Japanese cuisine is famous not only for world famous sushi.
Soups are its constant part.
Liquid dishes are used for breakfast, lunch, dinner, used as snacks.
Japanese soups are popular all over the world and surprise with original combinations of products and cooking methods.
Japanese Soup - General Cooking Principles
Often, ready-made dashi broth is used to make Japanese soups. It is a dry granule or powder that just needs to be diluted in a liquid. Dashi can be added to water, fish, vegetable and meat broths.
Other products are also frequent satellites of Japanese soups:
• a fish;
• chicken, meat;
And, of course, the bright ingredients of Japanese soups are algae and spices that highlight the national dishes of this country. As for vegetables, onions, carrots, celery, Chinese cabbage are most often used. The Japanese love all kinds of greens, which they prefer to add already when serving and not to boil.
Special attention should be paid to making Japanese soups. Often the ingredients are boiled or fried separately from each other, and then mixed in a saucepan or directly in the plates.
Recipe 1: Classic Japanese Miso Soup
The classic recipe of Japanese soup “Miso” based on soy paste. Locals use it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and at any time of the day. Preparing a dish simply and quickly, not intended for reheating or storage. In addition to miso soybean paste, Japanese dashi broth is required, as well as dried seaweed.
• 100 grams of miso;
• dashi spoon;
• 120 grams of tofu;
• green onions;
• spoon of dry soup seaweed;
• 900 grams of water.
1. Mix dashi with water, send to the plate. Give well dissolve and boil.
2. Pour half a glass of cold water into the seaweed, let it soak.
3. Add diced tofu. Cubes can be made in any size, but smaller ones are better. 4. Squeeze the algae from the excess liquid and send it to the pan to the Japanese soup.
5. We transfer the soy paste to the bowl, add soup soup ladle, mix well so that it does not form a lump. Pour homogeneous mass into the pan, mix well and immediately turn off.
6. Ready soup served with green onions, to taste, you can add any spices.
Recipe 2: Japanese Salmon Soup
Cooking this Japanese soup is so simple that even a child can make it. At the same time, the dish is rich, fragrant and very healthy.
• 250 grams of salmon;
• 120 grams of miso paste;
• 1.2 liters of water;
• 10 grams of special seaweed for soup;
• 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce;
• sesame seeds;
• greens for feeding.
1. Soak the algae in cold water for 1.5 hours.
2. Separate the salmon from the skin, bones, cut into cubes and boil in water until tender.
3. Dilute soybean paste with a small amount of broth, then send it to the soup.
4. Squeeze out swollen algae, also add to the total mass.
5. Pour in soy sauce. You can add more or less, focus on your taste. But remember that it is quite salty and it is important not to overdo it.
6. Boil the soup for two or three minutes, turn it off.
7. Ready soup is seasoned with roasted sesame seeds just before serving.
Recipe 3: Japanese noodle soup
In Japan, this soup is eaten with chopsticks. First, all the broth is drunk, then thick is eaten. For cooking you will need ramen noodles. You can buy ready-made or make ordinary homemade noodles on eggs with wheat flour.
• water 2 liters;
• 100 grams of soy sauce;
• 250 grams of noodles;
• 1 red pepper;
• 2-3 eggs;
• 2 sheets of nori;
• 400 grams of chicken;
• oil, green onions.
1. Wash the chicken, pour it with cold water and boil it. Do not forget to remove the foam to the soup turned transparent. You can use any part of the chicken. Breast is suitable for a light soup, legs and wings for a fat dish. 2. Cook eggs separately.
3. Separately, in salted water, boil the noodles and drain the water. This is done so that the soup remains transparent.
4. Chop onions and carrots, fry in a pan. In Japan, sesame oil is used for these purposes, which gives the soup a special taste. But you can take any.
5. Retrieve the boiled chicken, cool it and throw it back into the pan. Add noodles, fried vegetables, finely chopped pepper and chopped nori seaweed.
6. Pour in soy sauce and boil it all together, salt it if desired.
7. Pour soup in a plate, add half a boiled egg, green onions.
Recipe 4: Japanese soup with shrimp
For an unusually fragrant Japanese soup, you can use any shrimp, large, small, medium. You will also need Bonito tuna flakes.
• 250 grams of shrimp;
• 3 tablespoons of corn flour;
• spoon of sake;
• 20 grams of tuna;
• 50 grams of sea kale;
• 10 ml of soy sauce;
• green onions, salt, oil;
• 3 eggs.
1. Boil the shrimp until tender, cool and peel. Laying in a blender. Add salt, cornmeal, one protein and soy sauce. All together, beat. It should make a cool dough. If it is weak, then add more flour.
2. We form small balls, like meatballs, fry in boiling oil.
3. Beat the remaining eggs with salt and sake, fry 2 thin omelets in the form of pancakes, cool and cut into strips imitating noodles.
4. Boil the chopped noria strips with tuna flakes for 10 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp balls, omelet strips, salt, let boil and turn off immediately. We do not allow the omelet to fall apart; the strips must keep their shape. Serve Japanese soup with onions and parsley.
Recipe 5: Japanese soup with mussels and rice
The recipe is very satisfying and rich first course with a pleasant, sweetish taste. Mussels can be used fresh or frozen, canned will not work. The amount of water we take by eye, depending on the desired thickness of the soup.
• half a cup of rice;
• 4 tomatoes;
• onion and carrot; • 200 grams of mussel meat;
• 100 grams of white wine;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• basil, salt, oil;
• 1-1.5 liters of water.
1. Making vegetable puree. To do this, fry the chopped onion with carrots in oil. Scald tomatoes with boiling water, peel, cut into cubes and send to the pan.
2. Fry vegetables together until soft. Put a few sprigs of basil, cool a little and punch in a puree with a blender. We shift to the pot for cooking soup.
3. Rice is thoroughly washed until the water is completely transparent, the liquid is drained. Fry the cereal in oil until golden brown, then pour in the wine and keep the pan on the fire until the liquid is completely evaporated.
4. In the vegetable puree add water, rice, mussels and boil until the cereal is ready. About 10 minutes.
5. Add chopped garlic, basil leaves, salt to taste and turn off. We give the Japanese soup to insist half an hour and serve on the table.
Recipe 6: Japanese soup with crabs and egg
Preparing a dish in fish broth, for which we use pink salmon. You can take raw fish, but tastes better with smoked.
• 500 grams of pink salmon;
• 1.5-2 liters of water;
• a glass of rice;
• vegetable oil;
• 200 grams of crab meat;
• 2 eggs;
• oil, a little salt;
• 2 sprigs of celery.
1. We put the pink salmon in a saucepan with water, boil 15 minutes. When boiling, remove the resulting foam. Then remove the fish, remove the bones, skin and cut into pieces.
2. Separately boil rice. The Japanese pour the washed grits with two parts of water and boil until the liquid is completely evaporated. But if you doubt that the rice will turn out crumbly, then cook by washing method.
3. Crabs disassemble into pieces.
4. Put the salmon, crabs in the broth and cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add rice, cook another 2 minutes, add salt.
6. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl, pour in a saucepan with soup, without ceasing to mix.
7. Put chopped celery, let it boil and turn it off. Serve after half an hour of infusion under the lid.
Recipe 7: Japanese rice noodle soup and tofu
Soup going right on the plate, does not require boiling. Another specialty of this first course is the fried tofu pieces, which give an amazing taste. Optionally add any spices, from this Japanese soup will only get better. From the listed products 4 servings will turn out. Ingredients
• 150 grams of rice noodles;
• 400 grams of tofu;
• 2 spoons of miso;
• 150 grams of Chinese cabbage;
• oil, salt;
• liter of any broth (fish, vegetable, chicken).
1. Cut tofu into 4 plates, dry them with paper towels or napkins.
2. Coat the pieces with soybean miso paste. If desired, you can add any spices, hot peppers.
3. Fry the tofu in a pan on both sides until rosy. Spoon the plates.
4. In the same pan slightly fry Chinese cabbage, until soft. Also laid out on plates, connecting with tofu.
5. Rice noodles pour boiling water, withstand 3 minutes. Drain the liquid, rinse with cold water and also decompose on plates.
6. Boil the broth, salt to taste, pour into plates. Sprinkle with coriander on top. To taste put chopped greens.
Recipe 8: Japanese soup with eggs and shiitake mushrooms
For this soup, besides shiitake mushrooms, tuna flakes and algae are also required. At the request of sake can be deleted. From this amount of ingredients, 4 servings are obtained, the soup is cooked for 15 minutes.
• 5 shiitake mushrooms;
• 40 grams of sea kale;
• a spoonful of soy sauce and sake;
• spoon of tuna flakes;
• salt, greens;
• 2 eggs.
1. Pour 1.2 liters of water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Pour tuna flakes, pour in soy sauce and salt. Boil for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped seaweed, boil for a moment.
4. Put the shredded mushrooms, cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Beat the eggs with a fork to a uniform consistency, pour in a trickle into the pan, without ceasing to mix. Cook before folding the protein.
6. Spill the soup in plates, season with greens.
Recipe 9: Japanese soup broth
Aromatic first course with a bright taste. For cooking, you will need chicken bones, soup kits, illiquid pieces, from which you can make a good decoction.
• 1 kg of chicken pits;
• 300-500 grams of pig bones;
• 2 carrots;
• 20 grams of ginger root;
• pepper, salt, sugar; • spoon of dasha broth;
1. Wash all the bones. Fold in a large saucepan, pour water so that it covers the contents of 3 cm. Cook for 2 hours, periodically remove the foam.
2. Throw the onion in the pan, cut into 4 parts. Do not need to clean. Carrots clean, cut in half and also sent to the pan. Cook another hour. If the water does not cover the contents, you can add a little boiling water.
3. After an hour, remove all the bones, filter the broth.
4. Add shredded ginger, dashi broth, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well, let boil and immediately turn off. Served with fresh herbs.
Japanese Soup - Tricks and Tips
• No special algae for soup? You can use sheets noriya, intended for the preparation of sushi. Grind them most conveniently with scissors. Roll the sheet in several layers and just shear. Next, use the chip prescription.
• Most Japanese soups are not intended for storage and should be consumed on the same day. This is due to the addition of ingredients that in the process of reheating deteriorate the look and taste. Therefore, it is not necessary to prepare a large portion of the dish, preferably at once.
• When buying seafood for Japanese dishes, you need to remember that after defrosting will lose from 10 to 30% of the mass. Therefore, you need to purchase ingredients for the soup with a small margin. Also consider the loss during machining.