Pomegranate is a healthy berry with a rich flavor.
Her juice is added to a variety of dishes and used for marinades.
Meat, poultry or fish in it are simply delicious.
Pomegranate marinade - general principles of cooking
The most delicious and aromatic marinade will come from fresh, personally prepared juice. But it is not always possible to make it.
Often use ready-made drink.
In this case, you should give preference to natural juice in glass bottles with no extra ingredients in the composition.
Well, if the package will be marked “direct spin”.
• various spices;
• soy sauce;
• onion garlic;
- All ingredients are simply mixed and shipped to the main product.
- Meat, fish or poultry are cut into suitable pieces and soaked in marinade. The exposure time of the product depends on its type and method of heat treatment.
- The fish is kept in the marinade least of all, a little more chicken, the meat can be left from several hours to days.
Recipe 1: Pomegranate marinade with “For Everything” soy sauce
A variant of the universal pomegranate marinade with soy sauce, which can be used for any kind of meat, poultry and even fish. This fill is enough for one kilogram of product. If soy sauce is not salty enough, then to taste you can pour a little salt.
• 0.2 liters of pomegranate juice;
• 50 ml of soy sauce;
• 1 tsp. Provencal herbs;
• 0.3 tsp. black pepper;
• onion garlic.
1. Remove washed zest from the washed lemon and grind. If pomegranate juice is sweet, then squeeze out a little juice from citrus. In the marinade for fish juice, you can squeeze the whole, it will be only tastier.
2. Combine chopped zest with juice and soy sauce. 3. Add a teaspoon of Provencal herbs and black pepper.
4. Mix everything and leave to mix the taste for about ten minutes. During this time, you can prepare the main product, for example, cut the meat, clean the fish, chop the bird.
5. We combine marinade with the main product, you can add garlic to taste, onions are well suited to meat. Leave for 5-10 hours. Two hours are enough for fish.
Recipe 2: Pomegranate marinade for pork and veal shashlik
A variant of a simple pomegranate marinade for kebabs from all kinds of meat. Fresh berry or good juice is used. The amount of this fill is enough for one kilogram of product.
• 1 large pomegranate or 2 small;
• 0.3 kg of onions;
• 0.5 tsp. pepper mixes;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 2 basil sprigs.
1. We clean the washed pomegranates, separate the grains, put them in the juicer and prepare the juice with pulp.
2. Add prescription salt to the juice, mix the peppers and stir.
3. Shred the onion rings and share.
4. Basil twigs are thoroughly washed and lightly rubbed in the hands until the juice appears, throw to the bottom of the dish for pickling.
5. Sprinkle basil with a small amount of onion.
6. Cut the meat into slices, put one layer.
7. Sprinkle with onion, pour marinade.
8. Now again a layer of meat and onions, pour marinade and so on.
9. The remains of the marinade and onions simply distribute from above.
10. Cover dishes and leave in the refrigerator for 10 hours. You can withstand the day. Stir is optional.
Recipe 3: Pomegranate Juice Marinade with Wine for Ribs
Option amazing marinade of pomegranate juice, which is ideal for pork or lamb ribs. Fresh juice and white wine is used. The amount of marinade in 1.5 kg of product.
• 0.5 bundles of cilantro;
• 150 ml of juice;
• 150 ml of white wine;
• 5 cloves of garlic;
• 0.5 bunches of parsley;
• 1 tsp. salts; • 0.5 tsp. black pepper.
1. Enumerate parsley and cilantro. Cut into pieces, but not finely. It is not necessary to remove the twigs, let them remain. It will be easier to remove the greens from the pieces when frying.
2. We salt greens, we pound a little and we leave for ten minutes that juice appeared and aroma went.
3. While engaged in meat. Wash ribs and cut into pieces. If you use lamb, you can leave a few bones together. Excess fat on pork ribs can be cut.
4. Cut the pieces of garlic and throw them to the green, throw the pepper.
5. Pour in the wine and then pomegranate juice, mix everything thoroughly.
6. Connect the ribs with a fragrant marinade. Carefully rub each and put it tightly into a suitable size vessel.
7. Cover and marinate for at least 6 hours.
Recipe 4: Pork in pomegranate marinade in a pan
A delicious pork dish in pomegranate marinade, for which you don't even need a brazier. Enough stoves and pans.
• 0.5 pomegranate;
• 0.7 kg of pork;
• 1 onion;
• 1 glass of pomegranate juice;
• oil, salt;
• some greens.
1. In the pomegranate juice add half a teaspoon of salt, pepper.
2. Cut the pork into pieces with the size of a matchbox. Fill with prepared juice, mix and leave to marinate for at least four hours.
3. Pour oil into the pan, heat it up.
4. Remove meat from marinade and shake off drops of juice. We spread in the pan and begin to fry.
5. After a few minutes, cover with a lid, reduce the intensity of the fire and simmer for a quarter of an hour in the squeezed juice.
6. Open, add onions. We cut it big. Fry until golden brown. Do not forget to mix.
7. Pour the juice from the bowl in which the meat was marinated.
8. Add grains from half a pomegranate and boil it all together for about ten minutes.
9. We throw greens, if necessary, you can add any spices, bay leaf.
Recipe 5: Pomegranate marinade for fish and seafood
A marinade of pomegranate juice, in which you can soak fish for baking or frying on the grill, grill. Also, this option marinade goes well with seafood. A glass of juice is sufficient to pickle 0.8 kg of fish or other product.
• 1 glass of juice;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• seasonings for fish or any other.
1. Combine the salt with pepper, you can add fish seasonings or other spices at your discretion.
2. Cut the fish into the desired size, sprinkle with the prepared mixture. Or just sprinkle seafood.
3. Gently stir the pieces, try not to damage.
4. Mix the vegetable, preferably olive oil with pomegranate juice and pour the fish.
5. Leave to pickle, stand from half an hour to 4-5 hours. Then cook in any way.
Recipe 6: Spicy pomegranate marinade for kebabs
In the preparation of spicy pomegranate marinade for barbecue is used real Georgian adjika. It can be replaced with a mixture of crushed hot peppers, basil, cilantro and garlic. Or just add a little hops-suneli seasoning to the ground pods, then let it brew.
• 1.5 kg of meat;
• 1 spoon adjika;
• 3 tablespoons of soy sauce;
• 0.5 kg of onions;
• 1.5 glass of pomegranate juice;
• some salt.
1. Immediately take the meat, as the marinade itself is prepared in a few seconds. Take pork, lamb or veal, thoroughly wash and cut into pieces. Throw in a bowl.
2. Shred large rings peeled onions and send to pieces of meat.
3. Combine the soy sauce with adjika, you can still add a little salt, grind together. Gradually add the juice and continue stirring. You can just beat everything together in a blender. It is important that the mass becomes homogeneous, otherwise the sharpness will be distributed unevenly.
4. Pour hot sauce into the meat and mix. Marinate at least three hours. You can keep in the refrigerator for up to a day.
Recipe 7: Pomegranate Juice Marinade with Honey and Garlic for Chicken
Another option is marinade made from pomegranate juice, in which chicken is especially successful. Honey gives an appetizing and beautiful crust, and garlic gives an unmatched aroma. This amount is enough for soaking 1.5-2 kg of product.
• 0.5 liters of juice;
• 1.5 tablespoons of honey;
• 1-2 tsp. salts;
• 5-7 cloves of garlic;
• 1 bag of seasonings for chicken.
1. First grind the peeled garlic cloves.
2. Add honey to them, rub well. If he is candied, then the manipulation will immediately begin to liquefy.
3. Add salt and seasonings here. Pound to mush and gradually introduce warm juice. You get a very fragrant drink that you want to drink.
4. Immerse it in pieces of chicken, wings and even the breast. We put on top of a small oppression, so that the product was completely covered.
5. The dwell time of the bird in the marinade can be anything. Chicken can be cooked in half an hour or leave for a day.
Recipe 8: Pork in pomegranate marinade in the oven
The recipe for incredibly delicious pork in pomegranate marinade, which can be cooked at home in a conventional oven. Choose good meat, you can take with layers of fat and go!
• 1 kg of pork;
• 40 ml of soy sauce;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 1 glass of pomegranate juice;
• black pepper, sweet paprika;
• 1 clove garlic;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 0.6 kg of onions.
1. Cut the pork into 2 centimeters. Gently beat the kitchen hammer.
2. Combine the soy sauce, all the spices, add a clove of garlic, squeeze the juice from half a lemon. One spoon is enough.
3. Pour sugar, a little salt and stir.
4. Fill the battered pieces with the prepared mixture and leave to marinate. You can soak the pork the day before or in the morning for evening cooking.
5. Cut the onion into rings, lay out in a baking dish. 6. On top of one layer put the pork.
7. Pour the marinade in which she lay.
8. We put 200 degrees in the oven and bring to readiness. Served with onions, which was used as a pillow.
Pomegranate marinade - tips and tricks
• To squeeze the juice from the pomegranate does not necessarily use any device or technique. There is a way much easier. Berry need to wash and with an effort to ride on the table. They press on it with hands and turn it slowly, the task is to knead the grains. Then make a deep hole and just squeeze the juice into the cup.
• Pork itself is fairly soft and the meat before pickling needs only to be cut. Beef is a bit more complicated and desirable, before pouring the sauce, to discard the pieces a little. In this form, the meat is better soaked, it becomes more tender and juicier.
• When marinating meat in juices, it is recommended to put a small yoke on top. It will prevent the pieces from floating up, and the whole product will be in the pot.
• Need to marinate meat quickly? Prepare pouring on warm pomegranate juice, you can add a little vinegar. After combining with the meat, the pot can be kept warm for an hour, so that the juices pass into the tissue faster and only then cool. Pre-beating the pieces with a hammer also helps to shorten the time of marinating the product.