired.
8. Before baking, the apples in the dough should be well smeared with yolk.
9. Cook in the oven. Put at a temperature of 190, medium-sized apples enough 25-30 minutes.
Apples Baked in a Dough (Yeast) with Honey and Nuts
This recipe for apples in the dough is different from the previous versions in that the fruit is not fully packed. From above, the apple remains open, and the collar does not allow the flavored juice to flow out. The dough is cooked on dry yeast.
• 8-9 small apples;
• 2 spoons of honey;
• 4 spoons of nuts;
• 500 g of flour;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 0.5 tsp. salts;
• 1 tsp. lemon (orange) peel;
• 200 ml of water;
• 1 bag of yeast;
• 3 spoons of butter.
1. The dough must be prepared in advance, two hours before baking apples. In warm water, dissolve the salt with sugar, add to them the yeast, oil, flour and zest. It should be shredded. 2. Leave the dough to approach.
3. Chop the nuts, mix with liquid honey. To taste, add a little cinnamon powder, you can pinch vanilla.
4. In the washed apples, remove the middle from the side of the inflorescence, until the opposite side is cut, it is not necessary that the juice is preserved.
5. Fill the holes with honey stuffing with nuts.
6. Remove the dough, divide into pieces by the number of apples. Roll out such flat cakes, so that when you lift the edges up around the apple, you get collar collars.
7. Place the fruit in the center of the cake, lift the edges, but do not pinch, just press the dough to the sides of the apple. Transfer to the form. Do the same with the rest of the apples. Put in shape so that they touch and support each other.
8. Bake in the oven until the dough is ready. Temperature 200, time 25-40 minutes.
Apples Baked in Dough - Tips and Tricks
• The puff pastry itself is dry, its products often fall apart, the pieces do not stick together well. To avoid this, you can coat the ribbons with an egg before winding. You can use regular water, milk, but they do not give a beautiful shine and color after baking.
• Leaves for apples can be cut with a knife, but it is difficult and painstaking. If there are molds for mastic, it is better to use them.
• If the fruits are juicy, then when you remove the core, do not cut the hole to the end, let the barrel remain bottom. It will not allow the juices to flow out, the dough will not limp, it will not fall apart.