Boiled cauliflower can be used as a side dish or an ingredient for other dishes.
Often the vegetable is boiled before frying in a frying pan or baking in the oven.
Preheating improves the palatability of the product and reduces the cooking time of the main course.
But, how and how much to cook the cauliflower?
How to Cook Cauliflower - General Principles
For cooking use fresh cabbage or frozen product. Heading out requires advance preparation. Frozen cabbage is laid in the form it is. The product does not even need to be thawed.
How to cut cauliflower:
1. Remove leaves from cabbage. Immediately, you can cut the spoiled places and remove the defective inflorescences.
2. Head out washed. If it is very dirty, you can soak for a few minutes.
3. Turn the leg over to itself and cut into 2 parts.
4. We disassemble into inflorescences, cutting off small pieces with a small knife.
When cooking cauliflower, you can use all sorts of spices, vegetables, seasonings. Often add butter, milk, broths.
How to cook cauliflower in a saucepan
A basic recipe that tells how to cook cauliflower in a saucepan. To taste you can add greens, any seasoning, or to cook the vegetable in the broth.
• 1 head of cabbage;
1. Immediately boil water, you can in the kettle.
2. Flush head, let it drain. Then take a long knife and cut along into two parts, disassemble into inflorescences. It is advisable to make pieces that are similar in size.
3. We transfer the inflorescences to the pot and pour boiling water on it, put it on the stove. Water should be a bit to preserve the taste of the product. The liquid should only slightly cover the inflorescences.
4. Bring to a boil, add salt, remove the fire and boil for seven minutes.
5. Turn off, take out the cabbage from the broth and ready!
How much to cook cauliflower for frying
Boil inflorescences before frying in batter or breaded. This reduces the time of cooking, insures against unnecessary crunch. But how much to cook cabbage before frying and how? Ingredients
1. Boil water, immediately salt it. On a liter of liquid put 1 spoonful of salt. You can add different spices to your taste.
2. Split the cabbage into small florets at once, which will roast.
3. Lay in the pot, add the fire and give boil.
4. Reduce heat and boil for exactly five minutes.
5. We take out the inflorescences with the help of a skimmer and lay them out on a kitchen towel or napkin. Before frying, let the inflorescences cool and dry slightly.
How to cook cauliflower in milk
Recipe delicate vegetable dishes. For cooking cauliflower, cow's milk is used, and some cheese is added for flavor. Cooking is better in a saucepan or in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
• 400 grams of cabbage;
• 400 ml of milk;
• 300 ml of water;
• 120 grams of cheese;
• some oil;
• Dill greens;
• 1 onion.
1. Pour into a saucepan four spoons of oil, put on the stove.
2. Cut the peeled onion into small cubes, fry in oil.
3. While frying the onions, disassemble the head of cabbage into inflorescences. Better small.
4. Put the vegetables to the onion, add water and milk, salt and cook until soft.
5. At the end add chopped greens, cover and turn off.
6. Arrange the plates and sprinkle with grated cheese.
How much to boil the cauliflower
In steam cabbage the maximum taste and many vitamins remain. And it is this method of preparation that advocates of healthy and dietary nutrition try to use. You can cook in a double boiler, multi-cooker with this function. But how much cauliflower is cooked in this way?
• head of cabbage;
• a pinch of salt;
1. As usual, disassemble the head of buds. Before this, we wash it thoroughly, remove excess moisture.
2. Fill the water in a special container to the desired level. For a good selection of steam, add a pinch of salt.
3. If you wish, you can add a couple of black peppercorns, bay leaves, some dried greens, or a clove of garlic. And then the cabbage will appreciate the spicy flavor.
4. Install the container for the product, lay out the inflorescences and prepare.
5. But how much cauliflower is cooked? For a standard double boiler enough 25 minutes. If the inflorescences are young and small, then smaller. If a multicooker is used, the time ranges from 15 to 20 minutes.
How to cook cauliflower for child feeding
Cauliflower is often used as a first feeding for babies. Unlike white cabbage, it does not cause bloating and is better absorbed by the children's body. How to cook cauliflower for complementary foods?
• 100 grams of cabbage;
• 25 ml of milk;
• 0.5 tsp. vegetable oil.
1. We wash the washed inflorescences in a saucepan, pour boiling water on it and boil it until soft. No salt is added to baby food.
2. Drain broth, but do not throw away.
3. Add boiled milk to the cabbage and season with a blender. You can add baby’s formula or breast milk. They do not need boiling. The mixture is diluted according to the instructions.
4. Add oil and stir. If the consistency of mashed potatoes turned out to be thick, then you can enter a little broth from the cabbage.
How and how much to cook cauliflower in the microwave
Cooking cauliflower in a microwave is good because it does not take much time. For cooking, you will need a glass container with a lid for use in the oven, but you can also take a plastic container with a hole in the lid.
1. Prepare the main product. We wash, disassemble and stack into the container.
2. Pour in 3-4 spoons of water and put in the stove.
3. Set the maximum power and prepare 3 minutes.
4. We get, open, sprinkle with spices. It can be not only salt, but also pepper, herbs, fragrant mixtures. If the cabbage is prepared for a side dish, you can add a piece of butter, sour cream or cream.
5. Close the container and again put in the oven for 3 minutes.
6. We get and check for softness. Inflorescences should be ready. But if harsh, then you can again put in the oven for one or two minutes and bring to the desired state.
How to cook cauliflower with vegetables
Recipe of thick vegetable soup from boiled cauliflower. The dish is light, easy to prepare, but very tasty and rich. Instead of water, you can use meat or chicken broth, it will be even more tasty.
• onion head;
• 700 grams of cabbage; • 2 carrots;
• 2 potatoes;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• 40 grams of butter;
1. Shred the carrot with straws or rub with large chips. Onion cut into cubes.
2. Pour the butter into the pan and fry the onions and carrots together, transfer them to the saucepan.
3. We clean the potatoes, cut into strips, but not small, lay in a saucepan.
4. We wash the cabbage, disassemble it in inflorescences and send it after the potatoes.
5. Fill with boiling water and set to boil (you can use boiling broth). Water added exactly the level of vegetables, but that they were covered. After boiling, remove the fire and cook exactly ten minutes.
6. Free the sweet pepper from the seeds, cut into cubes, add to the dish.
7. Salt, pepper and bring to full readiness. About 10 more minutes.
8. Fill the dish with greens. When serving, add sour cream or a spoonful of cream to each plate.
Cauliflower Cooking - Tips and Tricks
• If you use a lid when cooking cauliflower, the inflorescences may turn yellow. To preserve a beautiful white appearance, cook without a lid or add a pinch of citric acid to the cabbage. You can also drip some lemon juice or acetic acid.
• The less liquid is added when boiling cabbage, the more taste will remain in the inflorescences. But the broth should completely cover them.
• Cauliflower decoction does not need to be thrown away and drained into the sewer. It is not only tasty, but also rich in vitamins, minerals. This vegetable broth can be used for the first and second courses, sauces.
• To get rid of possible insects inside the cabbage, head out soaked in cold water for half an hour. The same technique will help to remove persistent dirt and facilitate washing.